Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titles
How many team from the mountians will bring back a state title this year. With Hazard, Somerset, and Bell Co. all went 10-0 year.

I think all 3 of these teams have a good change at winning the title this year.
1A
Hazard has a really good shot at getting to the semis but after that the road is brutal

2A
Prestonsburg is probably the only shot for a mountain team and their chances are closer to none than slim

3A
A multitude of E. Ky teams have a really good shot at claiming the trophy. Somerset is most likely but Pike Central and Sheldon Clark could also lay claim to winning the east. Granted the winner from the east will more than likely get defending champion Paducah Tilghman or perennial power Central in Bowling Green which could spell disaster.

4A
This is definately the best shot for a mountain team to win it all. Bell Co. is the favorite considering they will get Boyle at Log Mountain this year. Might be one of Coach Hilton's best teams to date and will have a cakewalk to the semis and a date with Boyle.

5A
Johnson Central is the lone ranger for E. Ky and even if they are packing 2 revolvers their quest (like always) will end against Highlands.
wooderson Wrote:1A
Hazard has a really good shot at getting to the semis but after that the road is brutal

2A
Prestonsburg is probably the only shot for a mountain team and their chances are closer to none than slim

3A
A multitude of E. Ky teams have a really good shot at claiming the trophy. Somerset is most likely but Pike Central and Sheldon Clark could also lay claim to winning the east. Granted the winner from the east will more than likely get defending champion Paducah Tilghman or perennial power Central in Bowling Green which could spell disaster.

4A
This is definately the best shot for a mountain team to win it all. Bell Co. is the favorite considering they will get Boyle at Log Mountain this year. Might be one of Coach Hilton's best teams to date and will have a cakewalk to the semis and a date with Boyle.

5A
Johnson Central is the lone ranger for E. Ky and even if they are packing 2 revolvers their quest (like always) will end against Highlands.

1A- Hazard is hard to beat at Hazard. The semis will be at Hazard this year.

3A- Somerset will be on the road in the Semis. But i don't see any team in ids 7 or 8 that will beat them.

4A- Bell Co. will have Boyle at Bell this year. That will be a good game.

5A- JC can't get past the blue birds. With that lose, Highlands will comeing into the playoffs realdy to play.
Id say 3 state titles come to the mountains this year with Hazard, Bell, and Somerset.
cj2561 Wrote:1A- Hazard is hard to beat at Hazard. The semis will be at Hazard this year.

3A- Somerset will be on the road in the Semis. But i don't see any team in ids 7 or 8 that will beat them.

4A- Bell Co. will have Boyle at Bell this year. That will be a good game.

5A- JC can't get past the blue birds. With that lose, Highlands will comeing into the playoffs realdy to play.

This may be the year that JC sneaks past the BB's
Hazard and Somerset have a great shot of winning titles this year.

As for Bell, their chances have increased this year. I think they can get pasted a well played Boyle Co. Leading them to a state title.

IMO, JC can beat Highlands, it will take a perfect game by JC and the worst game played by the Blue Birds, but it can be done.
I hope all 5 classes can bring back the gold, but It it wont be easy for any of them. I'd be happy with 3!
I pick Hazard, Somerset, and Bell Co.
I hate to say it, but I don't think any teams from the mountains will win a championship. I think Bell County has the best chance, but I don't think they can beat Boyle County on Log Mountain or any other field. It should be the best game in all classes in the playoffs, but I think Boyle is better.
One title - bell co beats boyle and survives long trip to bg
adopted purple Wrote:I hate to say it, but I don't think any teams from the mountains will win a championship. I think Bell County has the best chance, but I don't think they can beat Boyle County on Log Mountain or any other field. It should be the best game in all classes in the playoffs, but I think Boyle is better.

If Bell is as good as last year, I think they will beat Boyle and go to the finals. Boyle just isn't quite as good this year and it took a last second field goal to win at Boyle.
I think Boyle wins if they get tpo dress Reese. Bell otherwise.
know1 Wrote:If Bell is as good as last year, I think they will beat Boyle and go to the finals. Boyle just isn't quite as good this year and it took a last second field goal to win at Boyle.

