Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliott Co. 70 Shelby Valley 61 (Scrimmage)
Final from the Fast Lane Classic.

Impressed with Rusty Roberts of SV.

Nice duo for Elliott with Knipp & Ison down low. Hard to believe Elliott only dresses 7 players.
Rusty had a good game. He is a talented player. I though Bret Reynolds had a pretty good game as well. The press really hurt SV midway through the 2nd half as they had a lot of turnovers in a short period of time. SV played at least 10 players quality minutes. There could be quite a logjam for playing time when Trey Roberts (injury) and Christian Bartley (waiting to be cleared) are back. And if Ramey were to get eligible, that would make it tough to find playing time for everyone.

I thought Knipp played nonchalant as he often does. He is such a talented player and still had a good game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Final from the Fast Lane Classic.

Impressed with Rusty Roberts of SV.

Nice duo for Elliott with Knipp & Ison down low. Hard to believe Elliott only dresses 7 players.

As a true single A school, even in deep years you're likely to not have more than 10. Makes you wonder how some "1 A" schools had 8 Seniors on their team last season...:biggrin:
Another nice game between these two. Time has passed from a few years ago and this match-up, but this was another good game between these two teams
How did Knipp do for EC?
Knipp - 36 points 11 boards and 7 assists. Pretty solid numbers!
Short Elliott highlight posted here if interested:

[YOUTUBE=Elliott/SV Highlights]aZAZThZM6SU[/YOUTUBE]
Coffee Can Wrote:Knipp - 36 points 11 boards and 7 assists. Pretty solid numbers!

:Thumbs:, Nice. I hope see him at the Sweet 16 this season.
MVP2 Wrote::Thumbs:, Nice. I hope see him at the Sweet 16 this season.

Dont count on it. Rowan County looked d*** good tonight against West Jessamine. And that was without Cross.
Elliot is only dressing 7 players? Wow. Hard to believe.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Rusty had a good game. He is a talented player. I though Bret Reynolds had a pretty good game as well. The press really hurt SV midway through the 2nd half as they had a lot of turnovers in a short period of time. SV played at least 10 players quality minutes. There could be quite a logjam for playing time when Trey Roberts (injury) and Christian Bartley (waiting to be cleared) are back. And if Ramey were to get eligible, that would make it tough to find playing time for everyone.

I thought Knipp played nonchalant as he often does. He is such a talented player and still had a good game.

This is GREAT to hear! Love and miss the kid! Hope he does well. Just NOt against us...Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Was Reynolds #21? If so, he was quite impressive.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Was Reynolds #21? If so, he was quite impressive.

Not sure on the number. But, he will help this team greatly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
LClion4life Wrote:Dont count on it. Rowan County looked d*** good tonight against West Jessamine. And that was without Cross.

They lost.
Good game I guess, the usual Knipp show.
Elliot will be tough for any team in the 16th to match up agaisnt up because Knipp can score every single trip down the floor.

Shelby Valley didn't look terrible in the game, they just dont have any guard play at all. Theyre starters couldnt really get into the paint and do anything , and they're backups were middle schoolers. The scary thing is that it was against a back court from elliot that largest guard besides Knipp was 5'7".

This game really was over when Elliot started to press Shelby Valley for the same reasons, besides Rusty Roberts, theyre really isn't a player on the team that can go from the arch to the basket with success against a decent defense without turning the ball over or getting trapped.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Was Reynolds #21? If so, he was quite impressive.

Still getting used to the new players and numbers, but I believe Bret is #24. I think Dalton Richardson (8th grader) is #21.
Trouble Wrote:They lost.

Doesn't mean they didn't look good. Most talented team in the 16th region. West Jessamine is a good team.
West Jess lost their best player from the last 3 seasons, they are rated 5-7 in most regional analysis in a mediocre 12th region. I'd wait to annoint them if they can't win there.
Then I'm saying these regional analysises are underrating West J. They looked pretty good. Ik the difference between playing good and beating a team that isnt so good. West J is a pretty good team. Rowan was without their best perimeter defender in Darrell Cross though. DJ Townsend made them better over night.
Coffee Can Wrote:Knipp - 36 points 11 boards and 7 assists. Pretty solid numbers!

Nah those aren't pretty solid numbers at all.. lol
Everybody figuerd Knipp would drop 30+. He's just a hard kid to guard. He's like a 6'7 guard. He just out jumps his defender and finish's well. His defense wasn't so amazing. He blocks shots when he wants to. But, in college that'll be a different story.

Shelby Valley looked fairly good. Guard play is a definite struggle. They had 20+ turnovers. In games like this, that's a big stat to look at. Valley needs a kid who don't turn the ball over. I think every kid on the floor for them atleast turned it over once.
knipp is a heck of a ball player... hope to see them at RUPP
letthebighogroot Wrote:As a true single A school, even in deep years you're likely to not have more than 10. Makes you wonder how some "1 A" schools had 8 Seniors on their team last season...:biggrin:

Cute. I suppose that chip on your shoulder about Shelby Valley, must have gotten a lot bigger after they won the Sweet Sixteen...:biggrin:

Incidentally, the majority of the local teams in the 15th region are class "A", but I have yet to see any of them only dress 7 players. So, this is not really a class A issue, it's more of an Elliott County issue. I sincerely hope they get more guys to join the team, otherwise those seven will be absolutely worn out by the middle of January.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Rusty had a good game. He is a talented player. I though Bret Reynolds had a pretty good game as well. The press really hurt SV midway through the 2nd half as they had a lot of turnovers in a short period of time. SV played at least 10 players quality minutes. There could be quite a logjam for playing time when Trey Roberts (injury) and Christian Bartley (waiting to be cleared) are back. And if Ramey were to get eligible, that would make it tough to find playing time for everyone.

I know,,, 36 points 11 boards and 7 assists...So Imagine if he had really wanted or needed to have played in this game!!
StanTheFan Wrote:I know,,, 36 points 11 boards and 7 assists...So Imagine if he had really wanted or needed to have played in this game!!

Yeah, I've seen him play a bunch of times and he always looks that way. That just shows how talented he is. He could have had 50. Anyone who disputes that he doesn't often play all out is not watching the same game as everyone else.