3. Shannon Turner-South Floyd
4. Trevor Tiller-Paintsville
5. Hobo McCoy-Pike Central
6. Jake McClanahan-East Ridge
7. Wade Skaggs-Johnson Central
8. Dakota Hall-South Floyd
9. Nathan Martin-Betsy Layne
10. J.K. Hall-Johnson Central
glad to see us in the top 5. hopefully we can open some more eyes as the season goes.
Valley is in the top 5 and no players in the top 10. Team ball?
Belfry and Pikeville are also in the top 5 with no players in the top 10.
Belfry in top 5?,, I though they lost alot of players. Can someone fill me in on em
NYY10 Wrote:Belfry in top 5?,, I though they lost alot of players. Can someone fill me in on em

The only key player they lost was Jeremy Maynard. They have Jordan Hairston, Jordan Varney, and Morgan Bentley who are all seniors and Joey Pinson who is a junior. So they return 4 of their 5 starters who I look for all of them to average double digits in the points column with most likely Jordan Hairston leading the way!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:The only key player they lost was Jeremy Maynard. They have Jordan Hairston, Jordan Varney, and Morgan Bentley who are all seniors and Joey Pinson who is a junior. So they return 4 of their 5 starters who I look for all of them to average double digits in the points column with most likely Jordan Hairston leading the way!

jordan hairston ant eligible to play this yr from what ive been hearing n if so imo there in for a long season
Hairston will not be eligible to play this season. Belfry has 6'4" Joey Pinson, 6'3" Morgan Bentley, 6'1" Jordan Varney, and sixth man and part time starter 6'2" Gary Runyon returning....add to that 7th man Chris Altizer and 6'5" Soph Tony Messer and Soph guard Josh Robinson and this team has the makings to be VERY good. They went something like 18-5 this summer without Pinson who was dealing with a health issue that has since been resolved. This team will play very hard and play together. I am excited about seeing them play!
HOOPSTER4LIFE Wrote:Hairston will not be eligible to play this season. Belfry has 6'4" Joey Pinson, 6'3" Morgan Bentley, 6'1" Jordan Varney, and sixth man and part time starter 6'2" Gary Runyon returning....add to that 7th man Chris Altizer and 6'5" Soph Tony Messer and Soph guard Josh Robinson and this team has the makings to be VERY good. They went something like 18-5 this summer without Pinson who was dealing with a health issue that has since been resolved. This team will play very hard and play together. I am excited about seeing them play!

i bleave they would have the making to b a good team if they had the guard back but without him i dont see there offense being able to open up. but if they get sumone who can replace his speed n defense then i blieve they will b contenders but not win the region
red_bull Wrote:i bleave they would have the making to b a good team if they had the guard back but without him i dont see there offense being able to open up. but if they get sumone who can replace his speed n defense then i blieve they will b contenders but not win the region

Nice post!:eyeroll: Stay in school, hopefully you keep learning!:biggrin:
1. B.J. Moore-Sheldon Clark-
2. Cody Parker-Johnson Central-
3. Shannon Turner-South Floyd-
4. Trevor Tiller-Paintsville-
5. Hobo McCoy-Pike Central-
6. Jake McClanahan-East Ridge-
7. Wade Skaggs-Johnson Central-
8. Dakota Hall-South Floyd-
9. Nathan Martin-Betsy Layne-
10. J.K. Hall-Johnson Central -

This list is a joke. Who votes for this stuff. Does the coaches or someone who doesnt watch the region much? The top 5 should be this.

1. Wade Skaggs- Top scorer in region last 2 years, 20 plus a game. great leader, winner, good vision, just because he transfers doesn't mean he is a number 7 player total joke.
2. BJ Moore - Toss up could be #1, scorer indeed. great go to guy.
3. Hobo McCoy- Great ball skills and good scorer.
4. Cody Parker - Could be top 2 if his head is on straight. Dominate player but up to him on how much.

5. Toss up Tiller and Martin.
No one votes. The CP takes the article directly from a local writer. Whomever submitted the 15th did the ranking also. Now go polish Wade's trophies before he gets home from school.
Belfry will be good. But, I dont see them making to much noise.
Below Zero Wrote:Valley is in the top 5 and no players in the top 10. Team ball?

That was the definition of the team last year and I am sure it will continue to be the biggest factor in their development. I am excited to see if the Valley kids can surprise us all but I would say that top 5 is just about right.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No one votes, a Floyd Co. paper writer does it now, and I know for a fact that they didn't talk most coaches in Pike Co.
Just don't understand how Josh Green from Paintsville, couldn't be mentioned. Kid is a work horse, night in and night out! Kid may not be D1 material. BUT, I would take him on my team any day. No matter how many D1s I had on my team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I totally agree with you about Josh Green. I would rather have one of him on my team than 10 players like Parker and Tiller. He goes out every ballgame and plays hard and doesn't whine and cry when things doesn't go his way on the court. So whoever came up with this top 10 list to me dont know what they are talking about.
I know it used to be Steve LeMaster from the Floyd County Times that gave them the rankings and whatnot. Don't know if that has changed or not as I've not looked at that magazine since around 03.
TSSI Wrote:1. B.J. Moore-Sheldon Clark-

This list is a joke. Who votes for this stuff. Does the coaches or someone who doesnt watch the region much? The top 5 should be this.

