Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 14th?
UkFan23 Wrote:Davis will be out for half of the season though with a injury, I think.

I hate that for him. You know what happened?
UkFan23 Wrote:Davis will be out for half of the season though with a injury, I think.

That's awful....
i know he tore something in his knee. i cant remember if it was his meniscus, acl, or both.
TEAMS:

1- Hazard - Most Talent, and everyone knows what Coach Holland does with talent. Will miss Whitaker but I think this becomes Soph. Jordan Olinger's team now.

2- Perry - Good size, thats all Coach Hatcher needs. Lost a great PG but with the "big" Cornett brothers, they will be in the hunt.

3- Knott - Lost more than anyone, But Jr. Zach Davis will lead this team back into the mix.

4- Letcher - Good returning players, with some size.

5- Estill - Talent, size, and a new Coach.

6- Wolfe - Young talent ,with alot of playing time last year.

7- Buckhorn - Matt Day will carry his team as far as one person can go.

8- Lee - Played alot of young players last year, should be good for them this season.

9- Leslie - Lost Whitaker but still has Asher, and some good young players.

10- Breathitt - Alot everything but has a good Soph. class, will be a growing year.

PLAYERS:

1- M. Day (Buckhorn) 6'5 - Can play anywhere on the court.
2- Z. Davis (Knott) 6'3 - Strong player, with alot of talent.
3- J. Olinger (Hazard) 6'1 - Go get it player, best rebounded in the region.
4- D. Cornett (Perry) 6'8 - Just to big for most players in the 14th.
5- B. Combs (Hazard) 6'2 - Had a bad year, but very able to be a top player.
ekff Wrote:TEAMS:

1- Hazard - Most Talent, and everyone knows what Coach Holland does with talent. Will miss Whitaker but I think this becomes Soph. Jordan Olinger's team now.

2- Perry - Good size, thats all Coach Hatcher needs. Lost a great PG but with the "big" Cornett brothers, they will be in the hunt.

3- Knott - Lost more than anyone, But Jr. Zach Davis will lead this team back into the mix.

8- Lee - Played alot of young players last year, should be good for them this season.

10- Breathitt - Alot everything but has a good Soph. class, will be a growing year.

PLAYERS:

Day is a excellent player, but he cannot shoot.
Not taking anything away from Buckhorn with that statement..I expect them to make some big noise this year.. I heard they are running their ball club 5 miles a day.. Not to mention they have a pretty tough guard (Jimmy Glenn) who can get it done from 3 point land, and likes to drive to the basket pretty quickly.. Only problem is he is very undersized.
I've seen M. Day hit 5 3's in a game twice, so thats good to me. I've scouted him alot and he's not the best shooter but he can make big shots.
ekff Wrote:I've seen M. Day hit 5 3's in a game twice, so thats good to me. I've scouted him alot and he's not the best shooter but he can make big shots.

I understand he's a great player.
He is also a contender for top player in the District IMO.
However, I think it's because he is all that Buckhorn has.
Put him at Perry and he would be an effective PF, but he would not be the stud he is at BHS.
To say that he has been all Buckhorn has had would be an insult to the team over there these past two years. While Buckhorn has not been necessarily loaded with talent during Day's first two years, they did have some pretty good players to go with him. Last year, they had Stidham and Colwell who are both part of the jv program at Pikeville College right now and the year before that they had Andy Blank who was Player of the year for the Region, if I am not mistaken. So, he has played with some good guys and against good competition and still put up very good numbers. This year, however, remains to be seen as it will be the first year that teams will focus solely on shutting him down.

PLAYERS:

Good post EKFF. I hope to see a lot more of your post bout the 14th on this upcoming basketball season.
Hazard Perry and Knott at the top with about 4 other teams that could be good if things work out for them.
If Estill Co. got John as a coach. Don't over look them this year. John was a good basketball player at Hazard and EKU. If he can get them to play, Estill will be in a mix.

1. Hazard(They have more stater coming back)
Wolfe(They was a young team last year)
Estill(like i said at the top)
Perry (I have them down this far because i heard they they will have a 7th grader as a starter)(This coach like the 1950's basketball slow it down)
Knott(They lose there O from last season)
You can put these teams these other teams from 2-5.
cj2561 Wrote:If Estill Co. got John as a coach. Don't over look them this year. John was a good basketball player at Hazard and EKU. If he can get them to play, Estill will be in a mix.

1. Hazard(They have more stater coming back)
Wolfe(They was a young team last year)
Estill(like i said at the top)
Perrgrader as a startey (I have them down this far because i heard they they will have a 7th r)(This coach like the 1950's basketball slow it down)
Knott(They lose there O from last season)
You can put these teams these other teams from 2-5.

Who is the 7th grader, first Ive heard of that?
MVP2 Wrote:Who is the 7th grader, first Ive heard of that?

The 7th graders name is Braxton Beverly. Not so sure he will start but you never know. He is a great 7th grade player. Heard he was national ranked in his class.
I can't see Hatcher starting a 7th grader.
Aslan Wrote:I can't see Hatcher starting a 7th grader.

Me either, I have hear of the Braxton kid but I just dont Hatcher going with someone that young and inexperience.
braxton will start freshman and probably jv. he wont start varsity, hes not big or strong enough. he could possibly get some minutes in varsity though.
Aslan Wrote:1. Knott
2. Hazard
3. Perry
4. Letcher
5. Wolfe

:Thumbs:

PLAYERS:

Looks GREAT! :Thumbs: The only thing that I would change in this one would be to put Matt Day at either 2 or 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
MVP2 Wrote:Who is the 7th grader, first Ive heard of that?

Some Beverly kid that go to R.W. Combs. The few time i saw them play, he didn't show me nothing. His Cousin or uncle play at DC back when they won the All A in 1993.
cj2561 Wrote:Some Beverly kid that go to R.W. Combs. The few time i saw them play, he didn't show me nothing. His Cousin or uncle play at DC back when they won the All A in 1993.

Who, Heston?

Davis will be back before a lot of people think. He tore a meniscus in his knee and has already been cleared to run on it again so I dont think it will be too much longer before he is all the way back. He probably wont be back to 100% right away but he probably will be by mid season.
fanatic11 Wrote:Davis will be back before a lot of people think. He tore a meniscus in his knee and has already been cleared to run on it again so I dont think it will be too much longer before he is all the way back. He probably wont be back to 100% right away but he probably will be by mid season.

From what I have heard he should back a few days before the WYMT Mountain Classic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fanatic11 Wrote:Davis will be back before a lot of people think. He tore a meniscus in his knee and has already been cleared to run on it again so I dont think it will be too much longer before he is all the way back. He probably wont be back to 100% right away but he probably will be by mid season.

This is good to hear. With him 100%, Knott will be the favorites again imo for district and region.
I think lee Should be in front of Estill. Donatarious Pittman is probably one of the most underrated players in the 14th. He will suprise alot. Lee Co. will Also.
Ball4life20 Wrote:I think lee Should be in front of Estill. Donatarious Pittman is probably one of the most underrated players in the 14th. He will suprise alot. Lee Co. will Also.

Yeah, but Lee Co can't count on him to single handidly carry the Bobcats this year. I do realize that Tyler Evans is also very good as well and will be a major contributor as well but I want to see who is going to step up this year and give Lee Co that 3rd and maybe even 4th double-digit scorer in the lineup. Should be interesting to see how Travis Mays, Brant Cornelius, Blake Gabbard, and the rest of the supporting cast step up with the much needed experience they got last year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]