Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central - What is it going to take to get a strong program?
What does Perry County Central need? They have a real good energetic young coach with a lot of football experience. A couple assistants that played College Football. What is it going to take to get the largest school in Southeastern Kentucky where it needs to be? Where would you start?
They have real good coaches at the high school so the only other thing I see them needing is a new stadium. Put some money into the program, show the kids that you care about football.
^Agreed

Football will never be succesful unless some money is put into it.
We have the best basketball gym in the region and we use a football field that an elementary school uses for recess....
I agree a new stadium or field would help, although I am a Hazard fan, I would like to see Perry have a better program or have some postseason success.

Watched them a couple of times this year, Coach Haddix has great energy and knows the game.

I think a problem Perry has, is as soon as the leafs start to fall and it turns cold, some of the kids, some of the fanbase, and some of the school adminstration start thinking about basketball. It seems like every year they start off good and then its like they loose interest or focus on football.

Coach Pray does a great job with there middle school team, but there youth programs(4th thru 6th grade) have been down the last couple of years, because they want to quit by the end of September and start playing basketball.

Hopefully Coach Haddix can keep out good numbers and keep kids focused on football. PCC fans should be excited and get behind these kids, because next years team could be really special, with the talent they have coming back.
The coaches dont want to quit CADEREECE. The kids and their parents quit here in Perry County. They have 4 inner county teams, Bebo Combs coached a travel team that ALL the 6th graders could of played on, Ronnie Long coaches a travel team that just finished up playing. ANY 6th GRADER in the County could of played for him. Kids and parents choose not to, why I dont know. Ronnie Long and Gene Smith are great guys. Kids 5-6th grade had a great opportunity to play football. The 5th/6th grade inner county teams played an 8 game schedule, we also played Hindman, Emmalena, Mt. View, and WB Muncy. Bebo Combs played about 6 or 7 games with his travel team. So thats 14 to 20 games. Thats a ton of football for a 6th grade kid. The opportunity to play football in Perry County is better now than it ever has been. And none of these coaches get paid to do it either. They love the kids.
The work should have started yesterday if PCC wants to be successful. I assure you as soon as Bell, Harlan Co., Knox Cent or Johnson Cent get beat out they will be back working the following Monday for the 2011 season. That is what it takes to be an elite Mtn team. They have to work as hard in Jan as they do in July.

Being a good Basketball school is not an excuse. The kids that need the weight room and agilities are not basketball players anyway.
warmachine Wrote:They have real good coaches at the high school so the only other thing I see them needing is a new stadium. Put some money into the program, show the kids that you care about football.

Agreed
Consolidation? Just a thought...
^I'd be fine with that Wink
I'd gladly welcome Hazard and the whole coaching staff!
Fan support and spend some money on a new field.
I read all this stuff and nowhere I do I see the one suggestion that makes more difference that anything...Every kid that had intentions of playing football needs to stay back a year in grade school. Every succesful team is full of holdbacks. That will make more immediate difference than anything. Next the team must get strong and work on agility. Teach your kids to run correctly (arms swinging side to side is not correct) in grade school. Start developing QB arms and timing in the middle school program. To go the distance you have to mix run and throw.......Finally employ the services of 3 fine prophets that actually have a clue of how the game of football is played.
^I'm no prophet but I have had some success with Praying with the team before games Wink
A new field or more money in the program will not make a team play better.
^It couldn't hurt.
When I was at Perry we beat Hazard in Basketball and the county bought the ball team and cheerleaders frostys from Wendy's.
Football team gets a big win and no one cares.
There's no way it would hurt.
RoShamBo Wrote:Consolidation? Just a thought...

I don't know how well that would work with the rivalry between the two and at sometimes it seems they just downright have hatred towards eachother.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
With a school that big, they souldn't have anyone that play both ways. They sould have put the money into the football program from day one. That just should the kids that they don't care about football there.
leecoukfan Wrote:I don't know how well that would work with the rivalry between the two and at sometimes it seems they just downright have hatred towards eachother.

From a former student standpoint.
Perry students and Hazard students don't hate each other lol
It's the idiot parents an politicians that cause all the trouble!
Your are right the high school needs a new field . And give the old one to the middle school and we need a middle school there was 8 or 10 kids from schools like leatherwood and 4 or 5 would have to ride with 1 kid and some days they would have a ride and some days they wouldn't and you can't have a good team when you have 56 and two weeks later have 25 you just can't have good teams like that any ideas
Starts at the youth level. Coach Haddix needs to show more interest in the youth programs than the previous coach. You see the HS basketball coaches during the grade school season all year long. Coach Haddix just needs to be seen by these young players. He only has 1 year under his belt now. He was a success as a player in HS and college and an assistant under Holcomb. Good chance he has learned something along the way to help. Plus, I agree that they need to put some more money into the facilities. Always helps encourage the players. Of course it takes hard work on the practice field to win not a million dollar stadium, but that would help get the interest.
you guys should go by the field house during the season and talk to coach haddix I stoped by number of times and set and talked to bob and watched the boys and when the high school was done I've seen haddix running and helping with the middle school. I just wish he would run the ball more . just me
kenorgia Wrote:you guys should go by the field house during the season and talk to coach haddix I stoped by number of times and set and talked to bob and watched the boys and when the high school was done I've seen haddix running and helping with the middle school. I just wish he would run the ball more . just me

They have some good power backs.
They just don't seem to use them a lot.
kenorgia Wrote:Your are right the high school needs a new field . And give the old one to the middle school and we need a middle school there was 8 or 10 kids from schools like leatherwood and 4 or 5 would have to ride with 1 kid and some days they would have a ride and some days they wouldn't and you can't have a good team when you have 56 and two weeks later have 25 you just can't have good teams like that any ideas

I can see way the kids from Leatherwood don't play middle school football. If they do they wont get home until 8 or 9 or later. How many parents would let there kids stay out like that on a school night.
Does anyone know 2011 schedule someone said its nothing like this years
cj2561 Wrote:I can see way the kids from Leatherwood don't play middle school football. If they do they wont get home until 8 or 9 or later. How many parents would let there kids stay out like that on a school night.

Heck....
I don't like working in Hazard and living in L-Wood lol
I guess its better for them to be in places where they don't need to be or seting on there butts playing games on xbox or not knowing at all because the kids I see dont go home at 8 or 9
kenorgia Wrote:Does anyone know 2011 schedule someone said its nothing like this years

I know there are only 3 District games but we are looking to have a Bowl with Clay County.
that's what's wrong my mom went out of her way to make sure me and my brother played and we just didnt play football
RoShamBo Wrote:Consolidation? Just a thought...

how about not....
Has anyone heard about Perry Centrals Schedule for Next Year?
Look for Knox and Johnson Central to be on the schedule.