Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
45.00%
Southwestern
55.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Southwestern 11/5
It's the first round of the playoffs and time again to win or go home.
This game has the makings to be a great one. I dont know much about SW or their style of offense, but Whitley will be ready. Both teams have faced Rockcastle in the past two weeks with SW winning by7 and WC winning by 9.

Prediction
Whitley will get their workhorse back this week in Bramlett and after a week off he'll be ready to go.
Whitley will move on to the second round for a rematch with a team that squeeked by them after this one.
WC-38 SW-21

Thoughts and predictions?
Southwestern seems to have a pretty good team, they only lost to Pulaski by 7, and from what I heard shot themselves in the foot when they couldve won the game, but thats football and Pulaski won. I think Whitley will edge this one out in a Dandy.

Whitley-32
SW-28
I hope Whitley Co wins this game and I think they will!!
District 7 get's no respect at all, teams have not been able to run on southwestern defense. i'll take Sw 23 Wc 16
Pig Jones Wrote:District 7 get's no respect at all, teams have not been able to run on southwestern defense. i'll take Sw 23 Wc 16

District 7 gets alot of respect I do belive almost everyone is picking Pulaski County to win the region.Now as for friday night i am picking Whitley County in a good old fashioned run the football and play defense game.

WC 21
Southwestern 20
Whitley Co.
Southwestern is nearly impossible to beat at home, which I think was proved with the dogfight that they had with Pulaski County! They're a Run Heavy team with a double threat out of the backfield with Cody Mote and Dustin Powell who have sometthing like a combined 1700 rushing yds and 12 tds! Also, their QB Zach Turpin is starting to come around at the right time with improving his passing game and it seems that SW is starting to incorporate more passing plays as well, so I think Southwestern will surprise alot of District 8 fans that don't know much about them in Friday!!

Southwestern - 28

Whitley Co. - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
whitley wins by 6.
Whitley
Since the Danville win, Southwester has played great ball, SW by 8
Wc-35
sw-28
Whitley is clicking right now. Id say they win by a TD
Southwestern playing pretty good too right now. SW lines have improved play a lot since early in the year and gave Pulaski fits on both sides of the ball. SW plays hardnosed fundemental football, they don't shoot themselves in the foot too many times.

SW 32
WC 17
SW wins this one
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/cddt6...fr6qil.jpg]

GO Warriors!!

Oh yeah, Whitley County might want to watch out for #41 Zach Fowler, he is a beast with 52 solo tackles so far this year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/cddt6...fr6qil.jpg]

GO Warriors!!

Oh yeah, Whitley County might want to watch out for #41 Zach Fowler, he is a beast with 52 solo tackles so far this year!

Awesome pic man. I haven't been on very much in the last 2 weeks have been slammed but I will be at this game and of course I am picking the Warriors. Good luck men.

Southwestern-28

Whitley County- 22
This should be a great game, i'm gonna go with Southwestern @ home. Good luck to both teams.

SW 28
WC 21
Southwestern
One thing is for sure, it will be over quickly! The clock will roll with the way these 2 run the football. Playing at the Reservation, SW will be tough to beat. Warriors in a good one 22-16.
Whitley-27
Sw-21
This has the making to be one of the best games in the entire playoffs.
Whoever said it might be over quick is right, if SW is like their film shows and from what ive barely seen of them, then they run the ball almost as much as Whitley does.

The stats Lee provided are really good, even comparable to Whitley, difference is you have four kids at Whitley that can really run the ball, Bramlett who has like 850 yards on the year without playing last week, cause he might have crossed a 1000 against Rock, then you have his back up Chute who has run the ball for over 400 yards and then Bowlin who is a speedster who will beat you around the end has over 400 yard and Singleton who is the big play maker who has around 600 yards.

Whitley rarely throws the ball usually 4 or 5 times a game unless they rack up a lot of attempts at the end of a game trying to come back or something.
Last week though, Goins had 4 or 5 Receptions but 2 tds out of that with almost 200 yards receiving in that one.

If Whitley can contain the SW offense i think theyll be okay. Whitley will score and they can score quick, and rack up a lot of points in the first half, its the second half that worries me, if Whitley can play four good quarters of football they'll be playing for another week.

Good luck to both teams, it should be a dandy.
Whitley
This should be a good one. I'll take Southwestern in a close one.
Keep the ball in the hands of #34 and whitley goes home with the W.
I will go with Whitley.
One of the more evenly matched first-round games, I think.

Southwestern has a pretty prominent history of playoff implosions, though, so I'm gonna pick Whitley in a close one.
king360 Wrote:Keep the ball in the hands of #34 and whitley goes home with the W.

Exactly and its no secret. All a team has to do is watch film to see that.
To beat Whitley you have to stop the full back. Its that simple, problem is, hes a hoss and will run all over you and his motor never stops.
^ A hard nosed runner with any bit of size is one of the best weapons you can put on the field.
Whiltey 9-6
The one thing teams have not really been able to do in run the ball on SW! Whitley better learn how to throw the ball this week!