True. Bell Co returned MOST skilled positions back. Bell Co has the #1 defense and #2 offense in 4A this year. Boyle's D is good but not nearly as good as last years. Through 10 games this year they have given up 142 pts, last year only 64.

Bell Co gets to play at home too. The team always playing at home has won the last 2 meetings.
know1 Wrote:If Bell is as good as last year, I think they will beat Boyle and go to the finals. Boyle just isn't quite as good this year and it took a last second field goal to win at Boyle.

And it took a fumble on a Kickoff for Bell to score their Field Goal.

It was a great game that could have gone either way. BOTH games have been that way and I don't see this one any different. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:True. Bell Co returned MOST skilled positions back. Bell Co has the #1 defense and #2 offense in 4A this year. Boyle's D is good but not nearly as good as last years. Through 10 games this year they have given up 142 pts, last year only 64.

Bell Co gets to play at home too. The team always playing at home has won the last 2 meetings.

The one thing that makes me wonder about Bell this year is that their stats defending the run aren't as good as they have been in the past.

Boyle seems to be running the ball better than they did last year.

If it happens, it should be a fun game for sure.
know1 Wrote:The one thing that makes me wonder about Bell this year is that their stats defending the run aren't as good as they have been in the past.

See this is where stats shouldnt come it at. Like against JJ Jude when the Varisty Defense was in we held him to around 70 yards on the night. When we stuck our JV defense in, JC kept their varisty O in and Jude racked up some yards in the last 6 min of that game.

I wish they kept some of these stats seperate between varsity and jv.
I like Somerset, Hazard, and Bell's chances. I'll be rooting for Pulaski and Johnson Central to make some noise in 5A as well, if either of them can get past Highlands they should have a good shot at a title.
know1 Wrote:The one thing that makes me wonder about Bell this year is that their stats defending the run aren't as good as they have been in the past.

You had be curious now about our D.. We have given up right at 1,000 yards this season rushing. To be honest half that came against our JV this year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You had be curious now about our D.. We have given up right at 1,000 yards this season rushing. To be honest half that came against our JV this year.

So it looks like Boyle has only given up 694 yards this year...including JV.

I said originally that I think Bell is going to win this year IF THEY PLAY, but the one area that makes me question that is will they be able to effectively stop Boyle's running game.
know1 Wrote:So it looks like Boyle has only given up 694 yards this year...including JV.

I said originally that I think Bell is going to win this year IF THEY PLAY, but the one area that makes me question that is will they be able to effectively stop Boyle's running game.

To be exact:

Boyle Defense
694 rushing yards allowed
992 passing yards allowed

Total 1686 yds

Bell Defense
1074 rushing yards allowed
538 passing yards allowed

total 1612 yds
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:See this is where stats shouldnt come it at. Like against JJ Jude when the Varisty Defense was in we held him to around 70 yards on the night. When we stuck our JV defense in, JC kept their varisty O in and Jude racked up some yards in the last 6 min of that game.

I wish they kept some of these stats seperate between varsity and jv.

Boyle Co. don't just run the ball. They got a passing game to go with the run. Bell Co. can't just put 8 man in the box to stop the run.
cj2561 Wrote:Boyle Co. don't just run the ball. They got a passing game to go with the run. Bell Co. can't just put 8 man in the box to stop the run.

Thats fine. Bell Co's pass D is just as good. We only have given up 500 yards passing. Boyle Co has given up nearly 1,000 yards passing.
Regardless when these two play its going to be a GREAT game.
I'm going to be optimistic and go with Hazard, Somerset, and Bell Co. It think Bell will definitely bring home the title. I'll **** myself if JC beats Highlands, I'll be praying for that to happen. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thats fine. Bell Co's pass D is just as good. We only have given up 500 yards passing. Boyle Co has given up nearly 1,000 yards passing.

i am saying, Bell Co. can't just stop one thing. They have to play D from start to end. Like with JC, Bell Co. can line up 8 man in the boxs. JC 99% run. Boyle can run it and pass it.