Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
34.00%
Harlan County
66.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Harlan County 11/12
Yogibear Wrote:They throw better than given credit for.

It may appear that way but honestly its only because we break open a play action for a 70 or 80 yard td pass every game because the defense is expecting the run so much.

This was before last weeks game so our stats look a little better after that blowout win.

We have over 3000 yards rushing this year and only 833 passing.

Heres a look at our stat leaders

Passing
Travis Inman- 35 of 75 for 769 yards passing with 8 interceptions.
Threw the regular season games we averaged 7.5 pass attempts per game, with most of them coming late in the 4th while being down.

Receiving

Justin Goins- 27 catches for 680 yards for an average 25 yards per catch! See what i mean by catching them off guard.

Justin Singleton- 4 catches for 56 yards

Rushing

Cody Bramlett (Fullback)- only nine games played with 122 rush attempts for 922 yards, he is well over a thousand after last week more like 1100.

Jordan Chute (backup Fullback)- 97 rush attmepts for 513 yards. Hes over 600 now after last week.

Jordan Singleton (running back)- 53 attempts for for 793 yards. Close to 900 now after last week.

Cody Bowlin (running back)- 56 attempts for 420 yards. He should be over 500 now after last week.

As you can see our back up fullback has over 600 yards after last week, so i think that explains what ive been saying.
Filthy Animal Wrote:What's up with RunItUpTheGut giving away tips to beat Whitley?...you sure YOU don't want to sit with us?.....:lmao:...:lmao:

LOL im sure mr. Larkey already knows these "tips". If hes got a vcr and eyes its pretty obvious.
BB CLAW Wrote:The Black Bears are focused 100% on Whitley County and expecting another battle this Friday Night. These Black Bear Seniors don't intend on it ending and will lead to victory. Whitley will have the same intentions. The Bears know they must deal with Bramlett and others, also the pass as well. The Bears will be coming and coming hard, right at 'em, no tricks, right at 'em. The Filthy Animals will be Filthier than ever, again this Friday, and will make every attempt to completely stop Whitley. This is the biggest game of the season and the Bears know it. Either you go in and take it ......or it ends. The Bears must take control and take care of the ball. SMACK'EM IN THE MOUTH AND SLAP THEIR EYEBALLS OUT AND TAKE IT!!!!!!GO BLACK BEARS!!!!

:theman:

I love you man!!!!
William Muney Wrote:The fanatics of Harlan Co. maybe in for another let down?

I am sure Whitley has a good idea about HC's defense since they have now played HC, North and Rock. All in the Tony Saylor bear-crawler defense.

Bramlett setting out a game may have been a blessing. He should have fresh legs now.

The fanatics of Harlan Co are pumped up and ready.
Our boys are focused and ready to take Whitley down, no doubt!!!
the FILTHY ANIMALS are focused on Bramlett and they know how to get the job done.
whitley :ChairHit: HC BLACK BEARS
Aslan Wrote:Gladly.

Got something against the Black Bears, Aslan?
William Muney Wrote:The fanatics of Harlan Co. maybe in for another let down?

I am sure Whitley has a good idea about HC's defense since they have now played HC, North and Rock. All in the Tony Saylor bear-crawler defense.

Bramlett setting out a game may have been a blessing. He should have fresh legs now.

Don't expect the same thing big boy
Black Bear Mama Wrote:The fanatics of Harlan Co are pumped up and ready.
Our boys are focused and ready to take Whitley down, no doubt!!!
the FILTHY ANIMALS are focused on Bramlett and they know how to get the job done.
whitley :ChairHit: HC BLACK BEARS
This garbage contributes nothing to the thread.
HAT51 Wrote:Got something against the Black Bears, Aslan?

Why of course not.
[SIZE="3"]Does anyone eles feel like there is few remains of the PCC game that keep hanging around?....I thought we chewed them up pretty good!.....but I guess we forgot to wipe completely!...lol..:flush:

[/SIZE][IMG][/IMG]

[SIZE="3"]HC has had a great season!...they are 9-2....going on to the 2nd round of the playoffs!.....Whitley has struggled a bit more going into it with 6-5!....but they are comming on strong now.....both teams have fought hard to get where they are.....and at this point I think it is a even match!....of course I'm pulling for my Black Bears!.....I think they can go all the way!

