Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Knox Central
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Knox Central 10/1
pureathlete Wrote:First of all to clarify things, the '08 game in the regional championship was no "fluke play". Call it what you want make up any excuse you want but the fact of the matter was it was a tremendous ball game where KC gave Bell all they wanted all the way down to the last 30 seconds of the game. Where Bell simply out excecuted KC on a planned/practiced Shovel pass. How is properly excecuting a planned and practiced play a fluke? I guess you will have to ask those from KNOX who need to make up excuses to make them feel better. Secondly, yes KC dline is bigger and more physical then bells oline, but athletic? Not so much. They can carry all the logs they want and wade the creeks and eat as much beef as they want to, that will not make them any more athletic enough to catch lil davenport. So i hope those log carrying days help them when they are piled up in the middle and cory is running around them. Thirdly, I dont think KC can put more then 14 points on the board agaisnt bell. They certainly have an outstanding athlete in little canady, and the gyst boy is dangerous as a freshman when he is lined up in the backfield, and they qb throws the ball decent can run a little but is very fragile. Other then this no big play personel. Should be a good one for first quarter and a half, after mill's pep talk at the beginning of the game wears off from bc smacking them in the mouth kc will lay down.
makes me want to forfeit.
This game will be over by half time Bell 55 Knox 14
Not so fast my friend, This will be a war. If you read the Corbin Times (joke)they will have Knox pick to win this game. We have read all year that this is Knox year to ring the Bell. Its time to shut up Knox and see what you can do.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Actually it is. Here is the link.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats4.htm
My bad. I guess LC's stats don't make the top 15. Maybe next year. I was thinking Hunter James was having a good year but he only has 19 TD's through 4 games which probably puts him in the top 25, just not in the top 15. Thanks for the info.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:My bad. I guess LC's stats don't make the top 15. Maybe next year. I was thinking Hunter James was having a good year but he only has 19 TD's through 4 games which probably puts him in the top 25, just not in the top 15. Thanks for the info.

Stats against Middle school teams don't count. :Thumbs:

I still say Knox will win the battle in the trenches but I am afraid Bell will win the war.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:My bad. I guess LC's stats don't make the top 15. Maybe next year. I was thinking Hunter James was having a good year but he only has 19 TD's through 4 games which probably puts him in the top 25, just not in the top 15. Thanks for the info.

We are not concerned with what Hunter James stats are, this is about Bell vs KNOX, you will get to see just how good Hunter is when he faces a Bell or Knox defense blonde hair and all............:please:
highschoolfan Wrote:We are not concerned with what Hunter James stats are, this is about Bell vs KNOX, you will get to see just how good Hunter is when he faces a Bell or Knox defense blonde hair and all............:please:

:rockon:
big blu 2 u Wrote:no one over here coaches that crap.{remember where our coach came from?}no matter where i watch football it seems when a kid gets hurt there is always someone who thinks it was purposely.and if we wanted to hurt or put a guy out of a game dont you think we would have done it a few times already?

Yea ok. We will agree to disagree. Every season players come after our best player after the whistle blows on multiple occasions and not just a single Knox player doing it. You think that is not the Coaches? It may not be but it sure seems strange? Knox gets a few late hits in every game and only get called for a fraction of those. If a Coach does not order them he sure does not stop em either.
Bell in a close one......Knox Central is for real this year with a dominant senior class.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Yea ok. We will agree to disagree. Every season players come after our best player after the whistle blows on multiple occasions and not just a single Knox player doing it. You think that is not the Coaches? It may not be but it sure seems strange? Knox gets a few late hits in every game and only get called for a fraction of those. If a Coach does not order them he sure does not stop em either.

