•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 25 Bell County 21
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands hasn't played you since 2004. Since that time Highlands has gone to the 2 platoon system. It's made a huge difference. Also a less conservative offensive approach has made it tough on defenses and 2 way players. We'll see how they fair against Boyle next year. At least Boyle isn't afraid to step up and schedule someone. Bell can win 12 games every year, but lose in the playoffs. If the fans are okay with that, then keep doing it.

Why don't we keep the talk to last night's game?
I saw the same thing and was thinking WTF!!!! You could see someone leaning over screaming in the kids ear and swinging at him.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Why do you get on threads that doesnt even talk about Highlands for? Your threads that boring or something or because people dont care about Highlands?

Step up? Bell Co played Alcoa who would beat you guys, sorry. We took the beaten 42-14 and went on.

Highlands had an opening. Bell said "no thanks". Highlands doesn't duck anyone including the Top Teams in Cincy. It's relevant to last nights game because Bell isn't used to playing good teams. That soft schedule costs Bell in the playoffs every year. I would have like to have seen Bell win last night. However, Boyle is more prepared this time of the year since they play a better schedule.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You guys act like you drill us everytime you have played Bell Co.

I must be in the wrong thread, I thought this was the Boyle vs Bell thread, when it's really the "If Highlands played Bell" thread
:C
wooderson Wrote:I heard that about 4A this year so Im going to say your prediction holds very very little water. There our a handful of teams (3-4 teams) in the new 3A that will be able to compete with and possibly beat Bell Co. on a yearly basis. Outside of Boyle Co. what 4A team is considered a powerhouse program year in and year out? 3A may just prove to be a little tougher for the Bobcats than most would believe.
By the slimmest of margins, there is always the remote chance that my prediction is incorrect... LOL. I have been wrong 19 times in my life. This well may be 20. But I stand by the prediction.

The comments about the horns and the fans in the end zone was echoed earlier by some of the folks from Knox. For my money, that's just football. Its a loud, wild, arena atmosphere where young men who have paid a big price to be there put blood on the line to win. So long as the folks blowing the horns don't come on the field, start fights, or do otherwise illegal things, the louder the better. Or, consider golf. The crowds there are referred to as "galleries" and do a fine job of "keeping it down"...
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands had an opening. Bell said "no thanks". Highlands doesn't duck anyone including the Top Teams in Cincy. It's relevant to last nights game because Bell isn't used to playing good teams. That soft schedule costs Bell in the playoffs every year. I would have like to have seen Bell win last night. However, Boyle is more prepared this time of the year since they play a better schedule.
This is a relevant point for any team who has a goal of winning Titles; not just accumlating winnning records. Knox had 2 teams all year who were any challenge - Bell and JC. We had several games were our starters hopped and skipped their way to a big lead and wore sweatshirts the second half. Clearly shows our dominance over those teams but did little to prep us for the 2nd Bell match. And frankly, we did not help Bell get ready for Boyle by showing up and playing so poorly in the Regional Final.

Nobody puts 45's on the bar and does 3 sets of 10 with 135 all year and expects to get 300 on max day...

Boyle to the man was not better than Bell. But as team they were more prepared to deal with this game - thus, the result.
Football1 Wrote:So long as the folks blowing the horns don't come on the field, start fights, or do otherwise illegal things, the louder the better. Or, consider golf. The crowds there are referred to as "galleries" and do a fine job of "keeping it down"...

Those "fans" with the horns WERE on the field. They were literally standing on the back line of the endzone. That shouldn't be allowed and I can't believe anyone would defend it.

The press box thing is pretty sad as well.
We know you are a Highlands fan and not everybody in the whole school comes out to play football. Bell isnt whining about a **** sloppy field. So Highlands plays 11 guys both ways or do you still have a 11 for offense, 11 for defense, and 11 for special teams?

Combine Middlesboro and Bell Co we would be 1 **** of a team.

Not trying to stir anything but what I was told by a Bell fan a few years ago was that as far as football that had pretty much happened and had something to do with Bell getting so much better again and Middlesboro going down hill. If that isn't the case sorry but just what I was told. If that was true how will Pineville and Middlesboro getting better impact Bell Co.?
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bell is whining about a sloppy field when they are well know to hose the field down? Wow. Invest in field turf. Also guys complaining about the number of players on the team? I thought only 11 played at a time. Build a program so that more guys want to play if you want more to come out for football.

Maybe you should worry about your own lack of facilities at Highlands before you start running your chops for once. Perhaps you guys should invest in such things as locker rooms, stands, pressboxes and all that stuff. I dont see as where you have much room to run somebody else down with what you have at your place. Again, if there has ever been a more obnoxious poster on this board, I can't think of who it is.
Let's make sure we keep this thread on-topic please.
No way would I consider myself a Boyle fan, but I'm happy somebody finally let this bunch know that they aren't above getting took to the woodshed occasionally and God ain't necessarily there football coach.
Congrats to Boyle on the win,and congrats to Bell on a great season.the game was a little sloppy,but i thought it was a great game.Im gonna make this statement again Boyle has a better team this year than they did last year.now maybe a few of you non believers will believe.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Congrats to Boyle on the win,and congrats to Bell on a great season.the game was a little sloppy,but i thought it was a great game.Im gonna make this statement again Boyle has a better team this year than they did last year.now maybe a few of you non believers will believe.

Offense might be better.

Defense - no way.
know1 Wrote:Offense might be better.

Defense - no way.

Whatever.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Boyle Co had 166 yards on 48 carries.
Bell Co had 92 yards only on 19 carries.

Once again over half was on one play. No consistency.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Whatever.

