•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 25 Bell County 21
rd11 Wrote:OMG,u 4 real....unless Bell plays a tough schedule,they will always wonder....what if....seems like Bell only wants wins.....play great teams lose some lose close,win some.....I'd rather lose by 10-20 pts to a great team to win 50 -60- pts to a cut rate team...thats been Bells downfall..only Hilton would schedule that.....REAL MEN PLAY ON GRASS!!!!....WELL REAL MEN DO AND THEY WIN...

Thats about what I would expect out of you. Not to many teams in the state would beat Boyle Co. Geez they have the longest win streak in the State at 29. I mean Christian Co who Boyle Co beat by 2 TD's is playing for a 5A State Championship. Having 5 turnovers and only losing to a team like Boyle Co by only 4 pts still amazes me.

Their will always be Bell haters and thats fine. Dudley has 3 State Championships. Took a 0-10 Bourbon Co and won State the next year. I would love to see some other Mtn teams play Boyle Co.

Bell Co played some good teams this year in Knox Central(twice), Johnson Central, Harlan Co, and Boyle Co. Even Green Co who beat Lone Oak this year. A good team in Soddy Daisy out of Chattanooga, TN on the road.
rd11 Wrote:OMG,u 4 real....unless Bell plays a tough schedule,they will always wonder....what if....seems like Bell only wants wins.....play great teams lose some lose close,win some.....I'd rather lose by 10-20 pts to a great team to win 50 -60- pts to a cut rate team...thats been Bells downfall..only Hilton would schedule that.....REAL MEN PLAY ON GRASS!!!!....WELL REAL MEN DO AND THEY WIN...

Next years schedule? Corbin also went to State Semi this year and in the Lexington Bowl, Bell might be playing Henry Clay in it.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im back. Hard to talk about this game. The boys are devastated over it. Especially with all the turnovers.

Some hit the weight room yesterday getting ready for next year. They are pretty excited about 3A getting to play Corbin for District now and Middlesboro again. Thats the 2 games they are looking forward too the most. The Bowl game in Lexington will be fun as well.

Good luck next year and beyond. I'll miss playing you guys. I always looked forward to this game.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I would love to see some other Mtn teams play Boyle Co.

I'm not an expert on mountain geography, but I know that Boyle has played Johnson Central and Corbin the last 2 years in the regular season. If they are mountain teams, it shows that at least some of them are willing to step outside their comfort zone.
wow i expected a diffrent outcome
congrats rebels thought different.
what did dawson do this game?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Took a 0-10 Bourbon Co and won State the next year..

Bourbon County was 3-7 in 1996, they've never been 0-10.
Big tree fall hard.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im back. Hard to talk about this game. The boys are devastated over it. Especially with all the turnovers.

Some hit the weight room yesterday getting ready for next year. They are pretty excited about 3A getting to play Corbin for District now and Middlesboro again. Thats the 2 games they are looking forward too the most. The Bowl game in Lexington will be fun as well.

Good to hear from you again. Like I said before, you've been very classy and I respect that and the fact you came back on this thread. Tell those kids to keep their heads up. They've had a good season and career and I wish them well. :Thumbs:
This game proved all over what Knox learned the week before against Bell: turnovers are the kiss of death against quality opponents.

Bottom line for me is that Bell had a fine season. They lost to the team who will no doubt win the State Championship. Not a bad way to go out.
Two of the best defensive teams in the state. Great game and we got our money worth. Turnovers are apart of the game, and great defensive teams make you turn it over. Good Luck to Boyle and hope they win it all. Is Dawson the son of Dermonte Dawson ex U.K./Pittsburg Steelers?
French For President Wrote:Wrong The Bell coaching staff was allowed in the press box at Boyle for the 2009 game. Not only was the coaching staff there, they decided to share the space with radio as well as a political figure head from Eastern Kentucky whose name slips my memory. After the space inside the press box was filled shoulder to shoulder Bells film crew decided to set up in the EXIT aisle of stadium seating Which by the way was not allowed to happen. Bell may take over some venues and intimidate some but rest assured we Boyle fans back down from no one. Good luck Dudley getting the win you need in the 2010 season and good luck in 3A. We like keeping score here in the REBEL Nation with the score the Coach French 2 Dud1. :Thumbs:

First of all as a radio announcer I was at the game and found out just how much class Boyle County has and thats zero. For the correction they didn't have a spot for the Bell County coaching staff and were putting us all together in one room and told to deal with it. After the game was over some 45 year old village idiot was smacking the glass window and using sign language to tell us just how much he thought of us. So thats the reason I really don't like Boyle County. For a side note get the facts right Coach Hilton is 2-2 vs French. He beat him the State Championship in 1991.
Magnum P. I. Wrote:First of all as a radio announcer I was at the game and found out just how much class Boyle County has and thats zero. For the correction they didn't have a spot for the Bell County coaching staff and were putting us all together in one room and told to deal with it. After the game was over some 45 year old village idiot was smacking the glass window and using sign language to tell us just how much he thought of us. So thats the reason I really don't like Boyle County. For a side note get the facts right Coach Hilton is 2-2 vs French. He beat him the State Championship in 1991.