It has happened for years and it will happen this year as well. Bell will be prepared for it. I guess the philosophy is if they can't beat them one way then they can beat them another.
the dark wizard Wrote:I highly doubt they tried to hurt him. And if they did, im sure he did or said something that caused a player to do that. I watched him play multiply sports before and all through high school and wouldnt put it past him to have done or said something.:ChairHit:

This surprises me coming from you. I've not read any post from you that was ever classless. Well, I just did. I cannot believe you are saying that the kid would ask for it if he got hurt or he himself would try to do something like that. That is a pitiful excuse coming from anyone, shocked me that it was you. Very disappointing. No kid ever has deserved to be intentionally hurt as you just stated. I certainly hope both teams can be more classier than this. If a kid gets hurt during the actual game without intent, that can't be helped but to say ok he probably deserved to be head hunted is pathetic. Period!!!!!
Can't we all just get along! It is just a ball game that will hopefully be injury free with both teams showing awsome sportsmanship and playing to the best of their adility. I am sure glad that the posters are not playing. I think everyone of you all would be throwed out for unsportsman like conduct. (LOL)
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:I'm sure KC wishes Bell would do that, but i think coach hilton will let him show off his 4.3 speed for about 3 quarters then sit him and let Collett get his :biggrin:
Now, if you want to start talking what we really wish or hope for, let me solve the mystery for you. Halftime show:

BGR old farts from Bell vs BGR old farts from Knox. it would have to be short due to lack conditioning over the last 20 years but it sure would be fun. I think my old swim move could be dusted off. Preacher Man, Muney, Big Blu in the Wishbone. We would be tough to stop... Then again, if Dudley came out with the leather helmet to run QB, it would be worse than trying to stop Davenport. So forget that idea.

Back to reality. Panthers in the upset of the decade! Everything to gain - nothing to lose.
easyM Wrote:This surprises me coming from you. I've not read any post from you that was ever classless. Well, I just did. I cannot believe you are saying that the kid would ask for it if he got hurt or he himself would try to do something like that. That is a pitiful excuse coming from anyone, shocked me that it was you. Very disappointing. No kid ever has deserved to be intentionally hurt as you just stated. I certainly hope both teams can be more classier than this. If a kid gets hurt during the actual game without intent, that can't be helped but to say ok he probably deserved to be head hunted is pathetic. Period!!!!!

I don't think Coach Mills would order something like the described but I am not convinced a few of the other Coaches would not. If we want to take the next step up in prominence we must clean up the dirty play we are known for. Anyone who denies it is either a: kidding themselves or b: very naive
Football1 Wrote:Now, if you want to start talking what we really wish or hope for, let me solve the mystery for you. Halftime show:

BGR old farts from Bell vs BGR old farts from Knox. it would have to be short due to lack conditioning over the last 20 years but it sure would be fun. I think my old swim move could be dusted off. Preacher Man, Muney, Big Blu in the Wishbone. We would be tough to stop... Then again, if Dudley came out with the leather helmet to run QB, it would be worse than trying to stop Davenport. So forget that idea.

Back to reality. Panthers in the upset of the decade! Everything to gain - nothing to lose.

I think we can convert Muney over to our side. He's a big old boy so we need him against you old log throwers..... :Thumbs:
Football1 Wrote:Now, if you want to start talking what we really wish or hope for, let me solve the mystery for you. Halftime show:

Us old farts had our chances many moons ago and could not get it done time for the youngins to have their turn. :thatsfunn
William Muney Wrote:I don't think Coach Mills would order something like the described but I am not convinced a few of the other Coaches would not. If we want to take the next step up in prominence we must clean up the dirty play we are known for. Anyone who denies it is either a: kidding themselves or b: very naive

I agree about Coach Mills. Leaving it at that......
It is amazing to think 10 years ago this game was a laugher!!!!! Now people actually think we have shot.

I do hope we continue to play Bell in the future it will be a nice change, for it to be non-district and not for all the marbles!!!!!!
William Muney Wrote:It is amazing to think 10 years ago this game was a laugher!!!!! Now people actually think we have shot.

I do hope we continue to play Bell in the future it will be a nice change, for it to be non-district and not for all the marbles!!!!!!

