Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 68 Woodford Co. 35
Final

JJ Jude sets the state record for 586 rushing yards and 6 TDs... JC as a team set the state record for 775 total rushing yards in a game.

Congrats Eagles & Mr. Jude!
Congrats Golden Eagles! Kind of surprised they gave up 35 to Woodford though. How much of that was against the JV defense?
JC let Woodford score late in the fourth just so they could get the record. I felt for Woodford Co. especially with Johnson Central up by so many scores and here Matney is worried about the record.
Nice job JJ, you deserve it! Couldn't have happened to a better kid!
I just heard the coach on the radio say that JJ had two 80 yard runs called back. Wow!

Congrats to the young man!
Checklist for my day....
JC wins to go 7-2 and breaks two state rushing records - CHECK
Watch Big Blue Madness - CHECK
Watch Loserville get beat - CHECK

That's what I call a good 6 hours.
They could break the record again when they play your team!
Game went as most of us predicted.
congrats johnson central.
All Woodford points came against the JV and Frosh teams of JC
Congrats JC
IRISH4 Wrote:All Woodford points came against the JV and Frosh teams of JC

And the last TD was scored when JC refused to tackle the player, so JJ had a chance for a couple of carries and the record. Just saying what others are reporting. :popcorn:
R U serius. Risk a playes health.
Congrats JC
Guys let get real here. If any coach has a chance for a kid to set a state record he will let him. Once in a life chance. Matney was subbing in the third series with 5 min to play in the first quarter! He let Woodford score 38 points.

There is some past history here and if I am correct we do not play them next year. Nothing wrong with correcting the balance sheet the last game of the series. But again, you sub in the first quarter and let them score 38 points, how is that all that bad?
MonsterMan Wrote:Guys let get real here. If any coach has a chance for a kid to set a state record he will let him. Once in a life chance. Matney was subbing in the third series with 5 min to play in the first quarter! He let Woodford score 38 points.

There is some past history here and if I am correct we do not play them next year. Nothing wrong with correcting the balance sheet the last game of the series. But again, you sub in the first quarter and let them score 38 points, how is that all that bad?

I guess you and I have a different defintion of sportsmanship then. Last year MacShara probably could of broken this record against 2 or 3 teams that Boyle played but French had more class than that to let the kid stay in for 4 quarters for the sake of breaking a record. He had a state title on his mind more than letting a kid break a record against an inferior team.
Great job Eagles!! Congrads JJ.
Hatz Wrote:And the last TD was scored when JC refused to tackle the player, so JJ had a chance for a couple of carries and the record. Just saying what others are reporting. :popcorn:

Well that's totally bull! No player from JC refused to tackle anybody during last nights game. That series you were referring to had almost all freshman and a few sophomores on the field for JC. All players on Johnson Central's team had extensive playing time last night. JC started subbing when they were up 28-0. This refusing to tackle rumor was started by someone over on the other site that wasn't even at the game. They even went for a field goal on first down instead of going in for another touchdown, which by the way was blocked and returned for a Woodford TD. Woodford also returned a kick for a td and even attempted a coulple of on side kicks. The players from Woodford didn't quit so why would the players from Johnson Central?
Don Carlo Wrote:Well that's totally bull! No player from JC refused to tackle anybody during last nights game. That series you were referring to had almost all freshman and a few sophomores on the field for JC. All players on Johnson Central's team had extensive playing time last night. JC started subbing when they were up 28-0. This refusing to tackle rumor was started by someone over on the other site that wasn't even at the game. They even went for a field goal on first down instead of going in for another touchdown, which by the way was blocked and returned for a Woodford TD. Woodford also returned a kick for a td and even attempted a coulple of on side kicks. The players from Woodford didn't quit so why would the players from Johnson Central?