1. Wade Skaggs- Top scorer in region last 2 years, 20 plus a game. great leader, winner, good vision, just because he transfers doesn't mean he is a number 7 player total joke.
4. Cody Parker - Could be top 2 if his head is on straight. Dominate player but up to him on how much.

What has Skaggs ever done to justify him as better than Moore? Everytime the 2 have played head to head Moore has outplayed Skaggs. Skaggs has also had more help thean Moore and Moore still out-performs. Moore is without question the best player in the 15h.
TSSI Wrote:1. B.J. Moore-Sheldon Clark-

B.J. Moore was the Region's leading scorer last year averaging 25.4 ppg and Wade Skaggs only averaged 17.5ppg!! Furthermore, Wade only averaged 11.6ppg the year before so I don't know where you're getting your stats from but you might want to rethink your statement and rankings!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super-Card Wrote:What has Skaggs ever done to justify him as better than Moore? Everytime the 2 have played head to head Moore has outplayed Skaggs. Skaggs has also had more help thean Moore and Moore still out-performs. Moore is without question the best player in the 15h.

Yeah, I totally agree with you! IMO Skaggs isn't even the best player on his own team! Cody Parker is the best player on Johnson Central!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OffTheHook Wrote:Just don't understand how Josh Green from Paintsville, couldn't be mentioned. Kid is a work horse, night in and night out! Kid may not be D1 material. BUT, I would take him on my team any day. No matter how many D1s I had on my team.
He's the type that will do all the little things, but get little to no credit for it. Not flashy, but very, very solid.
HOOPSTER4LIFE Wrote:Hairston will not be eligible to play this season. Belfry has 6'4" Joey Pinson, 6'3" Morgan Bentley, 6'1" Jordan Varney, and sixth man and part time starter 6'2" Gary Runyon returning....add to that 7th man Chris Altizer and 6'5" Soph Tony Messer and Soph guard Josh Robinson and this team has the makings to be VERY good. They went something like 18-5 this summer without Pinson who was dealing with a health issue that has since been resolved. This team will play very hard and play together. I am excited about seeing them play!

Joey Pinson (senior) 6'6"
Morgan Bentley (senior) 6'3"
Myself (senior) 6'2"
Chris Altizer (senior) 6'2"
Gary Runyon (junior) 6'1"
Jared Masters (junior) 6'4"
Tony Messer (sophomore) 6'5"
Josh Robinson (sophomore) 5'10

furthermore, the loss of hairston is a tough one to replace when he's having actually playing. many games last year he didn't play even close to his potential and averaged about 8 turnovers/game. the biggest loss by far is the loss of the defensive mastery of thomas varney. terrible to think that everyone overlooks that. and yeah, we were 18-5 this summer, and we did lose to betsy layne. however, pinson, messer, and myself DID NOT PLAY in that game. when tourney time rolls around, we'll be playing, count on it.
Glad to see two boys from South Floyd in top 10
Moore is the best player in the region no doubt.. but look for a dropoff in points this year.. the new coach isnt going to give as much freedom as what harless gave him.. but saying that dont mean much because harless let moore run the team pretty much.. cant blame him there though..
leecoukfan Wrote:B.J. Moore was the Region's leading scorer last year averaging 25.4 ppg and Wade Skaggs only averaged 17.5ppg!! Furthermore, Wade only averaged 11.6ppg the year before so I don't know where you're getting your stats from but you might want to rethink your statement and rankings!

well anyone can get that many points when they have nobody else to shoot.. hes the only player that can do anything on sc, wade had a good team and couldnt take over single handed... we will see when the season starts ................................goodluck BJ MOORE

:worthy: WADE SKAGGS
SolidOxygen Wrote:well anyone can get that many points when they have nobody else to shoot.. hes the only player that can do anything on sc, wade had a good team and couldnt take over single handed... we will see when the season starts ................................goodluck BJ MOORE

:worthy: WADE SKAGGS

just imagine what he would do with teammates.. he has already done alot without them lol.. but Skaggs is a good player i give them both credit.. should be fun to see the JC SC game this year to bad moore dont have as much help as what skaggs will have..
Super-Card Wrote:What has Skaggs ever done to justify him as better than Moore? Everytime the 2 have played head to head Moore has outplayed Skaggs. Skaggs has also had more help thean Moore and Moore still out-performs. Moore is without question the best player in the 15h.

As I said it could go both ways. You cant argue that Skaggs isn't a top 3 player in the region but in my personal opinion he is better.
Pikeville Soph. Ethan Rowe is going to make himself known this year. Work hard in the off-season and is looking good in pre-season workouts.
Martin should be higher than 9....