Now Muney are you saying you're glad Bell is getting out of this district? Smartest and most honest post yet on this thread. I still think we have an outside shot of converting you over.....:Clap:
Not to say this is actually going to happen but I am in contact with several students of Knox. They're saying that when Davenport goes to the ground they will be in attack mode. I hope the zebras pay very close attention to the action after each play. And I'm not saying that they should only watch Knox. I'm just saying this based on what some are saying. I'm sure Bell has a headhunter or two that Dudley has to keep on a very short leash as well. And He Will!!!!! Wayne will do the same.....
I think that our play calling will be the key to winning this one.KC
I am a Johnson Central fan and I have seen both teams play. Both are outstanding teams and playing for all the marlbes and both can win. Saying that I feel Knox will play tough to half time then Bell will open the scoring up. Both Johnson Central and Knox have players who can play with anyone from Bell, but Bell has more quality depth, that is why they are good his year.
I will say this and then I'm done talking about intentional injury of a player. I have been on the sidelines of every game Knox has played for the last 3 years. IF -1 time - I ever heard a coach ask a player to try to hurt someone I would have called him on it right there. It has never happened. :dontthink

Now, have we had players who take late shots on purpose? Sure. And have those players caught on ear full from Coach Mills and others - you bet. That is the bottome line. :Thumbs:

And no - you can't convert Muney. He may sniff of Bell Blue now and again but he is Panther Gold from the heart out. Good Lord, you have Davenport. With his 4.3 speed we likely will have to re-grass the field where the flames from his rear side have left scorch marks anyway; and you want to take one of the few Knox posters - man, does it ever end? LOL. :HitWall:
easyM Wrote:Not to say this is actually going to happen but I am in contact with several students of Knox. They're saying that when Davenport goes to the ground they will be in attack mode. I hope the zebras pay very close attention to the action after each play. And I'm not saying that they should only watch Knox. I'm just saying this based on what some are saying. I'm sure Bell has a headhunter or two that Dudley has to keep on a very short leash as well. And He Will!!!!! Wayne will do the same.....
I hope that is not true. I think kids just like to get things started. I guess you could talk to students from any school and that might be said about any player.
Let the Big Bull Beller!!!............ BEll wins 35-20
Football1 Wrote:I will say this and then I'm done talking about intentional injury of a player. I have been on the sidelines of every game Knox has played for the last 3 years. IF -1 time - I ever heard a coach ask a player to try to hurt someone I would have called him on it right there. It has never happened. :dontthink

Now, have we had players who take late shots on purpose? Sure. And have those players caught on ear full from Coach Mills and others - you bet. That is the bottome line. :Thumbs:

And no - you can't convert Muney. He may sniff of Bell Blue now and again but he is Panther Gold from the heart out. Good Lord, you have Davenport. With his 4.3 speed we likely will have to re-grass the field where the flames from his rear side have left scorch marks anyway; and you want to take one of the few Knox posters - man, does it ever end? LOL. :HitWall:

We're going after Muney!!!! lol
Davenport is 4.43. You have one very, very close to that. That field might be in serious trouble from both sides. Hope it soaks up this rain well. We don't a wet field as the Bluebirds so often says.....
Prototype Wrote:I hope that is not true. I think kids just like to get things started. I guess you could talk to students from any school and that might be said about any player.

Hope it's not true as well but ask the ones in the know from either side and I guarantee you they say that the refs will be watching very closely. I hate that because the yellow flags can take away from a game but in this instance they might have to throw more than they would like to throw.
Football1 Wrote:I will say this and then I'm done talking about intentional injury of a player. I have been on the sidelines of every game Knox has played for the last 3 years. IF -1 time - I ever heard a coach ask a player to try to hurt someone I would have called him on it right there. It has never happened. :dontthink

Football1 I know the whole coaching staff. Most of them I have went to church with at one time or another. They are good men. You are right! It would prove nothing to hurt a player from either team. I for one hope both teams have no injuries. I don't want any excuses at the end of the game to why which team lost the game. At the end of the game these kids can shake hands and we will all know who the better team is until we meet the next time.
Prototype Wrote:Football1 I know the whole coaching staff. Most of them I have went to church with at one time or another. They are good men. You are right! It would prove nothing to hurt a player from either team. I for one hope both teams have no injuries. I don't want any excuses at the end of the game to why which team lost the game. At the end of the game these kids can shake hands and we will all know who the better team is until we meet the next time.

This won't make the Lawrence Co. faithful happy but I'm pretty sure that these two teams will meet again in the Regional Finals......:1:
I do admire and cheer for Bell just not when they are playing KC!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next