Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
52.50%
Prestonsburg
47.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Corbin 11/19
Thanks Blackcat Alum.

The thing that really stood out to me that may work in Corbin's advantage is that you said they like to spread things out with the jet sweeps and shotgun. While Corbin does run a conventional D, they do so while flying all over the place. It's really awkward to see because you think it's just going to be a simple man up D, then the ball is snapped and it's wild. Corbin's speed on D along with their mix it up style could pose some problems for the Pburg offense.

Corbin also has some very nice DB's. I don't put much into the 3 big plays Leslie had last week because honestly, I don't think there was much focus. Outside of that, they have caused a lot of turnovers via the passing game this year.

Corbin's O will mix it up a lot. They are still probably a 60-40 run team but throughout the playoffs have been utilizing the pass more. I suppose that's the good thing about mismatches in round 1 and 2. Cobb has a very good arm and Coppock, Jewell, Frederick, Taylor, and Foley are all good pass catchers.

The run game has been effective but not the dominant style we have seen in years past. The backs are more of the shifty types that get yards by making plays compared to just running you over in the past. Corbin also runs a lot of misdirection, sweeps, and Wildcat with Taylor. It should be a good game indeed. Here's to a safe travel to the black cat fans.
Have already marked the time off to come down and watch this one. :biggrin:
Pburg 34-27
Rootin for the Burg!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Pride and Football Wrote:Since its at Corbin, regaurdless of whose playin, it'll be hard to win.

True. It's hard to win at Corbin for a variety of reasons.

Pburg has a good shot in this one. I've seen Corbin play this year and this is one of the most unusual Corbin teams i have seen. By unusual i mean, no big time players. There's not really a kid on the team you can name off and everybody be like "he's very good". I think that's what Corbin lacks more of than anything this year. It seems every year they put on of those players on the field, like Watkins last year, or one of the Lawson's or something, but either way, it's more of a team effort in Corbin this year.

What scares me about Corbin is their lack of competition. I know they played Boyle this year, but you cant get a good read on a team when you know there going to get killed, and most of 2A is weak and Corbin's district has been one of the weakest in the state for years now. I don't completely fault Corbin for that, although they should have played up to 3A when it went to a 6 class system.
Corbin's going to be Corbin, there going to run the football. The reason you're not seeing as much of it this year is because they have no true power back, mostly athletic fast backs that like to work the ends.
I will say this will be one of the best games throughout the entire playoffs to watch.
Ill take Pburg 28-27 but don't be surprised to see a Corbin win by th same score.

Good luck to both teams on Friday
Red Hounds by 8.
I know to take the Daniel Boone to I-75, then south to the Corbin exit. Could someone give me directions from there ?
Not going against the Local team...GO BLACKCATS! Good Luck Bryson!
oneijoe Wrote:I know to take the Daniel Boone to I-75, then south to the Corbin exit. Could someone give me directions from there ?

Take I-75 to Corbin exit 25. Turn toward town off of the exit ramp (it should be left) This is Cumberland Falls Hwy. Keep going straight all the way down this road to the intersection of Main and 18th Street (a.k.a. Cumberland Falls HWY) You will see Walgreen's on your right and Hamlin and Kersey on your left. Turn left at the light. Travel down Main Street and then turn right under the overpass. When you go under the underpass you will see First Baptist Church in front of you on the left and the post office on the right. Behind First Baptist is a parking area and you can also park in the post office lot if there is room. Otherwise you can park on the street where you find a space and walk over to the stadium which is located behind the post office. This is a lot of words but I like to mention landmarks (they always help me) so I hope it helps. See you Friday evening! Go HOUNDS!!!:Cheerlead
oneijoe Wrote:I know to take the Daniel Boone to I-75, then south to the Corbin exit. Could someone give me directions from there ?

Exit 29 off of southbound I-75. Left (east) at the end of the exit. Go about a mile and make a right at the next light after Taco Bell (US 25 W). Go past the original KFC (maybe stop for a bite and a picture, if seems everyone else does) until the road dead ends. You should see the stadium in front of you to the left. Turn left and then turn right at the Hometown Bank of Corbin. Go to dead end, turn right and go across the bridge to Campbell Field. Depending on the time of arrival, you may need to start looking for parking at Hometown Bank of Corbin. It should be a great game.
Two paths, one destination.
Thanks, guys...

:thanks:
Corbin by 1 td
Pburg is very very good.

THe Blackcats have just such good protection upfront , and so many threats.

If Pburg puts Jamerson and Crisp on the same side, Teams dont have a saftey/corner combo to cover both.

If Pburg puts Jamerson at one Wide out, and Crisp on the opposite side, teams dont have a set of Corners to cover both, and have to bracket with the safteys and the middle of the field is just a play ground for the rest of the offense.

Pick your poison Corbin, Shelby Valley tried the Saftey/Corner combo and Crisp found those guys all over the field for big numbers

Pburg 34
Corbin 14
Did i mention that either Jamerson or Williams can line up at Wing Back and take the jet/speed sweep for six points at anytime. lol
I think this will be the hardest game of the week to pick. No real favorite here. Special teams will be the difference. Corbin by 1
Blackcats in a high scoring game
35-28
The Iceboxx Wrote:Pburg is very very good.

THe Blackcats have just such good protection upfront , and so many threats.

If Pburg puts Jamerson and Crisp on the same side, Teams dont have a saftey/corner combo to cover both.

If Pburg puts Jamerson at one Wide out, and Crisp on the opposite side, teams dont have a set of Corners to cover both, and have to bracket with the safteys and the middle of the field is just a play ground for the rest of the offense.

Pick your poison Corbin, Shelby Valley tried the Saftey/Corner combo and Crisp found those guys all over the field for big numbers

Did i mention that either Jamerson or Williams can line up at Wing Back and take the jet/speed sweep for six points at anytime. lol

WOW!!!! I might stay home. Is Bristol Palin still on Dancing With the Stars? Maybe someone has it recorded.
Pulling for the Cats. This game should come down to the final play. Two good football teams.
What I find interesting is if this was four years ago, ten years ago or longer this game would have been decided between the tackles, but now both teams are very diversified in their offensive schemes. My how things change yet still remain the same.
Does anyone know how many times these two programs have meet in the regional finals?
I'm gonna miss this annual showdown next year with the realignment.
I'll take the Hounds because there at home Hounds 31- Blackcats 27
prestonburg by a td in this one!
pburg by a late td, 28-21.
I think this Friday night will be a great game between Corbin and Prestonburg.
The two teams seem about even but hopefully Corbin can pull out the victory. Go Hounds :Clap:
This could be the game that decides the winner of 2A. I think this is going to be a game of completely different philosophies on offense but on defense these two teams flat get after it. I don't expect that this game makes it to the 30's. Whoever can find a hole in the opposing teams defense first will win this game. I think turnovers are going to mean more in this game than any all season and Pburg turned the ball over a few times last week against Middlesboro. I cannot wait for this game! Hail Blackcats!

Prestonsburg-20
Corbin-17
Corbin 21-14.
Two good Teams too bad one has to lose I still say Corbin in a good one 31-27