• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 25 Bell County 21
Boyle must be really good.
Boyle is really good, but 4 Bell turnovers were the difference IMO. Same amount of total offense on the night for both teams-279 each I think.
The rebel nation shut down the run game of bell co & took log mt.. GO REBELS!!!!!
Congrats Boyle. I'm looking forward to the update from Bell & Boyle fans
That was a great game and an even greater atmosphere.

Boyle was clearly the better team this night, but both teams played sloppy.

After watching Bell the last 3 years, I'd have to say the other two years they were better than this. Their defense and offense weren't quite as good this time around. Boyle didn't even bring their A game and still looked like the better team.

Bell looked like they were surprised that they were getting hit so hard. Plus, they could not run the ball at all and they just don't look that comfortable passing the ball.

I think Boyle's tough schedule - particularly the last game of the regular season against a team that will be playing for the 5A championship next week - prepared them for this game much more than Bell's schedule did.

A couple of extracurricular things about the game:

- It's total BS that opposing teams' coaches aren't allowed in the pressbox. I've been all over this state to many, many crappy, small stadiums and I think Bell is the only place this happens. Come on, Bell....you're better than that petty stuff.

- I can't believe the school and/or the refs allowed those people to stand basically in the end zone and blow air horns every time Boyle was in the red zone so that the players couldn't hear the QB snap count. Boyle had numerous false starts due to this but it was never stopped.
Congrats boyle...good luck next wk.
Football1 Wrote:Boyle must be really good.

Glad this site is back up and running this morning. :biggrin:

They are. Having 4 Turnovers against a team like Boyle Co didnt help our chances neither.

Madon had 3 and Cody Davenport had 1.

Congrats to Boyle Co as they should win another State Title..
rayboy55 Wrote:Boyle is really good, but 4 Bell turnovers were the difference IMO. Same amount of total offense on the night for both teams-279 each I think.
Turnovers are a huge part of the game when two teams are equally matched.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I thought Bell Co. would win, but I stand corrected. Congrats to Boyle Co.
rayboy55 Wrote:Boyle is really good, but 4 Bell turnovers were the difference IMO. Same amount of total offense on the night for both teams-279 each I think.

:Thumbs:
Sawmill looks like the REBELS checked in at the Log Mountain Hilton and Checked out a few hours later with the STATE SEMI FINAL TROPHY. We will put the trophy in a safe place along side several others.:thatsfunn
Boyle County 7 15 0 3 — 25

Bell County 2 13 0 6 — 21

BELL— Safety, punt snapped out of end zone

BOYLE — Jarod Harrington 51 pass from Devon Hale (Will Harris kick)

BOYLE — Hale 7 run (Harris kick)

BELL — Cody Davenport 18 pass from Ben Madon (pass fail)

BELL — Davenport 14 pass from Madon (John Dudley Hilton kick)

BOYLE — Chris Cook 1 run (Steven Talbot pass from Cook)

BOYLE — Harris 22 field goal

BELL — Davenport 25 pass from Madon (pass fail)

Boyle Bell

First Downs 14 12

Total Yards 279 279

Rushes-Yards 48-166 19-92

Passing Yards 113 187

Comp-Att-Int 8-14-1 11-24-1

Punts-Avg. 4-28.0 3-45.7

Fumbles-Lost 2-0 5-3

Penalties-Yards 8-60 4-30

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—BELL: Cory Davenport 14-71, Ben Madon 3-15, Taylor Mills 1-3, John Dudley Hilton 1-3; BOYLE: Chris Cook 21-60, Devon Hale 10-52, Devon Cox 8-35, Lamar Dawson 7-21, team 2-(-2).

PASSING—BELL: Madon 11-23-1-187, Davenport 0-1-0-0; BOYLE: Hale 8-14-1-113.

RECEIVING—BELL: Cody Davenport 6-105, Bryan Thacker 2-43, Scotty Henderson 1-17, Hilton 1-16, Cory Davenport 1-6; BOYLE: Steven Talbott 2-19, Dawson 2-17, Jarod Harrington 1-51, Blake Mason 1-20, Cox 1-6, Cook 1-0.

Read more: The Middlesboro Daily News - Boyle County holds off Bobcats

Thats the difference in this game as both had the same amount of total yards.
French For President Wrote:Sawmill looks like the REBELS checked in at the Log Mountain Hilton and Checked out a few hours later with the STATE SEMI FINAL TROPHY. We will put the trophy in a safe place along side several others.:thatsfunn

I didn't think we was aloud to check out of the Hilton :lmao:
Congrats to Boyle on this win. I stand by what I said all year in that I thought Bell was the best in 4A. I am very suprised to see Bell lose this game. It speaks volumes about the amazing team that Boyle brought to Log Mountain. My hat is off as I enjoy my slice of breakfast humble pie.

Congrats to Bell to a superb season. You represent our area well with a winning program that we are all proud of. I know this is far short of your goal with the type of team you had this year. It did not sound like you put your best foot forward last night which is a tough way to end a season when the big game is on the line. Their were some very un-Bell like moments in that game. But as I said after we laid our egg last week against you guys - great teams will force you to make mistakes. Boyle is indeed a great team.

Final shot: Bell will win 3A state championship next year going away...
Football1 Wrote:Congrats to Boyle on this win. I stand by what I said all year in that I thought Bell was the best in 4A. I am very suprised to see Bell lose this game. It speaks volumes about the amazing team that Boyle brought to Log Mountain. My hat is off as I enjoy my slice of breakfast humble pie.

Congrats to Bell to a superb season. You represent our area well with a winning program that we are all proud of. I know this is far short of your goal with the type of team you had this year. It did not sound like you put your best foot forward last night which is a tough way to end a season when the big game is on the line. Their were some very un-Bell like moments in that game. But as I said after we laid our egg last week against you guys - great teams will force you to make mistakes. Boyle is indeed a great team.

3A will be harder IMO... We will have to challenge Louisville Central just for Region. Then Paducah Tilghman or Ft Campbell for State Semi.
Football1 Wrote:Congrats to Boyle on this win. I stand by what I said all year in that I thought Bell was the best in 4A. I am very suprised to see Bell lose this game. It speaks volumes about the amazing team that Boyle brought to Log Mountain. My hat is off as I enjoy my slice of breakfast humble pie.

I heard that about 4A this year so Im going to say your prediction holds very very little water. There our a handful of teams (3-4 teams) in the new 3A that will be able to compete with and possibly beat Bell Co. on a yearly basis. Outside of Boyle Co. what 4A team is considered a powerhouse program year in and year out? 3A may just prove to be a little tougher for the Bobcats than most would believe.
Boyle Co. 25 Bell Co. 21

Boyle Co. 7 15 0 3 25
Bell Co. 2 13 0 6 21
Scoring summary:
BELL--Safety (Boyle snap out of end zone). BOYLE--Jarrod Harrington 51 pass from Devon Hale. (Will Harris kick). BOYLE--Hale 7 run (Harris kick). BELL--Cody Davenport 18 pass from Ben Madon (pass failed). BELL--Davenport 14 pass from Madon (John Dudley Hilton kick). BOYLE--Chris Cook 1 run (Steven Talbott pass from Cook). BOYLE--Harris 22 field goal. BELL--Davenport 25 pass from Madon (conversion failed).
Records: Boyle County 14-0; Bell County 13-1

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z16V7lz5ny
If not for turnovers Boyle would be undefeated last three years, just a part of the game. IMO Game wasn't as close as score indicates.
Very surprised jugheads in the stands allowed to blow airhorns everytime Boyle tried to run a play...oh well...karma. 4a will get really tough next year with the addition of Highlands. Boyle better win it all while they can!
Didn't think Bell would lose this one..

Congrats Boyle!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
flatlander Wrote:If not for turnovers Boyle would be undefeated last three years, just a part of the game. IMO Game wasn't as close as score indicates.

Yep. Bell can't really use the turnover excuse too much because Boyle basically gave them 9 of their points on the botched punt snap for a safety and the interception. It goes both ways.
know1 Wrote:That was a great game and an even greater atmosphere.

Boyle was clearly the better team this night, but both teams played sloppy.

After watching Bell the last 3 years, I'd have to say the other two years they were better than this. Their defense and offense weren't quite as good this time around. Boyle didn't even bring their A game and still looked like the better team.

Bell looked like they were surprised that they were getting hit so hard. Plus, they could not run the ball at all and they just don't look that comfortable passing the ball.

I think Boyle's tough schedule - particularly the last game of the regular season against a team that will be playing for the 5A championship next week - prepared them for this game much more than Bell's schedule did.

A couple of extracurricular things about the game:

- It's total BS that opposing teams' coaches aren't allowed in the pressbox. I've been all over this state to many, many crappy, small stadiums and I think Bell is the only place this happens. Come on, Bell....you're better than that petty stuff.

- I can't believe the school and/or the refs allowed those people to stand basically in the end zone and blow air horns every time Boyle was in the red zone so that the players couldn't hear the QB snap count. Boyle had numerous false starts due to this but it was never stopped.

Great Post. :Thumbs:
What a great game. Hats off to both teams. It was a dog fight Boyle just came out on top this time. Bell has a great team and this could have went eather way. Its to bad that one of these teams had to lose last night they are both great teams. GO REBELS give them **** at state!!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Glad this site is back up and running this morning. :biggrin:

They are. Having 4 Turnovers against a team like Boyle Co didnt help our chances neither.

Madon had 3 and Cody Davenport had 1.

Congrats to Boyle Co as they should win another State Title..

I too am glad the site is up again. Couldn't have picked a worse time to go down.

BellCoBobcats09, that was a classy post and what I expected from you. You've done your program proud on here and it's never easy to lose one like this. Still had a great year and your post shows a lot imo. :Thumbs:
know1 Wrote:Yep. Bell can't really use the turnover excuse too much because Boyle basically gave them 9 of their points on the botched punt snap for a safety and the interception. It goes both ways.

LOL... We muffed a punt on the 20, fumble inside the 30, INT inside the 25.

Thats 21 for you guys. :biggrin:
I still think this should had been the State Title game the past 3 years. KHSAA do things wrong sometimes. Especially next year for Bell in the 3A WEST...
Congrats to Bell on a great season, you all were clearly one of the best teams in the state. But Boyle was very dominant last night, especially on defense. It seemed like every snap Boyle's D-line was in the backfield and getting pressure on Bell's QB. This game could have easily been a bigger margin if not for a 2-minute span where Hale threw a pick and Bell recovered an onside kick, both leading to touchdowns.

I loved the way coach French went at Bell's defense in the second half. Just ran it down their throats, knowing they would be tired by the 4th quarter, since Bell has so many players playing on offense and defense. It seemed to work since the Boyle run game was almost unstoppable in the final few minutes.

Another thing I noticed, this seemed to be a very well officiated game. Penalties seemed to be even for both teams, and both teams had some big flags that changed momentum in the game. On that note though, I would like to point out how classless the few Bell fans were in the redzone with air horns. They caused numerous false starts on Boyle linemen, but nothing was done about it. I know these guys don't represent all Bell fans, as most of you all are very classy, but this was a classless and cheap act, IMO.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:LOL... We muffed a punt on the 20, fumble inside the 30, INT inside the 25.

Thats 21 for you guys. :biggrin:

Did Boyle score on all of those? I know one was a field goal, so it wasn't 21.

Either way, you're supporting my point. Turnovers are a part of the game and they go both ways and are often caused by the opposing team (other than that terrible snap on the punt).
know1 Wrote:Did Boyle score on all of those? I know one was a field goal, so it wasn't 21.

Either way, you're supporting my point. Turnovers are a part of the game and they go both ways and are often caused by the opposing team (other than that terrible snap on the punt).

You are right. All im saying is Bell Co didnt play Bell Co ball last night. ALOT of our turnovers were unforced.
  • 1(current)
  • Next