Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark - 64 Oldham Co. 55
Final from Republic Bank Classic. Good win for the Cardinals, six in a row. Moore had 21.
It seems that the Cardinals are off to a fast start. What is the major factor in the turnaround from last season. Is it strictly coaching?, or are there other circumstances?
It is the new coach and his system. Plus he does not put up with crap.
Nothing But The Kids Wrote:It is the new coach and his system. Plus he does not put up with crap.

They do have a good coach but theyve only played one good team n lost that one.I'm interested in how they'll do against jc
Congrats Sheldon Clark, Keep up the good work Spurlock.
red_bull Wrote:They do have a good coach but theyve only played one good team n lost that one.I'm interested in how they'll do against jc

Oldham Co. is one of the top ranked teams in the 8th region. So they would be considered a good team. Bottom line is this is the best win SC has had in 5 or 6 years. They lost to Pikeville in the first game of the season. This team has gotten better every single game.
12/26/2010
Sheldon Clark 64
Oldham Co. 55
Oldham Co. 6 18 13 18 55
Sheldon Clark 11 18 15 20 64
Republic Bank Classic at Lexington Catholic
Oldham Co. (6-3) -- DeNise 12, Wesley 11, Henderson 10, Smith 6, Payne 8, Flores 7, Mason 1.
Sheldon Clark (6-1) -- Smith 4, Johnson 9, Kirk 11, Moore 21, Lafferty 12, Hayes 7.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z19K12v8eW
Super-Card Wrote:Oldham Co. is one of the top ranked teams in the 8th region. So they would be considered a good team. Bottom line is this is the best win SC has had in 5 or 6 years. They lost to Pikeville in the first game of the season. This team has gotten better every single game.

Oldham county was picked to finish 7th n didn't have one player in the top ten and in that top ten players there was only one that was 5'11 the rest was shorter then that so I wouldn't say this is the best win in the last 5 to 6 years..
Super-Card Wrote:Oldham Co. is one of the top ranked teams in the 8th region. So they would be considered a good team. Bottom line is this is the best win SC has had in 5 or 6 years. They lost to Pikeville in the first game of the season. This team has gotten better every single game.

Oldham County has a decent team, but I don't think that they are one of the top teams in the region.

are you for real? Oldham county is the best win in the past 5 or 6 years?? that might be the worst statment i have heard on here in a long time.. 2005 they beat a shelby valley team in the all a that didnt lose another game in the 15th region. beating a Johnson Central team or any mid level team in the 15th region is about the same as beating oldham county.. i know they havent beat no scott county or somebody like that but your making oldham county sound like there awesome and there not..
It was a good win for theCards. Cats Pause had them ranked third in Region 8 and were 7 - 2 coming into the game. SC is alot better than in years past.
Unless Im lookin at the wrong. year on the cats pause they was ranked 7th
monster_energy Wrote:are you for real? Oldham county is the best win in the past 5 or 6 years?? that might be the worst statment i have heard on here in a long time.. 2005 they beat a shelby valley team in the all a that didnt lose another game in the 15th region. beating a Johnson Central team or any mid level team in the 15th region is about the same as beating oldham county.. i know they havent beat no scott county or somebody like that but your making oldham county sound like there awesome and there not..

Spoken like a person who has never played a second of organized basketball in high school. A mid-level 8th region team is far ahead and mid-level 15th region team. So yes this is a bigger and better win than beating a Johnson Central team any of the past 5-6 years. The Shelby Valley win would be close, but not in the same atmosphere. (Big time holiday tournament at Lexington Catholic with most of the state taking notice vs the 1st round of All A at Pikeville with little to no press coverage) Oldham Co. is one of the better teams in the 8th region regardless of what the "pre-season" Cats Pause said. Look at their record (8 - 3; with a win over 6th region Lou. Central who is very good in their own right). So I stand by my statment that this was a great win for SC and that you still know little to nothing about sports in general.
monster_energy Wrote:are you for real? Oldham county is the best win in the past 5 or 6 years?? that might be the worst statment i have heard on here in a long time.. 2005 they beat a shelby valley team in the all a that didnt lose another game in the 15th region. beating a Johnson Central team or any mid level team in the 15th region is about the same as beating oldham county.. i know they havent beat no scott county or somebody like that but your making oldham county sound like there awesome and there not..

i talk to coach after their home win against south point and he said that this tourny will probably be the best competition sc will play all year. Oldham co. is super athletic and i doubt sc had anyone that could guard them 1 on 1 so this is a very impressive win .. i think monster energy is just jealous that the sports teams he was on at sc wasnt as good as the past few years because he has always downgraded every male sport sc plays on here sc has a very good team this year and i think they can make some noise at the big dance if they can win the region!
Congrats SC
red_bull Wrote:Unless Im lookin at the wrong. year on the cats pause they was ranked 7th

You are looking at it wrong then. They were ranked 3rd in the Cats Pause.
Super-Card Wrote:Spoken like a person who has never played a second of organized basketball in high school. A mid-level 8th region team is far ahead and mid-level 15th region team. So yes this is a bigger and better win than beating a Johnson Central team any of the past 5-6 years. The Shelby Valley win would be close, but not in the same atmosphere. (Big time holiday tournament at Lexington Catholic with most of the state taking notice vs the 1st round of All A at Pikeville with little to no press coverage) Oldham Co. is one of the better teams in the 8th region regardless of what the "pre-season" Cats Pause said. Look at their record (8 - 3; with a win over 6th region Lou. Central who is very good in their own right). So I stand by my statment that this was a great win for SC and that you still know little to nothing about sports in general.

yeah they only reason you played a second of organized anything is because of who your dad is.. yes i admit it was a good win but not as good as your putting it off to be..
IntheZone Wrote:i talk to coach after their home win against south point and he said that this tourny will probably be the best competition sc will play all year. Oldham co. is super athletic and i doubt sc had anyone that could guard them 1 on 1 so this is a very impressive win .. i think monster energy is just jealous that the sports teams he was on at sc wasnt as good as the past few years because he has always downgraded every male sport sc plays on here sc has a very good team this year and i think they can make some noise at the big dance if they can win the region!

:Clap::Clap::Clap: lol
Congrats SC
IntheZone Wrote:i talk to coach after their home win against south point and he said that this tourny will probably be the best competition sc will play all year. Oldham co. is super athletic and i doubt sc had anyone that could guard them 1 on 1 so this is a very impressive win .. i think monster energy is just jealous that the sports teams he was on at sc wasnt as good as the past few years because he has always downgraded every male sport sc plays on here sc has a very good team this year and i think they can make some noise at the big dance if they can win the region!

First of all they might have a chance to win the region but to say they can make noise at the big dance is crazy... n actually even tho id like to c them win the region i dont c them beating a jc or BL or pikeville but will admit they should dominate about 98 percent of the rest of them because this is mayb the weekest this region has been in 20 years......
we shall see my friend they can rebound and play pretty good defense and by seasons end i say spurlock will have them playing very good d