Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 42 Greenup County 28
Final.
[b]this is nothing short of a discrase....[b][/b][/b]
Wow, what a score.
LCDawg Wrote:Wow, what a score.

Russell 1-0 in district play.
That was an travesty. How do you have the potential that GC has and set back and let a lesser talented team dictate how things will be played? With the lenth and athleticism of GC why in the world are we playing a box and chaser? And was it just me or does GC run zero offensive plays?? God this makes me want to puke!!
I saw Dunaway and Wright at the game. Least they got the nads to show up. The third amigo should have some nuts and show his face at the game. Nut up for a change Brad and face the music. You 3 made the hire you 3 should come and take your medicine like men.
I left at halftime due to my back but I did feel bad for the GC kids. They have no guidance and the only chance Russell had was for GC to play zone.:lmao: Like I said earlier, they would be better with no coach. Welcome to the Big Top!TongueirateSho

Congrats to the Devils and Coach Kidwell. Greenup's strategy worked perfectly for you. This was a big win after the loss to Boyd. Good luck guys.:flame:
jakelegg Wrote:I saw Dunaway and Wright at the game. Least they got the nads to show up. The third amigo should have some nuts and show his face at the game. Nut up for a change Brad and face the music. You 3 made the hire you 3 should come and take your medicine like men.

They should sit on the end of the bench, each game.:ChairHit:
Sounds like a good football game...lol! Sorry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
FBALL, is your son in HS yet?
Call it what you like but Russell played man in the half court most of the night and pressed in the full court and Greenup couldnt get much accomplished with it. Not sure who all guarded Williams but they limited him pretty well. I was more impressed with the defensive effort than anything.
I think Nickel and Hughes did a great job of guarding GC. First game Ive ever watched at that level with not one offensive set ran. Might as well have been open gym.
tank top Wrote:I think Nickel and Hughes did a great job of guarding GC. First game Ive ever watched at that level with not one offensive set ran. Might as well have been open gym.

GC would have been better off playing like open gym. They had 0 points the 2nd quarter and did not run an offense the whole game. :HitWall:
Last game against ST. Pat was bad should have beat them by 30. This game had to be the worse high school basketball game I have ever seen. No offense by one of the tallest teams in the state, seemed like no plays called they ran around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get open!!!!
Great Job Devils! Greenup really had no answer for Russell. The Cunningham and Lithican kid had no impact and should have brought in some shooters off the bench.
jakelegg Wrote:I saw Dunaway and Wright at the game. Least they got the nads to show up. The third amigo should have some nuts and show his face at the game. Nut up for a change Brad and face the music. You 3 made the hire you 3 should come and take your medicine like men.
Maybe Dunaway was there to support his future nephew's team. :Cheerlead
Congrats to Russell
Trouble Wrote:Russell 1-0 in district play.
Should be an exciting year.
The musketeers were flat out embarrassing last night. No offense ran, not even 1. Williams is a great player but forces about every shot he takes. stevenson needs to be a forward and not a guard. stringfellow is a good rebounder. cunningham was useful in the beginning but throughout the game wasnt needed. lithicum is the most athletic but seemed to struggle with ball handling and no shots taken. hampton doesnt get near the shots hes got previous years and he runs point also. why? if they run an offense maybe they'll score more than 28 lol. if i were GC, i would pray every night that jackson is eligible IMO.
It is interesting that one of their starters was suppose to not play due to their grades how does that happen I don't think they can be brought up in one day what do you all think. I also heard that the only way they got the coaching job was because he was relation to Dunaway. Sometimes you shouldn't hire family it is not always for the best. It is interesting that they were predicted to go to state this year with their talent, height, and deep bench. Since this coach has showed up he has ran off 8 of their good players due to what was showed last night at our game. This team would be 15 players deep with close to the same skills prior to him showing up. Hey Coach the teams in the region thank you. Not saying I mind but what kind of coach would not play there best guard the whole game (Tanner Willis) has anyone of them ever coached before. Also Bond was on the bench and Murphy one of their good defenders that never got in the game.

Go Russell all the way to state
Thanks GC Coach
Congrats Devils!!!, It is interesting that one of the starters I was told wasn't allowed to play this week due to grades. I don't know about you all but when I was in school grades don't come up in a day not like it made a difference lol you would think Dunaway would be red in the face for hiring those coaches especially with all the experienced coaches that wanted that job but I guess that what you get when you hire your girlfriend nephew, just like GC all in the family. Lol You would think the board would step in this team was pick to maybe go to state due to height, skill and how deep the bench was. What happen from what I was told the coaches has run of 8 of the variesty players from last year due to what we saw at the game pretty sad. What kind of coach keeps your best guard on the bench the whole game ( tanner Willis) not only that that bond kid is a good guard and shooter as well murphy is the best defenders they have on the team and they didn't get in either. Well coach as from me and my fellow devils we thank u keep up the good work as always at GC not about the best player that y we will be in Lexington in march coach and u will be in the stands GC, go devils
Stardust Wrote:FBALL, is your son in HS yet?

Oldest one is a freshman. Not playing basketball.