Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Star Starters
In the East, the starting guards are Dwayne Wade and Derrick Rose. The starting forwards are LeBron James and Amar’e Stoudemire. Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic was named the starting the center.

In the West, Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul will man the guard spots. Carmelo Anthony — assuming he isn’t traded by then — and Kevin Durant will be the forwards, and Yao Ming was voted as the starting center, even though he will not play.

More....

JSYK
Kobe was the leading vote-getter Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:In the East, the starting guards are Dwayne Wade and Derrick Rose. The starting forwards are LeBron James and Amar’e Stoudemire. Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic was named the starting the center.

In the West, Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul will man the guard spots. Carmelo Anthony — assuming he isn’t traded by then — and Kevin Durant will be the forwards, and Yao Ming was voted as the starting center, even though he will not play.

More....

JSYK
Kobe was the leading vote-getter Wink

No surprise there Smile
Aslan Wrote:No surprise there Smile

Yao was also voted as the starting center. Fans vote for people who hasnt played 90 minutes all year. Good Job fanS!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yao was also voted as the starting center. Fans vote for people who hasnt played 90 minutes all year. Good Job fanS!

If 5% of China votes for Yao he automatically makes it.
David Stern will be handpicking the starting center.
I dont understand the fascination with Yao Ming.
In all honesty, the guy never stays healthy and when he was he sucked IMO.
Its a shame we have China picking the starting center for the west like they always do.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont understand the fascination with Yao Ming.
Its a shame we have China picking the starting center for the west like they always do.

He didn't suck. When healthy Yao was a force and did many things that didn't show up in the stats. His career averages are 19 & 9. Being from China has guaranteed him a starting spot in the All Star Game every year though, which is dumb.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont understand the fascination with Yao Ming.

?????????????????????? Really?

He was flat out beast
The All-star game is pretty much a popularity contest! Flat out!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
If Stern HAS to pick an atual center to start... shouldnt it be Bynum he is easily the second best center in the west and the second leading vote getter among centers in the west. Otherwise they should move a player like Pau or duncan to the position and give someone else a chance to make the Western all-stars.
MisterPerfect Wrote:The All-star game is pretty much a popularity contest! Flat out!

You are 100% correct.
Pau as center? Good call...
Dwight would eat him..
Ok friends. Pau is a forward. No argument here. But almighty wise ones, who is good enough to start as center in the West? And who, in the entire NBA is howard not capable of destroying?
I say give it to Kevin Love
zaga_fan Wrote:I say give it to Kevin Love

Not a bad pick stats wise..
But realistically, would he do a better job than say Dirk or Duncan?
I don't know why they even play these things anymore. They mean nothing. The players don't even try, which I don't blame them. Why get hurt in game that means nothing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:I don't know why they even play these things anymore. They mean nothing. The players don't even try, which I don't blame them. Why get hurt in game that means nothing.

It's for the fans. I love seeing shaq dribbling up the court going between his legs,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It's for the fans. I love seeing shaq dribbling up the court going between his legs,

I know it is. I would rather watch the skills events. Dunk Contest, 3-Pt Shoot out, Homerun Derby, Hardest Slapshot....etc.

But, that's just me. I just can't get into a game when they don't even try.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I can.. your just a hater Mr. OffTheHook!!
NOw heres the problem with Dirk or Duncan at starting Center. They arent centers! Dirk is no where near the man to guard Howard or play center. I love nowitzki, one of my favorites, easy. But not going to be a starting center. And Duncan? Come on now. He is the 12th man AT BEST on the western confrence all-star team. He isn't the right man either. And Love, is being an absolute beast this year, but ill guarantee u he doesnt start the all-star game. No doubt he deserves a spot on the team, but not as a starter. I predict Gasol will start center.
Oh and as for them not trying in the all-star game, im sick of hearing that. They put on a great show in the first half just playing "street ball" so to speak. They are competitive games at the end though. Many have gone into OT. You dont have OT in games where players arent trying. thats just bull IMO sorry. I love the game, havent missed one since i started watching NBA.
Ballers Wrote:I can.. your just a hater Mr. OffTheHook!!

No I just think they are a waste of time. A majority of the players even wish they would do away with them.

At least in baseball they are playing for something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Baseball is the most boring sport ever. I rather watch Tennis.
K_Mac Wrote:Baseball is the most boring sport ever. I rather watch Tennis.

Nope. Golf and men's swimming
K_Mac Wrote:Baseball is the most boring sport ever. I rather watch Tennis.

C'mon. Baseball is awesome!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Highly disagree. I like Golf and have no problem watching, especially if phil or tiger is playing. As for mens swimming, never watched it. Baseball though i would imagine is still far more boring then either of those two.
Ballers Wrote:Not a bad pick stats wise..
But realistically, would he do a better job than say Dirk or Duncan?

Dirk isn't a center
and Duncan is way past his prime
He still gets the job done and all
but he isn't an all-star starter
zaga_fan Wrote:Dirk isn't a center
and Duncan is way past his prime
He still gets the job done and all
but he isn't an all-star starter

I agree. So isnt Gasol the only lagit pick to start at center for the west?
K_Mac Wrote:I agree. So isnt Gasol the only lagit pick to start at center for the west?

I say Kevin Love
He's leading the league in rebounds and averages over 20 a game
No way does Love start. We'll find out tonight at 7 i think.