Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the difference in Hazard recently compared to the Hazard pre-2006?
Another thing that help Hazard out. They got a good starter program, 90% of the kids that play in grade school and mid-school, go on to play in high school.

If you look at all the good football schools in the state. All of them have a good starter programs. There is some that can go out of state to get there players. Like LCA, St. X, NCC, ect.
You might think I'm crazy but I think the turf field has helped as much as anything. They are able to take advantage of their speed on a fast track, no matter what the weather is.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You might think I'm crazy but I think the turf field has helped as much as anything. They are able to take advantage of their speed on a fast track, no matter what the weather is.

The change from grass to turf at Daniel Field has been a huge plus. When Hazard had grass the field was a mess, come playoff time. Often times being muddy and torn up due to usage from throughout the year by the football teams from flag on up to the high school. More than once the speed and athleticism of the Hazard players was negated by the field conditions. Losing to teams that ran the ball and were better suited for the conditions, teams like Pikeville and Lynn Camp upset Hazard more than once on Hazards home field in the playoffs. Hazard has advanced to the state finals from the turf twice, and won the last 4 regional’s on turf fields.
nannook Wrote:The change from grass to turf at Daniel Field has been a huge plus. When Hazard had grass the field was a mess, come playoff time. Often times being muddy and torn up due to usage from throughout the year by the football teams from flag on up to the high school. More than once the speed and athleticism of the Hazard players was negated by the field conditions. Losing to teams that ran the ball and were better suited for the conditions, teams like Pikeville and Lynn Camp upset Hazard more than once on Hazards home field in the playoffs. Hazard has advanced to the state finals from the turf twice, and won the last 4 regional’s on turf fields.

Well im sure this could lead to a advantage against us fri cause we play no one on turf all year, well that is untill Beechwood.
cj2561 Wrote:Another thing that help Hazard out. They got a good starter program, 90% of the kids that play in grade school and mid-school, go on to play in high school.

If you look at all the good football schools in the state. All of them have a good starter programs. There is some that can go out of state to get there players. Like LCA, St. X, NCC, ect.

I agree with this also. The kids play together starting in the early grades. Unlike the county where the kids play against each other until they reach high school. Then most lose interest or dont want to compete for positions. At Hazard everyone plays together almost their entire lives. When it comes time to go on to high school nothing is new to them. They just continue running the same program they are used to.
Something else that has helped Hazard and all teams that go deep in the playoffs is the extra practice and games. For example Hazard's Seniors have probably had over a hundred more practices than a team that has lost early in the playoffs.
ekff Wrote:Just wanted everyone to see that Hazard has owned Pikeville as of late.

while Hazard has dominated Pikeville since 2007 basically, people seem to forget before 2005,Hazard only beat Pikeville once if I'm thinking correctly, and it was usually a 40+ or 50+ point victory for Pikeville, & this went on for what 30 or 40 years? I'm not sure when these programs started playing consistently though so 30 or 40 may be an exaggeration. but anyways Pikeville is down. this isn't a normal Pikeville team compared to past, Hazard is way up, these aren't normal Hazard teams compared to the past. it's like people think hazard have always been this good & are just sweeping their past under the rug & forgetting it. Pikeville will be back sooner or later, it's just a matter of time there's no question about that, but question is will Hazard still be this good yearly when Pikeville gets back? I hope so. would make for good games
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Hazard could of won the 5A district that Perry Central played in this year. They would even given Highlands a decent game.

harlan county hsa 2 open dates just call coach larkey.. :please: highlands would destroy hazard period.
The biggest difference is that every player is different.
the watcher Wrote:while Hazard has dominated Pikeville since 2007 basically, people seem to forget before 2005,Hazard only beat Pikeville once if I'm thinking correctly, and it was usually a 40+ or 50+ point victory for Pikeville, & this went on for what 30 or 40 years? I'm not sure when these programs started playing consistently though so 30 or 40 may be an exaggeration. but anyways Pikeville is down. this isn't a normal Pikeville team compared to past, Hazard is way up, these aren't normal Hazard teams compared to the past. it's like people think hazard have always been this good & are just sweeping their past under the rug & forgetting it. Pikeville will be back sooner or later, it's just a matter of time there's no question about that, but question is will Hazard still be this good yearly when Pikeville gets back? I hope so. would make for good games

Agree Watcher, very well said.:Thumbs:
Boo Boo bear Wrote:harlan county hsa 2 open dates just call coach larkey.. :please: highlands would destroy hazard period.
Tell your coach to shedule 2 good 5a schools in those spots and see how your record ends up.1a schools only have to compete against 1a schools.play schools in your class if you're as good as you think you are.Hazard don't have to play Harlan to prove anything.
jackbenimble Wrote:Tell your coach to shedule 2 good 5a schools in those spots and see how your record ends up.1a schools only have to compete against 1a schools.play schools in your class if you're as good as you think you are.Hazard don't have to play Harlan to prove anything.

Did you even read this thread ? :please:
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Hazard could of won the 5A district that Perry Central played in this year. They would even given Highlands a decent game.
You can't be serious?
Boo Boo bear Wrote:harlan county hsa 2 open dates just call coach larkey.. :please: highlands would destroy hazard period.

hazard wouldn't be scared to play harlan county for the record, and i would love to see a game between the two, i dont even know where u got highlands from on this thread
mikehancho25 Wrote:hazard wouldn't be scared to play harlan county for the record, and i would love to see a game between the two, i dont even know where u got highlands from on this thread
You might want to go back and read the thread again. Johnny Ringo made a comment that Hazard would give Highlands a decent game right after he said Hazard could have won the 5A district that PCC is in. He was just responding to what was said.
mikehancho25 Wrote:hazard wouldn't be scared to play harlan county for the record, and i would love to see a game between the two, i dont even know where u got highlands from on this thread

Do your homework big cat. I do believe ole Johnny Ringo stated that Hazard would give Highlands a decent game.
Excluding 4A and 6A Mayfield probably had the next best team in the finals,and may have been better than 4A.
jackbenimble Wrote:Excluding 4A and 6A Mayfield probably had the next best team in the finals,and may have been better than 4A.

Central looked better in my opinion than mayfield. The was much faster from what i saw on tv when they played belfry.
jackbenimble Wrote:Excluding 4A and 6A Mayfield probably had the next best team in the finals,and may have been better than 4A.

I guess you are forgetting 5a, Highlands?