Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville Panthers
85.29%
Paintsville Tigers
14.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Paintsville 10/22
Pikeville just has too many horses for Paintsville.

I'll take the Panthers by 4+ TDs.
jetpilot Wrote:No, I am kinda saying Paintsville being 80 points worse than Pikeville will be much more embarrassing than Pikeville losing to Danville.
Kinda like Paintsville losing to Betsy Layne is more embarrassing than Pikeville losing to Danville.
Well.Let's see. 80pts. I guess Pikeville must be a better team than P-burg. Right? 35/13. Does that sound familiar?
Hopefully we should get some word on Caldwell tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
equipmentman Wrote:I'm glad Paintsville doesn't have a river bank on one end of their football field. I don't like seeing the Pikeville kicker having to hold back.

If he didn't hold back, and there was a river, there would be a lot of wet footballs floating down the Big Sandy.Lol!:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:No, I am kinda saying Paintsville being 80 points worse than Pikeville will be much more embarrassing than Pikeville losing to Danville.
Kinda like Paintsville losing to Betsy Layne is more embarrassing than Pikeville losing to Danville.

:biggrin:
OffTheHook Wrote:Hopefully we should get some word on Caldwell tomorrow.
He will be playing.

Send your thanks to the one and only Joey Dotson for not filing the DQ papers within 24 hrs of the game. He is a joke on the baseball field and the football field. My deepest sympathies that you had to deal with him last week.
Panther Thunder Wrote:He will be playing.

Send your thanks to the one and only Joey Dotson for not filing the DQ papers within 24 hrs of the game. He is a joke on the baseball field and the football field. My deepest sympathies that you had to deal with him last week.

Don't know where ya got your info Panther, but Caldwell ain't playing. You are right about Dotson though, he didn't file the DQ papers within the 24 hour period that he was suppose to, actually, he still hadn't filed em as of yesterday mornin. If the KHSAA would go by the rules that they set, Caldwell SHOULD be playing because of it, BUT the Advising Super for officials in this area overturned it, he is also the athletic director at Pikeville H.S. The same guy told Kinner yesterday mornin that Caldwell could play, then an hour later he faxed the papers to Paintsville sayin that he is ineligible. Not saying we would win the game if he played, I just think its sad that one minute Caldwell was eligible, then an hour later he aint. It's sad that the KHSAA breaks their own rules. You're right about Dotson, he is a joke, as are all the other guys that reffed Friday night, and I'm sure I speak for all the Paintsville and Phelps fans, players, and coaches.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Pikeville by 30
Redneck Wrote:Don't know where ya got your info Panther, but Caldwell ain't playing. You are right about Dotson though, he didn't file the DQ papers within the 24 hour period that he was suppose to, actually, he still hadn't filed em as of yesterday mornin. If the KHSAA would go by the rules that they set, Caldwell SHOULD be playing because of it, BUT the Advising Super for officials in this area overturned it, he is also the athletic director at Pikeville H.S. The same guy told Kinner yesterday mornin that Caldwell could play, then an hour later he faxed the papers to Paintsville sayin that he is ineligible. Not saying we would win the game if he played, I just think its sad that one minute Caldwell was eligible, then an hour later he aint. It's sad that the KHSAA breaks their own rules. You're right about Dotson, he is a joke, as are all the other guys that reffed Friday night, and I'm sure I speak for all the Paintsville and Phelps fans, players, and coaches.
I was just going by the latest I heard. Thanks for the update.
OK...time for predictions...and I hope the Caldwell kid plays...

Without Caldwell --- Pikeville 56, Paintsville 14
With Caldwell --- Pikeville 55, Paintsville 13
jetpilot Wrote:OK...time for predictions...and I hope the Caldwell kid plays...

Without Caldwell --- Pikeville 56, Paintsville 14
With Caldwell --- Pikeville 55, Paintsville 13

Well JP, having accepted your expertise in matters of game and score prediction I must say that I am a bit confused as to the outcome of the pending athletic enterprise. I need some help understanding a few things before I contact my Bookie. I know without question you will be able to bring clarity to the matter. So here we go: When I use Post #29 and the above post,I am thinking the score should be Pikeville 94 and Paintsville 14 or Pikeville 93 Paintsville 13. If Pikeville can really dig their heels in the dirt on D then maybe it would be 80 to zip. The people I bet with want to be really specific.
Pikeville Wins very very very big 5 TD's
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Well JP, having accepted your expertise in matters of game and score prediction I must say that I am a bit confused as to the outcome of the pending athletic enterprise. I need some help understanding a few things before I contact my Bookie. I know without question you will be able to bring clarity to the matter. So here we go: When I use Post #29 and the above post,I am thinking the score should be Pikeville 94 and Paintsville 14 or Pikeville 93 Paintsville 13. If Pikeville can really dig their heels in the dirt on D then maybe it would be 80 to zip. The people I bet with want to be really specific.

This is as specific as it gets --- whatever your bookie throws at you, bet everything you have on Pikeville.
Pikeville in a cake walk. 30+
Redneck Wrote:Don't know where ya got your info Panther, but Caldwell ain't playing. You are right about Dotson though, he didn't file the DQ papers within the 24 hour period that he was suppose to, actually, he still hadn't filed em as of yesterday mornin. If the KHSAA would go by the rules that they set, Caldwell SHOULD be playing because of it, BUT the Advising Super for officials in this area overturned it, he is also the athletic director at Pikeville H.S. The same guy told Kinner yesterday mornin that Caldwell could play, then an hour later he faxed the papers to Paintsville sayin that he is ineligible. Not saying we would win the game if he played, I just think its sad that one minute Caldwell was eligible, then an hour later he aint. It's sad that the KHSAA breaks their own rules. You're right about Dotson, he is a joke, as are all the other guys that reffed Friday night, and I'm sure I speak for all the Paintsville and Phelps fans, players, and coaches.
After seeing some of the crews this area has been stuck with this year I am seriously considering getting my liscence and reffing .the only good crew I have seen Paintsville have this year was the Betsy Layne game. Im not saying we have been cheated I am just saying the refs were no good and missed a ton of calls goin both ways.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:After seeing some of the crews this area has been stuck with this year I am seriously considering getting my liscence and reffing .the only good crew I have seen Paintsville have this year was the Betsy Layne game. Im not saying we have been cheated I am just saying the refs were no good and missed a ton of calls goin both ways.

I wish you would. I don't know why a lot of you younger guys don't get ref and umpire certified. As hard as it is to get officials in ALL sports and as hard as it is to find jobs today. You youngsters could be working every evening officiating some sporting event around the area and putting a few bucks in your pockets. Officiating is like anything else. If you strive to be good at it and excel, you can climb the ladder of success to bigger and better shows. So there is my vote....do it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Pikeville--48
Paintsville--13
What a cat fight.Lol!!
I believe Pikeville will win; and should do it in convincing fashion. I would really like to see the offense stay explosive this week as it was against Betsy Layne. Maynard is becoming very, very good at the reads and is an excellent ball carrier. Pikeville's offense has played pretty well most of the season with the exception of the first 2 games (Danville and Boyd County). The defense really needs to step it up with the playoffs quickly approaching. Taylor Ratliff at the OLB spot is playing out of his mind. He will need to be in the backfield creating chaos to ignite the Panther D.

Step on the gas and don't let up!

Panthers 49
Tigers 14
From what I have seen of Pikeville, they don't seem to be reading the zone. They are running GT's for the QB and for the RB. I have not seen any GT or Zone read.
Pikeville
Pikeville rolls and racks in yet another district title.
Panthers get it done
Sorry to here that Pikeville's hard hitting Senior # 51, Madison Coleman will not be playing against Paintsville. Although I totally expect Pikeville to control the game, without Mr.Coleman their will be a difference noticed.
Tigers 6
Panthers 63

Paintsville will be thankful for the running clock as the program takes another hit tonight