Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat 96 - Lakers 80
Headline says: BEST TEAM THAT MONEY CAN BUY DOES NOT EQUAL WINS! Even teams that have payrolls that is less than by $26M can win if they play like a TEAM!

This is my shot at Laker Fan, for all the dissing to poor little ballers and his love of the Heat!:biggrin: And a little of mine too!:1:

The Lakers used emotion to get an early lead, but the Heat used PURE TALENT to dominate the entire game. Heat are a team, Lakers are an over paid group of players on the downhill of their careers. This game proved to the whole world the the Lakers run is over! You can lose, but when you lose two games in one week on your home court by the margins they did, their heart is GONE!

I can't wait to hear all of the excuses and ballers and I are going to count the number of times that we hear "It's only one game", or The "Lakers are still the champions". The Lakers players said that this was NOT an important game, and they sure came out and played like it!

Well, it was one game, and in that one game, the Heat proved they are BETTER!

The Lakers stopped being the NBA Champions the day after they won the NBA title. New season, new day. Alabama is not the NCAA football champion at the beginning of the football season, and do not carry that distinction into this years title game. Thus, the Lakers stopped being champions when the new season started.

You would think that the "BEST TEAM MONEY COULD BUY" would have won this game, but that didn't happen. The Lakers and their $91M payroll got beat by the team with a measly $65M payroll!

The great Laker offense was held to their lowest scoring quarter of the YEAR! I loved hearing that the differences between the Celtics two point win over the Knicks was because Amare went off, but that Amare was cold as Ice against the Heat. No one would buy that the Heats defense is the reason why Amare did not go off. The same was true tonight as the Heat kept the Lakers to 14 points in the first quarter, all by outstanding defense! Then 38 total at halftime?

What about "Showtime"? The Laker fans helped create Showtime in the 80's with being one of the loudest arenas in the NBA, which just seemed to spark the Lakers run and gun offense. Instead, the Laker fans were quiet as a mouse as they watched the Heat run, run, run in the 2nd quarter.

Will there be comments about reffing? I hope so, because the phantom calls on Bosh and Wade deserve to be commented on.

Bosh was hands down the best interior player on the floor. He did it from everywhere, but his rebounding was the biggest key of the game. He took control over the Laker Bigs as he snatched ball after ball.

What about what Bynum was going to do? Bynum was a washed up player before he ever got the wash rag wet! Time to give up on this experiment and send Andrew packing to Pikeville's East Kentucky Energy!

The Miami Heat, came into LA and put on a clinic, completely dominating the Lakers on their home court. The Lakers either had zero heart on their own court, or they really are not in a class with the Heat!

As for the Lakers, they have a nice little team for having the largest payroll in NBA history.
Haha good stuff Dusty.

How bout that Christmas present Aslan? :biggrin:
Nice post stardust you forgot to mention.... This is just regular season it don't count remember lol. Aslan our bet please? Lebron showed why he is the real deal here. Bosh is so soft that he had a 20 point game. Heat also showed that they were the better team defensively IMO. Bryant couldn't breathe the whole night. Artest was furious cause he simply cannot guard Lebron. With all that said the heat are truly a Dwight Howard or a young shaq away from being the best team ever. I apologiE for typos I'm on an iPhone.
Gah I love it I love it I love it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Aslan. Haha.
Ballers Wrote:Nice post stardust you forgot to mention.... This is just regular season it don't count remember lol. Aslan our bet please? Lebron showed why he is the real deal here. Bosh is so soft that he had a 20 point game. Heat also showed that they were the better team defensively IMO. Bryant couldn't breathe the whole night. Artest was furious cause he simply cannot guard Lebron. With all that said the heat are truly a Dwight Howard or a young shaq away from being the best team ever. I apologiE for typos I'm on an iPhone.

Bosh was softer than you posted, he was so soft, he only had 24 points!
We may not hear from Aslon of BCA for a month :biggrin:
If anything we'll hear "Kobe wins championships."

Too bad it doesn't matter right now!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If anything we'll hear "Kobe wins championships."

Too bad it doesn't matter right now!

