•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central 2011
cougarpride08 Wrote:^ That is a good question that only those coaches can answer. I had heard that Deleno Thomas was thinking about coming back. Is it true?

Whitaker don't live in Letcher County unless he recently moved. Don't know about Puckett, Perkins, or Beder.

I would be surprised to see Coach Thomas come back. The main reason he did coach was because of Hillard Howard.
cougarpride08 Wrote:You have to start with Logan Johnson at QB. Who is going to be our star back this year? Taylor kid seems to be a good call.

Didn't the middle school have some pretty good backs a couple of years ago?

Isn't the Sergent kid a back?
Yes but they kinda use him as a fullback, but I don't know how they are going to use them now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Patriot Wrote:Didn't the middle school have some pretty good backs a couple of years ago?

Isn't the Sergent kid a back?

Sergent got injured in the Hazard game and did not return for the rest of the season, he was starting linebacker and they really missed him. I don't know if Sergent wil be able to play again or not, I think he is going to have a operation soon. Blair the starting center missed the first 8 games with a injury. Two more big lineman missed the entire season with injuries. Throw in the fact that they lost 18 seniors the previous year, along with key players failing drug tests, and a coaching change expectations may have been a little to high for this team.
Didn't know about the failed drug test. So sad if true!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Does the QB return next year? He is a good talent at QB.
cherokee Wrote:Sergent got injured in the Hazard game and did not return for the rest of the season, he was starting linebacker and they really missed him. I don't know if Sergent wil be able to play again or not, I think he is going to have a operation soon. Blair the starting center missed the first 8 games with a injury. Two more big lineman missed the entire season with injuries. Throw in the fact that they lost 18 seniors the previous year, along with key players failing drug tests, and a coaching change expectations may have been a little to high for this team.

Well Cherokee if they weren't laughing at us before they sure are now. You know it was just an excuse for them to use to save their jobs. :dontthink

So it was the players fault after all!!. All them sorry no good for nothing drug using teenagers, busting up knees and shoulders, probably while they were drugging it up!! How could they make you coaches look so bad, how dare them, probably the first and only football players to EVER use any kind of drug, just to make you look bad no doubt. I just can't believe what you guys have had to endure all for such a measly little salary, and just to think you guys brought half of your family in to this county and all they have given them is jobs and homes to live in, it's not like they had local applications for the jobs, right? So sad, so sad. Poor coaches. :HitWall:
gUrU Wrote:[quote=mtntopblue]I have been reading these posts for so long and they make me sick, everbody always trying to talk about the coaching staff, and the middle school coach bad mouthing the program on the hill. If he knew anything about football he would have been the head coach and Hillard would have made sure of this. Are you people saying that middle school football is the same as high school football????? Where are the players in this county??? There has never been a great team come out of this county since 95 when they won the region but then got crushed by Danville. Come on people think about it I know we all can blame the coaches but really think about it the players are really not that good up there. No speed at all but let me guess that is the coaches fault and heart that is what I would question and let me guess that is Whitakers fault to. If you people including myself think we can do a better job lets all go to the school board and apply for the jobs up there.[/QUOTE

It is coach Whitaker's fault when neither him nor any of his coaching staff have been there for the weight lifting program, not once this entire winter break. Coaches from before let the boys know that at 10 every morning the weight room was open for them.

The heart of the program is directly related to your head coach's attitude, and his stinks, no pregame pep talk, no half time pep talk, the players play dry and flat just like his attitude, were you there senior night? This is HIGH SCHOOL football and these boys need leadership and direction, they need fire and grit, they need somebody to be in the trenches with them, not walk off the field with his wife not speaking to a soul there.

Whitaker was announced as interim head coach year before last, it wasn't an adjustment year, it was a coach not willing to come to the high school level to coach, not willing to adjust to the talent that he had, and yes he did have talent.

If changes aren't made before summer practice the parents of LCC need to band together and demand changes for their sons, you only get four years of high school football, this traveling coaching staff has already taken one of those years from them, we need to make sure they don't take another. If nothing else, we can car pool across the mountain!!

