Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
68.60%
Central Yellow Jackets
31.40%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Lou. Central (3A State Finals)
im not wrong trust me i know ..if the pirates beat pike central an then belfry played sheldon clark an got beat by them an then pike central beat sc that means belfry woul be third were they beat pc an pc beat sc when sc beat belfry
OMG...Does it even matter where we were in district? I know that it doesn't to my son! He is playing his dream game this weekend! Makes no difference to him where they were in district..They are REGIONAL champs and playing Central again for the hardware! SC was a fluke! Obviously, they didn't play ball! Not to mention the coaches never had a headset that worked the entire night...so there was no communication to the coaches in the press box..but I am not making any excuses...They lost the game and district matters nothing to the BIG RED MACHINE!!! We are cruizing to state!
BHSfootball Wrote:im not wrong trust me i know ..if the pirates beat pike central an then belfry played sheldon clark an got beat by them an then pike central beat sc that means belfry woul be third were they beat pc an pc beat sc when sc beat belfry

No, you're wrong. They all finished 2-1 in the district. Came down to a points system where SC finished 1st, Belfry finished 2nd, PC finished 3rd. We were predicted to finish 3rd in the district preseason by some.
Trust me your wrong. I'm a player, I know....we were 2nd in the district but predicted to be 3rd in the district.
blazin_ky Wrote:OMG...Does it even matter where we were in district? I know that it doesn't to my son! He is playing his dream game this weekend! Makes no difference to him where they were in district..They are REGIONAL champs and playing Central again for the hardware! SC was a fluke! Obviously, they didn't play ball! Not to mention the coaches never had a headset that worked the entire night...so there was no communication to the coaches in the press box..but I am not making any excuses...They lost the game and district matters nothing to the BIG RED MACHINE!!! We are cruizing to state!

OMG!!!! I love it! Smile
It's only 4 days away!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Projected Starters:

BELFRY

Offense

QB JR Tyler Williams 6'0 182
FB JR Trey Willis 5'8 1888
HB SR Jeffree Pruitt 5'8 145
HB SOPH Josh Robinson 5'11 172
SE SR Steven Gibbs 6'1 188
TE SR Morgan Bentley 6'3 217
T SOPH Tony Messer 6'4 202
T SR Cameron Tackett 5'10 242
G JR Josh Nelson 5'11 223
G SR Garrett Francis 5'9 241
C JR Keegan Fields 5'7 249

Defense
DE SOPH Tony Messer 6'4 202
DT SR Micah Mahon 6'4 222
NG SR Preston Young 5'8 227
DT SR Steven Gibbs 6'1 188
DE JR Gary Runyon 6'1 210
QLB SOPH Peyton Mullins 5'9 221
SLB SOPH Madison Ghormley 5'9 181
CB FR Sani Warren 5'9 150
CB SR Josh Francis 5'6 148
FS JR Josh Dixon 5'9 168
SS JR Tyler Williams 6'0 182

CENTRAL

Offense

QB JR Tajh Milliken 6'0 145
FB SR Stephon Winburn 5'9 183
HB JR Anthony Wales 5'9 167
WR SR Kevon Dunbar 6'3 167
WR SOPH Devante Yelder 6'3 181
TE JR Cornelius Bolden 6'3 167
T JR Jonhta Finn 6'3 273
T JR Tre Veasey 6'2 368
G SR Waymon Salughter 5'4 205
G SR Kris Pugh 6'1 295
C JR Dametreeus Jackson 6'1 275

Defense

DE SOPH Mashile Dozier 6'1 206
DT JR Dekwain Terrance 5'7 170
DT SR Andre Pate 6'3 400
DE SOPH Demontre Boyd 5'11 163
LB JR Korry Cornelius 6'2 161
LB SOPH Dominique Tolley 6'0 173
LB FR Philip Francis 5'9 180
CB SR Kevon Dunbar 6'3 167
CB JR Anthony Wales 5'9 167
FS JR Allan St. Gerard 5'9 130
SS JR Tim Witchard 5'6 136

What Jumps Out:
- Central's Oline is massive compared to Belfry's D-line, Pirates will be quicker in the box, but if the LB's miss an assignment then it could be very bad.
- Central Pass Catchers have a huge height advantage over the smallish Belfry DB's. Should be interesting to see how 50/50 balls turn out.
- Central's D-line is confusing. They have a massive run stopper, but they are very small at the other spots along the trenches.
- Both teams are very young on defense and start Freshman with high expectations on their shoulders.
- Both teams do a good job of minimizing two way players. Central plays 2, and Belfry only plays 3.
phs1986 Wrote:OMG!!!! I love it! Smile
It's only 4 days away!