I would say "Kobe WON championships". So what, Derek Fisher has the exact same amount of championships as Kobe. Let those people go write a history book, Michael Jordan won 6 championships. No body cares now!:biggrin:
Lebron proves again that he is the best player in the league..(If not ever) :Thumbs:
Wildcats11 Wrote:Lebron proves again that he is the best player in the league..(If not ever) :Thumbs:

Truer words have NEVER been spoken :notworthy
1 2 3 4 T
MIA 20 27 28 21 96
LAL 14 24 26 16 80

Heat win every quarter
King James with 27 points, 10 Rebounds and 10 Assists

Kobe - still selling popcorn
Didn't the Lakers get hammered by the Cavs last Christmas also?

Funny how so many of you can make so many bold statements this early in the season. You would think the playoffs started next week. lol

I'll admit though, the Lakers looked old compared to the Heat today, but they'll be fine. They have too much talent on this team not to be able to defend their back-to-back NBA championships.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Didn't the Lakers get hammered by the Cavs last Christmas also?

Funny how so many of you can make so many bold statements this early in the season. You would think the playoffs started next week. lol

I'll admit though, the Lakers looked old compared to the Heat today, but they'll be fine. They have too much talent on this team not to be able to defend their back-to-back NBA championships.

Yeah, I do recall Lebron spanking the Lakers last Christmas as well :biggrin: I guess the Lakers should should hope they don't see the Lebron and that somehow someone else beats them to keep them from the Finals. Chalk this up Lebron over Kobe 9-5. Not good odds if it is a seven game series.
Wildcats11 Wrote:Lebron proves again that he is the best player in the league..(If not ever) :Thumbs:

Ever? Thats funny.

Stardust Wrote:Yeah, I do recall Lebron spanking the Lakers last Christmas as well :biggrin: I guess the Lakers should should hope they don't see the Lebron and that somehow someone else beats them to keep them from the Finals. Chalk this up Lebron over Kobe 9-5. Not good odds if it is a seven game series.

YOur right the lakers wont see the heat. Celtics will done have them booted from the east!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ever? Thats funny.

YOur right the lakers wont see the heat. Celtics will done have them booted from the east!

Yeah, unless the Mighty Pacers get them first:yikes:
Stardust Wrote:Yeah, unless the Mighty Pacers get them first:yikes:

they done demolished them once :flame:

And the way u guys are going on in this thread 1 game is all that matters
Stardust Wrote:Yeah, I do recall Lebron spanking the Lakers last Christmas as well :biggrin: I guess the Lakers should should hope they don't see the Lebron and that somehow someone else beats them to keep them from the Finals. Chalk this up Lebron over Kobe 9-5. Not good odds if it is a seven game series.

Well Lebron has never seen Kobe or the Lakers come playoff time and even if he and the Heat do, they'll see a completely different team.

Pau Gasol, Kobe, Bynum, Lamar, Brown, Fisher, etc. aren't always going to shoot as bad as they did today and Lebron isn't always going to go almost perfect from the 3-point line.

You bangwagon fans can bath in your glory until the two play again, until then, I'll man up and eat my crow.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:they done demolished them once :flame:

And the way u guys are going on in this thread 1 game is all that matters

That's the way bandwagon fans roll!

:rockon:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's the way bandwagon fans roll!

:rockon:

I hate the lakers just as much as i hate the heat,

But its strange when you see all these bandwagon fans call a certain team that a certain someone is on every year, national champs.

We have heard it for 4 years now that LEBRON JAMES will get his title this year. Id like to see him never get one.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well Lebron has never seen Kobe or the Lakers come playoff time and even if he and the Heat do, they'll see a completely different team.

Pau Gasol, Kobe, Bynum, Lamar, Brown, Fisher, etc. aren't always going to shoot as bad as they did today and Lebron isn't always going to go almost perfect from the 3-point line.

You bangwagon fans can bath in your glory until the two play again, until then, I'll man up and eat my crow.

hehehe :biggrin:

As for the above mentioned players, they already proved they could not compete with this team. The Heat D has already proven they can shut the Laker down! You are right, the Heat may not have seen the Lakers best. But, the Heat are far from being at their best either. The Lakers had all of their parts, on their own floor, and was owned by the Heat. The Heat still are missing parts that will make them even better than their 16 point victory today.:Thumbs:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I hate the lakers just as much as i hate the heat,

But its strange when you see all these bandwagon fans call a certain team that a certain someone is on every year, national champs.

We have heard it for 4 years now that LEBRON JAMES will get his title this year. Id like to see him never get one.

