Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 60 Raceland 34
final
Whoopin'
Greenup certainly has it going this year. My dawgs are going to be in for a fight in a few weeks.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Raceland just to young to stop that GC running game.
CatDawg Wrote:Greenup certainly has it going this year. My dawgs are going to be in for a fight in a few weeks.

I agree, this years game between LC and GC will be a dandy.
Especially since it is at Greenup.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
CatDawg Wrote:Especially since it is at Greenup.

The game is in Louisa..Josh Mills got hurt last year at Greenup from what I remember.
will Coal Grove put up a decent game to GC?
I hope your right I was thinking it was at Greenup. Back on topic, if Greenup has their running game playing this well it could be a back and forth game with a ton of yards.
CatDawg Wrote:I hope your right I was thinking it was at Greenup. Back on topic, if Greenup has their running game playing this well it could be a back and forth game with a ton of yards.

Greenup comes to Louisa this year, should be a dandy of a game with a lot of yards on the ground.
whoa another surprise score.....i thought this one was going to be the game of the week
GC O-line did a great job tonight.
No matter what is said this game was alot closer than the score showed. I'll leave it at that. And congrats to the greenup fans who ventured to the Raceland sidelines and tore down the signs that were in rememberance of Tyler Baldridge who passed away this past summer..
FBALL Wrote:Raceland just to young to stop that GC running game.
Convincingly, Rams were wore out with 3 minutes to go in 3rd qt. and GC scored 33 pts. unanswered until Rams scored on reserves, Corey Lyle had a big game, Devils (might) have a chanch of beating Rams later on in season finale, Rams and Devils got 60 pts. put on each of them tonight, great night for football. :lmao::Thumbs:
congrats to GC
Stardust Wrote:will Coal Grove put up a decent game to GC?
Coal Grove got beat tonight by Lucasville, Ohio, 35-7,, they will be a tough opponent in 2 weeks, as GC has a bye week, 2 of the injured linemen should be healthy by then, GC beat CG as freshmen, but it took a goalline stand to preserve the win, I look for Marsh to have a big game on the field turf at CG.
Big- D Wrote:whoa another surprise score.....i thought this one was going to be the game of the week
Greenup Countys line wore down the Ram defense, Rams were not in shape to take the physical line play that was dished out, GC scored 33 pts. in about 8 minutes, before Rams scored on reserves, Lyle had over 300 yds. rushing, they even put Hampton in backfield, scored a td. and ran hard, great win, county sweep.:Clap:
old warrior Wrote:Convincingly, Rams were wore out with 3 minutes to go in 3rd qt. and GC scored 33 pts. unanswered until Rams scored on reserves, Corey Lyle had a big game, Devils (might) have a chanch of beating Rams later on in season finale, Rams and Devils got 60 pts. put on each of them tonight, great night for football. :lmao::Thumbs:

Difference is that Russell got 60 put on them by Ashland not GC. Racelands offense is decent. Their defense not so good. The way Ashland played tonight they would have put up 60 on just about anybody. Very impressive.
grim_reminder Wrote:GC O-line did a great job tonight.

With 2 starters out of O-line, and still dominated the Rams which their D-line just whipped at the point of attack. Convincing win.
good game until towards the end of the 3rd quarter....and IDK what happened at the end of the game with the signs but Im sure it was all a misunderstanding..but they still should not be tearin down our signs.
Pretty sure Ol Kosar asked you Ram fans a few weeks ago, How you were going to like it when GC beat you by 30. I have been all over these predictions this year...LOL
PS....Copley dealt with the sign deal. Raceland needs to deal with the adults screaming at GC players after the game.
Kosar Wrote:Pretty sure Ol Kosar asked you Ram fans a few weeks ago, How you were going to like it when GC beat you by 30. I have been all over these predictions this year...LOL

:HitWall: f off!!!!! lol wait till next year when im good with my predictions..yeah raceland beatin greenup by 40
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote::HitWall: f off!!!!! lol wait till next year when im good with my predictions..yeah raceland beatin greenup by 40
Such language, you must have been one of the Raceland fans on the track after the game. That's the kind of things they were yelling at high school boys.
Oh yeah, you may not get the chance next year....shhhhh
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote::HitWall: f off!!!!! lol wait till next year when im good with my predictions..yeah raceland beatin greenup by 40

Lmao. 2,000th joke from a Raceland fan I've heard today. That's funny. :lmao:
I won't argue to much cuz greenup won and I have no excuses. But GC was in the same position last year. As they lost a fellow teammate the previous off season. I left the game early to see the end if the Marshall/WVU game. So I didn't see it. But to do what was done was 100% classless that cannot be defended in anyway. I understand the excitement and the cause of a rivalry game I've been there myself. But too tear down and tarnish a past players sign who passed away las summer is something else. Like I said il leave it at that and move on. What's done is done. But any parent or fanbase has every right to say something over that.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I won't argue to much cuz greenup won and I have no excuses. But GC was in the same position last year. As they lost a fellow teammate the previous off season. I left the game early to see the end if the Marshall/WVU game. So I didn't see it. But to do what was done was 100% classless that cannot be defended in anyway. I understand the excitement and the cause of a rivalry game I've been there myself. But too tear down and tarnish a past players sign who passed away las summer is something else. Like I said il leave it at that and move on. What's done is done. But any parent or fanbase has every right to say something over that.

Musketeer players (a few) tore down a sign in their excitement after the game. This should not have happened and they were disciplined after the game. They, nor anyone else realized, until later, it was a sign in memory of a fallen Raceland Rams teammate. The situation was dealt with.
Is Copley still the coach at Greenup. Congrats Greenup.
Wow...I think everyone is losing sight of what this sight is about. I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be about the football game, not anything and everything that happened after the game. Raceland played a great game in the first half and after that, Greenup adjusted and slowed that great passing attack down. It needs to be mentioned that two records were broke last night; Corey Lyle broke the rushing record and GC's offense broke the record for total yards. (All records for Greenup) Pretty Impressive!