Poll: who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
30.43%
Johnson Central
69.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Ashland 10/8
MonsterMan Wrote:Bell is one of the top teams in the sate period ths year. The point I was making was to an earleir comment on how bad Bell beat us and how that made him feel better. If you think Bell beating us makes Ashland job easier go for it. JC had played several tough games thorugh the first part of the year, but Friday will be back to full force. We will see then if the tough schedule has helped.

I was not saying that just because bell co blew out jc that Ashland will I only predicted the tomcats to win by 3 but someone said that jc would blowout Ashland cause jc is a running team like ironton. The truth is neither team will blow the other one out
grim_reminder Wrote:Does it really matter Ashland has a great tradition but the only thing that matters is the 11 players on the field friday night.

**** yes it matters! It's not the only thing but it is a big thing at least at Ashland.... Tradition never graduates!
MonsterMan Wrote:Bell is one of the top teams in the sate period ths year. The point I was making was to an earleir comment on how bad Bell beat us and how that made him feel better. If you think Bell beating us makes Ashland job easier go for it. JC had played several tough games thorugh the first part of the year, but Friday will be back to full force. We will see then if the tough schedule has helped.

:Thumbs:
**** yes it matters! It's not the only thing but it is a big thing at least at Ashland....Tradition never graduates!

Here has been most recent Ashland tradition for ya:

Seems like the most die hard Ashland tradition has been to get on these boards pregame against Johnson Central and rattle on about how "this is the year", "last year was a fluke","this is the most talented Ashland team in years", blah, blah, blah, and then be made to look like a fool after the game is played.

After last year, you would have thought you would have royally learned your lesson, but I guess your right, "tradition never dies". haha

Evidently you all must not have let the folks down at Dixie Heights in on that "tradition thingie" you all got going on down there last year either? :yikes:
Should be a good game but I do believe that Johnson Central will get the best of em and look for J.J. Jude to run all over them!

Johnson Central - 35

Ashland - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bob Seger Wrote:**** yes it matters! It's not the only thing but it is a big thing at least at Ashland....Tradition never graduates!

Here has been most recent Ashland tradition for ya:

Seems like the most die hard Ashland tradition has been to get on these boards pregame against Johnson Central and rattle on about how "this is the year", "last year was a fluke","this is the most talented Ashland team in years", blah, blah, blah, and then be made to look like a fool after the game is played.

After last year, you would have thought you would have royally learned your lesson, but I guess your right, "tradition never dies". haha

Evidently you all must not have let the folks down at Dixie Heights in on that "tradition
thingie"
you all got going on down there last year either? :yikes:

Yeah you won by a last ditch hail Mary pass not exactly domination!! Btw you guys have been going to state the last 4 yrs??? Funny thing haven't seen past region lately?? :flush:
Badcat74
Do you know what Coach Matney records is against your Ashland tradition. I believe something like 8-2 or 9-1. That seems to be the most critical tradition. Seems to me Ashalnd needs to get use to 2nd in the district as long as Matney is at JC.
Eagle84 Wrote:Badcat74
Do you know what Coach Matney records is against your Ashland tradition. I believe something like 8-2 or 9-1. That seems to be the most critical tradition. Seems to me Ashalnd needs to get use to 2nd in the district as long as Matney is at JC.

:please::popcorn:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Well just keep figuring an eat your popcorn!:biggrin:

I still am clueless!!!! I have used every word in the english language and can't figure this out. Can you hurry up and let me in on this mysterious word because all this popcorn is making me full. :igiveup::HitWall:
BADCAT74 Wrote:.

Yeah you won by a last ditch hail Mary pass not exactly domination!! Btw you guys have been going to state the last 4 yrs??? Funny thing haven't seen past region lately?? :flush:
Oh I see your still in "tradition" mode here.:blabbermo:blabbermo

Funny thing??? Well, here's the real funny thing. I would think that someone who cant even get past the first round of the playoffs would be a little more humble than to talk trash about a team who makes a habit of taking them to the woodshed every year.

Ashland has only been able to dream about being in Johnson Central's shoes for several years now. How's that for the real knee slapper?TongueirateSho
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh I see your still in "tradition" mode here.:blabbermo:blabbermo

Funny thing??? Well, here's the real funny thing. I would think that someone who cant even get past the first round of the playoffs would be a little more humble than to talk trash about a team who makes a habit of taking them to the woodshed every year.

Ashland has only been able to dream about being in Johnson Central's shoes for several years now. How's that for the real knee slapper?TongueirateSho

Oh wow u act like all the games have been blowouts when only one has every game has been competitive and when jc has a year when they are 4-8 we will see how tried and true the jc TRADITION is
Bob Seger Wrote:For the most part that is true, but not always my friend. I have heard him rattle on after getting drunk guzzling a quart of Dickie-Aide. Hasn't always been the most gracious at all times.
The only time that I have listened to him being interviewed has been after Ashland's only recent win over Johnson Central and after several Tomcats losses to the Golden Eagles. In those interviews, he has avoided following Dickie's lead.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Jcc playoff performance was non existent until a few yrs ago that hardly compares to ASHLANDS! Playoff performance....... :please: Jcc was a non factor since..... Ever! Until about 4 yrs ago How many region an state titles??
I am talking about this season and the history between the teams since Matney arrived on the scene. It is completely understandable that you would want to focus on the Ashland teams of the more distant past.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am talking about this season and the history between the teams since Matney arrived on the scene. It is completely understandable that you would want to focus on the Ashland teams of the more distant past.

And it is completely understandable that you jcc fans would not!:lmao:
BADCAT74 Wrote:And it is completely understandable that you jcc fans would!:lmao:
Of course it is, BadCat. Who would not prefer to watch the team that they support playing for its fifth straight district title in the current season? I have plenty of time left on this earth to talk about the good old days later.

Here's the thing, though. I will enjoy watching Johnson Central blow out the Tomcats Friday night. I will enjoy watching them go home with a one-point win. I will even enjoy watching them if they play a great game and Ashland finally manages to eek out another win against them at home. The only thing that would really spoil the night for me would be for JC to fumble away the game and lose big...and that is unlikely to happen.
BADCAT74 Wrote:And it is completely understandable that you jcc fans would not!:lmao:

This is one of the things that makes being a JC fan so much fun. We have gone from being everyones whipping boy to one of the teams in the state. So yes we prefer the present and if you advance in the district you do so in the present. Bring all your championsip hardware to the game and see if they will take that for the win.

As for not advancing past Highlands in the playoffs , no other team in 5A has done that so we are in elite company.
MonsterMan Wrote:This is one of the things that makes being a JC fan so much fun. We have gone from being everyones whipping boy to one of the teams in the state. So yes we prefer the present and if you advance in the district you do so in the present. Bring all your championsip hardware to the game and see if they will take that for the win.

As for not advancing past Highlands in the playoffs , no other team in 5A has done that so we are in elite company.

Yeah... well welcome to the party cause Ashland has been there for decades! An will continue to be long after this blip on the radar "JCC" has faded out! That's all part of that history thingie!:lmao:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yeah... well welcome to the party cause Ashland has been there for decades! An will continue to be long after this blip on the radar "JCC" has faded out! That's all part of that history thingie!:lmao:

It's "JC"...and I personally don't see anything fading. Go EAGLES!!!
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:[COLOR=""It's JC"]..and I personally don't see anything fading. Go EAGLES!!!

Yeah.... I know.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yeah... well welcome to the party cause Ashland has been there for decades! An will continue to be long after this blip on the radar "JCC" has faded out! That's all part of that history thingie!:lmao:

Time will tell, but we JC is sure enjoying this blip. Do not look for the blip to go away for awhile.

You must not be from Ashalnd as most Ashland fans are classy champions, I have some for friends. Where are you from?
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:It's "JC"...and I personally don't see anything fading. Go EAGLES!!!

[quote=MonsterMan]Time will tell, but we JC is sure enjoying this blip. Do not look for the blip to go away for awhile.

You must not be from Ashalnd as most Ashland fans are classy champions, I have some for friends. Where are you from?

Hahaha... You Jcc guys are really sensitive!
Fellow Central fans: I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

If we don't play SIGNIFICANTLY better than we have been, we will lose this game by two touchdowns. We haven't shown yet any inclination to stop the passing game, and this may be the best QB we've seen all year. This defense also has a lot of speed. We barely won this game at HOME last year, and they return almost everything but Alber.

Talking smack is fun and all, but we're going to have to back it up. And we're going to have to play our best game of the year by far to win against Ashland in Putnam. That's the reality.
Diogenes Wrote:Fellow Central fans: I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

If we don't play SIGNIFICANTLY better than we have been, we will lose this game by two touchdowns. We haven't shown yet any inclination to stop the passing game, and this may be the best QB we've seen all year. This defense also has a lot of speed. We barely won this game at HOME last year, and they return almost everything but Alber.

Talking smack is fun and all, but we're going to have to back it up. And we're going to have to play our best game of the year by far to win against Ashland in Putnam. That's the reality.

And that's all I'm doing is a little spicy smack talk just to get the juices flowing for a game that is as big as all the chatter! Or at least it has been the last few yrs. I think everyone from both sides is really fired up for this!! I know ASHLAND is!!!!!:redboxer: GO TOMCATS!!!!! No blood no foul. Right!
BADCAT74 Wrote:And that's all I'm doing is a little spicy smack talk just to get the juices flowing for a game that is as big as all the chatter! Or at least it has been the last few yrs. I think everyone from both sides is really fired up for this!! I know ASHLAND is!!!!!:redboxer: GO TOMCATS!!!!! No blood no foul. Right!

Nothing wrong with that. =)

I think we all know what we're up against on both sides here. We all expect a great game between two good teams with the district title on the line. If you can't get motivated for this, you may be dead.
:rockon:[quote=Diogenes]Nothing wrong with that. =)

I think we all know what we're up against on both sides here. We all expect a great game between two good teams with the district title on the line. If you can't get motivated for this, you may be dead.

:rockon:
Just so everybody knows, we are not Johnson County Central.........

We are Johnson Central.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Just so everybody knows, we are not Johnson County Central.........

We are Johnson Central.

I learned that last year. :biggrin:
BADCAT74 Wrote:.

If tradition could win football games Paintsville would never have lost the apple bowl lmao. JC by 21
Diogenes Wrote:Fellow Central fans: I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

I agree somewhat, we need to play any game hard. I feel with the rest and everyone healthy we will be ready, but we have to show up and play. I do not think Ashland can show us anymore talent than we have faced, and take away the second half at Bell, we have had a pretty solid year so far. Alot of our problems were just against solid great teams with guys hurt or tired. When we have played poor we have **** in and found a way to win, even on the road. Matney has owned Putnam and will have a great game plan. You are right though, if we show up not ready to play we will get beat, I do not see that happening Friday.
MonsterMan Wrote:I agree somewhat, we need to play any game hard. I feel with the rest and everyone healthy we will be ready, but we have to show up and play. I do not think Ashland can show us anymore talent than we have faced, and take away the second half at Bell, we have had a pretty solid year so far. Alot of our problems were just against solid great teams with guys hurt or tired. When we have played poor we have **** in and found a way to win, even on the road. Matney has owned Putnam and will have a great game plan. You are right though, if we show up not ready to play we will get beat, I do not see that happening Friday.

I think our offensive line will be the key. Ashland has a lot of speed up front, and if our offensive plays are deep handoffs/pitches or are slow to develop, they may spend a lot of the night in our backfield making plays for negative yardage (which we really cannot afford) - that is, unless our o-line plays a sharp, focused game. I would expect our game plan to be a lot of straight ahead plays attempting to negate that speed with power.