Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County 21 Russell 7
final
Much better game than I expected to see. Russell was right in there with the #2 team in the state. The loss of Davidson really hurt Russell. I hope to see a rematch between these two.
Congrats to the Royals. Closer than I expected.
LWC Wrote:Congrats to the Royals. Closer than I expected.

what i was thinking
Russell is not as down as some would like.
Russell has been pretty good except for the total implotion against Ashland and the interception fest at Greenup.
Russell played a very good game against a team that had two exceptional players. The penalties kept Russell right in the game. As Fball indicates Russell is not as bad as many would like. Russell played with heart tonight.

Congrates to Mason. They were the better team tonight.
I liked what I saw when they put Googie in at QB and used Cooper to run the ball.
Midee1 Wrote:I liked what I saw when they put Googie in at QB and used Cooper to run the ball.

I would agree. Cooper is a very good back, and Googie needs to be on the field touching the ball. McGloan will see this as time goes on. I just hope he sees it sooner than later..
Good job by the Royals. How did Pawsatt and Gilbert do?
Grats Mason C
Mason Co. 0 7 7 7 21
Russell 7 0 0 0 0
Scoring summary:
R--Patrick Cooper 20 run (Tanner Locey kick); MC--Jordan Gilbert 24 pass from Neal Pawsat (Gilbert kick); MC--T. Chenault 16 run (Gilbert kick); MC--Josh Harris 5 run (Gilbert kick).
Records: Russell 4-4, Mason Co. 6-1

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z11qp1piin
Also not a bad performance by Russell cosidering two key starters were out due to injury. Hopefully Davidson and Bailey can return to the lineup soon.
Jeepman Wrote:I would agree. Cooper is a very good back, and Googie needs to be on the field touching the ball. McGloan will see this as time goes on. I just hope he sees it sooner than later..

Why would it take half a season or more for McGloan to see this when it was clear from day one, any coach should have as many playmakers on the field as possible thats coaching 101
Congrats to Mason Co.
mightydog Wrote:Why would it take half a season or more for McGloan to see this when it was clear from day one, any coach should have as many playmakers on the field as possible thats coaching 101

Well it might take coach McGlone half a season because the kid just moved here this summer. He has practiced moved up and learned. Also he is just a sophmore.

Let's see. Young but talented player never played in this system. Takes a while for him learn the system and what the coaches want. Does "coaching 101" say anything about this. we know Ivan has never been successful in all his years of coaching. Surely he can use a copy of football for dummies by some Joe shmoe wanna be on a Internet web site.

Please!
FBALL Wrote:Well it might take coach McGlone half a season because the kid just moved here this summer. He has practiced moved up and learned. Also he is just a sophmore.

Let's see. Young but talented player never played in this system. Takes a while for him learn the system and what the coaches want. Does "coaching 101" say anything about this. we know Ivan has never been successful in all his years of coaching. Surely he can use a copy of football for dummies by some Joe shmoe wanna be on a Internet web site.

Please!
Yes Ivan is the pope of high school football. Let's bow to his genius. He's perfect.:notworthy
Ivan is terrible. Cooper is a good back but with less than 3 minutes left in the game wouldn't you let someone down by 14 run the ball, stay in bounds, and get 10 yards per carry? They played a soft coverage defense and let Ivan the great run out his own clock like he had the lead. Maybe he was looking across the field at his field name placard on the Mason stands??? He was trying to get his team to spike the ball when even his young team knew they had to take a time out. And what about the delay of game with 4th and 2? Ivan is to blame for this - he brought up the on side kick that Kennedy flubbed as a game changing mistake by someone young but what about the delay of game flub by Ivan. Maybe it is more important to wear out the QB by running them to the side line and get the added bonus of burning the clock (when you're down by 14) than to get the play off in time, score and give your team a chance. I respect Ivan and his record but we have no chance in a close game with him. Great job by Morris and his defensive plan though - there's your head coach. PLEASE GIVE THE TEAM TO MORRIS NEXT YEAR - THEY HAVE WAY TOO MUCH POTENTIAL TO STRUGGLE THROUGH ANOTHER MAGLONE SEASON. Sorry - just stating my opinion.....
For any players reading this thread Great Effort, Great Game! What a gutsy effort by a great group of kids!!!!!!! Kick Lewis' rear and then get fired up for Raceland. You will exceed everyone's expectations in the playoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Ivan is not the pope and he is not perfect. But alot of people have been complaining about be too coservative and not knowing what he is doing. What a Joke. Most of you can't even spell his name.
First off, those who are complaining either never played football for Coach McGLONE or may have been on one of his teams but didn't play much, as for the conservitive part yes I DO NOT understand how a team just walks around the WHOLE game like they own the world, the DEVILS have been like this for awhile now (and way to long if you ask me), they act like they have NO hurry in them or anything, I don't know the answer is but they do need to do something about it.
As far I the game last night, the onside kick was the turning point of the game, but the DEVILS did play better than I thought and BY NO MEANS is Mason the #2 team in 3A, because if they are then 3A is alot weaker than I though. Don't get mean wrong Russeell played a decent game, but Mason DID NOT impress me at all.
And I would love to see what would happen with Davidson and Baily in the line up.
Russell played a good ball game. Good to see Googie at QB. Still believe he should start in the backfield. Korzep showed he should be the FB, with Spardlin the other RB. Mason Co. helped Russell stay in the game with 2 TD's called back. Very undiscisplined on there part. And how in the world did Mason get that punt off with a bad snap and fumble around with the ball ?????????? Agree with RD1981. The players bailed :worthy: Ivan out last night. Wanting to spike the ball on 4th down, letting the clock run out with the ball, delay of game after a timeout ???????????? I understand that some people think :worthy:Ivan walks on water or parted the sea. But for me I don't wear Maroon colored glasses. I call it like it is.
The players played a very good game and should heal up with Lewis next week.
Hear that. That's the sound of an ax grinding.
Its amazing. Your team plays good game against one of the top teams in the state and all some want to do is criticize the coach.

I think your right 89.
Thanks FBALL, that's the way it has always been though. When they are winning he's one of the best around and when something goes wrong then he's out of it and need's to hang it up. It's been that way since what the 80's maybe, hmmmmm.
80s, try the 70s
Here is one thing I will agree with the ax grinders on. I hate the QB running to the sideline for every play. If it's me. Go back to rotating players running the plays in or signal them in. To me that does waste too much time and just doesn't make much sense.
By the way. Congratulations to Mason County for all but wrapping up the district championship.