Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 51 Sheldon Clark 44
Final from Inez.
Green 25 pts. 16 rebounds
Moore 16 pts. 3 rebounds
Johnson 9 pts 9 rebounds
wow really didnt expect this one. I guess Paintsville has came back a new team. What happened to SC?
any more stats?
This is a shocker.:Hole:
what happen to sc?
I Think SC is down to 7 high school players its gonna be hard to win games down the stretch
Where'd everyone go?
Why are there only 7 players? jus curious with the coach an sum is jus hear say which may mean im totally wrong but heard sum pple talking from clay that said sc coach spurlock ran off 3 to 4 of there best players every year? what is goin on?
why jus 7? n what is the coach doing to make them all quit i know sum family of mine who knows some of the player well n said he is jus running them off.. most of them has played ball there hole life jus about..
wow.. didnt see this one coming at all.
Congrats to Paintsville
Why in the world is this a surprise? SC has No one other than Moore.
Does anyone have the complete box score?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Why in the world is this a surprise? SC has No one other than Moore.

They have a pretty good freshmen in Johnson and Chase Kirk is no slouch??
One week ago there were people on here saying this team could win region. If the coach keeps on running players off there not going to have a high school team anymore.. its going to be a middle school team.. They have 4 seniors, 1 Junior, 1 sophmore, 1 Freshman and the rest of the team is the middle school team! He is running the entire team off!! I know what the Clay County parents were talking about now when they said him leaving was the best thing that cound happen to the program... BJ Moore dosnt even act like himself out there anymore.. He dont look for his shots.. He has to get into a rythem and he cant in the offense that spurlock is running.. Paintsville played a great game today.. Tiller got into the lane when he wanted and he wasnt getting any calls down low. The green kid played great also.. He did a great job on the boards and scored alot of big buckets. Slone played a very well rounded game too.. the whole paintsville team played a good game.. they out hustled the cards and just wanted it more tonight.. SC played horrible.. Lafferety was taking bad shots because his ball handling skills are not good enough to make his own shot.. I can see this season ending up very bad for the cards unless spurlock can get his kids to trust him and to have fun.. cause there not acting like its fun..
Big win for the Tigers.
Pupaw Wrote:Does anyone have the complete box score?

Paintsville - 15 - 11 - 10 - 15 - 51
Sheldon Clark - 8 - 7 - 14 - 15 - 44

PHS - 11 (2) - 4 (3) - 17/28 (FT)
SCHS- 9 (2) - 6 (3) - 8/10 (FT)

PHS - Green (25) - Tiller (16) - Sublett (4) - M. Daniels (3) - Slone (2) - D. Caldwell (1)
15 Fouls (1T)

SCHS - Moore (16) - Johnson (9) - Kirk (9) - Ty Lafferty (6) - Smith (2) - Hayes (2)
20 Fouls
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Way to go Tigers. Just keep it going.:Thumbs:
SC is down to 6 players from what im hearing
sadly this true. what was suppose to be a promising year is not looking that way anymore.
goo:Cheerleadd job to you josh green!!!
so if who i heard quit is true then sc will b lucky to get the 4th spot in the district.. but wil b interesting to c jus how good a coach spurlock is!!! :popcorn:
congrats to the Tigers
Coach Spurlock has been a winner at every stop and that has been proven. I guess the best thing for him to do is build the program from ground out but these posts that want to bash him please remember the man does has three kids and they don't need to be hurt more than what has already been said. He is a class act and SC is lucky to have him.
Coach Spurlock does not deserve the blame for this. He is a good coach and from what i hear an excellent teacher. He come here to do what he loves which is coach but for whatever reason this just hasnt worked. I just wonder if the powers that be realize that change is good when needed, but change can be very bad when not needed!!!!!!!!!
Jed Clampett Wrote:Coach Spurlock has been a winner at every stop and that has been proven. I guess the best thing for him to do is build the program from ground out but these posts that want to bash him please remember the man does has three kids and they don't need to be hurt more than what has already been said. He is a class act and SC is lucky to have him.
How dare a coach have any authority in this day and age?? Whoever has the connections should play!!

Sarcasm: off [on]
CardinalAlum Wrote:Green 25 pts. 16 rebounds
Hmmm. Interesting. Seems SC was the victim of poor discipline.

Can't let someone rebound 16 times.
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville - 15 - 11 - 10 - 15 - 51
Sheldon Clark - 8 - 7 - 14 - 15 - 44

PHS - 11 (2) - 4 (3) - 17/28 (FT)
SCHS- 9 (2) - 6 (3) - 8/10 (FT)

PHS - Green (25) - Tiller (16) - Sublett (4) - M. Daniels (3) - Slone (2) - D. Caldwell (1)
15 Fouls (1T)

SCHS - Moore (16) - Johnson (9) - Kirk (9) - Ty Lafferty (6) - Smith (2) - Hayes (2)
20 Fouls
How many times has Green been the high point man? In relation to wins and losses.

It seems Paintsville is most successful when he is the high point man.
People of Martin Co. are loving that they have someone new in town to blame this ball program on, the people that has been involved with the ball program for many years need to take a look in the mirror and see that they are the reason that it has gotten so out of control, their are kids in the high school that are great ball players but because they would sit the bench while, whoever has a little pull in martin co. their kids would play whether they knew how or not, its sad, but it has been like this for a long time. So really what it basketball all about, playing because of what you know or who you know?