Poll: Who wins this 3A Semi Final Game ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
62.64%
Somerset
37.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Belfry 11/26
piratefan989 Wrote:Belfry has already won. These boys have already proven themselves. A win Friday night will just be a good bonus for the players. We are proud of every player who has walked on the field. Good Luck Pirates and play safe.TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

I totally agree!
Gummie Bear's comment could be the most ridiculous ever yes it gets cold in the mountains but do you think the weather isn't the same in Somerset? Cold is Cold no matter where you are located
May the best team win but I hope its the Somerset Briarjumpers. In order for this to happen they had better be ready for the NOISE beca'use it will be "NOTHING" compared to what they have experienced anywhere else. They definitely are in for an environment they've not seen this year. It's not exactly something you can prepare them for but if they don't call the plays from a huddle there'll be a lot of delay of game penalties, false starts, etc. etc. Hopefully they'll be as prepared as possible. One thing Belfry has is one heck of a CROWD! Good luck to both teams! GO BRIARJUMPERS!!! :Cheerlead
somerset played their worst game of the year last friday, 7 turnovers, put the ball on the ground at least 3 other times, 115 in penalties, and they still beat a really good breathitt team. i don't believe that somerset will play this way this coming friday and I think the jumpers will win by14+ points. just don't think belfry has enough team speed to keep up with somerset.
d-fence Wrote:somerset played their worst game of the year last friday, 7 turnovers, put the ball on the ground at least 3 other times, 115 in penalties, and they still beat a really good breathitt team. i don't believe that somerset will play this way this coming friday and I think the jumpers will win by14+ points. just don't think belfry has enough team speed to keep up with somerset.

Oh lord, who has informed you of this? LOLOL..... their team speed may just shock you! Confusedhh:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
This will be an all out war. I think the game will be decided by 7 pts or less. Going to be hard to pass the ball with the weather.

Go Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
d-fence Wrote:just don't think belfry has enough team speed to keep up with somerset.

I would not bank on this if I were you. Who is to say about straight line speed per say, but Belfry is one of the quickest teams East of I-75. They play fast, in fact sometimes they have played too fast at times and it has cost them.
As this will be my first trip to CAM I must say I'm looking forward to it. Based on everything I've heard from the Somerset faithful I would expect about as many at Belfry as we had at Breathitt. Should be a great atmosphere for a high school football game!
somerset
RoShamBo Wrote:As this will be my first trip to CAM I must say I'm looking forward to it. Based on everything I've heard from the Somerset faithful I would expect about as many at Belfry as we had at Breathitt. Should be a great atmosphere for a high school football game!

Better arrive early, the place will be packed! The visitor section is nice, I would say somewhere around 800-1000 seats at best. And the home side is usually filled to capactity. Look for an awesome atmosphere Friday night, there is no place like CAM Stadium to watch a high school football game.

Go Pirates!
RoShamBo Wrote:As this will be my first trip to CAM I must say I'm looking forward to it. Based on everything I've heard from the Somerset faithful I would expect about as many at Belfry as we had at Breathitt. Should be a great atmosphere for a high school football game!

You get your own bleachers this week.... Breathitt is possibly the biggest disparity between home and visitor seating in the entire state.

Be sure to get there early enough to stop by the tailgate area and introduce yourself to the natives. If you, or any other Jumper fan, needs any advice or help with the trip feel free to post in here and I am sure someone will assist you.
Belfry0304 Wrote:We didn't have anyone w/ the speed for John Cole either, thank God we pulled that one off!

John Cole? Sounds like a country music singer. Am I invited to the Pep Section Friday? Hopefully your boys get the win, so I have a reason to go get my award at halftime of the 3a state championship!
man i am glad they think belfry has no speed.thats funny.Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
Somerset has had a football team for over 100 years, but has never won a KHSAA State Championship. I think that changes this year

Somerset- 28
Belfry- 21
A_Ray #5 :];1100965 Wrote:John Cole? Sounds like a country music singer. Am I invited to the Pep Section Friday? Hopefully your boys get the win, so I have a reason to go get my award at halftime of the 3a state championship!

That isn't a good idea, A-Ray. Yeah, hopefully we win and give you something to watch at State while your boy Pruitt goes ham...
A_Ray #5 :];1100965 Wrote:John Cole? Sounds like a country music singer. Am I invited to the Pep Section Friday? Hopefully your boys get the win, so I have a reason to go get my award at halftime of the 3a state championship!

Only if you promise not to flirt with the cheerleaders!!! ConfusedmallcheeConfusedmallcheeConfusedmallchee
toussaints Wrote:Somerset has had a football team for over 100 years, but has never won a KHSAA State Championship. I think that changes this year

Somerset- 28
Belfry- 21

Not sure if they will or wont but IMO this may be their best chance to date.
This one will be a close one. But, when the clock ticks 0:00, Belfry will have the Victory.

Belfry- 28
Sumerset-22
I'm really proud of our boys from Pond Creek no matter what the outcome may be. With that said whoever comes out of this game the victors has got a legitimate shot at a state title.
Powerman Wrote:I'm really proud of our boys from Pond Creek no matter what the outcome may be. With that said whoever comes out of this game the victors has got a legitimate shot at a state title.

