Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central/Buckhorn
How come Buckhorn and Perry Central boys do not have each other on their schedule. I knew about Perry/Hazard but what is the deal concerning this rivalry.
Not really sure. I know a few of the games got out of control last year though.
Well, the 54th is not a seeded district so I wouldnt assume it is require to play the teams in your district but I know PC normally does play them though.
If i had to guess it would be because a few of the games they played last year got out of control. I remember watching the one in the WYMT. There was almost multiple fights and it was just a consolation game.
It almost got out of hand in the district game too but that was the officials fault for letting to many things go.
Aslan Wrote:It almost got out of hand in the district game too but that was the officials fault for letting to many things go.

I completely agree. I believe any game that gets out of control is the officials fault. They should recognize the bad blood early on and set the players straight and enforce a little stricter calls to keep them in check.
Aslan Wrote:It almost got out of hand in the district game too but that was the officials fault for letting to many things go.

It was mostly Buckhorns players starting all the trouble.

I totally agree on that. The more and more I think about that district game between the two that is probably why this game isn't being played.
It's always some one's else's fault besides the kids...accept some accountability..
Perry Central wanted it to be a seeded district and Buckhorn didn't. and PCC said if you all don't vote for it to be, then we are not playing you all in the season.
BondJamesBond Wrote:It's always some one's else's fault besides the kids...accept some accountability..

And it is always someone else's fault other then Perry Central. Shame on that mean ole Buckhorn and Hazard.
UkFan23 Wrote:Perry Central wanted it to be a seeded district and Buckhorn didn't. and PCC said if you all don't vote for it to be, then we are not playing you all in the season.

Wonder if John Paul Amis voted to seed while he was at Buckhorn?
BondJamesBond Wrote:It's always some one's else's fault besides the kids...accept some accountability..

Anyone who was at the district game knows that. Eric Stidham pushed one player down i dont remember who it was and just started cussin him and gettin in his face, and Matt Day was cheap shotting Perry all night.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Wonder if John Paul Amis voted to seed while he was at Buckhorn?

Good Post. I'm sure he didnt.
It's a shame Perry can't play either Hazard or Buckhorn in the regular season....
Only being allowed to play Leslie will hurt Perry come District time.
And didn't John Paul have some regional championships at Buckhorn?
I figured he'd be for seeding back then
OrangenowBlue Wrote:And it is always someone else's fault other then Perry Central. Shame on that mean ole Buckhorn and Hazard.

Was you at the game? With Perry/Hazard it went both ways with the fans. With Perry/Buckhorn it was more of Buckhorn players fault. Buckhorn saw there season coming to an end and did some things that were uncalled for. Perry's players honestly kept there cool that game, but I'll admit they didn't in the WYMT tournament.
^They almost restructured that tourney after the Clay upset so Perry and Buckhorn wouldn't play each other but decided against it.
I think that sometimes certain teams shouldnt play each other because it gets to where it is not about basketball but about personal animosity. Buckhorn and Perry both will have good teams this year and I am sure will battle during tourney time. Probably a good idea for Hazard and Perry to not play also. Those schools surely dont like each other.
If it is seed Hazard and PCC will be 1 and 2 year in and year out. With Leslie Co as 3 and Buckhorn as the 4.
There might be a year that Leslie Co or Buckhorn will be good.
Every district should seed.
Aslan Wrote:Every district should seed.

I have to disagree. Seeding does give a chance for huge upsets, but them are few and far. Drawing allows for a big first round game. Everyone will probably say that I am an idiot, but I'd rather see PCC and Hazard in the first round than in the finals of the 54th. The best basketball game that I have been to period, was in the first round when PCC played Hazard in 04. When Daniel Combs hit that shot, OMG, I don't think there has ever been a high school gym in the mountains as loud. Now I was in the main top of the gym and it was just a exciting as if I had been in the first row.

If that game had been the 54th final, I truly believe that PCC would have not won region that year. Hazard would have went dancing in RUPP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't PCC win the District 2 years ago, but didn't win region. If they had faced them n the first round, PCC would have been in RUPP.

So I gotta say that I'd rather draw instead of seed.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I have to disagree. Seeding does give a chance for huge upsets, but them are few and far. Drawing allows for a big first round game. Everyone will probably say that I am an idiot, but I'd rather see PCC and Hazard in the first round than in the finals of the 54th. The best basketball game that I have been to period, was in the first round when PCC played Hazard in 04. When Daniel Combs hit that shot, OMG, I don't think there has ever been a high school gym in the mountains as loud. Now I was in the main top of the gym and it was just a exciting as if I had been in the first row.

If that game had been the 54th final, I truly believe that PCC would have not won region that year. Hazard would have went dancing in RUPP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't PCC win the District 2 years ago, but didn't win region. If they had faced them n the first round, PCC would have been in RUPP.

So I gotta say that I'd rather draw instead of seed.

I completely disagree.
The problem with not seeding is it puts teams in the region that haven't earned the right to be there. There should be some reward for good regular season play. Teams with a record of 4-20 should not be there unless they have upset a higher seed.
With regards to the Buckhorn/PCC game in district last year, I thought Buckhorn's kids did get frustrated, but they were hardly the only guilty ones. PCC had the dirtiest player in the region on their team last year and he instigated most of what went on. If you look at the incidents, he was pretty much involved in all of them. I think Buckhorn's players did see their season coming to an end and just let their emotions get the best of them. I'm not excusing Buckhorn, but it was not completly their fault.
The thing I don't like about not seeding is there were 2 specific times while I was at PCC and we knocked Hazard out in the 1st round of district and they never saw the court at Region.
Even though we barely beat them and they were head and shoulders above Buckhorn or Leslie.....
they never got what they deserved.

At the time I enjoyed it lol
but looking back it wasn't fair.
zaga_fan Wrote:The thing I don't like about not seeding is there were 2 specific times while I was at PCC and we knocked Hazard out in the 1st round of district and they never saw the court at Region.
Even though we barely beat them and they were head and shoulders above Buckhorn or Leslie.....
they never got what they deserved.

At the time I enjoyed it lol
but looking back it wasn't fair

agree
I agree, I think every district in KY should seed, for two reasons. One, there should be at least some reward for teams that did well in the regular season, and seeding affords the better teams a definite advantage. The other reason is that the regional tournament is the most exciting when the best teams participate, and seeding gives the best chance for that to happen.

Honestly, I don't see why the KHSAA leaves it up to each individual district to decide. They should make it mandatory to seed.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, I think every district in KY should seed, for two reasons. One, there should be at least some reward for teams that did well in the regular season, and seeding affords the better teams a definite advantage. The other reason is that the regional tournament is the most exciting when the best teams participate, and seeding gives the best chance for that to happen.

Honestly, I don't see why the KHSAA leaves it up to each individual district to decide. They should make it mandatory to seed.

I agree 150% with everything stated.
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, I think every district in KY should seed, for two reasons. One, there should be at least some reward for teams that did well in the regular season, and seeding affords the better teams a definite advantage. The other reason is that the regional tournament is the most exciting when the best teams participate, and seeding gives the best chance for that to happen.

I agree.

Lets say that a district with two good team and three very bad teams. Teams A and B draw each other. Well one bad team is going to the regional tourny. Basically someone in the regional tourny will get a bye for the first game.