Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jumpers
64.38%
Bobcats
35.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Breathitt Co. 11/19
48-20 Somerset per Massey's.
It is nice now but probably not so nice after Somerset puts a big ole pump knot on BC's head!
Somerset
Jumpers roll...
oneijoe Wrote:Hope the Bobcats pretend it's the "Honey Bowl" all over again... THAT team can play with the Jumpers.

Don't know where that team went, but it needs to be found in a hurry...

TongueirateSho
Agree 100%. If Breathitt plays like they did against Prestonsburg, they win by 10+. If the team shows up that has played in all other games, they lose by 20+. I am not optimistic this year.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Agree 100%. If Breathitt plays like they did against Prestonsburg, they win by 10+. If the team shows up that has played in all other games, they lose by 20+. I am not optimistic this year.

So if I understand you Prestonsburg and Somerset are relatively equal teams? Breathitt rolled P'burg easily, playing what most consider their best game of the year.

Granted I know next to nothing about P'burg just wondering how they compare to Somerset.
djttrbm Wrote:it's so refreshing to see all these positive comments posted instead of putting each other down.Hope the game goes the same way and good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries on either side.Go Bobcats!
Yes it nice to see that. There's no need for putting each other down and trash talk. That just shows ignorance in my opinion. I hope there are no injuries on either side too only a good clean game. Go Bobcats!
Jumper Dad Wrote:So if I understand you Prestonsburg and Somerset are relatively equal teams? Breathitt rolled P'burg easily, playing what most consider their best game of the year.

Granted I know next to nothing about P'burg just wondering how they compare to Somerset.
Somerset is better than Prestonsburg. It is my opinion that Breathitt has to come out and play on the level they played against Prestonsburg to win. I understand Somerset is very good, I am not saying they are not. BHS may not win by 10+ points if they play their best, but one point or 100 points really does not matter. I think Somerset will win by 14+, but I hope I am wrong.

Going with the Jumpers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Somerset is better than Prestonsburg. It is my opinion that Breathitt has to come out and play on the level they played against Prestonsburg to win. I understand Somerset is very good, I am not saying they are not. BHS may not win by 10+ points if they play their best, but one point or 100 points really does not matter. I think Somerset will win by 14+, but I hope I am wrong.

I understand what you are saying. I wasn't being smart about it, I have been told that P'burg runs about the same O that Somerset does. I honestly was wondering how they compare to each other.
RadioVeteran says Somerset moves on!!!
Jumper Dad Wrote:I understand what you are saying. I wasn't being smart about it, I have been told that P'burg runs about the same O that Somerset does. I honestly was wondering how they compare to each other.

well i think somerset wins this 54 to 35 with trey slaughter leading the way on defense :Thumbs:
Breathitt will need to play better then they have ALL year this game...if there game steps up they will win...this game is gonna be all about heart for the Bobcats...i say breathitt could play with anyone....in all of their losses this year they had the chances to win or atleast make it close, but it just went the wrong way....Ive watched EVERY game this year and i know they can do this...they games they have lost all happend to be some calls just dont going their way which changed the out come of these games...Mainly this team will be able to roll as long as they can keep their heads in the game, dont lose control, STAY CALM, and play like we all know they can...LETS GO BOBCATS!
Againstme! Wrote:Breathitt will need to play better then they have ALL year this game...if there game steps up they will win...this game is gonna be all about heart for the Bobcats...i say breathitt could play with anyone....in all of their losses this year they had the chances to win or atleast make it close, but it just went the wrong way....Ive watched EVERY game this year and i know they can do this...they games they have lost all happend to be some calls just dont going their way which changed the out come of these games...Mainly this team will be able to roll as long as they can keep their heads in the game, dont lose control, STAY CALM, and play like we all know they can...LETS GO BOBCATS!

I wouldn't say "bad calls" influenced the outcome of the games in which the bobcats lost. The reason the bobcats have lost four games this year is due to them being young and turning the ball over at crucial moments in each game. If the bobcats can play mistake free football they have a chance at an upset but if they turn the ball over like they have at times this year this game could get ugly. Go Bobcats!!!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:I wouldn't say "bad calls" influenced the outcome of the games in which the bobcats lost. The reason the bobcats have lost four games this year is due to them being young and turning the ball over at crucial moments in each game. If the bobcats can play mistake free football they have a chance at an upset but if they turn the ball over like they have at times this year this game could get ugly. Go Bobcats!!!!

which is kind of what i was say...i'm not saying bad calls either some of them were calls tht needed to be called but turnover i have to agree with...and this would all fit into Mistake free football...no dumb flags or turnover. :Thumbs: B-O-B-C-A-T-S
Bobcats roll.
The Jumpers should win, however it won't be as easy as last season. Somerset will have to make a long drive to become the region champ.
Bobcats
Jumper Dad Wrote:I understand what you are saying. I wasn't being smart about it, I have been told that P'burg runs about the same O that Somerset does. I honestly was wondering how they compare to each other.
The thing about Prestonsburg is that they always play at another level against Breathitt. That in my opinion made that win more eye opening. I know you were not being smart.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Somerset is better than Prestonsburg. It is my opinion that Breathitt has to come out and play on the level they played against Prestonsburg to win. I understand Somerset is very good, I am not saying they are not. BHS may not win by 10+ points if they play their best, but one point or 100 points really does not matter. I think Somerset will win by 14+, but I hope I am wrong.

