Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Class 2A
Who Should be number 1?
in My opinion I hve to go with murray they're on a 26 regular season game win streak and they've had back-to-back undefeated regular seasons establishing themselves as a dominate team in class 2A not to mention they have the stengiest D in the state of all classes giving up only 66 points all year racking up 30+ turnovers with 24 of them being picks.
Who was Murry's signature wins against?
NewCath is still a solid #1 only losses coming to Ryle (6A school that just beat Highlands) and A solid Beechwood team in Overtime
Newport Central Catholic.
Yes...Newport Central Catholic
NCC:Thumbs:
Is 2A that weak of a class that NCC is #1??? IMO NCC looked rather soft against Beechwood.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Is 2A that weak of a class that NCC is #1??? IMO NCC looked rather soft against Beechwood.

Huh? they went into overtime according to earlier posts?

How could they be soft? Beechwood is always a great team every year?

They also loss to Ryle who beat Highlands.

Weak??
Didnt NCC Rb Chris Kelly play. I heard he was injuried for this game?
An argument can also be made for Owensboro Catholic for 2A #1.

:popcorn:
2A isn't as strong as it was last season, as you can make a case for NCC, O'boro Catholic, Murray, DeSales, etc.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:2A isn't as strong as it was last season, as you can make a case for NCC, O'boro Catholic, Murray, DeSales, etc.

that would be mine in that order expect switch Murray and Desales
Murray is huge but has had trouble stopping a good passing game. You cannot run on them and they can pretty much run at will on you 3-4 yards at a time. Very, very tough line and FB, embarrassingly weak schedule.
Tica Wrote:Murray is huge but has had trouble stopping a good passing game. You cannot run on them and they can pretty much run at will on you 3-4 yards at a time. Very, very tough line and FB, embarrassingly weak schedule.

How are they handling speed?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:2A isn't as strong as it was last season, as you can make a case for NCC, O'boro Catholic, Murray, DeSales, etc.

Agreed
The teams Murray has played have not had enough speed to bother them. 4A Calloway County, which throws the ball reasonably well but has a poor defense and no ground game, gave Murray all it wanted.
As for speed:

Murray had a jr. (sr this year) lineman Robbie Jones 5'-9" ran a 5.38 40 and benched 185 lbs 33 times at NUC Nashville. Set a record in the southeast I am told.

Garrett Wright, 6-2, 295, another Murray lineman, ran a 5.74 40 @ NUC Nashville in April. MileSplit says his best shot put throw was 37 feet.

Robert Olive 6-3. 310, is listed elsewhere as running a 5.4 40, but in reality it is closer to 5.9. MileSplit says his best shot put was 39 feet.
bac2369 Wrote:Didnt NCC Rb Chris Kelly play. I heard he was injuried for this game?

Chris Kelly played every snap ... and played well.
He sat out the week before against Lloyd.
There was absolutely no drop off in this game.

For those of you that think NCC is soft because they were playing Beechwood ... ha, ha .. good one. Keep thinking that ... and both of those teams will be the reason that you pack your stuff up early.

NCC is the best team (by far) in AA.

Downgrading them is not advisable.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Is 2A that weak of a class that NCC is #1??? IMO NCC looked rather soft against Beechwood.
:thatsfunn
SweetLemonade Wrote:Huh? they went into overtime according to earlier posts?

How could they be soft? Beechwood is always a great team every year?

They also loss to Ryle who beat Highlands.

Weak??
:Thumbs:

KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Chris Kelly played every snap ... and played well.

For those of you that think NCC is soft because they were playing Beechwood ... ha, ha .. good one. Keep thinking that ... and both of those teams will be the reason that you pack your stuff up early.

:Thumbs:

Just remember someone has an issue with NewCath because they cancel a FRESHMAN football team against his favorite team
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Chris Kelly played every snap ... and played well.

i think ncc is the best team but not by far last year everybody didnt give murray a shot and they almost beat fort campbell and dont leave owensbro cath out
Tica Wrote:As for speed:

Murray had a jr. (sr this year) lineman Robbie Jones 5'-9" ran a 5.38 40 and benched 185 lbs 33 times at NUC Nashville. Set a record in the southeast I am told.

Garrett Wright, 6-2, 295, another Murray lineman, ran a 5.74 40 @ NUC Nashville in April. MileSplit says his best shot put throw was 37 feet.

Robert Olive 6-3. 310, is listed elsewhere as running a 5.4 40, but in reality it is closer to 5.9. MileSplit says his best shot put was 39 feet.

:Thumbs::thanks: