Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP All-state and Mr. Football?
joejoe Wrote:The voting for Mr. Football and the AP All State teams opened today and will close at 6pm on 12/27/10

http://dailymail.com/ap/ApSports/201012240323
So are we looking at Tuesday for the results?
joejoe Wrote:The voting for Mr. Football and the AP All State teams opened today and will close at 6pm on 12/27/10

http://dailymail.com/ap/ApSports/201012240323
Anyone know when this will be published? Link?
I heard it will be released tomorrow.

Congrats to Lamar Dawson. 2010 Mr. Football
Hey Joe Joe think you can post a link ? Please
Coachdad Wrote:Hey Joe Joe think you can post a link ? Please
Class of Commonwealth released 12/19/10 on Sun., CJ All State Team released 12/26/10 on Sun. Coachdad, your guess when AP All State and Mr. Football is released is as good as mine.
joejoe Wrote:Class of Commonwealth released 12/19/10 on Sun., CJ All State Team released 12/26/10 on Sun. Coachdad, your guess when AP All State and Mr. Football is released is as good as mine.

Was told that Mr. Football will be annouced today 12/30/10 With Lamar Dwson winning Mr. Football.:1::1:
French For President Wrote:Was told that Mr. Football will be annouced today 12/30/10 With Lamar Dwson winning Mr. Football.:1::1:
I wonder what the holdup is ,it's almost 2011, I researched the release date for past teams , and its never been this late , but thanks for keeping me posted !
AP all state is out

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13760993
Congrats to Bell Co's Taylor Mills, John Dudley, and Ben Madon for 1st Team Defense.
Congrats to Cameron Tackett on 1st team OL, and Jeffree Pruitt for the honorable mention!
Looks like they picked mostly players from the better teams , CJ (TO ME)(the actual coaches) knew how to evaluate individual talent a little better. But congrats to all who made it.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Congrats to Cameron Tackett on 1st team OL, and Jeffree Pruitt for the honorable mention!

Took the words out of my mouth! :Thumbs:
Congrats to the John Hardin players who made the team. Seniors Matt Linton DL, Jeff Richard DL, Landon Savoy RB, Anthony Wright DB. Junior Patrick Crowe OL and Sophomore Wade Holtsclaw DB. Go Dawgs! :Clap:
Coachdad Wrote:Looks like they picked mostly players from the better teams , CJ (TO ME)(the actual coaches) knew how to evaluate individual talent a little better. But congrats to all who made it.

Better teams? Boyle was a pretty good team and only had one player on the team. Thats funny.
Congrats to Bell County Bobcats Brandon Couch and Caleb Carter on making the second team lineman and Josh Brown honorable mention. TongueirateSho
CATDAD2 Wrote:Congrats to Bell County Bobcats Brandon Couch and Caleb Carter on making the second team lineman and Josh Brown honorable mention. TongueirateSho

Josh Brown Honorable Mention thats a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! much better LB that one or two LB's that is on the first and second team. He should be first team LB. Just played with a kid that had the last right night.
Congrats to Codi Diamond at Knox Central for 2nd Team Defensive Line All State. Well done.
CATDAD2 Wrote:Congrats to Bell County Bobcats Brandon Couch and Caleb Carter on making the second team lineman and Josh Brown honorable mention. TongueirateSho
Allow me to echo the congrats on these excellent players.
French For President Wrote:Better teams? Boyle was a pretty good team and only had one player on the team. Thats funny.
(Every player) on there was from one of "better" teams in my opinion , I said nothing about how many players from a particular team made it , so I would like to at least know your point, I also said congrats to all that made it
How does Zack West-LCA OL/UK Commit not even get Hon. Mention. Also, Josh Harris from Mason County 1st Team CJ LB and does even get Hon.Mention. Zeke Pike-Dixie Heights QB? Darrian Miller-Bryan Station-OL? AP is a joke. They do not know anything about who can play.:flush:
STATE CHAMP Wrote:How does Zack West-LCA OL/UK Commit not even get Hon. Mention. Also, Josh Harris from Mason County 1st Team CJ LB and does even get Hon.Mention. Zeke Pike-Dixie Heights QB? Darrian Miller-Bryan Station-OL? AP is a joke. They do not know anything about who can play.:flush:

Let's face it, there are a ton of great players across the state of Kentucky that deserve recognition. Just because a player was 1st team on one poll doesn't mean he is a shoe in on another. It is good to see the deference in polls because it actually acknowledges more players that are certainly deserving. You hear why this player didn't make this team on one poll , yet he makes it on the other . Well good. That just means more players are getting the recognition they deserve.

Personnally, if any junior makes it in a poll, well jump for joy and count your blessings. That is one heck of an accomplishment whether your 1st team or honorable mention.
William Harris from Boyle was the biggest snub I've seen in a while. The guy sets state records for PAT's and can't even get honorable mention as a kicker? Absolute joke!
STATE CHAMP Wrote:How does Zack West-LCA OL/UK Commit not even get Hon. Mention. Also, Josh Harris from Mason County 1st Team CJ LB and does even get Hon.Mention. Zeke Pike-Dixie Heights QB? Darrian Miller-Bryan Station-OL? AP is a joke. They do not know anything about who can play.:flush:

I agree. AP missed and they showed how politics and the lack of really knowing football in KY played a big part in their votes . They made the AP look like a flat out joke this year. Give me West, Templin, And Miller on the OL and Pike at QB and Thomas and Elliott at RB. This team would crush the AP 1st team.
MSU Eagle Wrote:William Harris from Boyle was the biggest snub I've seen in a while. The guy sets state records for PAT's and can't even get honorable mention as a kicker? Absolute joke!

I truthfully think 4a district 6 got snubbed all away around. Other than Dawson no other player was picked.
Congratulations Belfry's Cameron Chase Tackett 1st Team Offensive Line and Jeffree Pruitt for Honorable Mention!!! (No politics there!)
Corey Lyle lead the state in reg season rushing and doesn't even get a mention???
How was Rob Lewis from Southwestern not mentioned? He was 1st-team all-state as a sophmore and now is not even mentioned? He is one of or not the biggest recruit of the 2012 Class!!!!
Kosar Wrote:Corey Lyle lead the state in reg season rushing and doesn't even get a mention???

That's what I was thinking. :flush:
joejoe Wrote:I truthfully think 4a district 6 got snubbed all away around. Other than Dawson no other player was picked.

Very True. I guess they would feel real guilty if they left Mr. Football out.
I didn't mean to take anything away from the kids who made the AP, in my earlier post. Congrats to all that made it and to Dawson on his great season and earning Mr. Football Honors. Good Luck in the future to all of the Football players in Ky.