Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers 23 - Dolphins 22
Final
Ahhh...Nice win on the road against a tough team, but we probably lost Aaron Smith for the year with a torn triceps. That will hurt us. Time for Ziggy Hood to grow up, as he and Nick Eason will be asked to fill some huge shoes. Way to go, Steelers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Ahhh...Nice win on the road against a tough team, but we probably lost Aaron Smith for the year with a torn triceps. That will hurt us. Time for Ziggy Hood to grow up, as he and Nick Eason will be asked to fill some huge shoes. Way to go, Steelers!

Didn't he miss most of the season with the same injury last year? I hate to hear that.
Great win for the Steelers! Tough task next week against the Saints.
Jarons Wrote:Didn't he miss most of the season with the same injury last year? I hate to hear that.
Great win for the Steelers! Tough task next week against the Saints.
Yeah Im pretty sure thats the same injury. Losing Smith is tough..We really cant afford to lose anybody else. The defense didnt play that well today for the most part, as Miami moved the ball, but thankfully, the good guys held them to field goals. The Saints will be in a bad mood next week, but I think we'll be okay.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Steelers just keep getting the job done. Huge win on the road against a very good Dolphins team.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
We got hosed on that fumble call.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:We got hosed on that fumble call.
:devilflam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:We got hosed on that fumble call.

No ya didn't. The video didn't show for sure who recovered. The refs didn't follow through to see who recovered because the one ref called a TD. When a TD is called, the play is dead, so that is why the refs didn't see who recovered. Even though it wasn't a TD, refs make mistakes.

But[B] the video was not conclusive on who got the recovery. Some Dolphins players were there, but just before they could grab the football, Steelers players came into frame and nobody could tell who actually recovered.

[B]And
Berman and the crew said that it was the right call. That is the rule. No conclusive evidence on who recovered, so the team that fumbled gets the ball back. Even though it might stink to some of you guys, it was the right call.
If this would of happened to the Steelers they would have been rioting in the streets. Another controversial call involving the Steelers and it going their way. Flashback to the Super Bowl against the Seahawks.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If this would of happened to the Steelers they would have been rioting in the streets. Another controversial call involving the Steelers and it going their way. Flashback to the Super Bowl against the Seahawks.
lol..dude, I love ya and all, but I have to disagree with you. The NFL has always hated the Steelers. Seriously, Brett Favre wont get a minutes punishment if they find out he lied about those pictures. Ben got four games and was never charged with anything. Harrison gets fined $75k for hits that wasnt as bad as the other guys that got $50k. The NFL changed the rules in '78 about jamming receivers downfield because Mel Blount (the Mel Blount rule) would manhandle smaller receivers, then came the Hines Ward rule, that came about because our 6'0, 200 lb receiver would LEGALLY crush big bad linebackers, and they deemed that a rule change was necessary. Now this helmet to helmet thing. The James Harrison rule, lol..The NFL brass suck.

Oh, and I would have been rioting in the streets with 'em Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A win is a win. Sometimes better lucky than good in this case. Our defense was NOT spectacular, and Big Ben looked like he hadn't played in 6 weeks. But we did enough to hang in there and get it dome.....with a little help from the zebra's. :rockon:
I expected a close game like this Miami is a good team, they shut down our run game and we had to pass to win which Ben did. Yeah the fumbles hurt but that's from him trying to do to much, he made plenty of good plays in the past by extending the play I don't blame him at all. He passed for over 300 and hit receivers when he had to and the bottom line is we won.
I am concerned about Aaron Smiths injury, I hope we can replace him he really makes a difference in the line play. We can't wait for Ziggy Hood to develop he has a year under his belt, he must step up in the absence of Smith especially in the run stopping department or our run defense might not be as good.
Injuries are a part of the game most teams have them we just have to move on and hope no other key injuries occur that could alter our goal of a championship.
Overall, I'm happy we are 5-1 and have no complaints about the team, I just hope we can get through this season relatively healthy that's the key.
Yep, the Dolphins got the shaft.