Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(8)Auburn 37 Kentucky 34
Aslan Wrote:Ouch!
I will respectfully disagree. I believe Cobb gives us the best chance to win.

Unfortunately it's the truth. Cobb was an experiment that just did not work behind the center. You can't put someone back there that the Center had to keep telling him what the play is. I like Cobb, but he is NO QB
Once again UK Cant contain a Duel Threat QB.
Aslan Wrote:Ouch!
I will respectfully disagree. I believe Cobb gives us the best chance to win.

Same here!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Same here!

I love Cobb, no one on the team has more talent than him. He is an amazing player but you really think he needs to be our QB and him at QB gives us the best chance to win? Who is he going to throw to? Matthews can go up and make a play but can he do the things Cobb does to help us move down the field? What if most defenses try to put pressure on Cobb the whole game and make him throw, who is make the plays he does down field? Love or Hate him, Hartline at QB gives us the best chance at winning right now.
We beat Auburn on the road and Georgia with Newton and Cobb sharing the backfield last year. We've already lost to Auburn and will lose to Georgia with Hartline. Hartline has improved but he does not give us the best chance to win.
Aslan Wrote:We beat Auburn on the road and Georgia with Newton and Cobb sharing the backfield last year. We've already lost to Auburn and will lose to Georgia with Hartline. Hartline has improved but he does not give us the best chance to win.

Yeah! Hartline is so ONE dimensional that its funny! We need to have a dual threat QB behind center which would be either Cobb or Newton and I think it would be a great idea to use both of them interchangibly in every game! I believe that would give us the best chance to win every game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aye, I like Newton. As Aslan said Newton went on the road as a freshman and got us two big SEC wins against Auburn and GA, that is something that we dont do every year. I'm saying Hartline gives us a better chance of winning over Cobb being our QB.
MVP2 Wrote:Aye, I like Newton. As Aslan said Newton went on the road as a freshman and got us two big SEC wins against Auburn and GA, that is something that we dont do every year. I'm saying Hartline gives us a better chance of winning over Cobb being our QB.

I agree but I don't agree, Hartline is a great passing QB but that is all and I think that kind of limits Kentucky's play calling offensively and makes it easier on the defense to read the plays IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MVP2 Wrote:Aye, I like Newton. As Aslan said Newton went on the road as a freshman and got us two big SEC wins against Auburn and GA, that is something that we dont do every year. I'm saying Hartline gives us a better chance of winning over Cobb being our QB.

IMO we should do what we did last year. Newton playing QB and run a lot of the wild Cobb. UK has a ton of speed with Newton, Cobb, Locke in the backfield and is hard to stop.
And if Hartline were playing in those games last year, we would not have won.
Aslan Wrote:IMO we should do what we did last year. Newton playing QB and run a lot of the wild Cobb. UK has a ton of speed with Newton, Cobb, Locke in the backfield and is hard to stop.

Thats pretty much what I'm saying, I completely agree!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:Thats pretty much what I'm saying, I completely agree!

That formula gave us the best chance to win last year and I know it would this year as well. :Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote:IMO we should do what we did last year. Newton playing QB and run a lot of the wild Cobb. UK has a ton of speed with Newton, Cobb, Locke in the backfield and is hard to stop.

You may be right on that, We'll never know but I think Hartline looks like a completely different player this year than last season though.
Take heart UK fans. Basketball season starts next week!!!
I thought Hartline played an overall good game. Am I in the minority?
He played well. Obviously not good enough to win.
Aslan Wrote:He played well. Obviously not good enough to win.

He had a good passing game but Randall Cobb contributed in just about every way possible and it looked like he was going to carry the team to victory like he did many times last year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
leecoukfan Wrote:He had a good passing game but Randall Cobb contributed in just about every way possible and it looked like he was going to carry the team to victory like he did many times last year.

Yes Cobb did, and thankfully he did not QB yesterday. It would not have been possible to put up the accurate numbers that hartline did, and had Cobb been behind center, UK would have lost yesterday by 21+ do to the poor throwing decisions that has resulted in him not QB'ing in the first place. Trust me, I am a huge Cobb fan, but good lord people, he is not a quarterback - serious!
Stardust Wrote:Yes Cobb did, and thankfully he did not QB yesterday. It would not have been possible to put up the accurate numbers that hartline did, and had Cobb been behind center, UK would have lost yesterday by 21+ do to the poor throwing decisions that has resulted in him not QB'ing in the first place. Trust me, I am a huge Cobb fan, but good lord people, he is not a quarterback - serious!

Yeah, well I guess that why he threw for a Touchdown yesterday because he makes poor throwing decisions and is not a quarterback! :lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:Yes Cobb did, and thankfully he did not QB yesterday. It would not have been possible to put up the accurate numbers that hartline did, and had Cobb been behind center, UK would have lost yesterday by 21+ do to the poor throwing decisions that has resulted in him not QB'ing in the first place. Trust me, I am a huge Cobb fan, but good lord people, he is not a quarterback - serious!

We should go back to what we did last year after Hartline's injury because what were doing is not working. Let Newton and Cobb rotate at that position. Run the ball quite a bit out of the wild Cobb occasionally try to catch the D off guard and throw a pass. Play kind of conservative with Newton and give Lock 15+ carries. We at least won a few SEC games that way. At this rate we might not win one this year. There' a good possibility were the worst team in the SEC. Go ahead and groom Newton for next year because UK is not making a bowl this year.
Aslan Wrote:We should go back to what we did last year after Hartline's injury because what were doing is not working. Let Newton and Cobb rotate at that position. Run the ball quite a bit out of the wild Cobb occasionally try to catch the D off guard and throw a pass. Play kind of conservative with Newton and give Lock 15+ carries. We at least won a few SEC games that way. At this rate we might not win one this year. There' a good possibility were the worst team in the SEC. Go ahead and groom Newton for next year because UK is not making a bowl this year.

We don't have SEC level coaching. I don't care what athletes you put out there. This is not meant to be downing Joker, but he does not have credentials to be an SEC head coach.
Proud of the guys to fight and scratch back in the second half. They showed some real heart and fight- bad play calling and tough breaks kill us in the end. Use it as a stepping stone and get the big win against USC next week!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't believe people are dogging Hartline after last nights game!

The offense was terrific. Either in the coventional set with Hartline or in the wildcat with Cobb. And that was without Locke for half the game.

The blame goes squarely on th defense. Plain and simple. They started with a poor game plan for Auburn.
Why the **** are you are talking about Cobb? I was talking about Morgan Newton, who is 5-2 as a starter.

Some of you would really like to see Cobb be at QB and not doing all the things he was doing last night?
Stardust Wrote:We don't have SEC level coaching. I don't care what athletes you put out there. This is not meant to be downing Joker, but he does not have credentials to be an SEC head coach.

Confusedhh:
FBALL Wrote:Yeah fire him. Just kidding.

UK's defense is horrible and cost them this game.

Blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz. Newton is much less effective running or throwing when forced to make a quick decision.

The last drive was too concervative for the UK defense. I would have brought the house and made a big play one way or another. The only chance this defense has is to take some gambles.

Could not agree more with this statement. I couldn't have said it better myself.
FBALL Wrote:I can't believe people are dogging Hartline after last nights game!

LWC Wrote:I thought Hartline played an overall good game. Am I in the minority?

I'm not dogging him.
Cobb had a rushing TD, a receiving TD, and a throwing TD. This is why I am a huge Randell Cobb fan.

Our defense needs to STEP it UP. Defense whens you ball games, and if we would have had a better defensive day. We take this game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I don't see how we're on this board dogging Mike Hartline for last nights game, Hartline made some very good decisions with the ball. If there is blame to go around it's conservative play calling in the 4th quarter after going for it on 4th down and then being conservative on that last possession by Auburn by sitting back and playing a 4-3 with a cover 2 look. If Auburn had come out in a spread then I could understand, but when you have 2 tight ends with solos on the left and right and one back in the backfield, then you have to stack the box, and play 0 coverage all around to stop the run. Period, if there is blame to go around last night, once again, it's with our defensive coordinator
LWC Wrote:I thought Hartline played an overall good game. Am I in the minority?

i thought he did as well, i disagree with cobb beening full time qb,may be newton could be, but if you put cobb back there then your limiting what he can do playing so many different poistions, if hes full time qb, they wont have him returning kicksoff or punts for one, because thats what got him hurt 2yrs ago in the TN game..if he was to get hurt then there you go again needing another qb..
Newton has two huge road wins against Auburn and Georgia. What big wins does Hartline has under his belt? Confusedhh: