Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central/Buckhorn
Benchwarmer Wrote:I agree.

Lets say that a district with two good team and three very bad teams. Teams A and B draw each other. Well one bad team is going to the regional tourny. Basically someone in the regional tourny will get a bye for the first game.

They now seed but two years in the 53rd District Girls, Letcher Central, Knott Central, and June Buchanan were all solid teams. In the blind draw, Letcher Central drew Knott Central and then had to play June Buchanan in the semifinals before eventually destroying Cordia in the championship who only had to play Jenkins before making the district championship. Cordia had no business being in the regional tournament and the 53rd District would have been much better represented by either Knott Central or JBS. They have since voted to seed and it is not a problem anymore.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:They now seed but two years in the 53rd District Girls, Letcher Central, Knott Central, and June Buchanan were all solid teams. In the blind draw, Letcher Central drew Knott Central and then had to play June Buchanan in the semifinals before eventually destroying Cordia in the championship who only had to play Jenkins before making the district championship. Cordia had no business being in the regional tournament and the 53rd District would have been much better represented by either Knott Central or JBS. They have since voted to seed and it is not a problem anymore.

Come on now ONB, you answer me this, if you were coaching that Cordia team, what are you voting for seeding or draw?
MVP2 Wrote:Come on now ONB, you answer me this, if you were coaching that Cordia team, what are you voting for seeding or draw?

It shouldn't be their decision. Seeding should be mandated by the KHSAA. As far as voting to not seed, I probably wouldn't as I come from the old 53rd that was one of the first districts in our region to seed and had been doing so for a very long time before consolidation and realignment. I do think that one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard of is districts seeding based on the Cantrell or Litkenhous ratings. I do believe it should come from regular season head to head matchups within the district and I do believe that Hazard, Perry Central, and Buckhorn need to be playing each other.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:It shouldn't be their decision. Seeding should be mandated by the KHSAA. As far as voting to not seed, I probably wouldn't as I come from the old 53rd that was one of the first districts in our region to seed and had been doing so for a very long time before consolidation and realignment. I do think that one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard of is districts seeding based on the Cantrell or Litkenhous ratings. I do believe it should come from regular season head to head matchups within the district and I do believe that Hazard, Perry Central, and Buckhorn need to be playing each other.

Yes, yes, yes. :Thumbs:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:It shouldn't be their decision. Seeding should be mandated by the KHSAA. As far as voting to not seed, I probably wouldn't as I come from the old 53rd that was one of the first districts in our region to seed and had been doing so for a very long time before consolidation and realignment. I do think that one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard of is districts seeding based on the Cantrell or Litkenhous ratings. I do believe it should come from regular season head to head matchups within the district and I do believe that Hazard, Perry Central, and Buckhorn need to be playing each other.

:Thumbs:I couldn't have said it any better!:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I think if a team decides that they won't play the other, I don't care if it's Perry, Hazard, Buckhorn or the Lakers.
They should still have to schedule the home and away game with that team and forfeit the wins.
king360 Wrote:Anyone who was at the district game knows that. Eric Stidham pushed one player down i dont remember who it was and just started cussin him and gettin in his face, and Matt Day was cheap shotting Perry all night.

Yeah, Matt Day tends to do that alot! I remember when he was a Freshman and Jared Pelphrey was a Junior for Lee County he was cheap shotting Jared all night and it eventually led to a fight and I don't know what Day was thinking because at the time I think he was like 6'4'' maybe 180 or 190 and Jared was like 6'6'' or 6'7'' around 250, not very smart on Day's part! Needless to say Matt Day was ejected from the game and they had to kind of corral Jared at the other end of the court until Matt Day went into the locker room.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
king360 Wrote:Anyone who was at the district game knows that. Eric Stidham pushed one player down i dont remember who it was and just started cussin him and gettin in his face, and Matt Day was cheap shotting Perry all night.

Tyler Mullins
he also gave him a little nudge in the "jewels"
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, Matt Day tends to do that alot! I remember when he was a Freshman and Jared Pelphrey was a Junior for Lee County he was cheap shotting Jared all night and it eventually led to a fight and I don't know what Day was thinking because at the time I think he was like 6'4'' maybe 180 or 190 and Jared was like 6'6'' or 6'7'' around 250, not very smart on Day's part! Needless to say Matt Day was ejected from the game and they had to kind of corral Jared at the other end of the court until Matt Day went into the locker room.

I hate to be rude, but that is absolutely not true. Matt Day has never been ejected from a game. There may have been some rough play between him and Pelfrey, but I don't remember anything approaching a fight. So, you are either lying or have your facts wrong. Either way, your statement is not accurate.
HUB Wrote:I hate to be rude, but that is absolutely not true. Matt Day has never been ejected from a game. There may have been some rough play between him and Pelfrey, but I don't remember anything approaching a fight. So, you are either lying or have your facts wrong. Either way, your statement is not accurate.

He may not have been ejected before but his attitude on the court is pitiful. Almost every game I watch Buckhorn he's getting into a confrontation with someone.
Aslan Wrote:He may not have been ejected before but his attitude on the court is pitiful. Almost every game I watch Buckhorn he's getting into a confrontation with someone.

No doubt, he is an emotional kid(emphasis on kid) and he will have to get that in check if he is going to lead his team. How far that team can go this year will depend alot on how he matures. I just don't think people should come on here and tell something as the truth when it didn't happen or, at least, didn't happen the way that they are telling it.

I would hope people would keep in mind that he was only a sophomore last year and is still a very young man and still has alot to learn. If his maturity catches up with his talent, I think he can do great things both at Buckhorn and on the college level.
HUB Wrote:I hate to be rude, but that is absolutely not true. Matt Day has never been ejected from a game. There may have been some rough play between him and Pelfrey, but I don't remember anything approaching a fight. So, you are either lying or have your facts wrong. Either way, your statement is not accurate.

Ok, well I was at the game were you? NO, I am not lying and I remember the game very well because it was the first and only time that someone actually threw punches at Jared at a game I attended! A correction to my previous post, Matt Day would have been an 8th grader that season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:Ok, well I was at the game were you? NO, I am not lying and I remember the game very well because it was the first and only time that someone actually threw punches at Jared at a game I attended! A correction to my previous post, Matt Day would have been an 8th grader that season.

Matt Day did not play high school ball in the 8th grade and again, you are wrong. Matt Day has never been ejected from a high school game, anywhere or any year, for that matter.
^I'd quit arguing LeeCo....
it looks like Matt's #1 fan is on here
zaga_fan Wrote:^I'd quit arguing LeeCo....

lol, well I know what I saw, but oh well
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:^I'd quit arguing LeeCo....

Make wise cracks all you want. I just don't think it is fair for untruths to be put on this board about a kid. I know lee co. "knows what he saw", but he has to be mistaken somewhere because there was no ejection of Matt Day, who didn't even play high school ball as an 8th grader. I'm not disputing that he needs to mature over his first two seasons, but don't come on here with a story that simply did not happen.
HUB Wrote:Matt Day did not play high school ball in the 8th grade and again, you are wrong. Matt Day has never been ejected from a high school game, anywhere or any year, for that matter.
You beat me to it. Matt did not even play on the HS team as an 8th grader. Matt is a great player and people like to take shots at him because he is at the small school that doesn't suppose to play with the big boys.
According to KHSAA listings of DQs.... Matt Day is not listed.....
zaga_fan Wrote:Tyler Mullins
he also gave him a little nudge in the "jewels"

Tyler Mullins was such an angel on the court.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Tyler Mullins was such an angel on the court.

Yep. Especially when he was jamming!
Aslan Wrote:Yep. Especially when he was jamming!

And throwing balls in the crowd and hitting little girls after losing to KCC. Real Angel.
MVP2 Wrote:And throwing balls in the crowd and hitting little girls after losing to KCC. Real Angel.

:yawn::zzz:
MVP2 Wrote:And throwing balls in the crowd and hitting little girls after losing to KCC. Real Angel.
Blah.
Bluecat Wrote:You beat me to it. Matt did not even play on the HS team as an 8th grader. Matt is a great player and people like to take shots at him because he is at the small school that doesn't suppose to play with the big boys.

No, that's not it. If anything I believe people would root for him bc of that. I root for Buckhorn unless there playing Perry Central.
Aslan Wrote:Blah.

No, that's not it. If anything I believe people would root for him bc of that. I root for Buckhorn unless there playing Perry Central.

Does Blah mean MVP is right, I seem to get that alot Big Grin.:devilflam
MVP2 Wrote:Does Blah mean MVP is right, I seem to get that alot Big Grin.:devilflam

No, skeow indicates being correct.
Aslan Wrote:No, skeow indicates being correct.

:igiveup:
One thing about it, if they do meet come tournament time it should be a good match up.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Tyler Mullins was such an angel on the court.

His actions on the court were fine.....
for the most part.

The KCC game was unfortunate but there is a lot of heat in that rivalry.
zaga_fan Wrote:His actions on the court were fine.....
for the most part.

The KCC game was unfortunate but there is a lot of heat in that rivalry.

games
OrangenowBlue Wrote:And it is always someone else's fault other then Perry Central. Shame on that mean ole Buckhorn and Hazard.

Hazard voted to seed along with Perry, But Buckhorn and Leslie vote No