Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WESTERN KY HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FANS - Calling you Out!
Pigskinman53 Wrote:The rivals site is pakced with WKY and bluegrass preps is packed with NKY. Those who are lost is Central KY

I actually like this site best of because because A. It's free unlike bluegrass preps B. the knowledge of fans on here is much better than Kentucky preps.

I think we can address CKY as well. We have a fair amount that post during basketball, but you are right, no much during football.

And you are right, we are the most intelligent posters :biggrin:
Once a Colonel Wrote:First time I have ever heard of this board was tonight so I will give my game of the week in western Kentucky. Henderson Co. Colonels vs Christian Co. Colonels. Don't know how Henderson looks this year but this is always a rivalry game. This game got elevated to another level when they beat us on our home field in the late eighties and then dropped on there backs and acted like some type of dying animal. That's okay though because we returned the favor the next year on their home field. LOL! Only time in my association with our team that we acted like we didn't have a head on our shoulders. Ever since then, this game has brought a little extra and usually has some of the larger crowds of the year.

Awesome OAC! Welocome aboard. Let's get more of your friends on here and make it the best WKY sports blog on the net :Thumbs:
I guess that I am technically CKY but I am not sure, you guys tell me. I currently live in Jamestown which is in Russell County. I guess you could call me South-Central, maybe? Who knows I could be in the state of utter confusion!
I want to see delegation for the following schools:

Russellville
Murray
Owensboro Catholic

Where are ya?!?!?!?
lwc Wrote:I guess that I am technically CKY but I am not sure, you guys tell me. I currently live in Jamestown which is in Russell County. I guess you could call me South-Central, maybe? Who knows I could be in the state of utter confusion!

Lol, I don't know where either are. But if you are from South-Central, I want nothing to do with you......
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I want to see delegation for the following schools:

Russellville
Murray
Owensboro Catholic

Where are ya?!?!?!?

They are coming EKU.....
John Hardin! Go Bulldogs....

I read the posts on here everyday just to keep up with teams throughout the state. I do like this forum best on games nights because most scores are posted here before anywhere else. Hopefully more people from the west will participate. I do promote BGR on my website.
Dawg Pound Wrote:John Hardin! Go Bulldogs....

I read the posts on here everyday just to keep up with teams throughout the state. I do like this forum best on games nights because most scores are posted here before anywhere else. Hopefully more people from the west will participate. I do promote BGR on my website.

Great comment, and one that many need to recognize in that this is not a site to announce just the local area's scores or the one's that only interest them, but all scores :Thumbs:
I do hope we don't get a bunch of Hilltopper fans on here. That's all we need.::please:ChairHit::redboxer::flame::argue::HitWall::thatsfunn:flush::devilflam:thatsfunn:moon:
I have honestly tried to do just this but gave up this year due to frustration. I did get some Mayfield folks on board but most of them no longer get on much anymore due to a lack of intrest from others on here. For example, I started a Mayfield Cardinals Thread on here a couple weeks before the season and got exactly 0 replies. That kind of frustration made me just about deep six this site myself and has kept me from posting since. There are several of the mods in the past that have tried to help get the west on here and will take the time to posts on my Cards topics and others from outwest but the fan base in general has no interest and I hope we can change that. Stardust and EKU Alum I really appreciate both your efforts and occasional posts on some of my WKY stuff.
I'd like to say welcome MayfieldCardinal,This site needs ALL kentucky areas represented so that it can continue to grow and gain the recognition it deserves. I do know that the Mayfield program is one of the best the state has had to offer over the years. yours and other WKY folks insight is needed to help promote KYHS football so that the everyone can come to the realization that our kids can play with anyone out there.We need to get the recruiters interested more in our kids!:thanks:
Westside Wrote:I do hope we don't get a bunch of Hilltopper fans on here. That's all we need.::please:ChairHit::redboxer::flame::argue::HitWall::thatsfunn:flush::devilflam:thatsfunn:moon:
Hill-Topper fan here. I cover Green County, Campbellsville, Taylor County, Marion County, Larue County, Adair County, Washington County. I am also a EKU fan, so don't hate too much...lol
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I'm from Western Kentucky over here! Big Grin
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I have honestly tried to do just this but gave up this year due to frustration. I did get some Mayfield folks on board but most of them no longer get on much anymore due to a lack of intrest from others on here. For example, I started a Mayfield Cardinals Thread on here a couple weeks before the season and got exactly 0 replies. That kind of frustration made me just about deep six this site myself and has kept me from posting since. There are several of the mods in the past that have tried to help get the west on here and will take the time to posts on my Cards topics and others from outwest but the fan base in general has no interest and I hope we can change that. Stardust and EKU Alum I really appreciate both your efforts and occasional posts on some of my WKY stuff.

:notworthy

We need you, so thank you for doing your part. Stay patient. I lived your exact same situation. It certainly looks like we are getting a bit more interest, but it will grow before you know it. It took more than a year to get a following from NKY, now to the chagrin of our EKY counterparts, we are spreading on here like Roaches. :biggrin:

Just kidding EKY :Thumbs:

Seriously though, even though the focus of the predominance of the conversation is from pockets, it's growing. When it happens, it will happen all at once. Let your friends know that more conversation is going to kick-up, and invite them back.

Again, Thank you for doing your part:1:
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:I'm from Western Kentucky over here! Big Grin

Awesome. Stay active, we will make sure it pays off for you!
Valley Girl Wrote:I'd like to say welcome MayfieldCardinal,This site needs ALL kentucky areas represented so that it can continue to grow and gain the recognition it deserves. I do know that the Mayfield program is one of the best the state has had to offer over the years. yours and other WKY folks insight is needed to help promote KYHS football so that the everyone can come to the realization that our kids can play with anyone out there.We need to get the recruiters interested more in our kids!:thanks:

AWESOME Post Valley Girl :Thumbs:
I can only imagine how hard it is for the WKY members, because there is little topic about that region of the state, at least until playoff time rolls around. But I'm sure if you stay as active as most of the members then more members will come from your part of the state, but in due time.

I would like to thank Tica for staying active and providing us with a lot of info about PT and other WKY teams.
Duke270 Wrote:I'm a player for Paducah Tilghman. WKY is where it's at.

I like your pride. Get others from WKY on here and show us that you are right :biggrin:

Thanks for your support
Valley Girl Wrote:I'd like to say welcome MayfieldCardinal,This site needs ALL kentucky areas represented so that it can continue to grow and gain the recognition it deserves. I do know that the Mayfield program is one of the best the state has had to offer over the years. yours and other WKY folks insight is needed to help promote KYHS football so that the everyone can come to the realization that our kids can play with anyone out there.We need to get the recruiters interested more in our kids!:thanks:

Thanks ValleyG, I am actually not new, I got on board in 2006 but just don't posts much anymore. Thanks for the welcome and kind words about my Cards. I forgot to also praise Blackcat, he has always tried to help my West posts out as well.
As for Tica, I hope he has a terrible Friday Night this week :biggrin:
We need to advertise on some websites or with a billboard or something, lol. I would donate for that...PM me Stardust if you're interested at all in that idea.
vundy33 Wrote:We need to advertise on some websites or with a billboard or something, lol. I would donate for that...PM me Stardust if you're interested at all in that idea.

I think it's a great idea. I've made flyers, posted them in library, fitness centers, and grocery stores in NKY. There has been talk of tee-shirts and other things at the state tournaments. Bottomline, we can't stop, we have to continue to press on.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Hill-Topper fan here. I cover Green County, Campbellsville, Taylor County, Marion County, Larue County, Adair County, Washington County. I am also a EKU fan, so don't hate too much...lol

You're cool t:Thumbs:hen.
This week's pick'em -

Hopkinsville vs Christian County????? :wtf1:
hooaah Wrote:This week's pick'em -

Hopkinsville vs Christian County????? :wtf1:

Lol, just goes to show you that we know nothing about WKY football yet. Help us please Smile
Two state championship teams meeting Friday night when Fort Campbell AA comes to Paducah Tilghman AAA. Nary a mention in the weekly pix. In fact, I see just one game west of I-65. We're out here in flat country folks, Mayfield, Murray, Lone Oak, Fort Campbell, Crittenden County, Paducah Tilghman, Christian County, etc. Play some pretty good football also.
Tica Wrote:Two state championship teams meeting Friday night when Fort Campbell AA comes to Paducah Tilghman AAA. Nary a mention in the weekly pix. In fact, I see just one game west of I-65. We're out here in flat country folks, Mayfield, Murray, Lone Oak, Fort Campbell, Crittenden County, Paducah Tilghman, Christian County, etc. Play some pretty good football also.

I think I can speak for a lot of other people on here when I say that that is where people from Western Kentucky come in. I don't know much about Western Kentucky hs football, and if people from the area get on and discuss the teams/games we can learn about the teams and join in.
If you follow AA football, you will learn about 4-0 Murray High School if you do not know by now. They have Matt Deese, a 6' 240 pound fullback, who will run it down your throat. Clearing the holes are Robert Olive, 6'3" 330 and Garret Wright, 6'2 290. They are coached by Steve Duncan, whose son Zipp played at UK and was briefly with the Philly Eagles.
Westside Wrote:I think I can speak for a lot of other people on here when I say that that is where people from Western Kentucky come in. I don't know much about Western Kentucky hs football, and if people from the area get on and discuss the teams/games we can learn about the teams and join in.

Amen :Thumbs: