Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 of Our 4 State Champs Are PRIVATE schools.
98, I'll try to answer your ?. First of all I have no dog in this fight so to speak, I could care less about the private/public debate one way or the other. But to answer the ?, I personally would take the offer of paying between 4 & 6 thousand $ for the Ferrari. I am a little older than you and from first hand experience, nothing in this life is free and if someone tells you it is then there is a catch. I would just as soon go ahead and pay for it legally than to have the price hanging over my head and have to pay for it some other way. JMO.
3 of the 4 are private...... yet typically one of 4 is private (4A is the only consistent class) I say keep em together and lets let the championships not be watered down.

Whats next? All schools within 20 minutes of a border must play in seperate classes considering that 3 of the 4 champs, and 7 of the 8 teams are within 20 miles of a state line?
orisonspi Wrote:3 of the 4 are private...... yet typically one of 4 is private (4A is the only consistent class) I say keep em together and lets let the championships not be watered down.

Whats next? All schools within 20 minutes of a border must play in seperate classes considering that 3 of the 4 champs, and 7 of the 8 teams are within 20 miles of a state line?
I agree with your first paragraph.

Second one though makes an awful big assumption, without any supporting facts.

Can you name any players that cross a state border to play for one of these teams?

St. X And T both have them I'm sure.

NCC has 0.

I don't know about the others...
This proposition is long overdue, and I really hope it passes. It's unfair to the other teams in the state to play teams in the finals that are able to recruit.
I thought the sweep was going to take place, but still I don't see a reason in dividing the schools. Just turns out sometimes the private schools become tradition rich like some of the public schools.
Watered down state championship?
Why have class's
Becuse one school has 10 more students they can be seperated.
I am not sure I want a seperation I just want the KHSAA to enforce the rules.
98 I respect you and your opinion but you said they recruit, Which is against the rules.
I went to a public high school with an enrollment of 200 we had 19 guys who played their hearts out, we were excited if anyone new moved in to the area because we might get another player.

I don't think football is at the heart of the issue, except in 4A. It's the roundball that makes this state click. When schools like Lexington Cath, University Heights and Rose Hill become over night powers with players who were trained and came up in public programs transfer it upsets the natural balance of an area.
When I was in school several years ago you played more for your community, that was the beauty of high school sports. When you look in the stands and at homcoming you have people representing the clas of 39 or 57 it made me feel awesome.
My Senior year I played with a relative who much more gifted than I, his father offered me a car an a apartment if I would move to a rival school just to keep and eye on him during his soph year. I was tempted but my ties to the community, and my school outweighed the opportunity to play in a playoff game. He went I stayed.

Do I think we need a seperate championship series, I will sum it up this way. It's a bandaid to stop the bleeding from what is going on.
The KHSAA need to address the rules, I actually liked the way it way up until the 80's you transfer you sit out one year, no exceptions.
In my region I have watched player transfer in the middle of a season from a weak team to a strong one, and our private schools suck at sports.
I would take the free one.. and if i found a ferrari at 4 grand.. hell i'd go ahead and buy that one too..

As for the split..

I could care less what happens I'm no longer playing sports in high school.. and i agree with doc that the khsaa needs to enforce their rules..

I do believe that recruiting is wrong to an extent.. like offering money and junk like that.. but if a coach or players go to another county and try to talk a guy into coming to thier school then i don't see a problem with it.. I mean heck all sports fans do it. without even realizing it.. I've tried to talk players from other schools to coming to a different school.. does it always work.. no. am i offering him money? no.. But sometime they get an idea like.. hey maybe i will try it out..

This whole debate is really kind of sickening.... and paying 5000 dollars to go to high school is crazy imo.. lol. I didn't want to be there for free lol.. So if parents want to shell out that kind of money to get their kid into a better program then, i don't see what the big deal is.. as long as they have to pay like everyone else..
I think Belfry might as well be a private school... Why? Because they get all kinds of transfers... It makes it alot easier for the players to get eligable whenever you have alot of people on the board that can help... Prestonsburg had 2 players form AC that could have helped P burg and never could get them eligable...Call it whatever you want to but this isnt the first case that it has happened!!
98NCCalum Wrote:I agree with your first paragraph.

Second one though makes an awful big assumption, without any supporting facts.

Can you name any players that cross a state border to play for one of these teams?

St. X And T both have them I'm sure.

NCC has 0.

I don't know about the others...
You missed the intent of my second paargraph as sarcasm.... i think it is nothing more than a witch hunt by seperating private and public and just illustrating that it is ludicrous by asking if what's next is seprating it by proximity to state lines.
shafter9 Wrote:I think Belfry might as well be a private school... Why? Because they get all kinds of transfers... It makes it alot easier for the players to get eligable whenever you have alot of people on the board that can help... Prestonsburg had 2 players form AC that could have helped P burg and never could get them eligable...Call it whatever you want to but this isnt the first case that it has happened!!
Chat Yates and Brenton Hamilton..... Belfry may get transfers but all of ours have been ruled eligible unlike Pburg. People in glass houses............

Please name to me every illegal transfer Belfry has received which you feel was deemed eligible due to havign someone on the board....
imo if they were seperated it would level the playing field alot more
in response to Midee1, did i specifically mention Russel or are you just feeling guilty because you know that your school does give breaks or or thing to the parents of the student atheletes that come from outside your dist? I don't think i ever mentioned any specific school in my comments.
With all of these teams in a 20 mile radius with the exception of 2 (Portsmouth teams) that are closer to 30-35 miles, I would find it hard that any of them recruit or bring out kids outside district lines because of the consistent success over the years. Occassionally one school is down while others may be better as is normal with graduation losses and growing pains. If one school was wanting to recruit, there would be several schools with dismal programs. Here are the football records from this past season.

3A Ashland (Boyd County) (9-3)
3A Boyd County (Boyd County) (5-5)
1A Fairview (Boyd County) (5-6)
1A Rose Hill (Boyd County) (No team)

2A East Carter (Carter County) (8-4)
2A West Carter (Carter County) (5-5)

3A Greenup County (Greenup County) (1-9)
1A Raceland (Greenup County) (7-4)
2A Russell (Greenup County) (14-1)

Coal Grove (OH) (6-4)
Ironton (OH) (10-3)
Portsmouth (OH) (2-8)
Portsmouth West (OH) (6-4)
Rock Hill (OH) (9-2)
South Point (OH) (6-4)

As you can see, there are some good teams in each class, and some not so great teams in each class. Greenup County and Boyd County would both have been better if they had better coaching (Greenup County) and if the players, parents, and coach's weren't fightings amonst each other (Boyd County and Greenup County).

Almost anywhere you look in the state you will most likely see extremely similar results. It's very difficult to pinpoint one school or such that is having well more than their share of quality players and success. Occassionally there will be a team that is just very good, that is normal. But, when you have the same success as being a state championship caliber team year after year even after graduation losses and you are able to just reload again. That is what brings doubt into peoples' minds about the integrity of any particular program. Are there teams that are just lucky for a few years and just have some excellent talent for 2-3 or maybe even 5 years? Of course. But when a team has the same state championship caliber success for 10 years and even decades with no end in site, that is a problem. The other largest problem in my eyes is the overnight team. I've personally seen this happen once in basketball at a private school. Rose Hill during 2000/2001 basketball season went 11-15 and scored only 1485 points and allowing 1534. The very next season, they had atleast 1 transfer from Russell, 3 from Ashland, and 3 from West Virginia. All of which played basketball and were freshmen or younger at the time with the exception of one. 4 of these players started the next season as Rose Hill went 27-4 while scoring 2427 points and allowing 1851. Not to mention the school itself only enrolls 75 or less students in grades 9-12 comined. This is the type of situation that requires a further look from the KHSAA.

That is why there is so much debate over the public/private split. The split won't help anyone in the long run, but it's obvious that they have received well more than a fair share of talent as a group and that is what in turn brings in the allegations of recruiting/illegal benefits/ whatever you want to call it.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Occassionally there will be a team that is just very good, that is normal. But, when you have the same success as being a state championship caliber team year after year even after graduation losses and you are able to just reload again. That is what brings doubt into peoples' minds about the integrity of any particular program. Are there teams that are just lucky for a few years and just have some excellent talent for 2-3 or maybe even 5 years? Of course. But when a team has the same state championship caliber success for 10 years and even decades with no end in site, that is a problem.
You have got to be kidding. So by your statements, if a team is consistently good then they must be cheating? Or possibly are? Puuulease. Don't you think that the feeder programs, coaching, and community support may have a rather large impact on this? Beechwood has simply had enormous talent, AMAZING caoching and insane community support forever, they must be cheating.

Highlands probably has the best feeder program in the state, they have their own and 100% of them go on to play at either NCC or Highlands. Dale is one of the best coaches in the state and they have insane community support also.

