Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 77 Shelby Valley 55
Hobo McCoy led the Hawks with 35 points on 6-9 shooting from the three point line. SV had no answer for him.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Hobo McCoy led the Hawks with 35 points on 6-9 shooting from the three point line. SV had no answer for him.

Wow, that's impressive!
Very classy of Coach Carlisle by the way...Pike Central was up by 33 pts before he made the Hawks go back to the nest. Congratulations on your win & bringing these young men together as a team! Much improved team! Way to go.
Not a big surprise here. Anyone got any SV stats?
I figured the Hawks would win. But not by this much.

Congrats Hawks!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Good Lord Valley sucks this year. Makes me smile..
WOW! The Hawks surprised me with this win. Congratulations to Pike Central.
Hobo has been putting nothing, but big numbers up this year. He is a great player I want to wish him luck for the rest of his basketball career.
Great game by the Hawks!! Tough to see Valley go through these growing pains like this but much of the rest of the region is just so many steps ahead in development and experience. Glad to see Central getting so fantastic play from Hobo McCoy and I am rooting for them to make some noise in the district and region!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HawksRule Wrote:Hobo has been putting nothing, but big numbers up this year. He is a great player I want to wish him luck for the rest of his basketball career.

Is he the same one that used to play for Paintsville? I think it was Paintsville..
vundy33 Wrote:Is he the same one that used to play for Paintsville? I think it was Paintsville..
Nope.
Valley just has a really long season ahead of them, I hope they can turn it around and get some W's
vundy33 Wrote:Good Lord Valley sucks this year. Makes me smile..

horrible post! This years team didn't do anything to anybody! You know these kids read these after their games. Everyone knew Valley would have major problems this year mainly because the entire team basically watched the past few years. Give these kids a break and hope they come together as a team by tournament time.
Hobo McCoy is shooting the lights out this year. He was 7 of 9 from the 3pt. line against Middlesboro and had 31 points at half-time.....Ended up with 39 but only played a couple of minutes in the 3rd quarter and none in the 4th quarter. The Hawks are improving each game and if McCoy continues his hot streak, I look for them to upset some teams.
McCoy had a great game with 35 pts. and Freshman Dylan Meade wit 17 pts. McCoy and Meade combined 9 of 16 from the 3 pt. line. Thats tough to beat!
This team is getting better every game.
vundy33 Wrote:Is he the same one that used to play for Paintsville? I think it was Paintsville..

He played for Pikeville in Jr.High.
McCoy was on fire last night, and has been all season. His avg. right now is 31.1 according to khsaa website. If he keeps this up he will be your 15th region player of the year IMO. And the hawks will make some noise in the post-season.
allsports4 Wrote:horrible post! This years team didn't do anything to anybody! You know these kids read these after their games. Everyone knew Valley would have major problems this year mainly because the entire team basically watched the past few years. Give these kids a break and hope they come together as a team by tournament time.

Everyone did not know that. The valley parents for one. You all got on every post about the 15th region and said that Valley would dominate citing that they were getting the 6-9 kid from dorton and a nothpoint kid that combined with the fact they had been going against the state champs for 3 years no one would be close to them. You got the noone close to them part right. The roberts brothers even threatened people on here because the people predicted some 30+ loses by valley. So people would probably not be giving the team such a hard time had they not tempted so many to make them eat crow about their preseason cockyness. But you are right about one thing, they need to come together, it looked like 5 guys playing one on one the other night and all they wanted to do was shoot 3's and let central score so they could go shoot some more. IMO, they have alot more talent than central but not near the discipline or teamwork. So my guess is it will be a long couple of years for valley because the young talent they do have will likely get bad habbits from this years team and instead of working harder and getting better will learn how to blame people for thier shortcomings as a team. My advise is to forget about the talent and find kids that will work hard and play hard and build the teams identity, not like its going to cost them any wins, and not let the young talent get wasted.
sounds like stanthefan has a personal problem with this years Valley team, more specifically, the roberts brothers. I am sure people can tell the difference between a kid post not wanting to admit their team will struggle and a good constructive adult criticisim post. Kids will argue and post silly things, adults shouldn't hold a grudge and then come back months later and try to make the majority of a team look like jerks. how many adults do you know that actually thought valley wouldn't have a problem this year? Not all adults that post on here are parents. Some of us are fans, plain fans that would like to see this team play as a team and do the best they can for the community. IMO, the returning players need to realize they can't pass and shoot like last year because the "i got your back" team mates are gone.
Valley is having a hard time finding team chemistry right now, That right lineup. That team they played at Pike Central the other night could have and would have beaten alot of teams in the region by 20+ points. They where on fire making 3's contested from different players, not just Hobo. Valley really never got into the flow of the game and they found themselves down by a bunch in a hurry. Hobo has improved 2 times what he was this time last year. He told me he had gained several inches on his verticial leap over the summer and it shows. He elavates much better on his jumper and it makes him a dangerous shooter from anywhere around the arch. He was always a decent shooter, but with a lot of hard work over the summer, he's taken his game to a different level. He's one of the best shooter's I've seen this year. When he's hot he will burn you. Valley will be fine by tourney time, they do have a good group of kids that can play basketball. They also have a very good Coach, just give them a few games. Wait and see, they will be right in the mix by season's end. Good win for Pike Central
allsports4 Wrote:sounds like stanthefan has a personal problem with this years Valley team, more specifically, the roberts brothers. I am sure people can tell the difference between a kid post not wanting to admit their team will struggle and a good constructive adult criticisim post. Kids will argue and post silly things, adults shouldn't hold a grudge and then come back months later and try to make the majority of a team look like jerks. how many adults do you know that actually thought valley wouldn't have a problem this year? Not all adults that post on here are parents. Some of us are fans, plain fans that would like to see this team play as a team and do the best they can for the community. IMO, the returning players need to realize they can't pass and shoot like last year because the "i got your back" team mates are gone.

