Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd-60 vs Cordia-47
Final.

Closer than I expected so good job Lions, and Congrats SF on the win.
congrats sf
Cordia played with great intensity on defense. If the shots have been falling for the lions, the game would have been a different story. This Cordia team played and defended South Floyd very well. Marcus Sumner and Josh Mullins had good games for the lions. Cordia has a long way to go but Denny Fugate will improve them. South Floyd out rebounded Cordia big, I say by 15 or more.
^

I heard that was they key to victory for the Lions was rebounding and stop the penetration.
Hate to hear this.
Congrats SF.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Congrats, I heard the Rhea boy droped 27 is this true?
The Game was never in question really.

SF would get close to a 20pt. lead and the coach would sub in his JV players.

Almost everyone that played for SF, scored tonight.

Over half of Cordia's points came off FT's.

Turner for SF was given a T for tipping the rim at halftime, that's how crazy it was.

17 team fouls on SF the 2nd half.
Congrats SF! Sounded like a good one.
Congrats SF
BillSelf Wrote:The Game was never in question really.

SF would get close to a 20pt. lead and the coach would sub in his JV players.

Almost everyone that played for SF, scored tonight.
Over half of Cordia's points came off FT's.

Turner for SF was given a T for tipping the rim at halftime, that's how crazy it was.

17 team fouls on SF the 2nd half.

I do not know what game you watched because it wasn't South Floyd vs. Cordia. South Floyd played about 8 players the entire game. Starters stayed in almost the entire game, Turner, the pg, and #2 didn't leave the court, until that one player fouled out. The jv players didn't see the court during the varsity game until less than a minute remaining, and South Floyd only had a 20pt lead one time in the game and that was with 4 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. The game stayed around 9-12 pt lead the entire game for South Floyd. Cordia went to the free throw line alot in the 2nd half because they went to the basket. So quiet making excuses that are not true. Just say congrats to South Floyd on the win and say congrats to Cordia for playing harder than what the Raiders did.

And if you want to complain about fouls, I can to. Last year when Cordia traveled to South Floyd the fouls were reversed. When ever a 14th team travels to a 15th team, the 15th gets the calls, same for when a 15th travels to a 14th.

Turner was the only person for the Raiders that had a good offensive game and that was because Cordia has nobody that big to guard him. Jon Stacy did his best to guard him, but Turner is about a foot taller than him. South Floyd didn't have there best offensive game, but I give Cordia credit for that because of what great defense they played.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I do not know what game you watched because it wasn't South Floyd vs. Cordia. South Floyd played about 8 players the entire game. Starters stayed in almost the entire game, Turner, the pg, and #2 didn't leave the court, until that one player fouled out. The jv players didn't see the court during the varsity game until less than a minute remaining, and South Floyd only had a 20pt lead one time in the game and that was with 4 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. The game stayed around 9-12 pt lead the entire game for South Floyd. Cordia went to the free throw line alot in the 2nd half because they went to the basket. So quiet making excuses that are not true. Just say congrats to South Floyd on the win and say congrats to Cordia for playing harder than what the Raiders did.

And if you want to complain about fouls, I can to. Last year when Cordia traveled to South Floyd the fouls were reversed. When ever a 14th team travels to a 15th team, the 15th gets the calls, same for when a 15th travels to a 14th.

Turner was the only person for the Raiders that had a good offensive game and that was because Cordia has nobody that big to guard him. Jon Stacy did his best to guard him, but Turner is about a foot taller than him. South Floyd didn't have there best offensive game, but I give Cordia credit for that because of what great defense they played.

South Floyd was up 57-37 with 3 minutes left.... But they just really couldn't get it going offensively all night, but thats to be expected in the first game..... Actually South Floyd did play 3-4 JV players all through out the game, because nobody could guard #5 for Cordia. He is a dandy ball player if only he had a little more size...haha.... Everytime Coach Hall put a sub in to guard him, he asked them if they wanted to play some defense...lol... And the JV went in for good when SF was up by 20, thats how it ended up a 13 point win..... Congrats to SF on the win.......
TATE_64 Wrote:South Floyd was up 57-37 with 3 minutes left.... But they just really couldn't get it going offensively all night, but thats to be expected in the first game..... Actually South Floyd did play 3-4 JV players all through out the game, because nobody could guard #5 for Cordia. He is a dandy ball player if only he had a little more size...haha.... Everytime Coach Hall put a sub in to guard him, he asked them if they wanted to play some defense...lol... And the JV went in for good when SF was up by 20, thats how it ended up a 13 point win..... Congrats to SF on the win.......

Is #5, Josh Mullins the transfer from Buckhorn?
I'm not sure, They said he played JV as well..... But he is a ball player....
Is Matt Stacy still playing for cordia?
Congrats SF!!!!!!!
TATE_64 Wrote:South Floyd was up 57-37 with 3 minutes left.... But they just really couldn't get it going offensively all night, but thats to be expected in the first game..... Actually South Floyd did play 3-4 JV players all through out the game, because nobody could guard #5 for Cordia. He is a dandy ball player if only he had a little more size...haha.... Everytime Coach Hall put a sub in to guard him, he asked them if they wanted to play some defense...lol... And the JV went in for good when SF was up by 20, thats how it ended up a 13 point win..... Congrats to SF on the win.......

I can think of 3 of the jv players but they didn't play through out the whole game, just here and their. #5 is Josh Mullins and played very well, Marcus Sumner played a good 2nd half.

And when the horn went off to signal the end of the game, 3 of there 5 starters were still in the game, Turner went out of the game with about 30 secs. left so Cordia cut the score to 13 with most of South Floyds starters still in the game.

