Poll: Who wins this 3A Semi Final Game ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
62.64%
Somerset
37.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Belfry 11/26
Gitback Coach Wrote:The game is tonight?!? I thought it was Friday.

The Contrarian is obviously pumped about getting time off work/school for Thanksgiving HAHA
FBALL Wrote:I have never seen the fans of any team win or lose a game.

Now some ofour fans have never lost a game but they win them all. There is a fan of our team that probably doesn't realise what he is doing but after a win he will say we really put it on them last night. But after a loss he will say you all took on the chin last night.
Belfry0304 Wrote:That isn't a good idea, A-Ray. Yeah, hopefully we win and give you something to watch at State while your boy Pruitt goes ham...

Somerset and PT will be something to watch at state. The Pruitt boy has done nothing against tough defenses. Had how many yards against SC, or JC? But I'm thinking it will be an interesting ball game.. Not only is Somerset a passing team, but they can rush also. A better passing team then PCC, look for Somerset to pick belfry apart with outside runs and bubble screens.
P.S- To all Belfry football players.. Do not get distracted by the bright yellow gloves Somerset uses for play calling!
Belfry 28-21.
A_Ray #5 :];1101968 Wrote:Somerset and PT will be something to watch at state. The Pruitt boy has done nothing against tough defenses. Had how many yards against SC, or JC? But I'm thinking it will be an interesting ball game.. Not only is Somerset a passing team, but they can rush also. A better passing team then PCC, look for Somerset to pick belfry apart with outside runs and bubble screens.
P.S- To all Belfry football players.. Do not get distracted by the bright yellow gloves Somerset uses for play calling!

Now, now A_Ray....... are you feelin a lil down as your not able to be on the field Friday night? Behave yourself... teehee... You are gonna get yourself into somethin you can't get out of son!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Belfry-22
Somerset-20

Belfry late TD and a 2pt conv.
hey guys!

immaa
dawgggggggggggg.
Tailback44 Wrote:Belfry-22
Somerset-20

Belfry late TD and a 2pt conv.

Alright I hate to nitpick but why not just kick a field goal?
A_Ray #5 :];1101968 Wrote:Somerset and PT will be something to watch at state. The Pruitt boy has done nothing against tough defenses. Had how many yards against SC, or JC? But I'm thinking it will be an interesting ball game.. Not only is Somerset a passing team, but they can rush also. A better passing team then PCC, look for Somerset to pick belfry apart with outside runs and bubble screens.

IDT either of the teams you said will be playing next Friday. While Pruitt (and the entire BHS offense) stalled against you boys, he also ran for 170 against the same defense that ended your season, and career. Hope my boys prove you wrong, A-Ray.
Any Belfry fans got a stadium address they could post for me? Thanks in advance.
:Thumbs:
I knew belfry would beat russsel by a large score, but this week belfry downfall will be the pass.

Somersett- 32

Belfry- 14
If Belfry can sustain long drives than the Pirates will give Somerset fits.

I think Belfry wins this game on the line of scrimmage!

Pirates - 27

Jumpers - 21

TongueirateSho
RoShamBo Wrote:Any Belfry fans got a stadium address they could post for me? Thanks in advance.

27678 Us Highway 119 N
Belfry, KY 41514
Belfry by 1 td
That address might not help much, but once you get on the fourlane and to the Belfry area you CAN NOT miss it.
Belfry0304 Wrote:That address might not help much, but once you get on the fourlane and to the Belfry area you CAN NOT miss it.

It was on KHSAA, I thought I'd atleast try to help a little.lol
Belfry0304 Wrote:That address might not help much, but once you get on the fourlane and to the Belfry area you CAN NOT miss it.

stevie wonder could find Cam,lol
RoShamBo Wrote:Alright I hate to nitpick but why not just kick a field goal?

maybe because they havent been great in that area..
Yep, plenty of signs, plenty of cars, plenty of NOISE.... (air horns will be blowin).... CAM will be on your right about 2 miles past Belfry Middle School (old Belfry High School)....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Yep, plenty of signs, plenty of cars, plenty of NOISE.... (air horns will be blowin).... CAM will be on your right about 2 miles past Belfry Middle School (old Belfry High School)....

find out anything about the shirt?
RisingPower84 Wrote:27678 Us Highway 119 N
Belfry, KY 41514

Thanks.:Thumbs:
How are Somerset's special teams? Belfry's kicking game has struggled in the games I have watched. If the teams are evenly matched on O and D, the kicking game of the teams could be critically important.
PaytoPlay Wrote:How are Somerset's special teams? Belfry's kicking game has struggled in the games I have watched. If the teams are evenly matched on O and D, the kicking game of the teams could be critically important.

Pretty good, but we've improved alot on ST since Dixon became the Safety.
I'd like to wish all of the Briar Jumper and Pirate faithful a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

See ya Friday!!!!
If Belfry can sustain long drives, and keep the Jumpers offense on the sideline, and if the Belfry defense can get a few stops, and if the Belfry defense can come up with a few turnovers, then Belfry can will.

If the Jumpers don't turn the ball over, if the jumpers don't commit careless penalties, if the jumpers can get off the field on 3rd down. Then Somerset can win.

I can't see the Jumpers playing as bad this Friday as they did last Friday. That being said, I hope it is a clean game, with few penalties and turnovers. I know the weather will probably be a factor as well.

Good luck to both teams.

PS the biggest word in this post IF
Winner of this game wins the state championship. IMO
BigEastZebra Wrote:If Belfry can sustain long drives, and keep the Jumpers offense on the sideline, and if the Belfry defense can get a few stops, and if the Belfry defense can come up with a few turnovers, then Belfry can will.

If the Jumpers don't turn the ball over, if the jumpers don't commit careless penalties, if the jumpers can get off the field on 3rd down. Then Somerset can win.

I can't see the Jumpers playing as bad this Friday as they did last Friday. That being said, I hope it is a clean game, with few penalties and turnovers. I know the weather will probably be a factor as well.

Good luck to both teams.

PS the biggest word in this post IF

Forecast more details
6 am

45°F

Feels Like
41°F
9 am

35°F

Feels Like
31°F
12 pm

37°F

Feels Like
32°F
3 pm

43°F

Feels Like
39°F
6 pm

40°F

Feels Like
36°F
9 pm

34°F

Feels Like
28°F

Day Night

AM Rain / Snow Showers High
43°F

Precip
70%

Wind: From WNW at 7 mph
Humidity: 75%
UV Index: 2 Low

Sunrise: 7:21 AM ET
Avg. High: 55°F
Record High: 78°F (1973)

Mostly Clear Overnight Low
29°F

Precip
10%

Wind: From W at 8 mph
Humidity: 56%

Sunset: 5:12 PM ET
Avg. Low: 31°F
Record Low: 7°F (1950)

Nov 25, 9:41 AM Eastern Standard Time
Somerset played there most horrible and sloppy game against Breathitt IMO. I think they may have set a post season school record for turn-overs. All there turnovers were in very vulnerable spots as well. I feel they get it all together and win this game by 2-3 TD'S. Belfry has alot of pride and tradition is what i keep hearing but so do the Jumpers. If Belfry can do as most say and control the time of posession they have a very good shot. Home field advantage will also be good as they have likely the best fan base in the state. Still my prediction is Somerset on top 36-20.
Hilbily Wrote:Somerset played there most horrible and sloppy game against Breathitt IMO. I think they may have set a post season school record for turn-overs. All there turnovers were in very vulnerable spots as well. I feel they get it all together and win this game by 2-3 TD'S. Belfry has alot of pride and tradition is what i keep hearing but so do the Jumpers. If Belfry can do as most say and control the time of posession they have a very good shot. Home field advantage will also be good as they have likely the best fan base in the state. Still my prediction is Somerset on top 36-20.

Not quite, we had 8 in the finals last year. Not trying to brag or anything, lol.