Confusedmallchee
GO HC BLACK BEARS!!!!!!:football::football::football:
[/SIZE]
Harlan Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Filthy Animal Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Does anyone eles feel like there is few remains of the PCC game that keep hanging around?....I thought we chewed them up pretty good!.....but I guess we forgot to wipe completely!...lol..:flush:

[/SIZE][IMG][/IMG]

[SIZE="3"]HC has had a great season!...they are 9-2....going on to the 2nd round of the playoffs!.....Whitley has struggled a bit more going into it with 6-5!....but they are comming on strong now.....both teams have fought hard to get where they are.....and at this point I think it is a even match!....of course I'm pulling for my Black Bears!.....I think they can go all the way!

Confusedmallchee
[/SIZE]

The only thing that could have been funnier about this post if that football had been superman instead. :biggrin:
Filthy Animal Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Does anyone eles feel like there is few remains of the PCC game that keep hanging around?....I thought we chewed them up pretty good!.....but I guess we forgot to wipe completely!...lol..:flush:

[/SIZE][IMG][/IMG]

Confusedmallchee
[/SIZE]

3 of Whitley's Losses were against teams that would have given the Black Bears trouble.....
1 of which(Bell County) gave them A LOT of trouble.
The other 2 being Belfry and Lex. Catholic.
Whitley is peaking right now.
Everyone can get on here and say you're fully focused on the game at hand.
But we all know the kids are looking ahead to Pulaski.
As a High School Football player you can't help it.
zaga_fan Wrote:3 of Whitley's Losses were against teams that would have given the Black Bears trouble.....

Well since I'll be on Log Mountain watching Bell take on LC I wish the best of luck to both teams. I don't know about a prediction from me just yet???????
Whitley struggled through most of the season but has started playing much better of late.
Whitley also played almost evenly with Harlan Co. earlier in the season.
Overall Harlan Co. still might have the best team?????
It's at Cawood. Advantage of course to the home team.
I'm trying to also compare them by how they played against Bell. Hard to do that because neither game was much to watch.
If I gave a prediction now it would be Harlan Co. But, not just yet. Still trying to settle on it. Either way, good luck to both. Hope the winner keeps tracking towards Bowling Green.
I'll take Harlan Co. at home on this one.
Other then the Bell county game game Harlan County has clicked/played well since week 2. I am very confident in our Filthy Animals. It all comes down to who can run the ball. Go Bears!!!
Patriot Wrote:Other then the Bell county game game Harlan County has clicked/played well since week 2. I am very confident in our Filthy Animals. It all comes down to who can run the ball. Go Bears!!!

Comes down to Defense! Statistically it looks like HC has the edge. They have consistently came out and stopped other teams minus the first game of the year and the almighty Bobcats. They are preparing for the game Friday. The players, coaches, fans, and especially the seniors do NOT want this to be their last game. They aren't looking ahead to anyone. If they lose, that's it and I don't think they are ready to hang their pads up just yet. Also, I'm not too sure that Pulaski beats Clay. That game hasn't been played yet and I bet the Tigers have other plans.
The final practice is over for this week and tomorrow its on. Black Bears need to get a good night sleep and at 7:30 tomorrow evening open that can of...... FILTHY ANIMALS and take care of their task at hand. It won't be easy. It will take a big bust'em up night from the Filthy Animal Defense and staying with assignments. Black Bears must take care of the ball and the O-Line must do as they have been doing. The Black Bears WILL pound it down their throat. Right at Bramlett! Nothing left to do but doing it! Seniors, see it done! LAY THE CHUNK TO 'EM!!!GO BLACK BEARS!!!
BB CLAW Wrote:The final practice is over for this week and tomorrow its on. Black Bears need to get a good night sleep and at 7:30 tomorrow evening open that can of...... FILTHY ANIMALS and take care of their task at hand. It won't be easy. It will take a big bust'em up night from the Filthy Animal Defense and staying with assignments. Black Bears must take care of the ball and the O-Line must do as they have been doing. The Black Bears WILL pound it down their throat. Right at Bramlett! Nothing left to do but doing it! Seniors, see it done! LAY THE CHUNK TO 'EM!!!GO BLACK BEARS!!!

