•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 25 Bell County 21
I think alot has to do as to who you are playing. Cox does hold the ball out and away from his body when he runs, IMO against a hard hitting team (like Bell) Cook was the better choice. Next week Cox might be the better choice on a turf field. As long as we win I don't care.
Hatz, you are missing the major point, IMHO. I am a graduate of Boyle and my kids are graduating from Danville. This is about community support. No offense, but **** the high school rules. We are talking about supporting what little is left of our communities that is not governed by the the state/feds. So what if a few fans are out of line at a game. **** with that, I love fan support.
kyrocklover Wrote:Hatz, you are missing the major point, IMHO. I am a graduate of Boyle and my kids are graduating from Danville. This is about community support. No offense, but **** the high school rules. We are talking about supporting what little is left of our communities that is not governed by the the state/feds. So what if a few fans are out of line at a game. **** with that, I love fan support.

It's fine if they want to support their teams, but there's a line that has to be drawn. The air horns in the red zone affect the integrity of the game IMO. You want the game to be decided by the kids playing, right? Don't let there be a question after the game of who really was the better team that night. That is the reason that they are illegal in college and pros. And for the fans on the field, there are too many things that can go wrong with that; a home team should not let that happen.
All of your arguements are at the high school level. Did any Bell fans get on the field? Yes, Bell fans are not perfect. However, you all are still missing the point that I am trying to make. Local attendance is the key to high school athletics, be it football, basketball, etc. You guys want rules to be obeyed. I would love to see more fans in the stands in high school sports. Which is more important? More government rules or more personal involvement? I vote for more fans supporting their local teams.
Cox had his best defensive game ever Friday night. He doesn't carry the ball as loose as he did a year or two ago and I would be shocked if his amount of carries had to do with his ball carrying abilities. Cook got the bulk of his carries in the 2nd half to keep the clock running. Cox had some carries sprinkled in at this time as well but if I had to guess they were going with the power running game and letting the seniors seal this one up. I'll be shocked if Cox isn't heard from next Friday. And next year.......
offside Wrote:Crowd noise is not addressed in the NFHS Rules Book.

Game administrators have provisions in the KHSAA Handbook to curtail noise interference.

Don't blame the zebras; their jurisdiction ends at the restraining lines.

:thanks:

I knew it was addressed somewhere. Still don't understand how a program as successful as Bell needs to allow their fan base these kinds of "intimidation" actions. :Thumbs:
kyrocklover Wrote:All of your arguements are at the high school level. Did any Bell fans get on the field? Yes, Bell fans are not perfect. However, you all are still missing the point that I am trying to make. Local attendance is the key to high school athletics, be it football, basketball, etc. You guys want rules to be obeyed. I would love to see more fans in the stands in high school sports. Which is more important? More government rules or more personal involvement? I vote for more fans supporting their local teams.

Have you seen the video on WKYT of the safety? Google it and take a look. The Boyle player runs into the fans trying to go after the ball because believe it or not, sometimes our momentum takes us out of bounds. When he does the fan immediately gets up on the Boyle player with his body, shouting and then pushing with his legs at the player deliberately looking to provoke him.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports go to 8:12 mark.

That's not fan or community support. That's thuggery and dangerous. No excuse no matter what words you put with it. Why don't we just wet fields to while we are it. After all that's community pride and homefield advantage. Sorry, I can't ever see it as a good thing. The key belongs in the hands of the kids on the field and no one in the stands should have any outcome on a game at all.
I just now have been able to get on my computer since the game. Congratulations Boyle on a hard fought victory. I hope now the Bell fans realize what a strong team Boyle has. I think they were underestimating our team and assuming a victory since the game was played at Log Mountain. But Coach French has stressed all year that the fans can't beat you. It's all about what goes on between the white lines. I think this was a classic example of that philosophy. I wasn't able to make it to the game but listened to every play from the edge of my chair. Way to go Boyle and bring home the state championship again. I'll be with you in Bowling Green Friday.
Ok its been long enough,easym do you still think last years Boyle team is better than this years team?i want to know your honest opinion since Boyle beat Bell at log mountain.after all you have told me for the last month last years team was better.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Cox had his best defensive game ever Friday night. He doesn't carry the ball as loose as he did a year or two ago and I would be shocked if his amount of carries had to do with his ball carrying abilities. Cook got the bulk of his carries in the 2nd half to keep the clock running. Cox had some carries sprinkled in at this time as well but if I had to guess they were going with the power running game and letting the seniors seal this one up. I'll be shocked if Cox isn't heard from next Friday. And next year.......

I don't buy that because Cox didn't get in on offense hardly at all in the FIRST HALF either. That wasn't about wearing them down or sealing the win.
know1 Wrote:I don't buy that because Cox didn't get in on offense hardly at all in the FIRST HALF either. That wasn't about wearing them down or sealing the win.

Well i dont know why,but he was used very little on offense the entire game.thru the latter part of the season he got the bulk of the carries,and was the leading rusher for the season.
Cook had 20 carries,Cox had 9 carries for the game.
know1 Wrote:I don't buy that because Cox didn't get in on offense hardly at all in the FIRST HALF either. That wasn't about wearing them down or sealing the win.