Newport Catholic, obviously coaching is good, they feed off the Ft. Thomas Junior league, and draw from mainly Campbell County. In fact, I'm not sure if anyone on the team this year lives outside of the county, I'm almost 100% sure they do not, and this is our first championship in 21 years, but we're always right there.

The public side of this argument is based on opinion and 0 facts.

If someone came on here and gave me some facts on a school that would be different, all I've heard is that Privates recruit it wouold be better without them. Prove it.

I say poublic schools recruit more than privates, prove me wrong.

I am very worked up about this issue b/c I can't stand seeing people shoot off about things they honestly have no clue about. (I'm not referring to you TomCat)
By either tonight or tomorrow night I'll have a somewhat extensive argument into the debate. The way it's looking as I'm doing it, it looks very informative.

Yes, those kinds of things do have great bearing. But, there are other schools who also have amazing coaching, insane community support, and feeder programs but don't have the same outrageous results for decades. It's not like there are only a handful of teams in the state with the same systems in place with great community support and coaching.

But no, a consistently good or great team is just that. A very good or great program. But a team for 10 years or decades on end with state championship teams year in and year out without EVER dropping off or having a down year brings suspicion in some people's eyes.

Another huge issue that I didn't mention is population of areas. In some larger areas, you have multiple schools to choose from. If you were a good players and wanted a ring, would you go to a good/mediocre team in the area, or the team with 7 championships in the last 10 years? That's not recruiting, but the will of student, but in the end has the same outcome. One program is losing a player to another program based on what that program can offer them. These situations need to be looked at. If a student is in one school system, and then decides to change systems, although it is of course their legal right to change schools as long as they do the correct paper work and such and pay any out of district fees that may be implied by the school system, more power to them, but they shouldn't be able to play in any KHSAA sanctioned sports if the sport(s) they are wanting to participate in were available at the school system they are coming from. That in my mind would be the easiest way to deal with any public schools who may try to recruit players or players who are wanting to go to "better" public schools. They say school is for education, not sports. That is absolutely true. If a student wants to transfer because he wants a better education, that's fine, but he should have to give up those extracurricular activities, atleast for a period of time. That is for public to public transfer.

As for any public to private transfer, it would be nice if the situation could be handled similarly, but it can't for obvious reasons. That is why there needs to be some sort of stiffer regulation on the situations, but a split is not needed. It would hurt both in the long run, but something does need to be done somewhere at some level.
98NCCalum Wrote:Recruit, of course we recruit

Well there you have it, the cat is out of the bag. You wouldn't believe how many private school backers would NEVER admit what you just said.

You logic is what is absurd. Since private schools recruit, the answer is to allow public schools to recruit? Nonsense. That is attempting to justify one wrong by allowing total wrongness.

High school athletics is about taking the kids IN YOUR DISTRICT, whose parents live in the district, and competing against other district players. It has gotten so far away from this it is sad. Winning at all costs is the norm in many places now.

Private schools have a definite advantage because they can pick and choose any student who enrolls. This is OK, that is why they are PRIVATE schools. However, when individuals take certain students because of the athletic ability, and actively search for athletically gifted students, the playing field is unbalanced. When public schools do this (and many do), it goes so against what high school sports are about, it is sad. Everyone wants to be a winner, but I'd rather have success with our district's kids than sell out.

That is why private schools should only compete against others like them when determining championships. To not do so takes away the chance for success for almost every public school out there. Yes, there is a great reward for the pitiful, poor public school to defeat the private school. However, for most school districts, this will almost NEVER happen. How would you like to attend one of these public schools knowing you would have to cheat to EVER win a state championship?
JUDGE140 Wrote:in response to Midee1, did i specifically mention Russel or are you just feeling guilty because you know that your school does give breaks or or thing to the parents of the student atheletes that come from outside your dist? I don't think i ever mentioned any specific school in my comments.

If you are going to start throwing that around, name any player (or multiple) that you feel meet this requirement? I'm very interested in hearing about this.
Tomcat68 Wrote:But no, a consistently good or great team is just that. A very good or great program. But a team for 10 years or decades on end with state championship teams year in and year out without EVER dropping off or having a down year brings suspicion in some people's eyes.
My senior year, 1998,we were 2-9.
Reponse?
The problem with your argument here though is that your idea of recruiting and what we do is totally different.

Do we advertise in local religious publications. Yes

Do we advertise in local papers. Yep

Do we have a pee-wee football team? Hell yes we do.

Is this recruiting? Absolutely not. It costs 5000 dollars a year to go to NCC, we have to advertise our school and what it offers.

I go back to the car reference, if a car company did not advertise would they survive? Nope.

If someone was giving away cars, for free. And we were giving away the exact same car under the exact same rules, but had to charge 5000 dollars for it, do you think we'll get the same customer base as you? Ridiculous.

Show me some facts and you have an argument, until then it is strictly mindless, biased, unproven thoughts from your mind.
Sponge Bob Wrote:High school athletics is about taking the kids IN YOUR DISTRICT, whose parents live in the district, and competing against other district players. It has gotten so far away from this it is sad. Winning at all costs is the norm in many places now.
This is another way we completely disagree. What makes where a kid lives BELONG to that district. That's insane. You say that "High school athletics is about taking the kids IN YOUR DISTRICT, whose parents live in the district, and competing against other district players." Show me where it says that. I put the challenge out to you to show me anywhere that that is said. You can't do it, so therefore it is your opinion. Prove me wrong.

Free country, if I in NKY wanted to go to Louisville Trinity, and my parents wanted me to go there, why should I not be allowed to do that? Besides you saying that you don't agree with it, tell why.

I'm sure you all will dance around these questions and answer me with an answer to a different question, but I can't wait to see what they are.
I would like to know the stats for the past 10 years in each class! Then I could make a decision on change or not! I think this information would help to show if change is needed in the future!
98NCCalum Wrote:My senior year, 1998,we were 2-9.
Reponse?
Did I ever say anything about NCC? I said teams that for decades on end have competed for a state championship. NCC doesn't fill that category.
98NCCalum Wrote:The problem with your argument here though is that your idea of recruiting and what we do is totally different.

Is this recruiting? Absolutely not. It costs 5000 dollars a year to go to NCC, we have to advertise our school and what it offers.

I go back to the car reference, if a car company did not advertise would they survive? Nope.

If someone was giving away cars, for free. And we were giving away the exact same car under the exact same rules, but had to charge 5000 dollars for it, do you think we'll get the same customer base as you? Ridiculous.

Show me some facts and you have an argument, until then it is strictly mindless, biased, unproven thoughts from your mind.

And once again that isn't recruiting. But when a coach or his staff goes and personally visits a player, takes him out to dinner, offers to somehow find a way to get his tuition paid for, somehow finds the young man spending money, finds him a person chaufer, etc, that is. And that is a problem. Do I know of any of these personal instances from any type of a reliable source? Outside of what happened at Rose Hill, no. But there is a screaming unbalancedness of the percentrage of state championships won by private schools as opposed to the percentage of private schools that compete in the sport. And in numerous cases the percentage isn't even close. That is what I'm basing my argument on that there needs to some type of stiffer regulation on athletes that TRANSFER to private schools. As I said before, a split will do nothing but hurt publics and privates in the long run.
98NCCalum Wrote:This is another way we completely disagree. What makes where a kid lives BELONG to that district. That's insane. You say that "High school athletics is about taking the kids IN YOUR DISTRICT, whose parents live in the district, and competing against other district players." Show me where it says that. I put the challenge out to you to show me anywhere that that is said. You can't do it, so therefore it is your opinion. Prove me wrong.

Free country, if I in NKY wanted to go to Louisville Trinity, and my parents wanted me to go there, why should I not be allowed to do that? Besides you saying that you don't agree with it, tell why.

I'm sure you all will dance around these questions and answer me with an answer to a different question, but I can't wait to see what they are.

I'll be the first to dance around this question and counter it with another question, since it's not my quote. Why are there district lines set into place? Since I know this would probably be the first question posed to your response and I will most certainly be on your side for this one 98. District lines are in place to ensure any and every child is in an area where they can receive a free education where simple things such as a bus ride to and from school can be secured for the child's good education.

If a student is privledged enough to be able to go to an out of district school and has the monetary funds and means to get to and from. Once again more power to them, but they should have to set out a set period of time athletically and extracurricularly.

Let's all keep in mind that although we all love sports. The NUMBER 1 thing about high school, districts, and all that good stuff is the education of the student. Not how many touchdowns they can score or how fast they can run.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I would like to know the stats for the past 10 years in each class! Then I could make a decision on change or not! I think this information would help to show if change is needed in the future!

I've slacked off today but by tomorrow morning I will post it here and start a new thread as well. But I will have color coded word documents with tables demonstrating every school under rules of the KHSAA and the sports in which they attend as well as the number of privates/publics competing in each sport with percentages.

