Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Knox Central
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Knox Central 10/1
It will be a little cool for water fight.
William Muney Wrote:Easy I did not know you went to Lone Jack???? Highschoolfan you are right you did teach me something today.

I'm an Old Mustang William! I thought I lived close to 72 but it was 92....
Prototype Wrote:That is so funny! I would have to put food coloring in mine. Don't run if you see someone with one. It might be me... I will know it is you because you will be the only one running. LOL:flame:

Not now I won't. If you see some guy smile don't shoot.:biggrin:
William Muney Wrote:Such a good post it deserved X2. :flame:
Thanks - its a touchy subject but worth discussing.

Several of our seniors who are excellent players did not hold back a year though I begged them to in the younger years. And while I respect every families decision to do as they choose, it sure is painful to see these guys miss another year of "training" for life. And a few more tackles from that LB spot would have been sweet too!

And yes - Bell has tons of hold backs. But I don't think any of them are over the age limit unless they suit up a couple of these Bell BGR posters. Then again, Davenport may really be Bell09? One thing I know is - I wish we had more that would get the most of a free education and athletic career... Life is hard - no rush, trust me.
Who has KNOX added since last years team? All I remember was how Turpin was going to run all over us. Well that didnt happen. So if they are loaded, they must had alot of freshman to step up this year. Basically we have the same teams that played last year playing against each other AGAIN this year. 36-6 wasnt that the score from last year? Dont expect nothing different this year.
Spoke to a coaches wife last night and she informed me that KNOX has done made reservations for the State Championship game in Dec? Surely thats not true is it?
Football1 Wrote:Thanks - its a touchy subject but worth discussing.

Several of our seniors who are excellent players did not hold back a year though I begged them to in the younger years. And while I respect every families decision to do as they choose, it sure is painful to see these guys miss another year of "training" for life. And a few more tackles from that LB spot would have been sweet too!

And yes - Bell has tons of hold backs. But I don't think any of them are over the age limit unless they suit up a couple of these Bell BGR posters. Then again, Davenport may really be Bell09? One thing I know is - I wish we had more that would get the most of a free education and athletic career... Life is hard - no rush, trust me.

Good post.... You have won the poster of the day on this thread and I'm not being a smartA either. I have two kids and one graduated at 19 and the other one will next year. Best decision I've ever made for them......
easyM Wrote:Good post.... You have won the poster of the day on this thread and I'm not being a smartA either. I have two kids and one graduated at 19 and the other one will next year. Best decision I've ever made for them......

I went to college as a 17 yr. old. My son went as a 19 yr old and turned twenty in the first semester. Big difference as to how I was prepared for college compared to him being prepared.....Parents need to think on that one for awhile as well. It's not just about another year of sports.....
This is one of my favorites from this year. Davenport running behind his 6'6 lineman Caleb Carter.

[Image: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/...Carter.jpg]

Also this one. Show how well Cory can change directions real fast with his speed.

[Image: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/...y_move.jpg]
William Muney Wrote:It will be a little cool for water fight.
Yes it will be. It will be nothing but tears and sweat ... Win or Lose!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Spoke to a coaches wife last night and she informed me that KNOX has done made reservations for the State Championship game in Dec? Surely thats not true is it?

Yes, this is true....we reserved 300 rooms at the Days Inn, only the finest ya know....sometimes I wonder.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
highschoolfan Wrote:Yes, this is true....we reserved 300 rooms at the Days Inn, only the finest ya know....sometimes I wonder.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Confusedhh:
This is a serious question to the KNOX fans. All kidding aside on this post. LOL..

What players are new or has stepped up to a starting role this year that would make a big enough impact to make this a game this year than last?
To ALL BELL CO FANS!!! Tailgating will start around 5:15 tomorrow evening in the parking lot. Come early and lets be loud!!
Football1 Wrote:I would love to see bleachers over there as well. I'm sure its a money thing. Maybe a game like this one where (hopefully) the stands will overflow for both teams will make the point that this is needed.
we are trying to get some sky boxes and business suites before we go for visitor side bleachers,but if you bubcats stay quiet and remain still you can sit with us and watch the tide turn.ha ha!!!!
easyM Wrote:I went to college as a 17 yr. old. My son went as a 19 yr old and turned twenty in the first semester. Big difference as to how I was prepared for college compared to him being prepared.....Parents need to think on that one for awhile as well. It's not just about another year of sports.....
I graduated one month after turning 18. I played college football at Union; and enjoyed it. But one more year could have meant a D2 scholarship and many college loans not taken. That is not to say that everyone who holds back can get a scholarship. But it is to say your chances will improve.