So you are telling me that there jv played the final four minutes, because if you are you are crazy. Turner was in the game with 3 min. left, with 2min. left, and with 1min. left. So was #2, and so was the pg until he fouled out with less than 2 min. left, and #13(who does not play jv) also was in the game when the horn went off. Cordia had a legitimate cut score because the there best players didn't leave the game until less than a minute remaining.
TongueirateSho :flame:
king360 Wrote:Is Matt Stacy still playing for cordia?

No. Matt missed a full week of practice for no good reason and Denny Fugate told him that he was done. I wouldn't have let him play either.
WALL2WALL Wrote:So you are telling me that there jv played the final four minutes, because if you are you are crazy. Turner was in the game with 3 min. left, with 2min. left, and with 1min. left. So was #2, and so was the pg until he fouled out with less than 2 min. left, and #13(who does not play jv) also was in the game when the horn went off. Cordia had a legitimate cut score because the there best players didn't leave the game until less than a minute remaining.
TongueirateSho :flame:

Actually nobody said 4 minutes there genius. Well I know all the reserves played, and No I didn't sit there with a piece of paper writing down who, and when each player went in and came out.... So I'm not gonna argue with you, But I know everyone on SF's bench DID play.... SF won that's all that matters........:moon::Clap::1:
TATE_64 Wrote:Actually nobody said 4 minutes there genius. Well I know all the reserves played, and No I didn't sit there with a piece of paper writing down who, and when each player went in and came out.... So I'm not gonna argue with you, But I know everyone on SF's bench DID play.... SF won that's all that matters........:moon::Clap::1:

I want to say congrats on the win to SF, they just over sized the lions. But to be oversized that bad I have never seen a team play that physical and that hard for they never quit. I was at the game, SF played 9 players on varsity, so when you say everyone on their bench played, I know you are wrong their. Thats counting the 1 or 2 JV players that played at the end. SF first 7 players are not JV, maybe you are counting the 6th and 7th men for JV, which you shouldn't. Turner was taken out with less then 1 minute and so was their point guard as well as one other starter, so you can say they just brought in the jv and coasted. If you remember 1 starter fouled out, so they had to play someone else, NO MATTER WHAT!!!

I am telling you folks Coach Fugate is the real deal. The Lions are a great defensive team, given the players he was handed, and come March if they keep it up, that defense might look unstoppable.
TATE_64 Wrote:Actually nobody said 4 minutes there genius. Well I know all the reserves played, and No I didn't sit there with a piece of paper writing down who, and when each player went in and came out.... So I'm not gonna argue with you, But I know everyone on SF's bench DID play.... SF won that's all that matters........:moon::Clap::1:

:thatsfunn :dontthink :HitWall: :zzz: :lmao:

South Floyd played the first four guys on the bench. The rest of the reserves did not see the court other than warm-ups. South Floyd not one time in the entire game brought in a full reserve line-up to coast, they never attempted to coast. 2 reserves at the max was in the game with the rest of the starters. It seems to me that you think that South Floyd should have won by 50, and they didn't try. Any person there could see that Cordia played great defense and contained everyone but Turner. Yes SF's bench did play, but not at the end, and not to coast for a win. :moon: :1: :redboxer:
WALL2WALL Wrote:No. Matt missed a full week of practice for no good reason and Denny Fugate told him that he was done. I wouldn't have let him play either.

That hurts Cordia bad
#2 was the one who fouled out with 3mins. left.

All 11 players that dressed played, 10 of the players played at the least 4-5mins. 8 of the players scored.

5 out of the 11 players are from SF's JV squad.

SF has 26 players, 6 of which do not play JV.

Game was never in question, 12+pt. lead throughout the 2nd Half.

Games are won or lost, SF won is all that matters.

SF had 3 players in double figures for the game, one of which had 15, Turner had a mismatch all night, finished with 24. So, I wouldn't say they contained everyone but Turner. Two players combining for 66% of their teams points is not being contained.

Congrats SF.
WALL2WALL Wrote::thatsfunn :dontthink :HitWall: :zzz: :lmao:

South Floyd played the first four guys on the bench. The rest of the reserves did not see the court other than warm-ups. South Floyd not one time in the entire game brought in a full reserve line-up to coast, they never attempted to coast. 2 reserves at the max was in the game with the rest of the starters. It seems to me that you think that South Floyd should have won by 50, and they didn't try. Any person there could see that Cordia played great defense and contained everyone but Turner. Yes SF's bench did play, but not at the end, and not to coast for a win. :moon: :1: :redboxer:

:blabbermo I know for a fact that more than 4 players came off the bench, I can name 5 off the top of my head... I sat right behind South Floyd's bench...... I know for a fact Shannon Turner, Dakota Newsome, Dakota Hall, Brandon Marson, Kyle Bailey, Luke Rhea, Weston Little, Dakota Justice, Jacob Crager, Corey Thornsberry all got in the game....... SO you guys definitely CAN'T count!!!!!

And Crazy Horse, I did rephrase myself if you go and reread my post, I said Reserves instead of the JV.....:Clap:

But Congrats to the Raiders!!!
king360 Wrote:That hurts Cordia bad

I like Matt personally, but no not really it doesn't hurt Cordia. Go back and read post #19 and it'll tell you why it doesn't hurt Cordia.
MVP2 Wrote:I like Matt personally, but no not really it doesn't hurt Cordia. Go back and read post #19 and it'll tell you why it doesn't hurt Cordia.

I don't disagree with kicking him off the team for that. But had he been playing it may have been a different outcome, Matt could easily put up 15 himself.
are you sure you saw the same game i did at cordia. SF beat them as bad as they could. They never let up any