Trust me, its nothing personal. Just explaining to the person I quoted before why people were giving valley a hard time. When you leave your starters in the season before to run up scores on people, get on here and threaten to fight people in the preseason because someone predicted they would be beat as bad as they beat people last season, and then make excuses for the first 4-5 games of the season, its going to come back and bite you. And how can it be personal to state the facts. Seems to me like any criticism of Valley is personal and that may be this teams biggest problem, not being able to take any from anyone, coaches included. I understand you are a fan of Valley, I am a fan of Pikeville, last year we sucked, this year you do. But the difference is Im not gonna take it personal if you criticize my team so dont take it personal that I criticize yours, just telling you why people on here are going to give valley a hard time, and its a good lesson in humility if you ask me.
StanTheFan Wrote:Trust me, its nothing personal. Just explaining to the person I quoted before why people were giving valley a hard time. When you leave your starters in the season before to run up scores on people, get on here and threaten to fight people in the preseason because someone predicted they would be beat as bad as they beat people last season, and then make excuses for the first 4-5 games of the season, its going to come back and bite you. And how can it be personal to state the facts. Seems to me like any criticism of Valley is personal and that may be this teams biggest problem, not being able to take any from anyone, coaches included. I understand you are a fan of Valley, I am a fan of Pikeville, last year we sucked, this year you do. But the difference is Im not gonna take it personal if you criticize my team so dont take it personal that I criticize yours, just telling you why people on here are going to give valley a hard time, and its a good lesson in humility if you ask me.

I would like to know the post where a kid threaten to fight another over a ball game.
6-9 from the 3 is very impressive. Congrats Pike Central.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:I would like to know the post where a kid threaten to fight another over a ball game.

Cant find it. It was in a preseason forum. It started when a valley fan said Valley would blow through the District, (obiously forgot PHS was in the District, but understandable since we havent been in the regional for a few years). Some East Ridge fan said blow straight to the bottom of the list or something. Then roberts32 said that they wished they would come to a game and say that to his face after they beat east ridge by 30+. Sadley in preseason only our fans thought we were good enough to be listed in the contest but we didnt get on any forum and make outrageous claims. However, now that we are into our season I can say we will probably beat Valley and Ridge both by double digits and if our win against Johnson Central is a measuring stick looks like we are the team to beat in the Region. But yes, after the beatings we took for 3 years and having to go watch the regional tournament from the sidelines and all the preseason hype I was looking forward to us giving this years Valley team who thought they were going to use last years fear factor to run over everyone in the region a reality check but looks like everyone has already beat us to it.
Shelby Valley will be fine they just need to learn how to play consistently on offense and with more intensity on defense. I don't think PHS or ERS will beat them by double digits.
OVERRATED
anyone can have 30 plus points if they shoot the ball every posession
if he got hurt the hawks r over.
wheres his rebounds or assists????? recruitors look for much more than points....
:rockon:well,as for recruitors,HOBO has already signed (as a jr. i might add) with kelly wells...so,no need to discuss that! as for asists,ask any coach in the 15th region who see's the floor the best....and i can also see that you have not been to any of the games that PC has played (or you don't know basketball) he is the most UNSELFISH PLAYER ever and averages 6-7 assists a game. please know what u are talking about before posting!!!! thank you,anytime!!!! and btw...THEY HAVE GOOD REBOUNDERS!!!
fan_favorite Wrote::rockon:well,as for recruitors,HOBO has already signed (as a jr. i might add) with kelly wells...so,no need to discuss that! as for asists,ask any coach in the 15th region who see's the floor the best....and i can also see that you have not been to any of the games that PC has played (or you don't know basketball) he is the most UNSELFISH PLAYER ever and averages 6-7 assists a game. please know what u are talking about before posting!!!! thank you,anytime!!!! and btw...THEY HAVE GOOD REBOUNDERS!!!

I agree 100%

Keep your head up Hobo and don't read this garbage. Everyone who watches you knows you are very unselfish.
Fan Favorite -----I belive signing with a college as a Junior is violation of NCAA rules. Have you just reported Pikeville College evryone on this site?