Umm...I thought they were playing on Friday like everyone else? Today is only Wednesday
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Talk about cant wait. I lost a day. Black Bears will have pregame tomorrow and then open that can Friday. I really can't wait. I love those Bears, you gotta love 'em, and the game they play. I wish it was already Friday 7:30 pm. GO BLACK BEARS!!!
BB CLAW Wrote:Talk about cant wait. I lost a day. Black Bears will have pregame tomorrow and then open that can Friday. I really can't wait. I love those Bears, you gotta love 'em, and the game they play. I wish it was already Friday 7:30 pm. GO BLACK BEARS!!!

LOL, thats what I figured! You just can't wait for friday to hurry up and get here so your trying to make it come faster!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Harlan by 7
zaga_fan Wrote:3 of Whitley's Losses were against teams that would have given the Black Bears trouble.....

Zaga,
Are you always trying to pick a fight?
Everyone knows we have a great head coach and staff and that's their job. No doubt they think about going on and even going to state but they have been prepared mentally and physically for this week. THey have studied this team and they are only FOCUSED on the task at hand. I have no doubt.
Whitley by 10 they are peaking at the right time, could be by more would not suprise me
Black Bear Mama Wrote:Zaga,
Are you always trying to pick a fight?
Everyone knows we have a great head coach and staff and that's their job. No doubt they think about going on and even going to state but they have been prepared mentally and physically for this week. THey have studied this team and they are only FOCUSED on the task at hand. I have no doubt.

I have my doubts.
I am hearing HC is getting healthy again. Could prove to be problematic for WC. I have no words for Calton & Fields moving to the backfield to block. Talk about putting POWER in the Power I.

Whitley is peaking at the right time. Could be a bunch of 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust. I can't wait! In my opinion this could lead to the biggest football game in Harlan County since Cumberland beat Beechwood in the mid to late 80's. IS HC looking ahead I'm sure, but I assure Larkey is one of the best at preparing kids for big games. Been doing it against Dudley for a long time.
Come on Guys/Gals...Lets keep this on HarlanCo/Whitley Co. Perry Central's season ended last week.
These last few weeks have been the most pathetic display ever on this site! I'm sure a mod would tell you to get a life, how can we help but bring it up you will not stay out of a Harlan County thread since the game always picking against us.

As far as Whitley I believe one of those losses Harlan County gave them trouble.
Whats harlans overall passing game looking like this year?
We didn't attempt a pass last week, if that tells you anything.
BB CLAW Wrote:Talk about cant wait. I lost a day. Black Bears will have pregame tomorrow and then open that can Friday. I really can't wait. I love those Bears, you gotta love 'em, and the game they play. I wish it was already Friday 7:30 pm. GO BLACK BEARS!!!

[SIZE="3"]LOVE the enthusiasm!!!!...:Thumbs:

I'm with you all the way!....Also heard the FILTHY ANIMALS were so reved up they found a stray Colonel wandering around and ate him whole!!!....Man, do those Black Bears hunger for victory!!!
[/SIZE]

[IMG][/IMG]

[SIZE="3"]Enjoy the appetizer boys!

Main course is Friday night!!!!!

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!Confusedmallchee
[/SIZE]
Patriot Wrote:We didn't attempt a pass last week, if that tells you anything.

I figured that was about what it was, that works on teams close to home, yet when you go up against speed first teams that like the spread there hard to beat because offense usually reflects defense.
Power football is the bread and butter of Whitley as well but i expect Whitley to load the box more this week than they did the first time these two met.
I would think Whitley will try to limit the 5-6 yards per carry game like Harlan likes to get.