There will also be a breakdown of total championships for that sport with percentages. As well as breakdowns for the past 10 and past 5 years in the sport with percentages. As well as an all-sports combined total championships, past 10 yeras and past 5 years.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I'll be the first to dance around this question and counter it with another question, since it's not my quote. Why are there district lines set into place? Since I know this would probably be the first question posed to your response and I will most certainly be on your side for this one 98. District lines are in place to ensure any and every child is in an area where they can receive a free education where simple things such as a bus ride to and from school can be secured for the child's good education.

If a student is privledged enough to be able to go to an out of district school and has the monetary funds and means to get to and from. Once again more power to them, but they should have to set out a set period of time athletically and extracurricularly.

Let's all keep in mind that although we all love sports. The NUMBER 1 thing about high school, districts, and all that good stuff is the education of the student. Not how many touchdowns they can score or how fast they can run.

:thumb::thumb:
98NCCalum Wrote:Recruit, of course we recruit,

98NCCalum Wrote:The problem with your argument here though is that your idea of recruiting and what we do is totally different.

Is this recruiting? Absolutely not.

I get the feeling it will not matter what I say, it will just be, how do you say it, "strictly mindless, biased, unproven thoughts from your mind." Hmmm, sound a little biased there yourself. By the way, one post says "we recruit", another says "absolutely not", which is it? :confused:

Personally, I don't have to prove my manhood to you. It seems that is what this entire thing is about. I get a good picture that in your posts really, no matter what anyone says, you will not waver from your opinion. Oh well. Let me try and address your questions (notice I am not dancing around it here)

98NCCalum Wrote:This is another way we completely disagree. What makes where a kid lives BELONG to that district. That's insane. You say that "High school athletics is about taking the kids IN YOUR DISTRICT, whose parents live in the district, and competing against other district players." Show me where it says that.
First, GOOD LORD SON, get off the high horse. I do say high school athletics is about taking kids IN YOUR DISTRICT, whose parents live in the district, and competing against other district players. Where does it say that? I just said that. What else are you looking for. I never ONCE said this is everyone opinion on the matter. It is MY OPINION! That is what I stated from the get go. Unfortunately, Moses did not bring that quote down from the Mountain! Get over yourself. What does the KHSAA state about my opinions? Well, of course KHSAA says nothing about what defines a school district. However, in their Transfer bylaws, it clearly states that for a legal transfer to occur, then there must be a bona fide change of address "from one school district or defined school attendance area into another school district or defined school attendance area." If this does not occur, a student MAY NOT participate in athletics. Why is that? Could it perhaps be because high school athletics are about taking your district students, and only your district students and playing sports with them? If it wasn't about this fact, why have a by law about it?

98NCCalum Wrote:I put the challenge out to you to show me anywhere that that is said. You can't do it, so therefore it is your opinion. Prove me wrong.

Sounds like you may need some coffee.

98NCCalum Wrote:Free country, if I in NKY wanted to go to Louisville Trinity, and my parents wanted me to go there, why should I not be allowed to do that? Besides you saying that you don't agree with it, tell why.
Sure, it is a free country, go whereever you want. However, this is my issue with where high school sports has gone. If you lived within the Campbell County school district, then BY GOD, play for them! If you want to play for another school, then have your parents move there! It's that simple. And if you lived in the Campbell County school distrcit, why would you NOT want to play for them? Think about the true reasons students transfer from the school district they live within to others...it's about successful programs, tradition, and all the jazz. Why would you be attracted to Louisville Trinity? Is it because of your catholic faith? If it was, then I'll be the first to pat you on the back and say good luck. If it was strictly about this, then why didn't you offer to go to St. Francis, Holy Cross? That is the point. You need to get to the root of why many private schools become so successful athletically. What attracts them to these EXPENSIVE private schools? Most of the time, it is recruitment and assistance in paying for tuition. Not every private school, of course, does this. But the athletically successful ones do! How about you prove me wrong on this!

Your arguments about recruiting students to attend your private schools is a VERY VALID one. They have to do this to ensure enrollment. This only further fuels my desire to see private schools compete separately. Unfortunately, when schools must go out and "gather up" the fold of students, too many times they gather the ones who are athletically gifted. They take the best there are to offer and entice them with tradition, success, and financial assistance. Is this fair? Of course not (from a public school's stand point). Allow them to recruit any athlete they want, just don't let them play for the same championships that the public schools (who go by the rules, and yes, we know not all public schools do this) also compete for. Recruiting a student for athletics is illegal (See Bylaw 10). Do public schools recruit? Of course, some do. KHSAA needs to better crack down on this issue. :rules:

Recruiting at private schools is a part of life. Please do not tell me that all private schools do not recruit solely on athletics. Too many times, they do. Rose Hill, Lexington Catholic (hey, they went from being a mediocre high school to winning state championships in 5 different sports since 1999, how did THAT happen?), are just a few examples of those who got caught. Do you know how blatant they must have been to have gotten caught? Jeez.