My question is, Boyle actually had a 45 year old in the Bell County County stands pounding on the pressbox glass window? Not saying it didn't happen, but I find that hard to believe that someone could do that, and not get attacked by a mob of Bobcat fans. Maybe he was a fan of one of the teams in the aera? So tells us why Boyle has no class? Was it just because of this one person?
[quote=BellCoBobcats09]Next years schedule? Corbin also went to State Semi this year and in the Lexington Bowl, Bell might be playing Henry Clay in it.[/QUOTE]

I think Bowling Green is playing Henry Clay in the Fatette County Bowl next year. Here is Bowling Greens schedule for 2011. Not an easy schedule for any team.

Date/Time: Game (Home vs. Visitor) : Location:
Sat 8/20/11 8pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Allen Co-Scottsville Patriots Houchens Industries - LT Smith Stadium @ WKU
Fri 8/26/11 5pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Henry Clay Blue Devils Lexington Lafayette High School
Fri 9/2/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. St. Xavier Tigers Louisville St Xavier High School
Fri 9/9/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Henderson County Colonels Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/16/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Owensboro Red Devils Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/23/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Barren County Trojans Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/30/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Logan County Cougars Logan Co. High School
Fri 10/14/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Warren Central Dragons Bowling Green High School
Fri 10/21/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Greenwood Gators Greenwood High School
Magnum P. I. Wrote:First of all as a radio announcer I was at the game and found out just how much class Boyle County has and thats zero. For the correction they didn't have a spot for the Bell County coaching staff and were putting us all together in one room and told to deal with it. After the game was over some 45 year old village idiot was smacking the glass window and using sign language to tell us just how much he thought of us. So thats the reason I really don't like Boyle County. For a side note get the facts right Coach Hilton is 2-2 vs French. He beat him the State Championship in 1991.

Why not tell the whole story? Hmmm.

In 2008 Bell County did the same to the Boyle County film crew and staff. The Box at Bell is woefully too small. While I've heard time and again that they "Don't have the money" to expand it, I would disagree. A Press Box doesn't have to be as nice as Boyle's, it just has to be functional. So when years of complaints go by and nothing is done, that tells me exactly what the underlying tone is. (It's a tool to create a home field advantage)

So the precedent was set in 2008. Bell was lucky the Rebels did let the coaches in the press box in 2009 after that event. It might have been cramped and might not have been the top tier for the coaches but it beat the top of a visitor's stands.

This year, nothing changed with the Bell press box and the coaches situation. Why? Because they see it as an advantage. For a program that's as successful as theirs, I just don't get the cheap approaches to "get an edge."

As to the village idiot you experienced, there are certainly some up there. However, at least they aren't lining the End Zone lines and pushing on kids who happen to go off the field chasing a ball.

Enough said. To all the classy Bell fans I've experienced on this site I am sorry for my rant.

(FWIW, I did the radio gig for 10 years and can't tell you the tough places I've sat on top of or stood looking between a crowd of just to see the action and describe it.)

Go cry somewhere else, where someone cares. Did the radio and coaches have a room, no matter how big or small, in the pressbox? Yes! Was the same given to Boyle at Bell Co? No! So, if it was classless for us to give you a room in the pressbox, then how classless was it of Bell to not give us one twice!? So, just get over it...

If you'd learn to read, the statement regarding French vs Dud, was in reference to while French is coaching Boyle. That involves the 2008, 2009, and this season. We, at Boyle, don't care about back in 1991.
Rebel55 Wrote:My question is, Boyle actually had a 45 year old in the Bell County County stands pounding on the pressbox glass window? Not saying it didn't happen, but I find that hard to believe that someone could do that, and not get attacked by a mob of Bobcat fans. Maybe he was a fan of one of the teams in the aera? So tells us why Boyle has no class? Was it just because of this one person?

I think he was referring to someone at the Rebel Press Box in '09. :Thumbs:
redstorm Wrote:Two of the best defensive teams in the state. Great game and we got our money worth. Turnovers are apart of the game, and great defensive teams make you turn it over. Good Luck to Boyle and hope they win it all. Is Dawson the son of Dermonte Dawson ex U.K./Pittsburg Steelers?

I can easily stand corrected but, no is the answer.

Lamar Dawson hails from the tiny hamlet of Junction City, just south of Danville. Go Red Devils! :rockon:
Hatz Wrote:I think he was referring to someone at the Rebel Press Box in '09. :Thumbs:

My bad Hatz!

So let me get this straight. PI is upset because we let him and the Bell Coaches in our press box, but they where cramped and told to deal with it? Am I reading this correctly and this is the reason he doesn't like us and we have no class? :lmao:
Rebel55 Wrote:My bad Hatz!

So let me get this straight. PI is upset because we let him and the Bell Coaches in our press box, but they where cramped and told to deal with it? Am I reading this correctly and this is the reason he doesn't like us and we have no class? :lmao:

Pretty much how I took it. Oh, and add that someone flipped them off in '09 from the other side of the glass.

Oh, well. :Thumbs:
I can understand why Boyle County may be upset over not being allowed in the pressbox either year, however, they shouldn't take it personal. I can assure you that as someone who has seen about 50 games at Log Mountain that no team is allowed to use the pressbox. Bell County isn't discriminating against Boyle County, it is just that they don't allow any team up there. They've got an outdoor platform on the visitor side that they make every team use. They also always pack the endzones with fans when the game is big enough, they are always lined up across the endzones with noise makers and air horns. Like I said, I can understand Boyle County being upset over it all of it but I can't figure out why they are suprised it happened because it happens to every team that goes to Log Mountain, right or wrong Bell County has been doing that stuff for years and years.
Hatz Wrote:Pretty much how I took it. Oh, and add that someone flipped them off in '09 from the other side of the glass.

Oh, well. :Thumbs:

Is that not hypocritical?
3wishes Wrote:I can understand why Boyle County may be upset over not being allowed in the pressbox either year, however, they shouldn't take it personal. I can assure you that as someone who has seen about 50 games at Log Mountain that no team is allowed to use the pressbox. Bell County isn't discriminating against Boyle County, it is just that they don't allow any team up there. They've got an outdoor platform on the visitor side that they make every team use. They also always pack the endzones with fans when the game is big enough, they are always lined up across the endzones with noise makers and air horns. Like I said, I can understand Boyle County being upset over it all of it but I can't figure out why they are suprised it happened because it happens to every team that goes to Log Mountain, right or wrong Bell County has been doing that stuff for years and years.

I didn't take it as they were discriminating against Boyle. Just surprised that a program as good as Bell has to resort to this kind of stuff. You'd think they wouldn't need to do this anymore.
redstorm Wrote:Two of the best defensive teams in the state. Great game and we got our money worth. Turnovers are apart of the game, and great defensive teams make you turn it over. Good Luck to Boyle and hope they win it all. Is Dawson the son of Dermonte Dawson ex U.K./Pittsburg Steelers?

I have been told that Lamar is Dermontes nephew,by a close friend of the family.
3wishes Wrote:I can understand why Boyle County may be upset over not being allowed in the pressbox either year, however, they shouldn't take it personal. I can assure you that as someone who has seen about 50 games at Log Mountain that no team is allowed to use the pressbox. Bell County isn't discriminating against Boyle County, it is just that they don't allow any team up there. They've got an outdoor platform on the visitor side that they make every team use. They also always pack the endzones with fans when the game is big enough, they are always lined up across the endzones with noise makers and air horns. Like I said, I can understand Boyle County being upset over it all of it but I can't figure out why they are suprised it happened because it happens to every team that goes to Log Mountain, right or wrong Bell County has been doing that stuff for years and years.

Seems pretty bush league to me.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I have been told that Lamar is Dermontes nephew,by a close friend of the family.

He will be a stud in college when they put other great players with him. He has it all, size,speed and smarts.
Keep this topic on the game. Not the press box and older fans. Those are side notes that don't need to go further than a speculation. Thanx and happy posting
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
BellcoBobcats09 since bell is playing a bowl game in lexington does this mean there is no city county bowl this yr? be nice to get two great teams to play the 6 pm game followed by bell vs middlesboro in the night cap!
Hatz Wrote:Why not tell the whole story? Hmmm.

In 2008 Bell County did the same to the Boyle County film crew and staff. The Box at Bell is woefully too small. While I've heard time and again that they "Don't have the money" to expand it, I would disagree. A Press Box doesn't have to be as nice as Boyle's, it just has to be functional. So when years of complaints go by and nothing is done, that tells me exactly what the underlying tone is. (It's a tool to create a home field advantage)

So the precedent was set in 2008. Bell was lucky the Rebels did let the coaches in the press box in 2009 after that event. It might have been cramped and might not have been the top tier for the coaches but it beat the top of a visitor's stands.

This year, nothing changed with the Bell press box and the coaches situation. Why? Because they see it as an advantage. For a program that's as successful as theirs, I just don't get the cheap approaches to "get an edge."

As to the village idiot you experienced, there are certainly some up there. However, at least they aren't lining the End Zone lines and pushing on kids who happen to go off the field chasing a ball.

Enough said. To all the classy Bell fans I've experienced on this site I am sorry for my rant.

(FWIW, I did the radio gig for 10 years and can't tell you the tough places I've sat on top of or stood looking between a crowd of just to see the action and describe it.)

Your Logic is laughable. So let me get this straight. Bell Co. would rather put there coaches on top instead of indoors. Have all of the P.A., home radio commentators and Stat crew jammed in a press box that is too small and outdated to gain what is in your mind an advantage.:please:

Let me guess, the reason that Bell county doesn't have a field house or an indoor facility is all part of a conspiracy to convince opposing teams that bell will be unable to practice in bad weather.

Get a clue Man.
I think middlesboro will give bell a game next year does anyone agree?
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next