Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
62.50%
Mason County
37.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Mason County 11/12
MC only beat ER by 21. I believe Belfry is more then battle contested to out play the Royals. Belfry by 14
Calpreps Predicts the score using the Massay Calculator Mason County 26-21 http://www.Calpreps.com
ive watched mason on film and boggs is a much better passer than paswatt more mobile as well. ER stayed within 21 belfry will take you to the woodshed! BHS 42 MC 21
Pawsat is better than Boggs. Pawsat can adlib much more and make plays under pressure.
FBALL Wrote:Pawsat is better than Boggs. Pawsat can adlib much more and make plays under pressure.

Agreed. Pawsatt is good enough to be recruited by Illinois, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.
Good Luck Belfry
I have seen them both and i to think pawsitt is better than boggs but i also believe mason is alot better than pcc...
Belfry0304 Wrote:Does he play defense too? We don't gotta stop him, just contain him.

He will play safety when they need him to.
wise1 Wrote:I have seen them both and i to think pawsitt is better than boggs but i also believe mason is alot better than pcc...

I agree. Besides having Pawsat, Josh Harris is the best football player in Eastern Kentucky.
Stardust Wrote:Belfry cannot stop Pawsatt

they stopped Boggs from PCC, which one is better, or should i say slowed him down in the second half..
I hope Belfry doesnt try to be cute. I honestly hope they come out and just fun Willis and Runyon up the gut play after play. As long as they dont hurt themselves with penalties, I think the Pirates can control the line of scrimmage.

Haywood should try to get cute. Pound the rock until they prove they can stop it.
wise1 Wrote:I have seen them both and i to think pawsitt is better than boggs but i also believe mason is alot better than pcc...

mason isnt better than pcc ive seen them both play and broke down films on both i havent seen the russell pcc score but from the sounds of it pcc had a let down taking nothing away from russell they fought to the end just stating my opinion.
Mason is better than PCC at every positon. The Royal are a faster, stronger and more athletic at every skill position than the Hawks.
FBALL Wrote:Mason is better than PCC at every positon. The Royal are a faster, stronger and more athletic at every skill position than the Hawks.

Are they physical? Or will Belfry's hard hitting defense cause problems for the Royals? The way you guys make it seem, we don't got much of a chance!
MC
Belfry
Couple of questions....

1. Does Mason County have turf or grass?
2. How is the visitor side seating?
Pirate Pal Wrote:Couple of questions....

1. Does Mason County have turf or grass?
2. How is the visitor side seating?

Grass field.... and according to what I just heard, depending upon how many of the "angry red" travel... it may not hold everyone! LOLOL.... But, from what I was told, it's a decent complex just a long drive...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
East Ridge and West Carter both played Belfry and Mason this season and the results are listed below...

Mason -41
East Ridge -20

Mason -39
West Carter -20

Belfry -52
East Ridge -0

Belfry -42
West Carter -7

Based on this, it looks like Belfry would have an advantage. Mason is at home, so that will give them an advantage.
If Belfry can build a lead and not turn the ball over, they will advance....they should be able to line it up and run the ball and the clock...The Pirates should advance. This will be a tough game and could be really close....I dont see a high scoring game at all
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry0304 Wrote:Are they physical? Or will Belfry's hard hitting defense cause problems for the Royals? The way you guys make it seem, we don't got much of a chance!

They are physical. They are fast. Belfry will have an advantage up front though. Like I said earlier. This game is a coin flip to me.
FBALL Wrote:They are physical. They are fast. Belfry will have an advantage up front though. Like I said earlier. This game is a coin flip to me.

I just wonder if they're physical enough. This group of Belfry boys, like any Belfry boys, like to hit. I'm excited.

Hope the Royals like opposing fans, the students are bringing a fan bus.
phs1986 Wrote:Grass field.... and according to what I just heard, depending upon how many of the "angry red" travel... it may not hold everyone! LOLOL.... But, from what I was told, it's a decent complex just a long drive...
The field and stadium at Mason County are very nice. The field is bermuda grass. Usually in very good shape.

There are more seats on the visitors side at Maysville than what Belfry has at CAM. There should be plenty of room.

Overall it is one of the better places in Eastern Kentucky to watch a game.

The drive isn't bad either. 23 to the AA takes you straight to It. It's about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from Russell.

Also there are plenty of Places to eat close to the stadium. Shouldn't be a bad trip at all for the Belfry fans.
BelfryPride Wrote:East Ridge and West Carter both played Belfry and Mason this season and the results are listed below...

Mason -41
East Ridge -20

Mason -39
West Carter -20

Belfry -52
East Ridge -0

Belfry -42
West Carter -7

Based on this, it looks like Belfry would have an advantage. Mason is at home, so that will give them an advantage.
If Belfry can build a lead and not turn the ball over, they will advance....they should be able to line it up and run the ball and the clock...The Pirates should advance. This will be a tough game and could be really close....I dont see a high scoring game at all

Hard to compare scores. Especially considering Cline got injured the first series
when Belfry played West last week.
FBALL Wrote:Hard to compare scores. Especially considering Cline got injured the first series
when Belfry played West last week.

and considering Stevan Gibbs and Josh Dixon were out against East Ridge. I don't think you can compare 'em. I think we're in for a great game Friday night.
I want to pick BELFRY but don't know what team will show up for BELFRY.BELFRY has a very good team and playoff time they usually get better.HAYWOOD will have BELFRY ready,he is an awesome coach.
MASON got beat out last year.I think they will be ready for this one.Still a hard game to pick.
BELFRY-32
MASON-38
Belfry 26-21
Belfry
FBALL Wrote:The field and stadium at Mason County are very nice. The field is bermuda grass. Usually in very good shape.

There are more seats on the visitors side at Maysville than what Belfry has at CAM. There should be plenty of room.

Overall it is one of the better places in Eastern Kentucky to watch a game.

The drive isn't bad either. 23 to the AA takes you straight to It. It's about a 45 minute to 1 hour drive from Russell.

Also there are plenty of Places to eat close to the stadium. Shouldn't be a bad trip at all for the Belfry fans.

Thanks FBALL.... Appreciate the info!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Mason- 26 Belfry- 14
My heart says the Pirates put it together, eliminate the unforced errors, and rise to the occasion.

My head says Belfry refuses to pressure Pawsatt, misses key tackles to give up a couple crucial conversions, and kill a pair of promising drives.

If Belfry plays to their full potential:

Belfry 34
Mason 21

If it goes as I anticipate, regretfully I think you flip the score.