Take little GuRu across the mountain, he can sit the bench there too.:lmao:
gUrU Wrote:Well Cherokee if they weren't laughing at us before they sure are now. You know it was just an excuse for them to use to save their jobs. :dontthink

So it was the players fault after all!!. All them sorry no good for nothing drug using teenagers, busting up knees and shoulders, probably while they were drugging it up!! How could they make you coaches look so bad, how dare them, probably the first and only football players to EVER use any kind of drug, just to make you look bad no doubt. I just can't believe what you guys have had to endure all for such a measly little salary, and just to think you guys brought half of your family in to this county and all they have given them is jobs and homes to live in, it's not like they had local applications for the jobs, right? So sad, so sad. Poor coaches. :HitWall:

Didn't they win the two games the suspension happened anyway?
Dang, reading these posts proves that we have as many nutcases as Perry County does. LOL.
I wouldn't go that far Orange.. Aslan and Zaga are us Harlan Countian's whipping boys. Funny thing is-they keep coming back for more. They post more on HC threads then Perry threads, lol. For the most part the loser of the HC/LCC game each year, stands up and takes it like a man. Wish we could say the same for Zaga :1:
Aaawww, I've made daddy mad. Guess with that kind of attitude we can see why a 5A school was down to 39 players. Little guru is a senior this year but thanks for the wonderful senior year, it was amazing, memories to last a lifetime. Nothing like going out on the worst record of the school history. The the warm heart felt thanks senior night said it all coach. I bet Tim Couch still dreams of his high school years with you guys. :thanks: :Thumbs: :notworthy :worthy:
:popcorn:
I know winning cures a lot, but is Whitaker happy there or is looking to leave?
With the amount of money they paid him, I would say he is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

IMO- If they would change up the defense from a 4 front then they might could handle another teams offense.. Beader needs to be held accountable for that one.. He couldnt win at KCC with a 4 front. What does he think he is doing only him and god knows.. Get them kids running a 5-3 again and you will see atleast 2 or 3 more wins in the column...
cougarpride08 Wrote:With the amount of money they paid him, I would say he is.

Don't forget about the rest of the family their getting paid pretty good also.
Are all the same coaches coming back? I'm am not talking about Whitaker on this one Cherokee, just the assistants, are all coming back?
Paul Crewe Wrote:Are all the same coaches coming back? I'm am not talking about Whitaker on this one Cherokee, just the assistants, are all coming back?

I really can't give you a truthful answer Crewe. My guess is no one is being terminated only 2 assistant coaches hired from the outside that I know of teach or work for the BOE. Beder is a "excellent" teacher and person that will leave a positive influence on young people ( head coach at 3 different schools). Puckett I think coached at Powell County with Whitaker don't know that much about him or his job with the system. The rest of the coaching staff is local boys that are well liked in the community.
Sergent is a local boy and former head coach at Whitesburg now a principal.
Perkins is a Kentucky State Police out of the Pikeville post.
Johnson a local boy I don't know where he works.
Adams local boy retired city cop.
Bates local boy that works for a coal company.
schedule for next season?
Don't think it has been finalized yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Don't think it has been finalized yet.

What is the hold up on the schedule?
Where they have only a four team district, they have to schedule more non conference games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Same problem we had on this side of the mountain!
Patriot Wrote:Same problem we had on this side of the mountain!

Who is on their schedule so far and what weeks do they have open?
Do you think we will schedule a VA team this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Do you think we will schedule a VA team this year?

I doubt it unless they pick up Gate City, VA.

I will be surprised if Belfry and Hazard is on the schedule this year also.
Don't know if they will beef it up or not, but it does gives them more chances to keep things locally. I know we will have more home games this year because of the few we had last year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

1) Madison Central first annual Roy Kidd bowl at Eastern Ky
2) Breathitt Co home
3) Franklin Co home
4) Montgomery Co away
5) Lawerance Co home
6) Russell Co away
7) *Harlan Co away
8) *Perry Central home
9) *Whitley Co away
10) Greenup Co home
This is what I was told by a few of the players on turf 8 games grass 2
If that is true that is a much better schedule than last year. Picking up the bobcats and play them at home is a plus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next