Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Kittens win against East Carter
Great win Ashland Kittens. Beating East Carter 59-33. :Cheerlead
This morning's Independent called them the "Kiddie Kittens"... not sure what it's gonna take for these girls to get some respect. It's still early but as long as everyone keeps looking at their ages instead of their game, these "Kiddie Kittens" may just roll on to Bowling Green. Great win last night Ladies!!
way to up tight just a game. looking at the team they are very young they start 2 jrs and 3 sophs.
I thought it was kind of a neat name,,,just shows that they are young and playing very well, keep up the good work
ncis Wrote:I thought it was kind of a neat name,,,just shows that they are young and playing very well, keep up the good work

I agree about the name, but also about the lack of respect. talent is talent regardless of age. Farris one of the most athletic kids if not the most athletic in the region, with major improvements offensively this year, Heaberlin is very strong physically and works hard to controll others post, Gambill has found her shot again its been lights out since then, Culip is playing her own game now attacking the rim well and defensively controlled others big scorers, Jones is big and strong at the point with her, and her shooting has been very consistant, however should take some more shots. Slone has found her role in being a defensive stopper and picks up several rebounds and put backs to give u them points that go unnoticed. Gunter is a very good change of pace in the line up with good ball handling and a motor that never stops, good move getting out of that mess she was in by transferring. Robinson can break you down defensively hard to press when she is in and in the half court haven't seen a player in the region that can stay in front of her, also quick and long defensively. Gransberry with a very nice pull up jumper and her elevation going to the rim is unmatch. Foutch is another one of them work horses defensively and offensively with very good footwork in the post. That is 2 starting fives that can match up against everybody elses 1 that is just as talented or more regardless of age.
I think the best time to talk about respect will be after the season is over. I really dont think the girls or the coaches really care about the names given to them in the paper.
Bluegrassboy Wrote:I agree about the name, but also about the lack of respect. talent is talent regardless of age. Farris one of the most athletic kids if not the most athletic in the region, with major improvements offensively this year, Heaberlin is very strong physically and works hard to controll others post, Gambill has found her shot again its been lights out since then, Culip is playing her own game now attacking the rim well and defensively controlled others big scorers, Jones is big and strong at the point with her, and her shooting has been very consistant, however should take some more shots. Slone has found her role in being a defensive stopper and picks up several rebounds and put backs to give u them points that go unnoticed. Gunter is a very good change of pace in the line up with good ball handling and a motor that never stops, good move getting out of that mess she was in by transferring. Robinson can break you down defensively hard to press when she is in and in the half court haven't seen a player in the region that can stay in front of her, also quick and long defensively. Gransberry with a very nice pull up jumper and her elevation going to the rim is unmatch. Foutch is another one of them work horses defensively and offensively with very good footwork in the post. That is 2 starting fives that can match up against everybody elses 1 that is just as talented or more regardless of age.

BlueGrass Boy, I agree with everything you said. Talent is talent regardless of age. I can't wait to see what the rest of the season, and the next 4 years for that matter, will bring for the Kittens. They are a hard working bunch :worthy:
I do agree with American dream, respect will be there when they win at the end of the year, this is a great run for the kittens and I guarantee the other coaches in the region are not disrespecting them, anyone can see they r a great group of young ladies and that's what makes it special. These girls and coaching staff are having a great year this year, hope everyone let's them enjoy it and remember their youth if they do loose a few games at the end, they have already accomplished more than what anyone thought they would.
ncis Wrote:I do agree with American dream, respect will be there when they win at the end of the year, this is a great run for the kittens and I guarantee the other coaches in the region are not disrespecting them, anyone can see they r a great group of young ladies and that's what makes it special. These girls and coaching staff are having a great year this year, hope everyone let's them enjoy it and remember their youth if they do loose a few games at the end, they have already accomplished more than what anyone thought they would.

I agree totally. I thought that this would be a rebounding year for the Kittens, but after beating Fleming, Rowan, and East the last 3 games it appears that this team is a legit region contender. Of course the Kittens my still not drop a few games due to youth, but that is all part of the learning curve. IMO, Bill Bradley does his best coaching with young players and "over-achieving" teams. He is patient and is a good teacher of the game - and he truly cares for his players.
To my elite family of Ashland..."Are you kiddin me?"

With the season we are having and one of the finer coaches in the state, to come on here and whine about a newspaper article. I, along with Bill Bradley have known Mark Maynard for 40 years plus. His artilce was not of a derogatory descent upon Kitten Nation but just the opposite. He was actually vaunting on our beloved little kiddie kittens!

I love watching our kiddies play but what you must understand is that records are nothing unless a trip to Diddle comes with it. Our girls are on a roll, so please (parents) do not come on here and become so dangerously pious over an article that was meant as one of the best compliments you could ever recieve when looking at the ages and grades of our current team.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:To my elite family of Ashland..."Are you kiddin me?"

With the season we are having and one of the finer coaches in the state, to come on here and whine about a newspaper article. I, along with Bill Bradley have known Mark Maynard for 40 years plus. His artilce was not of a derogatory descent upon Kitten Nation but just the opposite. He was actually vaunting on our beloved little kiddie kittens!

I love watching our kiddies play but what you must understand is that records are nothing unless a trip to Diddle comes with it. Our girls are on a roll, so please (parents) do not come on here and become so dangerously pious over an article that was meant as one of the best compliments you could ever recieve when looking at the ages and grades of our current team.

Well said!!!!!!!!
Yes very well said ,,let's just not hold all parents accountable for one that probably realizes now,that they may have read this article wrong. Most parents and the girls appreciate the article. Keep up the good work and thanks for the article and recognizing are "kiddies"
Surprising year so far for the Kittens, after graduating so much. Another surprise team has been Fleming Co. They have slipped a bit as of late, but have proved they can beat anyone in the region. Boyd Co. has the most experience and this could really mean a difference in the post-season, as is almost always the case. West has Perry and when she is on, they can beat anyone as well. East will always be prepared for Regionals. Then you have Rowan Co., who along with Boyd Co., are probably the favorites to win it. Remenber, they have hometown advantage in the Regionals and they ARE defending champs.
Steve Kuberski Wrote:Surprising year so far for the Kittens, after graduating so much. Another surprise team has been Fleming Co. They have slipped a bit as of late, but have proved they can beat anyone in the region. Boyd Co. has the most experience and this could really mean a difference in the post-season, as is almost always the case. West has Perry and when she is on, they can beat anyone as well. East will always be prepared for Regionals. Then you have Rowan Co., who along with Boyd Co., are probably the favorites to win it. Remenber, they have hometown advantage in the Regionals and they ARE defending champs.

I agree with your breakdowns of the teams, but at this point in the season I don't think any of these teams can be considered a "favorite". I think that anyone of them can beat any other team on a given night. They all have specific individual advantages that could doom another other team in a particular contest. The 16th region is a toss-up plain and simple.