Haha, What is a bandwagon fan? That is too funny. This is not 30 years ago, where you rooted for teams, teams that dump players every single year and never give you a chance to get to know the players on that team.

I was a fan of Michael Jordan, which made me a Bulls fan and a Wizards fan! It's the 21st century, where owners of teams could care less about fans. Fans buy jerseys of players, not of teams. The Owners will dump that player in a heartbeat when the player wants too much, or is not willing to surround a player with talent. The NBA sells Players, not teams! What was has been on the Marque since the 80's, was it "Lakers versus Celtics", or was it "Magic versus Bird". It's been that way ever since. So, Bandwagon fan is a laughable term in the 21st Century, and only an argument that can be made when there is no other argument that can be made. :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Haha, What is a bandwagon fan? That is too funny. This is not 30 years ago, where you rooted for teams, teams that dump players every single year and never give you a chance to get to know the players on that team.

I was a fan of Michael Jordan, which made me a Bulls fan and a Wizards fan! It's the 21st century, where owners of teams could care less about fans. Fans buy jerseys of players, not of teams. The Owners will dump that player in a heartbeat when the player wants too much, or is not willing to surround a player with talent. The NBA sells Players, not teams! What was has been on the Marque since the 80's, was it "Lakers versus Celtics", or was it "Magic versus Bird". It's been that way ever since. So, Bandwagon fan is a laughable term in the 21st Century, and only an argument that can be made when there is no other argument that can be made. :biggrin:

Beyond the point of the bandwagon issue. You and many others have declared lebron a champion for many years now.
I don't hate Lebron James or anyone else on the Miami roster, I just hate the way people bloat about players like Lebron. I don't say anything that Kobe or the Lakers haven't done. Lebron fans put him on such a high pedestal that it isn't even funny. It's only made worse by the media, but it's just crazy how Lebron's fans view him.

I still only view Lebron as nothing more than a human highlight reel. He's never shown that killer instinct that Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, and other greats have in the past.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't hate Lebron James or anyone else on the Miami roster, I just hate the way people bloat about players like Lebron. I don't say anything that Kobe or the Lakers haven't done. Lebron fans put him on such a high pedestal that it isn't even funny. It's only made worse by the media, but it's just crazy how Lebron's fans view him.

I still only view Lebron as nothing more than a human highlight reel. He's never shown that killer instinct that Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, and other greats have in the past.

:Thumbs:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Beyond the point of the bandwagon issue. You and many others have declared lebron a champion for many years now.

Lol, yes I have, just to get under the skin of those who can't seem to take it! Sounds like I have succeeded. I'll continue to boast that Lebron's team is better than anyone else's team, because that is what FANS do! It's all about competition, and rooting against the other guy! If my team would have lost, then I'd have still gloated that Lebron will get them in the end. And if Lebron does not win it this year, I'll swear that he will win it all next year. And if he does not win it all next year........................
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't hate Lebron James or anyone else on the Miami roster, I just hate the way people bloat about players like Lebron. I don't say anything that Kobe or the Lakers haven't done. Lebron fans put him on such a high pedestal that it isn't even funny. It's only made worse by the media, but it's just crazy how Lebron's fans view him.

Until today, and today is all that matters, because it proved he had the killer instinct over Kobe today. Which translates into him being able to have the killer instinct over him in June!
Stardust Wrote:Haha, What is a bandwagon fan? That is too funny. This is not 30 years ago, where you rooted for teams, teams that dump players every single year and never give you a chance to get to know the players on that team.

LOL... Owners don't ship off franchise players for asking for too much money, etc. I didn't see them wanting to ship off Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, Durant, Paul, Nowitzki, etc. If those players want out, then they'll get out, they won't be forced out. Defend yourself all you would like, but facts are, you're a bandwagon fan my friend.
Stardust Wrote:Until today, and today is all that matters, because it proved he had the killer instinct over Kobe today. Which translates into him being able to have the killer instinct over him in June!

:yawn:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:LOL... Owners don't ship off franchise players for asking for too much money, etc. I didn't see them wanting to ship off Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, Durant, Paul, Nowitzki, etc. If those players want out, then they'll get out, they won't be forced out. Defend yourself all you would like, but facts are, you're a bandwagon fan my friend.

As I already said, I am a Bandwagon fan, and PROUD of it! I've joined the 21st century, where most everyone is!