Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence @ Verity
dawgbyte02 Wrote:My point exactly. #32 out ran everybody on the LC defense. He was way faster than anybody LC had. Like you say Verity should have an easy time at LC on Oct. 9th.

I thought your point was that Verity cost themselves the game by failing to convert on a couple of 4th downs. My example of this strategy working with #32's TD run doesn't support your claim that Verity was bigger. I'd say our #32 is about the same size as your #28 and it's not like we have any lightening fast boys either. As for your ridiculous attempt to twist my words around, I don't think any of my comments can be misinterpreted to me saying that I think we'll "have an easy time on October 9th". Please don't put words in my mouth or assume you know what I meant by any of my comments. I think I have been fairly clear so far. I have no misconceptions about how hard it's going to be to win October 9th-especially at the "dawg pound".
As bad as it hurts I will agree with the ashland fan on this one. Verity was not bigger than us. We pounded their Defensive Line with our O-Line. We ran everything up the middle and they could not stop us. Verity's defensive tackles and defensive ends were getting whipped all night. As for the size on our defensive line verity could not hold their blocks on us. Their qb could not get a pass off when we rushed all of our D-Lineman. I think when we play verity again they will not play as close as they did because they gave everything they could against us once and they still couldn't beat us. They can't do it again and play with that emotion. We got real lucky they didnt play like that for two halves. I think verity's best players which looked like #44, #32, #72, #79, and #78 were not any were near the talent of our best players. Verity did not look good on the line. When we play them at home on October 9th we will beat verity by about 3 touchdowns.
Gatti-Ward Wrote:I thought your point was that Verity cost themselves the game by failing to convert on a couple of 4th downs. My example of this strategy working with #32's TD run doesn't support your claim that Verity was bigger. I'd say our #32 is about the same size as your #28 and it's not like we have any lightening fast boys either. As for your ridiculous attempt to twist my words around, I don't think any of my comments can be misinterpreted to me saying that I think we'll "have an easy time on October 9th". Please don't put words in my mouth or assume you know what I meant by any of my comments. I think I have been fairly clear so far. I have no misconceptions about how hard it's going to be to win October 9th-especially at the "dawg pound".

Last year Verity's 7th grade beat Lex Cath 20-0 if memory serves me right. So I noticed a couple of Verity's coaches with clipboards last Saturday when we played Bell Co. so I figure Lex Cath will have their hands full this Saturday when Verity comes to town.
Heard they had season tickets at their local competition games.
ManofGOD Wrote:Heard they had season tickets at their local competition games.

You heard that Verity sold season tickets for the middle school home games? I've been to every game and I don't know anything about this. I guess it could be the case, but doubtful.
knighted Wrote:Last year Verity's 7th grade beat Lex Cath 20-0 if memory serves me right. So I noticed a couple of Verity's coaches with clipboards last Saturday when we played Bell Co. so I figure Lex Cath will have their hands full this Saturday when Verity comes to town.

I was under the impression that we will have our hands more than full with your (currently undefeated?) 8th grade LexCath team. Hopefully it will be a good, competetive game to get us ready for our conference championship. Good luck to both teams and prayers for all the players' safety.
DawgPound56 Wrote:As bad as it hurts I will agree with the ashland fan on this one. Verity was not bigger than us. We pounded their Defensive Line with our O-Line. We ran everything up the middle and they could not stop us. Verity's defensive tackles and defensive ends were getting whipped all night. As for the size on our defensive line verity could not hold their blocks on us. Their qb could not get a pass off when we rushed all of our D-Lineman. I think when we play verity again they will not play as close as they did because they gave everything they could against us once and they still couldn't beat us. They can't do it again and play with that emotion. We got real lucky they didnt play like that for two halves. I think verity's best players which looked like #44, #32, #72, #79, and #78 were not any were near the talent of our best players. Verity did not look good on the line. When we play them at home on October 9th we will beat verity by about 3 touchdowns.

Glad to see that even the competition can agree with some of my assessments. I do however take exception with the opinion that we can't play with that much emotion again. I think we can play with even more since it's a shot at redemption. There is no doubt that this will be a hard fought battle for our boys, but don't count us out so soon (and don't bet on that spread). This team has a big heart and nothing has been easy for us this season. It could just be a Diego Corrales style battle and I love that about us.
After further review,, it looks like Verity will only play LC in the championship due to the fact that LC is not listed with the KYMSFA,,,,, So looks like Verity,West Carter, Simmons, Lewis Co, Bath, Morgan Co, Adams, Sebastian, Leslie, NEW HARLAN and Jackson in Region 4. May not be the shootout afterall!!
ManofGOD Wrote:After further review,, it looks like Verity will only play LC in the championship due to the fact that LC is not listed with the KYMSFA,,,,, So looks like Verity,West Carter, Simmons, Lewis Co, Bath, Morgan Co, Adams, Sebastian, Leslie, NEW HARLAN and Jackson in Region 4. May not be the shootout afterall!!

Where did you find the list of KYMSFA schools ManofGod?
A little Birdie sent it to me!!! I guess you can call them angels, I guess!!!!
ManofGOD Wrote:After further review,, it looks like Verity will only play LC in the championship due to the fact that LC is not listed with the KYMSFA,,,,, So looks like Verity,West Carter, Simmons, Lewis Co, Bath, Morgan Co, Adams, Sebastian, Leslie, NEW HARLAN and Jackson in Region 4. May not be the shootout afterall!!
Haven't heard why but the coach did tell the boys that the con. championship will be there last game. If this is true it's a shame the school system is going to knock these boys out of going to the playoffs.
All schools have the opportunity to join. It is 50.00 a year for he school. Paid to the KYMSFA by September 15th. Be good to join for next year now!!!
Heard this game moved to 10/5 Tuesday
Why isn't Louisa Middle playing in the state playoffs?
did not join the KYMSFA, maybe next year they can get in.
ManofGOD Wrote:did not join the KYMSFA, maybe next year they can get in.
How does one get in touch with the association?
http://80095.digitalsports.com/

try this.
Was this game played last night? Anyone have the score?
I think the championship game will be next Tuesday at lawrence County. I am thinking that the 7th plays at 6 and the 8th plays at 7:30. Remember that ALL-CONFERENCE players should be there to accept their awards for selection. I think the presentation will be before each of the games, 7th grade all-conference awards will be before the 7th grade game , so i am thinking around 5:45 or so on that. There should be more detail to come about this, if I find out I will post.
Any idea about Verity's 7th grade team?
SURE, Stop the all purpose back and you may have a shot,, this running back is FOR REAL!!!
He does everything on the field and he runs he offense. Very Athletic
Verity 8th beat Lawrance Co last night for the conference championship and Verity 7th beat Boyd Co again
Congrats Verity on a great season.
Great game. Verity should go far in the playoff's.
^^^^^:please:
What was the score? Hard to believe Lawrence lost. I watched both teams play GC I dont think Verity got a first down that wasn't from a penalty. Gc had to put 38 on LC to win they'll have a good freshman team next year. Everyone should watch out for the Dawgs they have some good players entering high school next year.
WTG Verity!!!! Looks like the Tomcats got some good players coming up next season!
34 to 28
Verity 34 Lawrence 28 Tuesday October 12, 2010
Verity 34 Lawrence 28 October 12, 2010