In terms of last night, the defense looked good, but I think this Bell team was the weakest of the last 3 years.
Congrats to Bell County on another great season. To be honest I thought Boyle was in the drivers seat until Hilton's int and great call of the onside by coach Hilton. Those two plays caught Boyle and changed the tide of the game. Simply a great play by a great player and great call by Hilton. I would expect nothing less from Bell than to keep fighting even when Boyle was on the edge of breaking the game open.

After seeing Boyle schedule for next year I questioned the sanity of "the silver fox" by scheduling Highlands, ACS, John Hardin, and Christian Co. to go with our district games and Danville. However I am not sure that Boyle difficult schedule this year has not made us the team we were last night.

On a final note I'm not sure I can say enough about the player Paul Magiligan is. I thought Ryan Wilson had a great game last night. Hester being healthy has been fantastic to the defense and of course Lamar is an all-american and deserves every award he gets. All that being said I think Magiligan (sp) may be the glue for Boyle's defense the last two years. He is undersized but I'm not sure you would find a player on any team we have played that wants the job of trying to block him. One opposing coach this year told his offensive coord. to run whatever run plays he would like but stop running towards 91. That was in the first qtr of that game.

Congrats Boyle. One more game to play. Boyle was a big favorite at this same time last year and ran into a great Lone Oak team that loved that nobody was talking about them. Bring it all next Friday.
Football1 Wrote:Congrats to Boyle on this win. I stand by what I said all year in that I thought Bell was the best in 4A. I am very suprised to see Bell lose this game. It speaks volumes about the amazing team that Boyle brought to Log Mountain. My hat is off as I enjoy my slice of breakfast humble pie.

Congrats to Bell to a superb season. You represent our area well with a winning program that we are all proud of. I know this is far short of your goal with the type of team you had this year. It did not sound like you put your best foot forward last night which is a tough way to end a season when the big game is on the line. Their were some very un-Bell like moments in that game. But as I said after we laid our egg last week against you guys - great teams will force you to make mistakes. Boyle is indeed a great team.

Final shot: Bell will win 3A state championship next year going away...

That's funny....
Football1 Wrote:By the slimmest of margins, there is always the remote chance that my prediction is incorrect... LOL. I have been wrong 19 times in my life. This well may be 20. But I stand by the prediction.

The comments about the horns and the fans in the end zone was echoed earlier by some of the folks from Knox. For my money, that's just football. Its a loud, wild, arena atmosphere where young men who have paid a big price to be there put blood on the line to win. So long as the folks blowing the horns don't come on the field, start fights, or do otherwise illegal things, the louder the better. Or, consider golf. The crowds there are referred to as "galleries" and do a fine job of "keeping it down"...

INSANE POST...yes, the teams have to put in on the line to win against the other TEAM...not the fans. Heck, its a penalty for the teams to be up against the out of bounds line, much less the fans. I'm sure Dud would have had any Boyle fans tossed for blowing an airhorn while Bell was on Offense.
walkm0ke Wrote:INSANE POST...yes, the teams have to put in on the line to win against the other TEAM...not the fans. Heck, its a penalty for the teams to be up against the out of bounds line, much less the fans. I'm sure Dud would have had any Boyle fans tossed for blowing an airhorn while Bell was on Offense.

It was classless for sure...
Congrats to coach french and boyle county on the win and jack lambert i agree with you that boyle offense is better this year than it was last year.

Also wanna congrats the bobcats on a good season. Its time to hit the weights and get ready for next season and try to make a deep run with our young team in class 3a.

Good Lucky Boyle County hope you guys go on to win the class 4a state championship!!
One thing I'd been forgetting to ask:

Why was Devon Cox not used more on offense last night? The last half of the season, I think he's been the better of the two backs. He barely had any carries at all last night...especially in the first half.

Were they saving him for defense?
Congrats to Boyle on the win at the Dudley/Bobcat Hilton. Congrats to Bell on a great season and I wish you great success in the future. Your team and coaching staff is top notch. Maybe Bell and Boyle can meet again in the next few years in a home and home.
Bob Seger Wrote:Maybe you should worry about your own lack of facilities at Highlands before you start running your chops for once. Perhaps you guys should invest in such things as locker rooms, stands, pressboxes and all that stuff. I dont see as where you have much room to run somebody else down with what you have at your place. Again, if there has ever been a more obnoxious poster on this board, I can't think of who it is.

Highlands can improve in a lot of areas. However, they are doing everything they can to improve where it matters most. That is on the football field. My only point is that if Bell wants more respect and to win titles, the schedule has to improve. Respect is earned on the field.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands can improve in a lot of areas. However, they are doing everything they can to improve where it matters most. That is on the football field. My only point is that if Bell wants more respect and to win titles, the schedule has to improve. Respect is earned on the field.

Perhaps you read the thread title wrong. This is a Boyle vs Bell thread. If you want a "Highlands is the best team in the world" thread, go start one. Otherwise, let's talk about the Boyle/Bell game last night.
know1 Wrote:One thing I'd been forgetting to ask:

Why was Devon Cox not used more on offense last night? The last half of the season, I think he's been the better of the two backs. He barely had any carries at all last night...especially in the first half.

Were they saving him for defense?

I have the same queston.we couldnt figure it out last night either.
know1 Wrote:Those "fans" with the horns WERE on the field. They were literally standing on the back line of the endzone. That shouldn't be allowed and I can't believe anyone would defend it.

The press box thing is pretty sad as well.

During the Lawrence County game a fan actually hit a LC player on the back of the helmet. Its a screwed up situation where the home field fans can hit the other team on the playing field. I spoke with the ref a couple of plays after and he said he seen it and warned the fan.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I have the same queston.we couldnt figure it out last night either.

ever watch him carry the ball,Cook covers it alot better...Cox is a great player,he just holds ball like a loaf of bread sometimes
Did Boyle get in the press box to film the second half?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next