I can remember a time when Hatz in the other world was such a quality poster. Who knows whatever happened to that guy. This imposter is for some reason fanatically obsessed about every little thing that Johnson Central does. Oh, for the days when you could read a Hatz post and not roll your eyes. Perhaps it is the same guy, but the years have not been so kind to him and has just made him bitter and senile.
Don Carlo Wrote:Well that's totally bull! No player from JC refused to tackle anybody during last nights game. That series you were referring to had almost all freshman and a few sophomores on the field for JC. All players on Johnson Central's team had extensive playing time last night. JC started subbing when they were up 28-0. This refusing to tackle rumor was started by someone over on the other site that wasn't even at the game. They even went for a field goal on first down instead of going in for another touchdown, which by the way was blocked and returned for a Woodford TD. Woodford also returned a kick for a td and even attempted a coulple of on side kicks. The players from Woodford didn't quit so why would the players from Johnson Central?
The TV crew covering the game said that the Johnson Central's kicker ran off the field instead of trying to tackle the WC runner. I was looking at another screen and listening to the game on iHigh at that time because the game was already in the bag. But the rumor did not originate from somebody who was not at the game.
This was obviously expected! Congrats Eagles and JJ!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Also, since nobody from Highlands has asked yet, yes we did throw and complete passes this game. In fact the first one went for a TD to Parker. So our offense was balanced like you guys want us to be. Smile

In all seriousness, this crap about refusing to tackle gets old. Freshman kickoff team was in the entire second half on kickoffs. Just about everyone on the team got in on D the second half. Backup QB got snaps in the second half too.

As a side note, I believe Matney also had Jesse Watts set the state record for passing yards single game at Sheldon Clark in the early 90's. Has any coach ever had players set state records for passing AND rushing?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The TV crew covering the game said that the Johnson Central's kicker ran off the field instead of trying to tackle the WC runner. I was looking at another screen and listening to the game on iHigh at that time because the game was already in the bag. But the rumor did not originate from somebody who was not at the game.

JC had their freshman kicker in at that point but I gurantee you he wasn't told to not tackle the return man,if that was the case why would the other ten players go down field and attempt to tackle the return man? I beg to differ with you on the origin of the rumor. It was posted on preps by a mod from Belfry and here was his exact words," So after the kickoff, the JC defense let Woodford score on their first play". This is complete bologna and I'll stand by this to the very last breath I take. JC emptied there bench and all players saw extensive playing time. The tv crew that you're reffering to are Woodford County supporters and they've cried for the past three years about everything but yet some take it as the complete gospel. I wonder what wsip's men had to say about it? The Woodford broadcasters where complaining about a freshman kicker not making a tackle and now it's turned in to Johnson Central planning this to get the ball back. How much faith can anybody put in a freshman kicker to tackle anybody, let alone a return man with a full head of steam.
Don Carlo Wrote:JC had their freshman kicker in at that point but I gurantee you he wasn't told to not tackle the return man,if that was the case why would the other ten players go down field and attempt to tackle the return man? I beg to differ with you on the origin of the rumor. It was posted on preps by a mod from Belfry and here was his exact words," So after the kickoff, the JC defense let Woodford score on their first play". This is complete bologna and I'll stand by this to the very last breath I take. JC emptied there bench and all players saw extensive playing time. The tv crew that you're reffering to are Woodford County supporters and they've cried for the past three years about everything but yet some take it as the complete gospel. I wonder what wsip's men had to say about it? The Woodford broadcasters where complaining about a freshman kicker not making a tackle and now it's turned in to Johnson Central planning this to get the ball back. How much faith can anybody put in a freshman kicker to tackle anybody, let alone a return man with a full head of steam.

I have no dog in this fight, and I am not taking sides.

I hope it isn't true because that would be kind of sad, but the post on the other site said it was the WSIP guys who reported it to start with.

