Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Pikeville.
Tomorrow I am making the long drive to Pikeville for a very sad reason.
I know there is a place up on the mountain that you can go and look over the whole town can someone tell me how I can get up there?
The Overlook? I'm not sure of the actual directions, but you go up towards the YMCA on Bob Amos Dr. and keep going straight.
Thanks
I am so sorry to hear about your seasoning to come to Pikeville. The entrance is at the red light where the Expo Center is. Go past the Engineering building and you come to a big gate. To get to the overlook you have to have a lil bit of a connection. You may have to get a passcode into a gated community-but- alot of the time the gate is open and you can even catch someone opening it. But after you are up on top of the mountain making a right and continuing until you come to a dead end. Go down through the beaten path and you will get to the cliff that they shoot fireworks off. It is one of the best views in the world.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Thanks.

No problem buddy. Be careful coming in.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Actually, if you take Exit 24 off of US 23, then you will go all the way up Bob Amos Hill, past the YMCA, and then on up to the main top, and there is an actual overlook. The one that Scotty mentioned above is pretty tough to get to. Especially if you arent a natural hiker. Which I am not. lol

Which direction are you coming in? From US 23 N or US 23 S??
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am so sorry to hear about your seasoning to come to Pikeville. The entrance is at the red light where the Expo Center is. Go past the Engineering building and you come to a big gate. To get to the overlook you have to have a lil bit of a connection. You may have to get a passcode into a gated community-but- alot of the time the gate is open and you can even catch someone opening it. But after you are up on top of the mountain making a right and continuing until you come to a dead end. Go down through the beaten path and you will get to the cliff that they shoot fireworks off. It is one of the best views in the world.
That would be lovers leap. The Overlook is at the main top of the hill that Bob Amos Park is located on.
Panther Thunder Wrote:That would be lovers leap. The Overlook is at the main top of the hill that Bob Amos Park is located on.

When I think of his question of an overlook that allows you to see the whole town I thought of Lover's Leap. I think it is the one he was wondering about but the actual tourist friendly one is amazing as well. I love my hometown and I would suggest either one.
[SIZE="4"]