If Breathitt plays like they did against Prestonsburg they will be very tough, especially at home. What do you think happens if BOTH teams play their best game?
Norm Peterson Wrote:If Breathitt plays like they did against Prestonsburg they will be very tough, especially at home. What do you think happens if BOTH teams play their best game?
I really do not know because I have not seen Somerset play, so I can not give an educated opinion on them. The only game I have seen Breathitt play all year was the Campbellsville game. It was probably the worst performance I have seen from the Bobcats in years. They looked slow and I was really suprized that they beat SC and Prestonsburg, but they must have improved from that 1st game. Breathitt has not been playing well defensively, and Somerset seems to be able to score against the teams on their schedule that are descent, so I think the Bobcats will have more than their hands full in the game. I hope Bobcats can pull off the upset, stranger things have happened. (EX.....Somerset\Taylor)a couple years ago. After that game, I know anything is possible anytime two teams hit each other.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I hope Bobcats can pull off the upset, stranger things have happened. (EX.....Somerset\Taylor)a couple years ago. After that game, I know anything is possible anytime two teams hit each other.

That Taylor team had unpresidented talent for them. Stud transfer from either Boyle or Danvile and a great little strong running back. I take nothing away from them, but SHS was crazy young that year.
Should be a very interesting game come friday night. If Breathitt comes out flat like the games they play versus Johnson Central and Hazard, Ill be leave by halftime cause the game has the potential to get out of hand. Breathitt has to come out ready to play, ready to take a punch and ready to dish some out. If they can do that, Somerset will have a heck of a team to beat in Breathitt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I really do not know because I have not seen Somerset play, so I can not give an educated opinion on them. The only game I have seen Breathitt play all year was the Campbellsville game. It was probably the worst performance I have seen from the Bobcats in years. They looked slow and I was really suprized that they beat SC and Prestonsburg, but they must have improved from that 1st game. Breathitt has not been playing well defensively, and Somerset seems to be able to score against the teams on their schedule that are descent, so I think the Bobcats will have more than their hands full in the game. I hope Bobcats can pull off the upset, stranger things have happened. (EX.....Somerset\Taylor)a couple years ago. After that game, I know anything is possible anytime two teams hit each other.

I know anything can happen in a high school football game. I guess my main point is a lot of posters are making a point of if Breathitt plays well then they will win. My question is that if both teams play to their full potential do they think Breathitt is better than Somerset? Obviously if Breathitt plays their best and Somerset doesn't it will be a long night for the Jumpers. However, I just feel like Somerset is more experienced and a little better than the Bobcats this season. I think if both teams play to their potential the game belongs to Somerset--but by no means do I expect it to be easy.

Either way we'll find out Friday. I'm looking forward to coming to Jackson, I've seen the field on WYMT and it looks like a great atmosphere for a football game. I was on the chain crew last year during the playoff game and the Bobcat coaches and players were first class. They have nothing but respect from me. I'm pulling for my Briar Jumpers to win but if they don't I'll be for Breathitt the rest of the way.
Somerset by 14. The Briar Jumpers may do it all this year.
has somerset had to play from being down all season and fight their way back. i wonder how they will handel it if they get down by a touchdown or 2. i know breathitt fought back against sheldon clark i the 4th quarter after being down by 2 touchdown. this could be a factor to chnge the game bobcats=regional champs
I remember watching last year's semi-finals and I thought that Somerset team
looked mighty strong and talented. And I understand they are even better this year, thus they are a formidable opponent for any 3A team.

I have seen Breathitt play once this year and they were very good in spurts, but not consistent. But that was early in the season and I believe they have improved somewhat.

I do think, however, that Somerset will win by a couple of tds. Too much high powered offense for Breathitt to overcome.
The Brair jumpers by 30+
8477 Wrote:has somerset had to play from being down all season and fight their way back. i wonder how they will handel it if they get down by a touchdown or 2. i know breathitt fought back against sheldon clark i the 4th quarter after being down by 2 touchdown. this could be a factor to chnge the game bobcats=regional champs
That plan sounds GREAT!!!!! Only thing is... not going to happen! Somerset will score early and often. There is a reason SHS hasn't had to play from behind this season, they are that good! BC won't even sniff a 2 score lead. Sorry Bobcats, season ends Friday, SHS 52-15.
Forever Maroon Wrote:That plan sounds GREAT!!!!! Only thing is... not going to happen! Somerset will score early and often. There is a reason SHS hasn't had to play from behind this season, they are that good! BC won't even sniff a 2 score lead. Sorry Bobcats, season ends Friday, SHS 52-15.

Then why did you vote for Breathitt County in the poll? You and Gitback Coach confuse the heck out of me.....:biggrin:but then again that doesn't take much. Either way, good luck at Harlan County Friday. Hopefully we have 2 Region Champs in Pulaski County again this season.

Oh, Somerset was down 7-0 early and 7-6 at halftime to Southwestern in the Correll Bowl before winning 23-7.