Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courier-Journal All State Team
cameron thomas, running back from east jessamine should have definitely made all-state. he was honorable mention though .
Lex Cath all staters
Nate Letton 1st team
Will Whitman 2nd team
CONGRATS!
joejoe Wrote:Last year Miller was Hon. Mention, and Brown was 3rd team. This was from the CJ, I don't know what team they were on in the AP last season.
Good job Joe Joe you are right , but darrian miller was one of the 3 lineman in class of the commonwealth , along with zach west , but neither one of them made 1st team cj .
joejoe Wrote:It takes 5 votes to get Hon. Mention. And then you are placed on 1st,2nd,3rd by the amount votes you get. So some of the kids mentioned that didn't make the list does'nt mean they didn't recieve votes. I also think that the Best of The Bluegrass All-Star game may have given more coaches access to players they might have not seen during the season. I saw alot of HS coaches at that game. I agree that there are some names on here that I thought I would see, but you can't take away from what the one's who made it has accomplished.
Amen brotha
Coachdad Wrote:Good job Joe Joe you are right , but darrian miller was one of the 3 lineman in class of the commonwealth , along with zach west , but neither one of them made 1st team cj .

Zack West did make C-J first team.
Congrats to all especially the P'burg boys,
Joseph Jamerson third team WR
Bryson Williams honorable mention WR
Trevor Stovall honorable mention OL
Chris Cook second team DL
Alex Griffith honorable mention DL
Nathan Slone honorable mention DB
Go Blackcats !!!!
Jarons Wrote:Zack West did make C-J first team.
I know ....he is the only lineman from class of the commonwealth to make 1st team all state. That was my point, what was yours?
Jarons Wrote:Zack West did make C-J first team.
See post #63
Coachdad Wrote:I know ....he is the only lineman from class of the commonwealth to make 1st team all state. That was my point, what was yours?

The way you worded your post, it appeared that you said that West did not make the first team all state. I just thought you overlooked it that's all. Was not trying to prove any point.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Mayfield Cardinals

-Lineman, Hunter Kingston 1st Team

-QB, Luke Guhy, 2nd Team (There was no first team QB Selection this year making Guhy the highest selected qb)

-LB Jonathan Jackson, only a sophmore

-Several Honorable Mentions

DaMarcus Smith was first team all state QB
I'd like to also say congrats to Taylor Killian from Lawrence Co(who will play college ball somewhere) for being on the Hon Men list. He is everything you could ever ask for out of a high school athlete! One of the few kids you meet that you hope your son turns out like!
Prestonsburg gets six kids mentioned and AAA state champ Louisville Central gets just 1?

I am not a Central fan - mainly because they get to hand pick their players from all of Jefferson County and then play in 3A. But Central was more than one good player. This exemplifies the politicization of this voting process.
Tica Wrote:Prestonsburg gets six kids mentioned and AAA state champ Louisville Central gets just 1?

I am not a Central fan - mainly because they get to hand pick their players from all of Jefferson County and then play in 3A. But Central was more than one good player. This exemplifies the politicization of this voting process.

Unfortunately, it seems about everything is controlled by politics. And, yes, what you mentioned above most certainly speaks loud and clear.
Jarons Wrote:The way you worded your post, it appeared that you said that West did not make the first team all state. I just thought you overlooked it that's all. Was not trying to prove any point.
That's ok
Tica Wrote:Prestonsburg gets six kids mentioned and AAA state champ Louisville Central gets just 1?

I'm the "hugest" Central fan , and quite honestly we really didn't have any other players that were dominant enough to be named all state you could probably make cases for dozier , pate , or Cornelius , but too many 6A drubbings probably ended any thoughts of that.
Coachdad Wrote:I know ....he is the only lineman from class of the commonwealth to make 1st team all state. That was my point, what was yours?

I believe that Class of the Commonwealth is the opinion of one Newspaper and the CJ is the opinion of 165 coaches, AP is from media across the state. IMO that is all it is a matter of opinion not politics. Remember the coaches and the AP, seen a lot more of these kids play than Mike Fields of the Hearld Leader did. Also I don't think that the CJ or the HL vote in the AP all state.
If you think there is not politickin' check the listserv November archives and all of the coaches posting on there asking for certain players to be considered for the CJ All State. No sour grapes here. But friendships and regional coalitions and relationships do play a role in voting.
Tica Wrote:If you think there is not politickin' check the listserv November archives and all of the coaches posting on there asking for certain players to be considered for the CJ All State. No sour grapes here. But friendships and regional coalitions and relationships do play a role in voting.
Sad reminder of the reality of sports.
Hatz Wrote:Don't blame the CJ, blame the coaches. They are the one's that were asked to send in the names of players from teams they faced this year. If you feel your team is under-represented then blame the coaches you faces for not voting or not thinking more highly of your particular players. :HitWall:

Agree. I think all who made it are deserving but your coach has to work for it. There is ALOT of trading that goes on. Hey, I'll vote for this one for you if you vote for this one for me. The Mountain coaches help take care of mountain players which is why several make HM. CJ just post results.
Tica Wrote:If you think there is not politickin' check the listserv November archives and all of the coaches posting on there asking for certain players to be considered for the CJ All State. No sour grapes here. But friendships and regional coalitions and relationships do play a role in voting.

How do I check this list? And was Zack Templin on this list
Congrats to the Harlan County boys...Jordan Calton and Brian Owens, Honorable Mention for Defensive Line!!!
joejoe Wrote:How do I check this list? And was Zack Templin on this list
Joe Joe you just go to courier-journal. Com to check it , yes Zach Templin made 1st team o-line, says he has offers from camblesville , pikeville a couple of other small school , while
UK says he can walk on.