Just pure speculation on my part. I do think you are over analyzing it though. We threw the ball mostly in the first half. Maybe he had a bad week of practice. I couldn't tell you. Maybe Cook, the number 1 rb on the depth chart in week 0, got his spot back since he is totally healthy and people don't lose their jobs to injury. We have a plethora of weapons and I guess there will be times when we can't fire them all. How many carries did Cook have in the playoffs before Friday's game? I really don't know what to tell you other than we won and who was out there carrying the ball isn't of importance to me. Especially when Cox had his best defensive game ever. I am not the least bit concerned about it.
[quote=know1]I don't buy that because Cox didn't get in on offense hardly at all in the FIRST HALF either. That wasn't about wearing them down or sealing the win.[/QUO
Now, I don't know if this is true or not. It could be totally false; but I was told by a BC player on Thanksgiving Day that a certain BC running back was in the dog house for violating team rules. Maybe true, maybe not, but that is what I was told by someone who would know. I know what the violation was but would rather not say.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:[quote=know1]I don't buy that because Cox didn't get in on offense hardly at all in the FIRST HALF either. That wasn't about wearing them down or sealing the win.[/QUO
Now, I don't know if this is true or not. It could be totally false; but I was told by a BC player on Thanksgiving Day that a certain BC running back was in the dog house for violating team rules. Maybe true, maybe not, but that is what I was told by someone who would know. I know what the violation was but would rather not say.

Then why mention it in the first place? All you are doing is opening up speculation.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Ok its been long enough,easym do you still think last years Boyle team is better than this years team?i want to know your honest opinion since Boyle beat Bell at log mountain.after all you have told me for the last month last years team was better.

:popcorn:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Cook had 20 carries,Cox had 9 carries for the game.

Why are you all so concerned about this??? Bottom line Boyle had more points than Bell at the end of the day. Coach French is going to put the players on the field that he thinks will win.
Congrats Boyle County
Jack Lambert Wrote:Ok its been long enough,easym do you still think last years Boyle team is better than this years team?i want to know your honest opinion since Boyle beat Bell at log mountain.after all you have told me for the last month last years team was better.

After the first few games I would have said no way. I didnt think they would make it in the first few rounds of the playoffs. But I have to say they have come together hard as a team and I think now they are better than last year. I dont know much about ACS but I think its going to hard to stop Boye this year from bringing home another state title. GO REBELS!!!!:1:
backinblack2003 Wrote:[quote=BluegrassBuckeye]

Then why mention it in the first place? All you are doing is opening up speculation.

:Thumbs:
MSU Eagle Wrote:Why are you all so concerned about this??? Bottom line Boyle had more points than Bell at the end of the day. Coach French is going to put the players on the field that he thinks will win.

Excellent question and excellen:Thumbs:t point.
Congrats Boyle bring home the championshiop to the eastern division!!! But no excuses boyle wanted it more but this wasnt the same Bell team that i had watched ever game for the last two years especially this year Boyle was more prepared very uncharacteristic of a Dudley team. Going to miss this rivalry game hope it happens again in the future or at least in the regular season!!!!
Way to go Jared, he was our secret weapon Friday night! I'm sure we will use him more next week! To the seniors, great game! Sorry everyone can't win but sure glad we came out on top for this one! To Bell no one should stop you next year and good luck on Hilton's records first game!
Hatz Wrote::thanks:

I knew it was addressed somewhere. Still don't understand how a program as successful as Bell needs to allow their fan base these kinds of "intimidation" actions. :Thumbs:

Agreed. Not to mention being one of the few, if only, places in the state that doesn't allow the opposing coaches in the press box. Doesn't seem like a program as storied as Bell needs to stoop to those kinds of tactics.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Why are you all so concerned about this??? Bottom line Boyle had more points than Bell at the end of the day. Coach French is going to put the players on the field that he thinks will win.

I brought it up because I found it curious that arguably Boyle's best running back was only on the field on offense a handful of plays in the first half and just a few more in the second. He was playing D, so I knew he probably wasn't injured or suspended.
I'd seen where 9 of the 12 semi final games last Friday was won by the visiting team. Hazard, Belfry, and Central where the only home teams that advanced on. Interesting that 75% of the teams at home lost!

Im not concerned about it i just thought i would post the numer of carries they had,hey we won thats all that matters to me.:Thumbs:
kyrocklover Wrote:All of your arguements are at the high school level. Did any Bell fans get on the field? Yes, Bell fans are not perfect. However, you all are still missing the point that I am trying to make. Local attendance is the key to high school athletics, be it football, basketball, etc. You guys want rules to be obeyed. I would love to see more fans in the stands in high school sports. Which is more important? More government rules or more personal involvement? I vote for more fans supporting their local teams.

Sounds like you are trying to make a point where there is no point to be made. You can try to turn this into a political debate if you want to be pigheaded but the bottom line is any rational adult would say NO to idiots being right on the out of bounds line and NO to airhorns...PERIOD.
There are some of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on here in my entire time visiting this forum. Here are observations from the game. Never heard such crying about kids with air horns.

1. Dawson very good player and active, not the great speed I had expected. If you have offers from Alabama etc... you should dominate this game. He didn't.

2. Boyle is not better than previous two years. If Bell had given field position last two years that they gave Boyle Friday night last two years wouldn't have been close.

3. Worst game Bell has played in two years and only lost by 4.

4. Total yards was even with Boyle running approx. 20 more plays so why do we keep saying how dominant Boyles defense was? Very good not any better than Bell's.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next