Just look at the results man! Lexington Catholic from 2003-2005 graduating classes, had 66 college athletes! How is that possible? Think about it dude.:yikes: How many public schools can boast that? I would bet NOT A ONE.

Private schools must recruit. This puts them in a gray area. How can you tell if they were recruited because they were just a kid who could pay tuition, or because they could help a sports team? You really cannot. That is the problem here. There is not a level playing ground here. Allow them to recruit anyone they want, but make them separate. I know you'll say, "Public schools recruit too!". Well, duh. But the KHSAA should crackdown on those institutions as well! Many out there think separating the public/private would be bad. Maybe, but for me, it is all about fairness in competition. What is bad about that?

98NCCalum Wrote:I'm sure you all will dance around these questions and answer me with an answer to a different question, but I can't wait to see what they are.
Look away. :Wave:
I think the problem with both of our arguments are that we agree that the system is fine the way it is. The KHSAA just needs to enforce it's rules.

We agree on that.

Lexington Catholic cheated, Lexington Christian cheated. Rose Hill cheated. Punish them. Go ahead, hey, last year Highlands cheated, and before that it was who? Harrodsburg who had an illegal player? I forget, why was there not an uproar to throw them out of the KHSAA?

My point is it's not just private schools that do this, and you absolutely can not lump all private schools together as cheaters when there are 3-4 bad eggs. There are more public schools out there doing the same thing.

The class system is the way we seperate schools in every single state in in the union, it's fair and consistent way to do things. And the rules just need to be enforced to make everything fair..

I still feel this is all a whirlwind coming down on all privates b/c so many people dislike, T, X and LC. You have issues with them fine, have issues with them, but don't alienate the little guys who DO follow the rules b/c your hatred for them.
98NCCalum Wrote:I think the problem with both of our arguments are that we agree that the system is fine the way it is. The KHSAA just needs to enforce it's rules.

We agree on that.

We do agree on that I guess. That is strictly my point! Enforce the rules across the board. The KHSAA has proven in the past that they will not. That is sad to me. With both private schools and public schools that cheat and recruit, the playing field is not balanced. I personally believe that private schools have an unfair advantage in athletics because they have to recruit students or go out of business. If they (the few private schools that do not recruit athletes in some form or fashion are from my experience the rare exception) bend the rules and unfairly recruit athletes, then something has to be done. If the KHSAA will not follow up and attempt to enforce anti-recruitment laws, then I don't know of any answer to solve the dilemma except to just let ALL private schools recruit athletes (like mini-universities) and separate them. As far as public schools that cheat and recruit, I say "First offense, stiff penalty. Second offense, ban them from post season play for life". It may sound harsh, but set the example and you may solve the problem.

98NCCalum Wrote:Lexington Catholic cheated, Lexington Christian cheated. Rose Hill cheated. Punish them. Go ahead, hey, last year Highlands cheated, and before that it was who? Harrodsburg who had an illegal player? I forget, why was there not an uproar to throw them out of the KHSAA?
If I had MY WAY, that is exactly what should have happened to them.

98NCCalum Wrote:My point is it's not just private schools that do this, and you absolutely can not lump all private schools together as cheaters when there are 3-4 bad eggs. There are more public schools out there doing the same thing.
If there are more public schools out there doing the same thing, it is solely because there are more public schools to choose from. I would guarantee you that there is a GREATER PERCENTAGE of private schools that do it than public. However, I'm not knocking you or your school, simply the privates that recruit student athletes.

98NCCalum Wrote:The class system is the way we seperate schools in every single state in in the union, it's fair and consistent way to do things. And the rules just need to be enforced to make everything fair..
I would agree 100%, but it has yet to happen, and I don't think it ever will.

98NCCalum Wrote:I still feel this is all a whirlwind coming down on all privates b/c so many people dislike, T, X and LC. You have issues with them fine, have issues with them, but don't alienate the little guys who DO follow the rules b/c your hatred for them.
I have ZERO hatred for any school, especially yours. I know absolutely NOTHING about your school. I am commenting solely on the issue at large. Sorry if I offended you. Not my intention.
:bounce: :giveup: :rock: