Poll: who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
30.43%
Johnson Central
69.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Ashland 10/8
Thoughts and predictions both offenses should score a lot Ashland defense will need to step up the run d and JC secondary needs to be on there game.

Prediction

JC 31

Ashland 34
This will be a great game hard to predict but got to give it to JC. The Tomcats seem to have a hard time stopping the run. JC needs to put alot of pressure on Hunter if they want the win.

JC-35
Ashland-24
Ashland by 3.
This is a good match-up. I like the Tomcats at home in a close one
With two weeks to prepare, I always like the chances of a Matney coached team. Eventually, Ashland will beat Johnson Central again but I don't think that it will happen this game. The Ironton blowout loss has to hurt Ashland's confidence and Johnson Central's style is very similar to Ironton's.

I expect J. J. Jude to run wild in this game. The Tomcats will need to score a lot of points to have a shot. I wish that Johnson Central and Ashland could schedule this game later in the season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:With two weeks to prepare, I always like the chances of a Matney coached team. Eventually, Ashland will beat Johnson Central again but I don't think that it will happen this game. The Ironton blowout loss has to hurt Ashland's confidence and Johnson Central's style is very similar to Ironton's.

I expect J. J. Jude to run wild in this game. The Tomcats will need to score a lot of points to have a shot. I wish that Johnson Central and Ashland could schedule this game later in the season.

I agree it feels like the loser of this game is just playing for second place the rest of the year and believe me jc was blown out by bell sometimes it happens Ashland believes they can win
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I agree it feels like the loser of this game is just playing for second place the rest of the year and believe me jc was blown out by bell sometimes it happens Ashland believes they can win
Johnson Central's loss to Bell was not unexpected. They were heavy underdogs going into that game. I believe that most Ashland fans expected for the Tomcats to beat Ironton and beat them by a comfortable margin this season, at least most of the ones who post here did.

Ironton was Ashland's first real test and they have to be wondering themselves if maybe they were overrated. Johnson Central will enter the game having played a much tougher schedule but they know from past experience not to take a win over the Tomcats for granted - especially not on the road.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Johnson Central's loss to Bell was not unexpected. They were heavy underdogs going into that game. I believe that most Ashland fans expected for the Tomcats to beat Ironton and beat them by a comfortable margin this season, at least most of the ones who post here did.

Ironton was Ashland's first real test and they have to be wondering themselves if maybe they were overrated. Johnson Central will enter the game having played a much tougher schedule but they know from past experience not to take a win over the Tomcats for granted - especially not on the road.

:popcorn:I completly agree well put.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Johnson Central's loss to Bell was not unexpected. They were heavy underdogs going into that game. I believe that most Ashland fans expected for the Tomcats to beat Ironton and beat them by a comfortable margin this season, at least most of the ones who post here did.

True that I don't think most people knew how good ironton was plus nobody goes to tank and win
i will take JC
Johnson Central by 2 td's
Remember, this game is being played in Putnam Stadium...and strange things tend to happen in Putnam Stadium.

But I still like Johnson Central in this one. The last time the Golden Eagles visited Elm Street it was nightmare for the Tomcats. It won't be as lopsided this year but JC should come away with the win.
Something is telling me that Ashland will win this one
I think Ashland comes out by a touchdown late in the 4th quarter.

Ashland-28
JohnCen-21
Ashland is a much better team than what showed up at the Tank. The Tomcats will show the area what they have this Friday.

Ashland by 1 td
Ill Say Johnson Central by 3.

JC-33
Blazer-30
This should be a very exciting game.
Ashland
Johnson Central by 7.
the tomcats in a HUGE way
JC is a VERY good team. Only two losses came to the #1 and #2 teams in Class 4A.

JC by 14
Both defenses tend to give up points so I look for a shootout. Johson Central will get out of the gates early in this one and will try to fend off a Tomcat comeback late. In the end, Central is just too loaded offensively to bet against and they also seem to play better when it counts.. I say JC by 2tds in an offensive shootout. Ashland is not quite there yet.
Good Luck J.J. Jude and the rest of the Eagles!!!
JC by one score
Homefield advantage gives Ashland the edge in a nail-biter
Hoot Gibson Wrote:With two weeks to prepare, I always like the chances of a Matney coached team. Eventually, Ashland will beat Johnson Central again but I don't think that it will happen this game. The Ironton blowout loss has to hurt Ashland's confidence and Johnson Central's style is very similar to Ironton's.

I think Ashland also has 2 weeks of preparations for this game. Still going with a JC win... Go get'em Eagles!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Homefield advantage gives Ashland the edge in a nail-biter

I actually dont believe in home field advantage anymore. :biggrin:
This should be a great game. I'm not sure how successful JC will be against the pass, but if they can come up with some TOs then JC might be able to run away with this one, that is if they don't turn the ball over themselves. I cannot see Ashland stopping Jude, as he should have a pretty big game, like always.

I'll take JC by 12.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:I think Ashland also has 2 weeks of preparations for this game. Still going with a JC win... Go get'em Eagles!!
I believe that Ashland also had two weeks to prepare in 2008 and in 2009. Ashland usually plays Johnson Central tough but since Matney arrived, they have usually come up short. I am really tempted to predict a JC blowout because of the similarity of their team to Ironton, but the fact that Sheldon Clark held JC to 14 points worries me. So does the fact that JC was very fortunate to win last season's match-up on its home field.

This is the time of the season that JC's offense usually starts firing on all cylinders. I look for Tanner Bratton to be the key in this game. If Ashland cannot stop Bratton from picking up four or five yards a carry up the gut, then it will be a very long night for the Tomcats.
Does Ashland have a pretty good passing game? I Noticed JC had some trouble out of Bell Countys passing game, but JJ Jude's rush attack should be good enough to propel JC on to the "W".