If WSIP archives their broadcasts, maybe that would shed some light on it.
Don Carlo Wrote:JC had their freshman kicker in at that point but I gurantee you he wasn't told to not tackle the return man,if that was the case why would the other ten players go down field and attempt to tackle the return man? I beg to differ with you on the origin of the rumor. It was posted on preps by a mod from Belfry and here was his exact words," So after the kickoff, the JC defense let Woodford score on their first play". This is complete bologna and I'll stand by this to the very last breath I take. JC emptied there bench and all players saw extensive playing time. The tv crew that you're reffering to are Woodford County supporters and they've cried for the past three years about everything but yet some take it as the complete gospel. I wonder what wsip's men had to say about it? The Woodford broadcasters where complaining about a freshman kicker not making a tackle and now it's turned in to Johnson Central planning this to get the ball back. How much faith can anybody put in a freshman kicker to tackle anybody, let alone a return man with a full head of steam.
So, where did the preps moderator get the idea that Johnson Central let the Woodford runner score intentionally? Was he at the game? I watched the return in question after my post and the camera crew did a poor job covering it, so there is no footage does not show the kicker or any JC players in close pursuit.

I got tired of listening to the TV crew whining and was tempted to turn off the sound. I can certainly see a freshman kicker not used to seeing varsity action having a mental lapse and just hurrying to get off the field after kicking off. But unless the moderator that you mentioned was at the game, he did not start the rumor. The Woodford TV crew or one of the radio crews covering the game did.

I am not commenting one way or another on the second half of the game but I would like to hear Coach Matney explain his thinking on some of the things that happened late in the game. Johnson Central was certainly not trying to run up the score or they would have scored 80 points or more with their starting offense in the game most of the second half.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I have no dog in this fight, and I am not taking sides.

I hope it isn't true because that would be kind of sad, but the post on the other site said it was the WSIP guys who reported it to start with.

If that is true, then broadcasters from both Johnson Central and Woodford County saw the play the same way. So, it is wrong to blame somebody for posting it as a fact based on the media accounts, whether the report was erroneous or not.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I have no dog in this fight, and I am not taking sides.

Even if they did make this statement how would they know if that was truly the case? The call could have been based on there opinion only since they have nobody on the sidelines during the game. Like Diogenes previously stated the freshman kickoff team was in the entire second half on kickoffs,just about everyone on the team got in on D the second half and the backup QB got snaps in the second half too.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If that is true, then broadcasters from both Johnson Central and Woodford County saw the play the same way. So, it is wrong to blame somebody for posting it as a fact based on the media accounts, whether the report was erroneous or not.

The Woodford people were talking about the kickoff while the mod on the other site was talking about a defensive series. All I know is the players weren't told to miss tackles on purpose. Almost the entire second half was played with a freshman kickoff team and a freshman/jv defense as Diogenes previously stated. The freshman and jv defense also dropped about three interceptions as well but I don't see anyone accusing them of intentionally dropping those pics. Also lost in all of this is do people actually think that freshman and jv players tackle and play as good as there varsity teammates? I may be wrong but I believe that Woodford had a lot of varsity seniors playing last night late because it was senior night. Maybe people should just stop with the theories and just realize when you have a lot of seniors going against a lot of freshman and sophomores it can look ugly,as was the case in last night game.
I have watched the play several more times on iHigh, and the camera does show the kicker running off of the field just before the Woodford player runs behind him in front of the JC bench. The kicker looks back over his shoulder as the Woodford player runs down the sideline to the end zone.

Whether it was just a mental mistake on the kicker's part or not, the conclusion that both the WSIP and Woodford County announcers reached was not unreasonable. I know that the Woodford TV crew was very biased but I don't think Spike Burkheimer has any ax to grind with Johnson Central.

Had the kicker been just a few steps slower getting off the field, the returner might have run over him.
Don Carlo Wrote:The Woodford people were talking about the kickoff while the mod on the other site was talking about a defensive series. All I know is the players weren't told to miss tackles on purpose. Almost the entire second half was played with a freshman kickoff team and a freshman/jv defense as Diogenes previously stated. The freshman and jv defense also dropped about three interceptions as well but I don't see anyone accusing them of intentionally dropping those pics.
Dropping interceptions would not have given Jude any more carries, so why would anybody have suggested that the drops were intentional? I think that the accusations that were made were aimed at implying that Johnson Central intentionally extended the game to give Jude more carries and a better chance to break the individual rushing record.