Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Ashland Updates
Johnson Central 21 Ashland 0 still in 1st quarter.
Dang
Johnson Central does not have a first down yet. Jude has 3 carries for 2 long touchdowns. JK Hall also had a long touchdown run.

Touchdown Ashland 5:44 left in 1st quarter. Ashland goes for two. Hunter to Withrow (sp.?). Incomplete.

21-6 JC leading.

WSIP lost their feed from Ashland, so hopefully somebody else can provide updates while I look for Dickie Martin's feed.
Dickie is on 97.1
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Poor Kitty Kiitty.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Johnson Central does not have a first down yet. Jude has 3 carries for 2 long touchdowns. JK Hall also had a long touchdown run.

Touchdown Ashland 5:44 left in 1st quarter. Ashland goes for two. Hunter to Withrow (sp.?). Incomplete.

21-6 JC leading.

WSIP lost their feed from Ashland, so hopefully somebody else can provide updates while I look for Dickie Martin's feed.

Not surprised by the score, but why do you go for 2?
Ashland scores to cut the lead to 21-14, then covers an on side kick. Jude with interception to stop the drive. JK Hall breaks another long run to Ashland's 29. Jude 4 carries for 134 yds. Hall has 84 yards rushing.

2nd and 33 for JC. First down on pass completion to Parker called back on another holding call. Jude gains 25 yards. 3rd and 20.

Bad snap on the punt. Ashland recovers. Flag on the play. JC gets another chance on 4th and 10 from Ashland 30. Pass interference. First down, JC from the Ashland 15.
Sounds like the zebras are keeping the Tomcats in the game.
The kitty cats come meowing back!
Armchair QB Wrote:Sounds like the zebras are keeping the Tomcats in the game.

Or JC is making some penalties!
Ousley with 6 yd. TD run. PA kick blocked.

27-14 JC
Johnson Central 27 Ashland 14 at the half. Ashland will receive to start the 2nd half.
The comeback begins......
When even Dickie says it's not a delay of game (and he said it)...you KNOW it's a bad call.

Big Highlands contingent out here tonight, btw. They're probably hoping this officiating crew doesn't show up in the playoffs, because zebras like these are the only team that might stand in their way to state...
They're probably hoping this officiating crew doesn't show up in the playoffs, because zebras like these are the only team that might stand in their way to state... lol
sstack Wrote:Or JC is making some penalties!
Maybe so. Just what it sounds like.
Based on the mood of Ashland's radio crew, it does not sound like they have much hope that Ashland has a shot at winning this game. They just don't think Ashland can stop JC's running game.
Ashland forces a JC punt on an incomplete 3rd down pass Hall to Sanor.

Ashland starts on their own 40.
Ashland has 18 yards rushing on 11 carries. JC had 285 yards rushing at the half.

Hunter to Withrow to JC 9 yd. line. 61 yards on completion. 2nd and 5, Watts to 1 yard line. 3rd and goal. 4th and goal from the 1. TD Hunter.

27-20 Johnson Central. 2 point attempt fails again.
Sounds like a good game....im an eagles fan, but i wanna know what ashlands coach is hoping to do by shooting themselves in the foot by going for 2 twice already and now they r down 7 instead of possibly 5????
Jude 17 carries for 213 yards. Hall has 103 yards rushing.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ashland has 18 yards rushing on 11 carries. JC had 285 yards rushing at the half.

Hunter to Withrow to JC 9 yd. line. 61 yards on completion. 2nd and 5, Watts to 1 yard line. 3rd and goal. 4th and goal from the 1. TD Hunter.

27-20 Johnson Central. 2 point attempt fails again.

Why do they keep trying for the 2 pt conversion? Does not make sense, and seems like bad coaching or absolutely no confidence in your kicker. Keep the extra pt and you are down 6, and a TD gives you the lead.
TD Johnson Central, Hall runs it in from the 1. 2 point conversion good on run by Hall.

JC 35 - 20

1:10 left in 3rd.
I have not heard the Ashland radio team comment on why Ashland has been going for two, but I suspect that they have no confidence in their kicking game. Otherwise, I think the crew would have raised the question themselves.
Ashland fumbles the kickoff. JC recovers. Hall runs to the 13. Ashland jumps off sides. JC first and goal from the 8.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have not heard the Ashland radio team comment on why Ashland has been going for two, but I suspect that they have no confidence in their kicking game. Otherwise, I think the crew would have raised the question themselves.

It seems the MNT teams play different than NKY does on the extra pt. JC just went for 2, if they miss, it is a 13 pt lead instead of a 2 TD lead. Great call if you make it, but if you miss it it could cost you the game. We usually only go for 2 if there is a penaty and the ball is moved half the distance to the goal line.
Up until the last 15 years or so it was very rare for a mtn team to kick the ball for the most part.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Jude fumbles. Ashland returns the ball and there is a late hit on JC. 2nd and 8 from JC 28. 3rd and 8 for Ashland. No running game at all for Ashland so far. Delay of game on Ashland, 3rd and 13. Defensive holding on JC, 3rd and 3 for Ashland. Pass tipped, caught by Ashland out of end zone. 4th and 3, time out Ashland. It sounds like the refs are having an off night. Bad calls both ways based on comments by Ashland's broadcast team.

On 4th and 3, Hunter rushes to JC 20 for first down. Hunter to Withrow incomplete. Hunter pass intercepted on the JC 10 yard line. Tyler Compton with pick.

JC 35-20 with 7:28 to play in game.
Ashland scores on 39 TD pass Hunter to Massey. 2 point conversion no good.

JC 35 Ashland 26

JC starts on their own 35 yard line.
Ashland has converted only one of its last 10 2 point conversion attempts, all in the last two games.

JC forced to punt again. Ashland downs it on their own 32 yard line with 2:03 left in game. Hunter throws his third interception to Compton of JC. 1:51 left in game.