I am soooo proud of them! Good thing that they don't believe everything that they read...hehehe...Some of these posts had them out in the first round!:dontthink
blazin_ky Wrote:I am soooo proud of them! Good thing that they don't believe everything that they read...hehehe...Some of these posts had them out in the first round!:dontthink

Sure did! HEY.... check your PM box... sending you something that needs to be forwarded.... you'll understand when you read it! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Belfry_99 Wrote:What kind of seating does the visitor side have? Bleacher or Chair seating?

tickets at the school is only 8.00
BHSfootball Wrote:im not wrong trust me i know ..if the pirates beat pike central an then belfry played sheldon clark an got beat by them an then pike central beat sc that means belfry woul be third were they beat pc an pc beat sc when sc beat belfry

Belfry was numb 2 seed thats why they had a home game 1st round, PCC was 3 seed , thats why they went to Russell rd 1...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Projected Starters:

DT SR Andre Pate 6'3 400

Thank god Keegan Fields squats 650... EASILY.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Projected Starters:

BELFRY

Offense

QB JR Tyler Williams 6'0 182
FB JR Trey Willis 5'8 1888
HB SR Jeffree Pruitt 5'8 145
HB SOPH Josh Robinson 5'11 172
SE SR Steven Gibbs 6'1 188
TE SR Morgan Bentley 6'3 217
T SOPH Tony Messer 6'4 202
T SR Cameron Tackett 5'10 242
G JR Josh Nelson 5'11 223
G SR Garrett Francis 5'9 241
C JR Keegan Fields 5'7 249

Defense
DE SOPH Tony Messer 6'4 202
DT SR Micah Mahon 6'4 222
NG SR Preston Young 5'8 227
DT SR Steven Gibbs 6'1 188
DE JR Gary Runyon 6'1 210
QLB SOPH Peyton Mullins 5'9 221
SLB SOPH Madison Ghormley 5'9 181
CB FR Sani Warren 5'9 150
CB SR Josh Francis 5'6 148
FS JR Josh Dixon 5'9 168
SS JR Tyler Williams 6'0 182

CENTRAL

Offense

QB JR Tajh Milliken 6'0 145
FB SR Stephon Winburn 5'9 183
HB JR Anthony Wales 5'9 167
WR SR Kevon Dunbar 6'3 167
WR SOPH Devante Yelder 6'3 181
TE JR Cornelius Bolden 6'3 167
T JR Jonhta Finn 6'3 273
T JR Tre Veasey 6'2 368
G SR Waymon Salughter 5'4 205
G SR Kris Pugh 6'1 295
C JR Dametreeus Jackson 6'1 275

Defense

DE SOPH Mashile Dozier 6'1 206
DT JR Dekwain Terrance 5'7 170
DT SR Andre Pate 6'3 400
DE SOPH Demontre Boyd 5'11 163
LB JR Korry Cornelius 6'2 161
LB SOPH Dominique Tolley 6'0 173
LB FR Philip Francis 5'9 180
CB SR Kevon Dunbar 6'3 167
CB JR Anthony Wales 5'9 167
FS JR Allan St. Gerard 5'9 130
SS JR Tim Witchard 5'6 136

What Jumps Out:
- Central's Oline is massive compared to Belfry's D-line, Pirates will be quicker in the box, but if the LB's miss an assignment then it could be very bad.
- Central Pass Catchers have a huge height advantage over the smallish Belfry DB's. Should be interesting to see how 50/50 balls turn out.
- Central's D-line is confusing. They have a massive run stopper, but they are very small at the other spots along the trenches.
- Both teams are very young on defense and start Freshman with high expectations on their shoulders.
- Both teams do a good job of minimizing two way players. Central plays 2, and Belfry only plays 3.

when did Messer start playing tackle? for this game to give them some size?
cuppett777 Wrote:when did Messer start playing tackle? for this game to give them some size?