I appreciate your kind words. It is nice to find value in this site beyond "my teams going to beat your team" posts that lose their fun fast. If dads and moms see this post and at least explore the data that is very clear on the subject - then they can make an educated decision that could impact their sons/daughters life in a big way.
calljenny Wrote:Well I don't know about the Knox team but I do know that the Bell Co team is full of boys that should be in college. The Davenport boys both stayed back 2 years each and the Hilton, Mills and Madon kids stayed back 1 year in grade school. No wonder they are so good they are all 18 and 19 years old playing against true Freshman, Soph, Jr and Senior kids.

Oh no, here we go again. Let the tears fall. Hope they don't flood the field at knox.:zzz:
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Oh no, here we go again. Let the tears fall. Hope they don't flood the field at knox.:zzz:
tears of joy and victory will flood the creeks
I'm not crying just stated facts, I don't even have a son that plays football. People in southeastern Kentucky only think about sports it's not for kids to be more mature it's for football or basketball. My concern has always been for the fact that a boy being almost 20 years old and just graduating high school and the freshman girls being true freshman's the age of 13 and 14 is just sicken and the Law should protect these children and they should not be allow to go to school with all these under age kids. Sports ain't going to get you no where in life.
calljenny Wrote:I'm not crying just stated facts, I don't even have a son that plays football. People in southeastern Kentucky only think about sports it's not for kids to be more mature it's for football or basketball. My concern has always been for the fact that a boy being almost 20 years old and just graduating high school and the freshman girls being true freshman's the age of 13 and 14 is just sicken and the Law should protect these children and they should not be allow to go to school with all these under age kids. Sports ain't going to get you no where in life.
yea thats what we tried to tell Le Bron
calljenny Wrote:I'm not crying just stated facts, I don't even have a son that plays football. People in southeastern Kentucky only think about sports it's not for kids to be more mature it's for football or basketball. My concern has always been for the fact that a boy being almost 20 years old and just graduating high school and the freshman girls being true freshman's the age of 13 and 14 is just sicken and the Law should protect these children and they should not be allow to go to school with all these under age kids. Sports ain't going to get you no where in life.

Yea you are just stating the facts, and you are 100% correct about football in southeastern ky... Listen kids around here aint got much in life, barley have clothes on their back, all they have IS FOOTBALL.. You see movies about men in the barber shops talking about the games, stores closing to go to the games.. THIS IS JUSS likE IT IN THE MTNS... And your just gonna have to get with the program bc i will assure that BEll is NOT the only team that has heldbacks... Even Knox Central's finest William Muney even said you all holdback too. Sports aint going to get you no where; well ask people like, MIchael JOrdan, Troy Aikman, Tim Couch, and heck LArry Bird.. yea ur exactly right, sports wont get you no where. (YEA THEIR LOADED!!)

1 of the most uneducated posts I have ever seen on BGR!!! Are you kidding me?

Football is the key for most of these kids to finish High School and hopefully go to College. Without Football a lot of them would not get the opportunity or have the drive to go to college. If you are worried about your daughter make sure u know were she is and make her dress like a 13 and 14 year old and you will not have to worry about it.

I for 1 would not have finished College without football, possibly even HS.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:1 of the most uneducated posts I have ever seen on BGR!!! Are you kidding me?

Football is the key for most of these kids to finish High School and hopefully go to College. Without Football a lot of them would not get the opportunity or have the drive to go to college. If you are worried about your daughter make sure u know were she is and make her dress like a 13 and 14 year old and you will not have to worry about it.

Amen:Clap:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:1 of the most uneducated posts I have ever seen on BGR!!! Are you kidding me?

Very good post. :Thumbs:

:Thumbs:

Well it almost time for some football. Knox will have to put up or shut now. I think the Bobcats will take of business as usual. I can't see Knox staying on the field with the Cats. The Bobcats are focused and ready for the challenge.
BC 35
KC 13
Would love to see this game. Good luck to all involved.Should be a real slobber-knocker.
Amped 88 Wrote::Thumbs:

Well it almost time for some football. Knox will have to put up or shut now. I think the Bobcats will take of business as usual. I can't see Knox staying on the field with the Cats. The Bobcats are focused and ready for the challenge.
BC 35
KC 13

35-6 for me.... JV plays 4th quarter for Bell Co. :igiveup:

:Clap:
The first 10 or so clips after the Alcoa run is Cory Davenport against KNOX... Just a reminder of whats to come AGAIN tonight..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJJr6Y-oMJo"]YouTube - Cory Davenport Highlight 09[/nomedia]
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:The first 10 or so clips after the Alcoa run is Cory Davenport against KNOX... Just a reminder of whats to come AGAIN tonight..

Great player, and if we play like we did last year he will have a big nite against my Panthers....Hoping that is not the case...Good Luck Bobcats you are truly the King of High School football in the Mountains...but the Panthers are looking to take the crown off those big heads...:moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::rockon:
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next