Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Greenup Co Player
A senior player at GC tells me that they have a new transfer. An african american player in from Coal Grove. Kid is a guard and a player. Good for Coach Hughes for bringing this kid in. With Darius hobbled by a bad knee this kid could be are answer at guard!!
It seems to me that we always get the area players that aren't good enough to play at their own school, so they come here to have a chance to be a starter. I don't want to be negative, just saying.
Is Jackson eligible?
I dont know? If both new kids are eligible whats that do to the playing time of Jordan, Tackett, and Riffe? The Iceman will be very unhappy if the little Icebox doesnt see the floor. Coach Nickels life will get very complicated. The phone calls will start, letters will be mailed, and we wont even go into the pics that his wife might get.
Is the new kid from Coalgrove enrolled?
Yes. I guess he is living with another GCHS student. Not sure how how that will work out getting him eligible though.
jakelegg Wrote:I dont know? If both new kids are eligible whats that do to the playing time of Jordan, Tackett, and Riffe? The Iceman will be very unhappy if the little Icebox doesnt see the floor. Coach Nickels life will get very complicated. The phone calls will start, letters will be mailed, and we wont even go into the pics that his wife might get.

That's hilarious. Very accurate to those that know what you're talking about and very funny.
I hear the case might be reopened by the state popo. It seems the player envolved has been out bragging to other young men that he and the father were guilty of sending the picture to the coaches wife on the day of the district finals.
jakelegg Wrote:A senior player at GC tells me that they have a new transfer. An african american player in from Coal Grove. Kid is a guard and a player. Good for Coach Hughes for bringing this kid in. With Darius hobbled by a bad knee this kid could be are answer at guard!!

Did he (coach) go to Coal Grove on his way down to Portsmouth this summer!:thatsfunn:Clap::dontthink
I have a question for all GC people. With all the problems the HS is having when is Raby going take some pressure off of Dunaway and hire an Athletic Director? I think the principal should be worried about academics and not athletics at the moment. Anyone know what koolaid Raby is drinking at the moment?
I was wondering how the Williams kid knee is? Does anyone know how his rehab went?
I heard the Jackson boy was going for hardship to be able to play.
Raceland not having as much talent as GC doesnt seem to be much of a hardship case to me???
Just wondering how they could claim hardship? Perhaps they should have considered that before leaving Greenup schools.

How has practice gone so far? Coal Grove kid fitting in?
OU812 Wrote:Just wondering how they could claim hardship? Perhaps they should have considered that before leaving Greenup schools.

How has practice gone so far? Coal Grove kid fitting in?

I talked to the freshman coach yesterday. He said practice was going well. He was a little disappointed that a couple of players had quit. With the new kid the coach said if he eluded traps like he eludes going to his classes that no team will be able to press GC this season.:Thumbs:
jakelegg Wrote:An african american player in from Coal Grove.
Woooooooow.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Woooooooow.

U will think woooooo when we are stomping a mud hole in your butt and walking it off dry!! Were going to run thru the 16th Region all the way to RUPP:1:
tank top Wrote:U will think woooooo when we are stomping a mud hole in your butt and walking it off dry!! Were going to run thru the 16th Region all the way to RUPP:1:
This is a top 50 dumbest BGR post of all-time.
Panther Thunder Wrote:This is a top 50 dumbest BGR post of all-time.

Nah.... It's not just a top 50... It's number 1.
jakelegg Wrote:Raceland not having as much talent as GC doesnt seem to be much of a hardship case to me???

Now lets see Jake..... could this "hardship" be similar to a case from RH that had "transportation problems" ? We all know what a joke that was and only Ashland, with their "mighty tradition", could get by with that. It would be interesting to know how many times this player has ridden a bus to PGBHS...
[ With the new kid the coach said if he eluded traps like he eludes going to his classes .......

Dang boys........ he fits right in..... Who teaches CS-101 (Class Skipping 101) Do they meet in the gym or weight room...?
Its not in the weight room cuz Coach Copley has his act together this year. Any one no anything about the AD that were paying even though he hasnt even shown up yet. Nice hire Raby.
Who is the new AD and why are we paying him if he is not doing the job? I feel sorry for Dunaway. How many hats does this poor man have to wear?
jakelegg Wrote:Its not in the weight room cuz Coach Copley has his act together this year. Any one no anything about the AD that were paying even though he hasnt even shown up yet. Nice hire Raby.
I must be out of touch. Who is this AD?
Some guy from Indiana. He was hired 3 weeks ago but hasnt yet found his way to GC. His gps must be broken LOL. He is having trouble getting out of his contract at his school. An AD willing to break his contract and hit the road during mid football season sounds just like the type of guy we should be hiring Sad. Wonder who this guy is related to in the system or area?
jakelegg Wrote:Some guy from Indiana. He was hired 3 weeks ago but hasnt yet found his way to GC. His gps must be broken LOL. He is having trouble getting out of his contract at his school. An AD willing to break his contract and hit the road during mid football season sounds just like the type of guy we should be hiring Sad. Wonder who this guy is related to in the system or area?
Well, we are part of the good ole boy network. :biggrin:

As bad as I hate to say it, Indiana must be a real peach if you want to come to take the AD job at GC. I wish him luck.
Send him a message, at the end of the AA, turn right and follow your nose. The first thing that smells afoul, that's us!:Clap:
OU812 Wrote:Send him a message, at the end of the AA, turn right and follow your nose. The first thing that smells afoul, that's us!:Clap:

LOL! Thats classic. But if he stops at the first thing that stinks he will end up at the GC BOE. Better tell him to keep coming on down the driveway. Does anyone other than me ever wonder about why we just cant do things right??? You would think that the powers that be (be it at the BOE or Board members or the so calld power brokers) would get tired of being the punch line of the areas jokes. I hope Mr Hall understands that until he cuts the power off on some people that have no interest other than what benifits them that GC is never going to move forward in athletics OR academics.
Amen to that brother. I remember when this school had a lot of pride. Makes me sad to think that we have sunk so low. But thats what happens when unathletic people make athletic decisions and you have no backbone to stand up to parents. Sometimes folks you just have to do whats right and best for all the kids not just the ones that have parents with money and influence.
Seems like GC is always in disarray. Everytime someone new comes in, wheather it be a coach or administrator, everyone gets excited and think things are going to change. But GC always ends up right back in disarray and everyone pointing fingers. Why is this??