Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati St. Xavier, OH 17 Trinity (Louisville) 10
final
Tough loss for the Rocks but they are still the best team in the Commonwealth.
The Birds probably have something to say about that.
Hate to see the Rocks lose, but they lost to a very good team who is in the top 25 nationally, I believe.
Congrats St. Xavier
This score does not surprise me.
well i was pulling for Trinity.

Congrats Cincy St. X
i had a feeling that this game would be close. St. Xavier isnt top 25 nationally, but their defense certainly is. good game by trinity
Can you imagine ST.X and Colerain wow Colerain by 3td's
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Hate to see the Rocks lose, but they lost to a very good team who is in the top 25 nationally, I believe.

No, not even top 10 in the state, #5 in Cincinnati

Rnk Team Pts Recent/Next Game
1 Colerain 90 (9) W 44-7 vs. Fairfield
2 Moeller 80 vs. Findlay
3 LaSalle 68 W 48-0 vs. Northwest, IN
4 Middletown 60 W 24-13 vs. Lakota West
5 St. Xavier 52 W 17-10 vs. Trinity
Cincinnati St. Xavier 7 0 7 3 17
Trinity 7 0 0 3 10
Scoring summary:
T--D.Bishop 1 run (J.Crenshaw kick); CSX--C.Hundley 91 run (J.Frey kick); CSX--Hundley 1 run (Frey kick); CSX--Frey 45 field goal; T--Crenshaw 37 field goal.
Records: Cincinnati St. Xavier 3-1, Trinity 3-1.
More details: The Shamrocks, tied for the top spot in Dave Cantrall's rankings with Highlands, lost their first game of the season to Ohio power Cincinnati St. Xavier.
Conor Hundley led the victors with 206 yards rushing and two touchdown runs, one from 91 yards out. Derek Bishop ran for 102 yards and a score for Trinity.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zspvVCqH
Another Ohio school beating on a KY school.
Not sure why this is getting such little discussion? With all the talk about Kentucky versus, I was sure there would be plenty of comments.....
Stardust Wrote:Not sure why this is getting such little discussion? With all the talk about Kentucky versus, I was sure there would be plenty of comments.....

Because Kentucky lost. If Trinity had won, I'm sure there would have been pages on the topic.
tradition Wrote:Because Kentucky lost. If Trinity had won, I'm sure there would have been pages on the topic.

You are right Tradition.

So throw the scrimmage out the door with the Rocks, how do you feel the Birds would have done with X this year. I know you guys would have loved to have that game on the schedule!
Stardust Wrote:You are right Tradition.

So throw the scrimmage out the door with the Rocks, how do you feel the Birds would have done with X this year. I know you guys would have loved to have that game on the schedule!

I believe HHS would have been right in the game for 3 quarters and X would win in the 4th by about 10.
Who's dodging who, are Trinity and St. X affraid to play HHS or is it the other way around. For either of these teams to claim being #1 in Ky they should have to play each other.

If not, just claim to being the best in your class and shut up about being the best in the state. Don't give me comparable opponents or computer rankings and polls...why do they not play???
Jumper Dad Wrote:Who's dodging who, are Trinity and St. X affraid to play HHS or is it the other way around. For either of these teams to claim being #1 in Ky they should have to play each other.

If not, just claim to being the best in your class and shut up about being the best in the state. Don't give me comparable opponents or computer rankings and polls...why do they not play???

The last time Highlands played ST X (05-06)there was a running clock and a 35-21 game. It is much easier for HHS to not play X-T and proclaim they could beat them rather than actually play them.

HHS playing X/T regularly would have the same results as playing Cincy X/Elder/Moeller etc. A random victory here and there but for the most part would be outmanned everytime.
Thunder Lips Wrote:The last time Highlands played ST X (05-06)there was a running clock and a 35-21 game. It is much easier for HHS to not play X-T and proclaim they could beat them rather than actually play them.

HHS playing X/T regularly would have the same results as playing Cincy X/Elder/Moeller etc. A random victory here and there but for the most part would be outmanned everytime.

Before the 90's, you are probably right. But in the 90's and 2000's, I believe they would all been close,good games.
Thunder Lips Wrote:The last time Highlands played ST X (05-06)there was a running clock and a 35-21 game. It is much easier for HHS to not play X-T and proclaim they could beat them rather than actually play them.

And the last time Highlands played Trinity, Highlands won.:popcorn:
sstack Wrote:Before the 90's, you are probably right. But in the 90's and 2000's, I believe they would all been close,good games.

Actually I have to say they would have done very well in the 80's too. In 82 they won the AAA title and beat Christian Co who won the AAAA title. For you youngsters, that was back when there were only four classes(the way it should still be).
congrats to Cincy ST.X