:Thumbs:
get ready to watch the Belfry/ Russell game, i get a cd everyweek of the games...
want Somerset to win this :flame:
cuppett777 Wrote:get ready to watch the Belfry/ Russell game, i get a cd everyweek of the games...

Enjoy it!! GREAT CD this week!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
After watching the SHS tape against Breathitt County last week, I think between the long bus ride and Belfrys run,run,run and pass when your not expecting type of offense,this game could get ugly. I know how emotional kids can get when things don't go as there use to, when games being played at ther speed are changed,and I really can see the Pirates controlling this game from yard by yard,minute by minute and quarter by quarter till the battle is won. Good luck boys, wish I could watch,but plan on a big and best weekend ever next weekend,we'll see you then...with that said BHS 34!!! SHS21!!!! Lets go to the STATE CAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!! GO EER"S---
Get Ready Wrote:After watching the SHS tape against Breathitt County last week, I think between the long bus ride and Belfrys run,run,run and pass when your not expecting type of offense,this game could get ugly. I know how emotional kids can get when things don't go as there use to, when games being played at ther speed are changed,and I really can see the Pirates controlling this game from yard by yard,minute by minute and quarter by quarter till the battle is won. Good luck boys, wish I could watch,but plan on a big and best weekend ever next weekend,we'll see you then...with that said BHS 34!!! SHS21!!!! Lets go to the STATE CAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!! GO EER"S---

You're basing that off of one game. How would you feel if you watched the Belfry-Prestonsburg film and the Somerset-Danville film? If you watched those 2 games you'd think there was no way the Pirates could stay within 30 points of the Jumpers. All that is in the past. All that matters is this week. Either team is capable of beating the other, and I am willing to bet that if either team comes in thinking they have it in the bag they are going to go home disappointed.

I will say this. How many teams in class 3A do you think could have went to Breathitt County turn the ball over 6 times, have over 110 yards in penalties and still win the game?
Norm Peterson Wrote:You're basing that off of one game. How would you feel if you watched the Belfry-Prestonsburg film and the Somerset-Danville film? If you watched those 2 games you'd think there was no way the Pirates could stay within 30 points of the Jumpers. All that is in the past. All that matters is this week. Either team is capable of beating the other, and I am willing to bet that if either team comes in thinking they have it in the bag they are going to go home disappointed.

I will say this. How many teams in class 3A do you think could have went to Breathitt County turn the ball over 6 times, have over 110 yards in penalties and still win the game?

Excellent point.
phs1986 Wrote:Enjoy it!! GREAT CD this week!

enjoyed it, they really looked good running the option, the backs are hitting the holes very fast and hard,he looked good on the kickoff return, it looked like it very well could have been 42-0 instead of 42-14, that beening, Russell got the ball on Belfrys side of the field,once after they went for it on 4th from there side of the 50, why they did that with the lead i dont know, the second on the punt where it touched a Belfry player, but anyway great game, cant wait to Friday...
I'm not taking this from one game,I've watced all of the pirate games except JCHS. I just think that they are a very focused team right now that seems to to be hitting on all cylinders. Hey,I may be wrong and I'm fairly new to BHS sports,but I have to say that SHS is at a disadvantage traveling to pike county,if it was the other way around,I would have to give SHS the upper hand in such a big stage. Like I said though, don't be surpised if Belfry dominates this game. Just my opinion
Norm Peterson Wrote:You're basing that off of one game. How would you feel if you watched the Belfry-Prestonsburg film and the Somerset-Danville film? If you watched those 2 games you'd think there was no way the Pirates could stay within 30 points of the Jumpers. All that is in the past. All that matters is this week. Either team is capable of beating the other, and I am willing to bet that if either team comes in thinking they have it in the bag they are going to go home disappointed.

Somerset @ Belfry tonight is where it is now! What has happened in past games cannot be extrapolated into an accurate prediction.

Hey, sorry, I got overly wordy--past games with common opponents do not determine outcomes of current games. For example: Belfry 42 Russell 14; Sheldon Clark beat Belfry by 2 tds, but lost to Russell 15 - 12. Go Figure!

However, it seems that Belfry is playing their A game now and will be tough tonight at the CAM. I look for Belfry to take this one.

I am probably just a little prejudice, but I have to root for any team in the playoffs from Eastern Kentucky.
The Contrarian Wrote:Somerset @ Belfry tonight is where it is now! What has happened in past games cannot be extrapolated into an accurate prediction.

Hey, sorry, I got overly wordy--past games with common opponents do not determine outcomes of current games. For example: Belfry 42 Russell 14; Sheldon Clark beat Belfry by 2 tds, but lost to Russell 15 - 12. Go Figure!

However, it seems that Belfry is playing their A game now and will be tough tonight at the CAM. I look for Belfry to take this one.

I am probably just a little prejudice, but I have to root for any team in the playoffs from Eastern Kentucky.

The game is tonight?!? I thought it was Friday.