Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Tiger Football In Review?
In recent weeks,months and years Paintsville Tiger players have been isolated by many as being the problem for Paintsville's lack of success on the Grid. The number and quality of player presentation has been cited as the reason. I respectfully submit to you that 8 Tigers have been picked for the all District team in 2010. According to the December 1st Paintsville Herald 4 were first Team and 4 hon. mention. Sounds like a player problem to me???
Just shows how weak district 8 really is!
doubledown Wrote:Just shows how weak district 8 really is!

Agreed.
Congrats to those boys!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Sad deal, Jason has blamed the kids from day one.....when your post proves the problem when everyone in town knows it
They try to sweep it under the rug when his peers all agree that he's the problem. Ive talked to people he graduated with and they all have told me he doesnt have the common sense to be successful. His record proves that
I also agree that the district is VERY weak
After watching the Mayfield-Hazard game on WYMT the Tiger program has a long way
to go to compete with the upper echelon of Class A KY football.
doubledown Wrote:After watching the Mayfield-Hazard game on WYMT the Tiger program has a long way
to go to compete with the upper echelon of Class A KY football.

Before the Tiger faithful ran off David Lemaster (worst mistake made in the program IMO) they used to beat Hazard, well actually dominated Hazard from 2000-2002 beating the Bulldogs 5 consecutive times and 6 out of 7 (lost in 2003). BMR tried out his hand in coaching Paintsville during the 2005 season and drilled Hazard too. What's gone on over in the 'Ville is almost unthinkable. A team that used to be known for fielding good teams has now taken on the role of being the homecoming game for a lot of schools. Pitiful.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Before the Tiger faithful ran off David Lemaster (worst mistake made in the program IMO) they used to beat Hazard, well actually dominated Hazard from 2000-2002 beating the Bulldogs 5 consecutive times and 6 out of 7 (lost in 2003). BMR tried out his hand in coaching Paintsville during the 2005 season and drilled Hazard too. What's gone on over in the 'Ville is almost unthinkable. A team that used to be known for fielding good teams has now taken on the role of being the homecoming game for a lot of schools. Pitiful.

I agree with you but if you are a good football player where are you going to go? Johnson Central of course with those facilities and that program rolling, plus Paintsville started soccer which kills class A football programs.
russellpride Wrote:I agree with you but if you are a good football player where are you going to go? Johnson Central of course with those facilities and that program rolling, plus Paintsville started soccer which kills class A football programs.

Agreed. JC was a top 10 program in the state which suffered 3 losses to teams that were ranked in the final top 5 in the state. Their facilities are excellent and were a few plays away from being the potential state champions in 5A this season. Soccer is a killer for any class A school as you stated, but another problem is students specializing in just one sport. Many moons ago it wasn't uncommon to go to a Paintsville football, basketball and baseball game and you hear the same last names coming from the speakers. That's because they were getting the best players to play ALL three of the big sports....until they can recruit their hallways and get those players out again they will not be successful.
T.Burchett,J.Compton,C.Conley,E.Daniel,T.Davis,J.Fairchild,T.Good,S.Jarrell, B.Murray,A.Preston,A.Spence,T.Spriggs,D.SmithT.Sublett,J.Tadem,J.Moore , M.Thompson,and D.Terry. These were 18 8th graders who went to Harlan in 07 beating the Green Dragons in the Black Diamond Bowl 38-0. That same group in 2006 helped beat P-burg 28-0 in the Jenny Wiley Bowl. Just wondered what has happened to this group who would have been Seniors in 2011. I only recoganize 2 of these as current players.
Growing up, we played Paintsville in the Little Apple Bowl every season and they always had some really big kids that could play about any sport and be great at it. Paintsville would always beat us by a few TD's in the A/B/C teams games. Once high school rolled around, we usually beat Paintsville handily.

What happened over the course of a few years, I don't know.

Just some food for thought.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:T.Burchett,J.Compton,C.Conley,E.Daniel,T.Davis,J.Fairchild,T.Good,S.Jarrell, B.Murray,A.Preston,A.Spence,T.Spriggs,D.SmithT.Sublett,J.Tadem,J.Moore , M.Thompson,and D.Terry. These were 18 8th graders who went to Harlan in 07 beating the Green Dragons in the Black Diamond Bowl 38-0. That same group in 2006 helped beat P-burg 28-0 in the Jenny Wiley Bowl. Just wondered what has happened to this group who would have been Seniors in 2011. I only recoganize 2 of these as current players.

Don't forget Big Andrew Preston!

Was a good group of boys no doubt!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Regardless who coaches them, they will struggle until they get the community behind them. Im not from Johnson County but you can tell a lot by people that get on here they are some hard feelings and jealousy.
Its a down time for Paintsville. Just like the mid 90's were. It happens in small schools.
tebow Wrote:Regardless who coaches them, they will struggle until they get the community behind them. Im not from Johnson County but you can tell a lot by people that get on here they are some hard feelings and jealousy.

No jealousy here. Mine just don't want to play. I just hate seeing the interest in football fade at Paintsville. It's hard on a lot of people when they have grown up watching the Tigers most of their life. BUT, no matter what. I will be there on Friday nights supporting the ones that are playing. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Good Luck to those that want the best of this program.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Its a down time for Paintsville. Just like the mid 90's were. It happens in small schools.
The only thing that I don't understand is that the only games we seem to win anymore are the games against the teams in the bottom of the district. Has this become acceptable at PHS? No offense to any of those teams, but Paintsville used to dominate teams such as South Floyd, Betsy Layne, and would compete with the Hazards and the Lynn Camps. Now it seems as though the only games we can win are against the bottom of the barrel teams in one of the weakest districts in the state.
How does soccer hurt any football program? Most schools will let their kids play football and soccer at the same time. They choose not to play football due to the coaching staff (and maybe some parents won't let them do both). How many kids quit football at PHS in the 2009 season and didn't go back in 2010? As far as soccer goes, if I am not mistaken, they had a great season.
Joker Wrote:How does soccer hurt any football program? Most schools will let their kids play football and soccer at the same time. They choose not to play football due to the coaching staff (and maybe some parents won't let them do both). How many kids quit football at PHS in the 2009 season and didn't go back in 2010? As far as soccer goes, if I am not mistaken, they had a great season.

2009 football
7 freshman
7 so
10 Jr

2010 football
4 so.
3 jr
10 sr
My sons freshman year at P'burg there where 13 freshman, but by the time he was a senior there where only 4 of the original 13 that where still playing. My point is its not all about the coaching. (not defending the coach either) Things change in high school. This isnt grade school practices anymore some just come to realize there not cut out for it or dont want to put in the hard work to reap the rewards. Some may play more than one sport & want to concentrate only on one sport after so many years of multiple sports. Many other reasons. To many to list. In short just saying not all kids quit because of the coach.