I believe that's an error. John Duty #64 will be starting there unless there is an injury I'm unaware of, which I'm pretty sure in that case Bentley would move to tackle.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I believe that's an error. John Duty #64 will be starting there unless there is an injury I'm unaware of, which I'm pretty sure in that case Bentley would move to tackle.

what i thought , and if that then tony would be the end..
DT SR Andre Pate 6'3 400--77
Andre Pate 14 games 24tkls 10asst.

T JR Tre Veasey 6'2 368

Dang! I would bet that they can not move east\west.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Belfry0304 Wrote:Thank god Keegan Fields squats 650... EASILY.
Pate is probably going to Ole Miss or IU
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:DT SR Andre Pate 6'3 400--77
Andre Pate 14 games 24tkls 10asst.

T JR Tre Veasey 6'2 368

Dang! I would bet that they can not move east\west.
Pate can he is probably going to Ole Miss or IU don't let the 400 pound weight fool you, he was on the varsity basketball team and has incredible endurance for a 400 pounder.
Coachdad Wrote:Pate can he is probably going to Ole Miss or IU don't let the 400 pound weight fool you, he was on the varsity basketball team and has incredible endurance for a 400 pounder.
Ps he's not just a big man in BB he handles the ball extremely well(fancy dribbling and all)
He is the most athletic 400 pounder you will probably see the rest of your life
I think the Pirates take this one...

Belfry 27

Central 20
Belfry0304 Wrote:In Haywood We Trust.

And here in RAMland we trust also. Hoping Belfry wins another one for the east folks!! Great season young Belfry. Which ever way it goes it's been a great year for you! Even better things next year. From the northeast (RACELAND):thanks:
I think Central has to much speed nad they play the very best schools in Louisville so they are battle tested. As for Somerset PT made them look very average last year in the state championship game. I witnessed the '07 and Belfry had a VERY good team and had a size advantage up front on Central. The difference in SPEED was the difference in the game and I believe same will be true this season. Since We've went to 6 classes Central has gotten the attitude of a Trinity, St X, or Highlands that every season no matter what they are the team to beat in 3A
Coachdad Wrote:Ps he's not just a big man in BB he handles the ball extremely well(fancy dribbling and all)
He is the most athletic 400 pounder you will probably see the rest of your life

Sound like you are talking about Micahel Oher fro Blindside
vobra281 Wrote:Sound like you are talking about Micahel Oher fro Blindside
He's no micheal Orr from the blindside,
But I've seen him take over high school games
Big # 57 for fern creek is the only Orr type player in Louisville.
Coachdad Wrote:Pate can he is probably going to Ole Miss or IU don't let the 400 pound weight fool you, he was on the varsity basketball team and has incredible endurance for a 400 pounder.

I am sure he is a good athlete. But the reason I put the stats from the KHSAA website is that it stood out to me how low his TKL and Sacks numbers were. Has he been hurt this season?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

blazin_ky Wrote:OMG...Does it even matter where we were in district? I know that it doesn't to my son! He is playing his dream game this weekend! Makes no difference to him where they were in district..They are REGIONAL champs and playing Central again for the hardware! SC was a fluke! Obviously, they didn't play ball! Not to mention the coaches never had a headset that worked the entire night...so there was no communication to the coaches in the press box..but I am not making any excuses...They lost the game and district matters nothing to the BIG RED MACHINE!!! We are cruizing to state!
and being a true pondcreek son, makes for a very long night whoever lines up oppisite big #50

Really? because I watched him on film and he moves like a snail. No doubt the kid is huge, and strong, but he's not very fast. Our center is a freak in the weight room. Not sure on exact numbers, but I know he squatted 650 around 10 times and the Coaches wouldn't let him do anymore than that. Should be a great battle.
That Belfry is this far in the game. As mountain news reported they were only the better team on Friday night. Playing Louisville central will be a blood bath and belfry will go down the drain very very early in that game,
they are celebrating already in Louisville

Louisville C. 56
Belfry 14 ( and that is be generous)
bluuegrass Wrote:That Belfry is this far in the game. As mountain news reported they were only the better team on Friday night. Playing Louisville central will be a blood bath and belfry will go down the drain very very early in that game,

Louisville C. 56

lol,
:please:
bluuegrass Wrote:That Belfry is this far in the game. As mountain news reported they were only the better team on Friday night. Playing Louisville central will be a blood bath and belfry will go down the drain very very early in that game,

Louisville C. 56

I say let Central think that because if they do belfry will beat them. I know I'm a SC fan but I'm pulling for the pirates in this one.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next